Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Manager Hoyden
Mar 5, 2020

drat that's dire

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

lobster shirt
Jun 14, 2021

so how are we conserving energy today, from 2pm to 8 pm?

radical meme
Apr 17, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

Dameius posted:

It wasn't all that bad before the Spanish got here.

Lol, no horses, no feral pigs, no smallpox, no syphilis, and no guns.

lobster shirt posted:

I firmly believe Texas and the entire SW should adopt the siesta and strictly enforce it, everything has to shut down between 1:00 and 5:00 pm, and stay open till midnight.

perfect way to conserve energy and make life better

radical meme fucked around with this message at 18:03 on Jul 11, 2022

Jaxyon
Mar 7, 2016
I’m just saying I would like to see a man beat a woman in a cage. Just to be sure.

lobster shirt posted:

Judging by social media commentary, by turning off those danged windmills.

jokes
Dec 20, 2012

Uh... Kupo?

PostNouveau posted:

This one month period was the last time anything got better over time

One of the few highlights in American history

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

lobster shirt posted:

Dameius
Apr 3, 2006
I set my thermostat to 70. Am I helping or am I hurting? You decide.

jokes
Dec 20, 2012

Uh... Kupo?

Maybe there is a cryptocoin solution. Turn them back on!

Manager Hoyden
Mar 5, 2020

lobster shirt posted:

AC to 60 while no one is there, let's set this grid on fire

Zwabu
Aug 7, 2006

Do you guys still living in Texas ever hear any dissatisfaction expressed by Republicans over GOP laissez faire management of the energy situation there, between the big freeze and the situation this summer?

Dameius
Apr 3, 2006

Zwabu posted:

Do you guys still living in Texas ever hear any dissatisfaction expressed by Republicans over GOP laissez faire management of the energy situation there, between the big freeze and the situation this summer?

All the time but don't you know it would be worse under demonRATS. thank god from trump and abbott

jokes
Dec 20, 2012

Uh... Kupo?

Zwabu posted:

They always move on to much more serious things, like trans athletes

Kunabomber
Oct 1, 2002

Pillbug
A lot of them go FYGM and extend their credit to install 20kw generators with automatic transfer switches

I'm personally considering installing solar panels with a battery backup myself out of sheer preservation instinct

Zil
Jun 4, 2011

Satanically Summoned Citrus

lobster shirt posted:

Making sure to turn down my AC down to 70 now, so it won't have to work as hard during that time period.

Manager Hoyden
Mar 5, 2020

Anyone else getting emails from your energy retailer begging you to opt in to the ac killswitch program?

I don't even think they do rebates for it now

Old James
Nov 20, 2003

Wait a sec. I don't know an Old James!

Zwabu posted:

"At least we aren't collapsing, like that shithole California"

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

Manager Hoyden posted:

lol incredible

skipdogg
Nov 29, 2004
Resident SRT-4 Expert

Manager Hoyden posted:

Anyone else getting emails from your energy retailer begging you to opt in to the ac killswitch program?

CPS still give me 30 bucks a year I think. They did give me a rebate for 85 and 150 dollars when I first enrolled, but now it's like 30 bucks total a year.

lobster shirt
Jun 14, 2021

it is funny that the responsible thing to do would be to keep the AC at like 77 to help conserve energy, but the smart thing to do would be to blast it on 60 so the house is as cool as possible for the inevitable blackout. well, i work from home so maybe i can get off work early :toot:

Dameius
Apr 3, 2006

lobster shirt posted:

it is funny that the responsible thing to do would be to keep the AC at like 77 to help conserve energy, but the smart thing to do would be to blast it on 60 so the house is as cool as possible for the inevitable blackout. well, i work from home so maybe i can get off work early :toot:

In a world with Republicans, the only thing you can trust are your fists is that they will gently caress you over through selfish actions and then blame you for the fallout.

IT BURNS
Nov 19, 2012

lobster shirt posted:

Going to a movie, and then screaming at an attendant that the theatre is too hot and ask them to turn the temp down to 69.

