Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Barreft
Jul 21, 2014

Vikar Jerome posted:

the triforce has finally been found

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2x_pqyrf9lA

(its worth watching the whole thing from the start, if you're into old beta oot content and late 90's/00's rumours and poo poo, as a yt comment says, its the equivalent of telling a bunch of adults that santa is real and showing them proof in real time)

I'm so confused but I can't watch the whole thing. So it's basically a mod they made of unused assets leftover from beta on the original cart? That's cool as hell but for a bit i thought it was actually cut beta events

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

I believe Emmanuelle is shit, though Emmanuelle 2, Emmanuelle '77 and Goodbye, Emmanuelle may be very good movies.

Barreft posted:

I'm so confused but I can't watch the whole thing. So it's basically a mod they made of unused assets leftover from beta on the original cart? That's cool as hell but for a bit i thought it was actually cut beta events

no they uhhhhh my brain cant even comprehend it, but its a mix of cut content that is strung together with new stuff that is programed in on the fly in real time using the ACE (arbitrary code execution) glitch. like its an original unmodified cart on a real 64 and the code is sent to the other 3 controller ports by that ROB looking robot, like the rob robot is inputting the code via controller inputs very fast and gltichy to create the new stuff as it happens but its still on a real n64 with a real unmodified cart in real time. like the cart is getting hacked as it as happens. theres a lot of stuff from old betas and the like in it that they mention but also recreated stuff but they downplayed it all to feed into all those late 90s rumours about how to get the triforce. (the triforce room, unicorn fountain are recreated since i dont think they ever found those two in the gigaleak or that spaceworld beta) and they wanted to show off what was possible with ACE. its loving insane and breaks my understanding of what is possible in the universe

Vikar Jerome fucked around with this message at 17:33 on Jul 3, 2022

Barreft
Jul 21, 2014

Vikar Jerome posted:

no they uhhhhh my brain cant even comprehend it, but its a mix of cut content that is strung together with new stuff that is programed in on the fly in real time using the ACE (arbitrary code execution) glitch. like its an original unmodified cart on a real 64 and the code is sent to the other 3 controller ports by that ROB looking robot, like the rob robot is inputting the code via controller inputs very fast and gltichy to create the new stuff as it happens but its still on a real n64 with a real unmodified cart in real time. like the cart is getting hacked as it as happens. theres a lot of stuff from old betas and the like in it that they mention but also recreated stuff but they downplayed it all to feed into all those late 90s rumours about how to get the triforce. (the triforce room, unicorn fountain are recreated since i dont think they ever found those two in the gigaleak or that spaceworld beta) and they wanted to show off what was possible with ACE. its loving insane and breaks my understanding of what is possible in the universe

jfc yeah okay I'll have to watch the whole thing later lol what I saw was wild

ScootsMcSkirt
Oct 29, 2013

Vikar Jerome posted:

its incredible but i have no idea how they hooked the n64 up to the internet to get the live chat. I would love to see behind the scenes videos on how they pulled all of this off, its so drat cool

*edit drat there are already some videos with BTS stuff explaining whats going on. I might be misunderstanding but it looks like TASbot was inputting code during the live chat part, which was how the cart was able to display the real messages from ppl. Thats really cool and im happy they didnt fake that part. Its completely crazy what they were able to pull off. Next theyre probably gonna recreate Mario 64 live on camera or something insane

heres the vid I found:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qBK1sq1BQ2Q

ScootsMcSkirt fucked around with this message at 20:38 on Jul 3, 2022

Amppelix
Aug 6, 2010

well, you asked for it:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qBK1sq1BQ2Q

warning, it gets quite technical

although putting chat messages in game is barely a trick, and they've done it before on GDQ even. you simply read the messages off the IRC and patch them through to the game via the same channel you're doing all this other on-the-fly coding with, there's no need to connect the console itself to anything.

Amppelix fucked around with this message at 20:38 on Jul 3, 2022

jackhunter64
Aug 28, 2008

Keep it up son, take a look at what you could have won

I lost it when the stopwatch started glitching because it's trying to show the race time minus seven years.

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

cool vid

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius
It's a TASbot run, so they always do weird poo poo. If they can get ACE on a game, TASBot is able to send controller inputs that ends up writing to memory and then they can program the console to do whatever they want.

Just Andi Now
Nov 8, 2009

Honestly the amazing thing to me is that they had to write 4 different payloads just to let the controllers input the data at high speeds. When it starts, they can use 1 controller to enter an instruction (4 bytes) 10 times per second, and by the end they can use controllers 2-4 to stream data at around 5kB per second while allowing the P1 slot to continue playing the game. Using the rumble output for error checking was icing on the cake.

