Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mix.
Jan 24, 2021

Huh? What?

loving cquntnire is still the funniest name i think kubo has ever made in the history of his work

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bad Seafood
Dec 10, 2010

If you must blink, do it now.
She's a Hunter x Hunter crossover character.

Tulalip Tulips
Sep 1, 2013

The best apologies are crafted with love.
My first anime was Sailor Moon and I remember taping it off the TV whenever I could but folks hated it since I also used up the tapes we had for our giant old school camcorder. I remember doing that because I was extremely annoyed that DiC only released the important episodes on VHS. In high school I ended up having to give a friend like $40 because I lost her fansub VHS of the last half of Sailor Moon Stars after she lent it to me.

Magic Knight Rayearth was the first series I owned all the VHS tapes for though and it's still my favorite CLAMP series. The first Saiyuki TV series was the first series I had all the DVDs for.

Jerry Manderbilt
May 31, 2012

No matter how much paperwork I process, it never goes away. It only increases.
oh yeah if we're talking first firsts, my much older cousin watched totoro with me, which i much preferred to her renting loving veggie tales from blockbuster

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
Veggie Tales is funnier than Totoro.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Mix. posted:

loving cquntnire is still the funniest name i think kubo has ever made in the history of his work

You can only talk about them in the UK & Australia threads.

Vizuyos
Jun 17, 2020

Thank U for reading

If you hated it...
FUCK U and never come back

verbal enema posted:

those are some awful names lmao

bruno bangknife is pretty good tho

shame about the rest

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com
Tronbone is p good too actually

Supremezero
Apr 28, 2013

hay gurl

verbal enema posted:

Tronbone is p good too actually

???

Somebody fucked around with this message at 19:17 on Jul 11, 2022

Covok
May 27, 2013

Yet where is that woman now? Tell me, in what heave does she reside? None of them. Because no God bothered to listen or care. If that is what you think it means to be a God, then you and all your teachings are welcome to do as that poor women did. And vanish from these realms forever.

Wow, I never realized how horny that official art was.

Somebody fucked around with this message at 19:17 on Jul 11, 2022

grieving for Gandalf
Apr 22, 2008

I liked power rangers a lot as a four/five-year-old so I feel like I was somehow programmed to like anime by the time my house got a promotional Pokemon VHS when I was like six or seven

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

grieving for Gandalf posted:

I liked power rangers a lot as a four/five-year-old so I feel like I was somehow programmed to like anime by the time my house got a promotional Pokemon VHS when I was like six or seven

Tokusatsu is essentially just live action anime in a sense so that makes sense

Tamba
Apr 5, 2010

This kind of post is worth a ban+30days now, so be careful

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Tamba fucked around with this message at 18:11 on Jul 11, 2022

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

It’s true

GiantRockFromSpace
Mar 1, 2019

Just Cram It

Hey Namtab did you use your mod powers to unleash the true power of the Karens?

Cause if so at least you gained something from this tragedy.

pentyne
Nov 7, 2012
there's nothing more hilarious then the "female in 8 in heels" pose because that's such a default art style for so many media that your eyes just assume the feet are pointing downward at a 75° angle instead of being some monstrous freak of nature.

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com
Upskirt the character

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

Tamba posted:

This kind of post is worth a ban+30days now, so be careful

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

lol

Covok
May 27, 2013

Yet where is that woman now? Tell me, in what heave does she reside? None of them. Because no God bothered to listen or care. If that is what you think it means to be a God, then you and all your teachings are welcome to do as that poor women did. And vanish from these realms forever.

verbal enema posted:

Upskirt the character

Yeah, on further reflection, it seems like she was designed to always technically be in a perputal upskirt. Because her front design has a leotard crotch that is made to look like her panties are visible from the front of the skirt. That's...certainly a decision for a kid's game.

Covok
May 27, 2013

Well, at least Tron Bonne is an adult.

Wait, I should check that.

For the love of God.

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

the boys in QCS are gonna have a field day with this one

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

pull up, thread

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

What is wrong with some of you.

Ibblebibble
Nov 12, 2013

Near the end of Gundam Wing and I appreciate how much of a weirdo that Wufei is that the Zero system barely does anything to him.

AlternateNu
May 5, 2005

ドーナツダメ!

Tamba posted:

:aaaaa:

But speaking of anime on German TV, the german version of the Sailor moon opening was rad :pcgaming:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zPAPTiCM9b4

That is the most '90s German pop thing I've ever heard.

verbal enema posted:

today im going to try and sew this patch onto my leather jacket

Outside NYC, no one will give a poo poo.

Inside NYC, everyone will just think you're a police toadie.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Ibblebibble posted:

Near the end of Gundam Wing and I appreciate how much of a weirdo that Wufei is that the Zero system barely does anything to him.

i like how every character gets a turn in the wing zero just so they can get hosed with by the zero system

Covok
May 27, 2013

Ibram Gaunt posted:

I didn't post the picture. I was just confused why the art was so horny from a game i used to play. Then I found out it was hosed up.

Covok
May 27, 2013

AlternateNu posted:

I think this is also technically illegal becuase I think you are not supposed to wear a badge from a police if you aren't one of them. Also, why would you want to be seen as one?

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Covok posted:

I think this is also technically illegal becuase I think you are not supposed to wear a badge from a police if you aren't one of them. Also, why would you want to be seen as one?
maybe they want to scare 19 year old dealers into giving them free drugs

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

Covok posted:

I think this is also technically illegal becuase I think you are not supposed to wear a badge from a police if you aren't one of them

i think it's only if you attempt to use it to claim you're a cop, at least when it comes to badges

pentyne
Nov 7, 2012

Ibblebibble posted:

Remember how for Endless Waltz they sent all the Gundams on a rocket to the sun now that peace was declared, then had to chase it down to bring the Gundams back after someone started another mech war?

Almost as dumb as the toonami editing where they talk about making sure to disable but not kill hundreds of enemies.

grieving for Gandalf
Apr 22, 2008

pentyne posted:

Remember how for Endless Waltz they sent all the Gundams on a rocket to the sun now that peace was declared, then had to chase it down to bring the Gundams back after someone started another mech war?

Almost as dumb as the toonami editing where they talk about making sure to disable but not kill hundreds of enemies.

i remember when the movie came out on toonami thinking it was just showing how fuckin skilled they were that they could beat all the enemies without killing them (because the show is ultimately about striving for peace, right?) but i could see that being editing

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

Look, I’ve got to be really clear here. Think before you post.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

pentyne posted:

no heres the hosed up thing, that isnt a toonami edit. thats just whats actually happening in that scene. its incredible.

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

I don't need to think, I fire from the hip when I post and haven't injured anyone yet.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

I thought Gundam Wing was boring as hell when I was a teenager and it turned me off of Gundam really until Toonami showed IBO. They did Unicorn before that, but it was the TV edit and I was kinda lost because I didn't have the context.

marumaru
May 20, 2013

https://twitter.com/__frye/status/1545988061766361088

Erg
Oct 31, 2010

Ibram Gaunt posted:

One of these guys also hates Ash so I think it’s just terminal stupidity

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com

AlternateNu posted:

im not in nyc

i am in a very red town and that plus my pink hair is guaranteed to get some chud rage outt these clowns

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

endless waltz is the best part of Wing tbh