Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mokinokaro
Sep 11, 2001

At the end of everything, hold onto anything

Fun Shoe
There's obviously a section of SA that can't handle vtubers so it's best they just stay gone.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GiantRockFromSpace
Mar 1, 2019

Just Cram It

Mokinokaro posted:

There's obviously a section of SA that can't handle vtubers so it's best they just stay gone.

I'm pretty sure it's just ADTRW hate in general. See: the usual crew striking with drama the moment Namtab was made mod, no vtuber thread in sight. How suspicious they only seem to care about problematic poo poo whenever there's a chance for drama :thunk:

Saagonsa
Dec 29, 2012

It's over man who cares

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

I’m less than 24 hours into doing this so vtubers can wait. There are a thousand discords you can post about them

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

GiantRockFromSpace posted:

I'm pretty sure it's just ADTRW hate in general. See: the usual crew striking with drama the moment Namtab was made mod, no vtuber thread in sight. How suspicious they only seem to care about problematic poo poo whenever there's a chance for drama :thunk:

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

I’d also appreciate it if we could stop talking about MiA + qcs

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

Strum in a harmonizing quartet
I want to cause a revolution

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild
The karens have not yet been restored to full power

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Since Anime aren't being expected to last decades like Naruto, One Piece, and Bleach anymore, I'm sure Namtab will reach full power in about two weeks.

Vizuyos
Jun 17, 2020

Thank U for reading

If you hated it...
FUCK U and never come back

RareAcumen posted:

Since Anime aren't being expected to last decades like Naruto, One Piece, and Bleach anymore, I'm sure Namtab will reach full power in about two weeks.

drat, do you think namtab can watch Legend of Galactic Heroes that fast? mods working their asses off

Patware
Jan 3, 2005

watch legend of the galactic heroes i'm doing it right now i'm on episode 50

doing one a week with The Boys just like my ancestors woulda done

pentyne
Nov 7, 2012

Namtab posted:

I’d also appreciate it if we could stop talking about MiA + qcs

Tbh she never really had another hit after Paper Planes.

Patware
Jan 3, 2005

logh is lit, everything they said is true

Infected
Oct 17, 2012

Salt Incarnate

Neue These or the original OVA?

It's good stuff either way.

Strange Quark
Oct 15, 2012

I Failed At Anime 2022

Patware posted:

watch legend of the galactic heroes i'm doing it right now i'm on episode 50

doing one a week with The Boys just like my ancestors woulda done

This show took ten years to produce

So really you should be watching 11 episodes a year

Erg
Oct 31, 2010

Srice posted:

It's good to have life goals so I wish the computer fuckers luck in their endeavor.

OneDeadman
Oct 16, 2010

[SUPERBIA]
My proposal for the new vtuber thread : a thread that auto bans you for posting in it.

Vtuber fans get the thrill of paying :10bux: to Stan their favorite vtubers and drive by poo poo stirrers get automatically dealt with.

A win for everyone involved.

Red Minjo
Oct 20, 2010

Out of the houses, which is the most blue?

The answer might not be be obvious at first.

Gravy Boat 2k
Did you know, that Namtab backwards, is Ekans? It's true.

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

OneDeadman posted:

My proposal for the new vtuber thread : a thread that auto bans you for posting in it.

Vtuber fans get the thrill of paying :10bux: to Stan their favorite vtubers and drive by poo poo stirrers get automatically dealt with.

A win for everyone involved.

Terrible Opinions
Oct 18, 2013

The MiA stuff started a full day before namtab was made mod. There is no conspiracy.

Mokinokaro
Sep 11, 2001

At the end of everything, hold onto anything

Fun Shoe
The thread also was recently bumped by the show's second season starting. I can definitely believe that played a part in the timing.

GiantRockFromSpace
Mar 1, 2019

Just Cram It

Oh, I saw the dates as being June 10 on both cases, so I'll apologize on that. I'm dropping the topic anyways as planned.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

The 7th Guest posted:

idk why i still read anime feminist reviews. they dislike almost everything this season lol

they seem like people that only play games advertised by Wholesome Directs
my favorite anime feminist moment was them describing the characters in citrus as having 'blowjob knees' and then one of the writers DMing me on twitter to hassle me when i randomly made fun of that, months later, without tagging them or the site itself

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Endorph posted:

my favorite anime feminist moment was them describing the characters in citrus as having 'blowjob knees' and then one of the writers DMing me on twitter to hassle me when i randomly made fun of that, months later, without tagging them or the site itself

How in the world

Booky
Feb 21, 2013

Chill Bug

man this sucks i ordered a p old manga set (only vols 1s been fan tled) a few days ago and its getting delivered real early (yes!!) but it turns out scanning things good involves microwaving it so u can take out the pages?? this cost me like $118 im not taking it apart so it can get scanned!! :(

Endorph posted:

lmao
im imagining the writer searching blowjob knees(???) on twitter and seeing that tweet and just getting really steamed

Booky
Feb 21, 2013

Chill Bug

wait actually wtf does 'blowjob knees' even mean??