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

I believe Emmanuelle is shit, though Emmanuelle 2, Emmanuelle '77 and Goodbye, Emmanuelle may be very good movies.
Sega couldnt do this poo poo imo

ManSedan
May 7, 2006
Seats 4

Vikar Jerome posted:

Sega couldnt do this poo poo imo

I thought they did what Ninten-don’t?

romanowski
Nov 10, 2012

nintendoes what segan't

The Golux
Feb 18, 2017

Internet Cephalopod

romanowski posted:

nintendoes what segan't

I'm glad I'm not the only person who came up with this

thechosenone
Mar 21, 2009
Wouldn't that be Segain't, instead of Segan't?

The Golux
Feb 18, 2017

Internet Cephalopod

thechosenone posted:

Wouldn't that be Segain't, instead of Segan't?

it's a portmanteau of Sega and can't. I guess ain't works too but "Nintendo does what Sega isn't" is a little less usual than "Nintendo does what Sega can't."

MokBa
Jun 8, 2006

If you see something suspicious, bomb it!

Nintendis what Segain't.

Namnesor
Jun 29, 2005

Dante's allowance - $100
Nintendid what Segidn't.

Dictator.
May 13, 2007

#Blessed

Nintendeez nuts

Necrothatcher
Mar 26, 2005

Amppelix posted:

although putting chat messages in game is barely a trick, and they've done it before on GDQ even. you simply read the messages off the IRC and patch them through to the game via the same channel you're doing all this other on-the-fly coding with, there's no need to connect the console itself to anything.

tch, childs play really

superjew
Sep 5, 2007

No fair! You changed the outcome by measuring it!
Play it Segain, Sam.

jackhunter64
Aug 28, 2008

Keep it up son, take a look at what you could have won

Genesisn't

The Maroon Hawk
May 10, 2008

nintendo

wologar
Feb 11, 2014

නෝනාවරුනි
Breath of the Wild HD Remaster will come out before Breath of the Wild 2.

Amppelix
Aug 6, 2010

Necrothatcher posted:

tch, childs play really
it is after you've already done all the other stuff!

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

wologar posted:

Breath of the Wild HD Remaster will come out before Breath of the Wild 2.

That basically already exists on PC, lmao

Kassad
Nov 12, 2005

It's about time.
With Zelda as a playable character, too.

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

Kassad posted:

With Zelda as a playable character, too.

Please tell me they managed to replace Zelda with Link in all the cutscenes too

Shoehead
Sep 28, 2005

Wassup, Choom?
Ya need sumthin'?

Captain Hygiene posted:

Pretty much, he lifts right out!

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
Hope Moria is okay, poor sap

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

Captain Hygiene posted:

yep, plus theyve managed to make their own dlc type mods and addons and poo poo. they can even build their own big rear end unique dungeons into the shrines and also rip them out of say, skyward sword or cj's house. its pretty :eyepop: when you check it out and go down the yt rabbit hole.

Amppelix
Aug 6, 2010

not the memories though, those are prerendered (but both link and zelda appear in them already so it doesn't matter)

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

Amppelix posted:

not the memories though, those are prerendered (but both link and zelda appear in them already so it doesn't matter)

wont be long tbh, look at the ff7 mod that replaces the fmv models using, from what i can tell, space time magic.

Vikar Jerome fucked around with this message at 17:57 on Jul 9, 2022

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

Amppelix posted:

I thought they might be but I couldn't remember. I would say it does matter though because that means we don't get to see Link getting all butt-tastic while grabbing bugs or flowers or whatever

Kassad
Nov 12, 2005

It's about time.

Amppelix posted:

They found a way by swapping the videos centered on Link and the champions in the base game with those from the DLC (since they're centered on Zelda).

The two things that are still awkward are the jumping/fighting/etc grunts (the modders changed them but the news sounds are so-so) and that Zelda's long hair clips through shields (there's an optional setting moving shields lower on her back to deal with that, or you can stick with headsets that give her shorter hair).

Kassad fucked around with this message at 17:48 on Jul 9, 2022

Zat
Jan 16, 2008

Amppelix posted:

Woah, this is actually surprising to me that they're prerendered. I fully assumed all that stuff was realtime, for no particular reason.

The Dave
Sep 9, 2003

Vikar Jerome posted:

wont be long tbh, look at the ff7 mod that replaces the fmv models using, from what i can tell, space time magic.

…..link? I just don’t understand how that’s possible unless they remade the fmvs themselves.

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

The Dave posted:

…..link? I just don’t understand how that’s possible unless they remade the fmvs themselves.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VZk73ePexSw

https://www.nexusmods.com/finalfantasy7/mods/52

The Dave
Sep 9, 2003

Ahhh I was totally forgetting the game did that thing with blending in game and fmv, and had those moments you could move but there was a fmv background.

Junpei
Oct 4, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 11 years!
What's your worst Zelda opinion?

Mine is either that I didn't mind the Temple of the Ocean King, or that I didn't mind Fi.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

Junpei posted:

What's your worst Zelda opinion?

BotW isn't a good "Zelda" game :twisted: