Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

marumaru posted:

The MiA author gives me some serious creep vibes. I ended up dropping the Manga, and I'm hoping the anime is slightly more watchable. Not that I have high hopes, there's plenty of pretty unnecessary gross creep poo poo in the anime as well

I’m sorry but having seen some photos I have to agree with this. Dude looks like a Japanese mall Santa and probably has a body or two buried somewhere.

I followed him on Twitter for a while, and…yikes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

My hope for the Namtab era is that people really think before posting, about how people may interpret their posts

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

Namtab posted:

My hope for the Namtab era is that people really think before posting, about how people may interpret their posts

sorry in advance

Trash Ops
Jun 19, 2012

im having fun, isnt everyone else?

symbolic posted:

the only two gambling series i know of are Kaiji and Kakegurui, which (afaik) are so vastly different from each other that it makes me lol

watch one outs, it is sports and gambling

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant
Weird that ADTRW gets a mod finally and then suddenly calls for closing the forum and cleaning house come about.

Namtab posted:

Admittedly that one's hard because, say, Kakeguuri is kinda grossly sexualized as part of its weirdass extreme nature. It's hard to account for how an external observer will take it or a discussion about it.

FilthyImp fucked around with this message at 14:40 on Jul 10, 2022

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

Pollyanna posted:

I’m sorry but having seen some photos I have to agree with this. Dude looks like a Japanese mall Santa and probably has a body or two buried somewhere.

Judging someone by their personal appearance like that kinda sucks, especially when there are far more salient things to bring up!

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

of all the things to criticize the mia guy, yeah, what

hbag
Feb 13, 2021

woah fella, being weird about kids i can tolerate, but looking weird is where i draw the line!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

marumaru
May 20, 2013

Namtab posted:

here's hope you're going to be understanding about esls (me)

marumaru
May 20, 2013

The Colonel posted:

if he gives you creep vibes why are you looking for any version of his work in particular

because the world itself is cool as gently caress. im starved for what he's cooking up (a mysterious, fantastical world full of crazy, unique stuff and mysterious technologically advanced ancestors with all sorts of basically magical gadgets) but i hate his dressing (scat pedo poo poo)
i probably just hate myself and enjoy being angry at anime at this point, i cant justify it

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

Srice posted:

Judging someone by their personal appearance like that kinda sucks, especially when there are far more salient things to bring up!

Yeah that’s the uhhhhh second half of my posts. Go check out his timeline for some serious poo poo.

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

Trash Ops posted:

based

marumaru
May 20, 2013

Pollyanna posted:

im not even going as far as to say he looks weird, but there's a famous image (thats just screenshots from a video i guess) of him talking about how much he sniffs a nanashi plushie and it's just weird

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

Like I’m only talking about this because I’m disappointed as marumaru said, there’s so much cool and horror-genre-creepy stuff in the show that I wish I could divorce it from the Epstein-creepy stuff. If it wasn’t that good I just wouldn’t talk about the drat thing.

And this isn’t an aspersion on posters or individuals aside from the author, I couldn’t give less of a gently caress about you guys.

Everything Burrito
Jun 2, 2011

I Failed At Anime 2022
check out Somali and The Forest Spirit for some neat worldbuilding

Lurking Haro
Oct 27, 2009

Everything Burrito posted:

It's sad the author had to stop because of health reasons

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

Lurking Haro posted:

Write to your senator.

I Love Annie May
Oct 10, 2012
https://twitter.com/Jinou_rakugaki/status/1546042090777260032

marumaru
May 20, 2013

isekai ojisan is so good

OneDeadman
Oct 16, 2010

[SUPERBIA]
Snoitalutargonc batmaN no dom.