Raenir Salazar
Nov 5, 2010

College Slice
Yeah I don't understand either.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

I guess the knees are red?

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

Viewing media as a checklist of things that are "good" or "bad" seems like a miserable existence, in general.

pentyne
Nov 7, 2012

Ibram Gaunt posted:

Viewing media as a checklist of things that are "good" or "bad" seems like a miserable existence, in general.

This troper agrees.

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007
got knees the size of cantaloupes

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Yeah, if you're bailing on a piece of media the second it displays a moment of less than absolute ideological purity, you're not gonna be watching a lot lol

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

i used the site's name but i didnt @ the official twitter so presumably they must just, name search their site on twitter. incredible people.

in general i havent read the site much but their view of 'feminism' seems extremely narrow and incredibly uncharitable to both creators and anyone who disagrees with their immediate (blowjob?) kneejerk response. and completely unaware of actual facts, that same citrus review refers to the original manga author as male, and there's similar errors on reviews of other stuff they didn't like - stuff like referring to the tales of series of games as 'aimed at men' which, you only need to spend five minutes looking at the tales fanfests to see that the fanbase is like 80% women. extremely high standards are fine to have but if you have those standards as some kind of reviewer you need to also have those standards be at least vaguely consistent and be able to back them up with like, the basic facts of the matter.

Waffleman_ posted:

I guess the knees are red?
its this, i think? but they arent really that red even

like not liking that artistic choice is w/e, its definitely a thing meant to make the characters look cuter or more girly or something, but its weird to overemphasize it to that extent. and just bizarre phrasing in general.

Booky
Feb 21, 2013

Chill Bug

if they were shiny knees why not just go "yea the knees are shiny in this idk why i guess its a artstyle thing like shoulders being real shiny in stuff"

e: lol those are barely shiny and red

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

Thing I like= Woke, feminist, etc

Thing I dont like = GamerGater

Words to live by.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

things i like: gamergate

:twisted:

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

Did some meal prep for some of my lunches this week while also preparing dinner and breakfast. Now to watch the new Yurei Deco ep while waiting for dinner to cook 'lest I go against the spirit of Anime Sunday :cheerdoge:

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

Ibram Gaunt posted:

He wants to gently caress and cum inside his computer.
ah, a chobits fan

Raenir Salazar
Nov 5, 2010

College Slice

pentyne posted:

This troper agrees.

I'll be honest I will often if I really like an anime or some other work of fiction start going through its page on tvtropes; not just to find other works that are similar but also for any comments or discussion that helps recontextualize the work.

Captain Invictus posted:

ah, a chobits fan

Stop all the downloadin'.

Endorph posted:

things i like: gamergate

:twisted:

:swoon: Did you know there's actually a lot of ant species that have these? Where instead of having a single queen, when the queen dies multiple workers turn into queens and fight a civil war to determine which is the new queen! It's really cool, I think dinoponera (the ones with the really nasty stings) are like this, it's very common in more "primitive" or pre-historic ant species.

Raenir Salazar fucked around with this message at 22:01 on Jul 10, 2022

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

anime sunday sounds like the name of a 2000s wwe ppv

Raenir Salazar posted:

I'll be honest I will often if I really like an anime or some other work of fiction start going through its page on tvtropes; not just to find other works that are similar but also for any comments or discussion that helps recontextualize the work.
i dont read tvtropes pages themselves but for live-service games or something thats extremely sprawling in terms of content and how many entries, the character pages often list what parts or what games characters appear in/were introduced in, which can be a useful quick glance refresher.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sharks Eat Bear
Dec 25, 2004

Always check the post count + put known concern trolls on ignore. This should be a safe space to discuss whatever anime posters want! As an act of defiance, everyone should post their favorite scene from Made In Abyss that features graphic sexualization of or violence against children, just like the good old days :D