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer
https://twitter.com/PaulineBourB/status/1546556224048611329

Shifty Pony
Dec 28, 2004

Up ta somethin'

Welp sure looks like something tripped offline because supply just dropped by about 3GW.

Glad this is something that I need to watch.

Edit: oh that's nice for once the drop disappeared

Shifty Pony fucked around with this message at 20:04 on Jul 11, 2022

jokes
Dec 20, 2012

Uh... Kupo?

These windmills are sucking all the juice!

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

The projected demand has now inched down inside of the supply curve so we should be ok today. There is something like 12 gw off line (thermal) today so dunno if it's gonna be back by tomorrow. It's not supposed to be as hot tomorrow.

https://twitter.com/douglewinenergy/status/1546493403147472896

George H.W. Cunt
Oct 6, 2010

Bitcoin miners turning their poo poo off saved us lol

Dameius
Apr 3, 2006
CenterPoint wanted me to unplug my phone to save the grid. I did it guys, you're welcome.

Ratmtattat
Mar 10, 2004
the hairdryer

I'm going to celebrate by turning my thermostat down to 65

jokes
Dec 20, 2012

Uh... Kupo?

George H.W. oval office posted:

Bitcoin miners turning their poo poo off saved us lol

If everything crypto shut down, a lot of good things would happen

Oil!
Nov 5, 2008

Der's e'rl in dem der hills!

Ham Wrangler
I fled the state for a vacation and left the thermostat at 80, y'all welcome.

jokes
Dec 20, 2012

Uh... Kupo?

Greg is going to ask Texans to turn off their ACs, abandon their homes, and go to church

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

https://twitter.com/Burrows4TX/status/1546594808868884480

Well, that doesn't sound good

Also why does disgraced tape man and Bonnenlord Dustin Burrows have "the tape"

jokes
Dec 20, 2012

Uh... Kupo?

It’s gonna show cops being scared and pissing themselves

So, a different kind of piss tape

Jaxyon
Mar 7, 2016
I’m just saying I would like to see a man beat a woman in a cage. Just to be sure.

jokes posted:

Greg is going to ask Texans to turn off their ACs, abandon their homes, and go to church

Sleepy Greg's communist energy agenda!

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Jaxyon posted:

Sleepy Greg's communist energy agenda!

This will only help him with suburban women

Jaxyon
Mar 7, 2016
78 is the lowest I ever set my AC in Los Angeles

Zil
Jun 4, 2011

Satanically Summoned Citrus

Don't worry, the coin farms have found a way to provide much needed power to the Texas grid. You know, by turning their stupid poo poo off.

https://twitter.com/SilvermanJacob/status/1546428060014153730

Arcella
Dec 16, 2013

Shiny and Chrome
In 2011 I lived in a 1500 sq ft rental ranch house in Abilene with a tiny AC unit and I could barely keep the thermostat set to 85. It was that summer I vowed to move to the PNW where it wasn’t as hot.

Now I live in Houston and the PNW has been getting hotter and hotter and more on fire so I’m not sure it turned out completely wrong.

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

zoux posted:

https://twitter.com/Burrows4TX/status/1546594808868884480

Well, that doesn't sound good

Also why does disgraced tape man and Bonnenlord Dustin Burrows have "the tape"

The Tribune already described it. The chief and some other dudes take some fire from the gunman and then hide around a corner and stay there for like 90 minutes while he murders a bunch of kids.

At various times, other cops from other agencies show up and go "Well, this isn't my job to decide what to do. That falls to the guy who has been hiding around the corner since he got here. I'm gonna gently caress off until he says something"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

jokes
Dec 20, 2012

Uh... Kupo?

So the idea was that crypto dumbfucks would consume a fuckload of electricity to incentivize electricity suppliers to generate a lot of electricity, and then when the electricity is needed for normal people the crypto miners would shut down and the grid would be able to accomodate people?

And this is better than regulation just forcing electricity providers to provide sufficient electricity, somehow?