Hace
Feb 13, 2012

<<Mobius 1, Engage.>>
when's the next season of bobobo bo bo bobo

marumaru
May 20, 2013

Sleng Teng
May 3, 2009

Trash Ops posted:

Absolutely this. I watched it earlier this year and it rocks

Mix.
Jan 24, 2021

Huh? What?

call me when they get put in fortnite

Sleng Teng
May 3, 2009

Not gambling related but another baseball anime I watched and liked recently was gurazeni. It's not shonen fighting spirit stuff but more about the main character trying to improve his stats to get a better contract come signing season, a lot more nature of the sports business kind of thing

marumaru
May 20, 2013

Mix. posted:

call me when they get put in fortnite

i'd unironically like that
alas for some reason fortnite barely has any anime at all. i dont even know if theres anything other than naruto

Mix.
Jan 24, 2021

Huh? What?

marumaru posted:

alas for some reason fortnite barely has any anime at all. i dont even know if theres anything other than naruto

funny story about that, they actually put a survey out recently about what IPs people think would be fun in fortnite and they had an entire section just for anime/manga IPs and characters
the ones listed were stuff like dragon ball, fairy tail, jojo, evangelion, bleach, jujutsu kaisen, one piece, the stuff you'd expect. even spy x family which i think would be hysterical.

...and then some REALLY loving weird listed anime, like mobile suit gundam 00/gundam build divers, devil is a part-timer, loving PLATINUM END???? WONDER EGG PRIORITY????????

hbag
Feb 13, 2021

lain in fortnite

Everything Burrito
Jun 2, 2011

I Failed At Anime 2022

Sleng Teng posted:

Not gambling related but another baseball anime I watched and liked recently was gurazeni. It's not shonen fighting spirit stuff but more about the main character trying to improve his stats to get a better contract come signing season, a lot more nature of the sports business kind of thing

gurazeni is a great show for when you just want to watch an episode or two of something when you're eating dinner or whatever, I'm slowly working my way through it but at my current pace I'll be done in like 10 years

marumaru
May 20, 2013

Mix. posted:

funny story about that, they actually put a survey out recently about what IPs people think would be fun in fortnite and they had an entire section just for anime/manga IPs and characters
the ones listed were stuff like dragon ball, fairy tail, jojo, evangelion, bleach, jujutsu kaisen, one piece, the stuff you'd expect. even spy x family which i think would be hysterical.

...and then some REALLY loving weird listed anime, like mobile suit gundam 00/gundam build divers, devil is a part-timer, loving PLATINUM END???? WONDER EGG PRIORITY????????

not too proud to say that i'd probably spend money for some of those :sweatdrop:

imagine a loving wegg skin in fortnite lmao

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

Everything Burrito posted:

genuinely incredible series and I wish they had been able to continue. half speed on the chapters or something, to give them time for their health. super sucks they had to axe it.

Lurking Haro posted:

you should at minimum take a break from the forums for a bit and reflect on what you've been defending lmao wait did they not put the dudes in as skins? or are they just not shown on here

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

marumaru posted:

A recent datamine showed what looked like a Capsule Corp capsule, so Goku's probably coming

hostess with the Moltres
May 15, 2013
I want to go to an anime convention but I don’t have a car, I’m starting grad school soon, and idk any cons that aren’t like an hour away :( My undergrad school would have a little mini con each year that would fill up one building but it’s not really the same I bet.

Violet_Sky
Dec 5, 2011

Fun Shoe

Captain Invictus posted:

lmao wait did they not put the dudes in as skins? or are they just not shown on here

The answer is always male anime nerds

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

idk why i still read anime feminist reviews. they dislike almost everything this season lol

they seem like people that only play games advertised by Wholesome Directs

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

https://twitter.com/fuwafuwa_35/status/1546153098284249088

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

marumaru
May 20, 2013

Violet_Sky posted:

The answer is always male anime nerds

in today's episode captain invictus learns about targeted marketing

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

Call of Duty has Attack on Titan skins and it's sick because you can take the AoT neck kill assassination animation and put it on Snoop Dogg.

Violet_Sky
Dec 5, 2011

Fun Shoe

The 7th Guest posted:

idk why i still read anime feminist reviews. they dislike almost everything this season lol

they seem like people that only play games advertised by Wholesome Directs

Yeah they seem like people who rant at you for liking anything remotely problematic tbh

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

I think I died and woke up in L.A.,
I don't know how I wound up in this place...

:canada:
Anyone know what the name of this anime is?