Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Runcible Cat
May 28, 2007

Ignoring this post

Captain Hygiene posted:

It has a hood that lets you run faster, it cannot possibly be the worst one

Also you can be a Goron and speed demon round and round Termina
Field. QED.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames

Junpei posted:

What's your worst Zelda opinion?

The worst 3D Zelda is still 10x as fun as the very best handheld one

Procrastine
Mar 30, 2011

Bongo Bill posted:

I decided I disliked Spirit Tracks at the moment when, through very clever train driving, I managed to get the two evil trains onto a collision course with each other, and then they just... both kept going. They didn't collide. The final boss was also very frustrating. Good dungeons though.

I did this too but made sure to watch what happened from nearby and iirc while they don't collide, they don't go through each other either, they both stop and turn around by rotating the "head" part of the train

Vookatos
May 2, 2013
To add to Zelda opinions: I think Twilight Princess might have the best OST in the series.
It's incredibly varied, and the use of motifs is fantastic. The tune that plays when you gain an upper hand on the boss is amazing, and there are some stand-out tracks all over. I really like the field theme that goes from epic to playful, too.
It probably doesn't have the best percentage of great songs, because there's like 200 songs in the game, but so many of them are bangers.

For example, I really like first boss' theme that goes in like 4 different directions based on what's happening:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6y0QFoSf-gw

That said, I just replayed Ocarina and while trying to find info on Sheik learned that they were trying to put him into TP. I really wish this game wasn't so blatantly Ocarina of Time 2.

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

Vookatos posted:

To add to Zelda opinions: I think Twilight Princess might have the best OST in the series.
It's incredibly varied, and the use of motifs is fantastic. The tune that plays when you gain an upper hand on the boss is amazing, and there are some stand-out tracks all over. I really like the field theme that goes from epic to playful, too.
It probably doesn't have the best percentage of great songs, because there's like 200 songs in the game, but so many of them are bangers.

For example, I really like first boss' theme that goes in like 4 different directions based on what's happening:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6y0QFoSf-gw

I'm with you there, I think it's the best overall soundtrack. Just good stuff overall and yeah, very good use of repeated motifs.
Also, it's not one of the big epic ones, but I like the Temple of Time theme, just a neat reworking of the simple OoT motif but with an unsettling beat and sounds to stretch it out and change its atmosphere.

Captain Hygiene fucked around with this message at 16:13 on Jul 11, 2022

Shyfted One
May 9, 2008
The people saying LttP is bad are correct that their statement is the worst opinion.

The Maroon Hawk
May 10, 2008

The opening act of Skyward Sword is probably my favorite opening act in the franchise, and the music is a huge reason for that

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

Bust Rodd posted:

The worst 3D Zelda is still 10x as fun as the very best handheld one

But Majora's Mask 3D is both 3D and Handheld.

poo poo with the Steam Deck the whole franchise is handheld now, lol

Skrill.exe
Oct 3, 2007

"Bitcoin is a new financial concept entirely without precedent."
The bunny hood isn't even a hood.

Judge Tesla
Oct 29, 2011

:frogsiren:
Not being able to beat the Running Man in Ocarina of Time makes it the worst one.

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

MM 3DS is totally hosed though

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius

Skrill.exe posted:

The bunny hood isn't even a hood.

It's more of a visor.

Judge Tesla posted:

Not being able to beat the Running Man in Ocarina of Time makes it the worst one.

You can through cheating though.

Skrill.exe
Oct 3, 2007

Gaius Marius posted:

MM 3DS is totally hosed though

Nah, just install the restoration patch. It makes it the undisputed definitive version.

Bongo Bill
Jan 17, 2012

My actual most hosed up Zelda opinion is that I think that the changes to Majora's Mask 3D included more improvements than not.

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
This may seem small or inconsequential, but the changes they made to the way the Zora’s swimming works make the game unplayable trash, IMO. I don’t know if they ever reverted these changes but they’re unforgivable

https://twitter.com/trymetafy/status/1546578773474267136?s=21&t=6Q2lyevCuF-WTEfKc-qjgQ

Bust Rodd fucked around with this message at 21:05 on Jul 11, 2022

Bongo Bill
Jan 17, 2012

That seems hyperbolic.

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

I didn't even notice the swimming changes given the amount of time between playing on N64 and 3DS. Honestly, the smoother time travel in it outweighs anything else for me anyway.

Alxprit
Feb 7, 2015

<click> <click> What is it with this dancing?! Bouncing around like fools... I would have thought my own kind at least would understand the seriousness of our Adventurer's Guild!

I'll say it again - the actual literal speed of swimming isn't any slower on 3DS. You just don't lurch forward uncontrollably every time you do it. There's nothing mechanically wrong with it other than people feeling like it's not cool enough.

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
Hmm you say “lurch forward uncontrollably” when it’s more of a “majestic subaquatic ballistic attack”

ROFL Octopus
Jun 20, 2014

LET ME EXPLAIN

Alxprit posted:

I'll say it again - the actual literal speed of swimming isn't any slower on 3DS. You just don't lurch forward uncontrollably every time you do it. There's nothing mechanically wrong with it other than people feeling like it's not cool enough.

This has to be the most twisted take in the thread.

Barreft
Jul 21, 2014

Link Between Worlds is one of the best Zeldas ever, you fools. you cretins.

Alxprit
Feb 7, 2015

<click> <click> What is it with this dancing?! Bouncing around like fools... I would have thought my own kind at least would understand the seriousness of our Adventurer's Guild!

ROFL Octopus posted:

This has to be the most twisted take in the thread.

It's not even a take. There's barely any opinion in the statements.

Ammat The Ankh
Sep 7, 2010

Now, attempt to defeat me!
And I shall become a living legend!
Actually yeah, I'm changing my opinion to "Majora's Mask 3D is fine you nerds". Oh no you have to hold down an extra button to make things exactly like they were in 2000.

Hedrigall
Mar 27, 2008

by vyelkin
"It uses up magic so you can't swim around indefinitely at full speed"

uh ok why would you want to swim around indefinitely, there are like 3 places you need to swim to in the whole game and you can get to them all without using up much magic

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
people with no joy in their heart ITT that didn't spend ridiculous amounts of time swimming around the bay doing sick jumps

Hedrigall
Mar 27, 2008

by vyelkin
there are other things in life to get joy from than video games lmao

Skrill.exe
Oct 3, 2007

Barreft posted:

Link Between Worlds is one of the best Zeldas ever, you fools. you cretins.

Duh

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

Hedrigall posted:

what????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????

Hedrigall
Mar 27, 2008

by vyelkin
I have no joy in my heart because I don't spend hours doing sweet jumps as Zora link in majors mask or something

ScootsMcSkirt
Oct 29, 2013

Hedrigall posted:

for the love of god, please do NOT tell us about them

Hedrigall
Mar 27, 2008

by vyelkin

ScootsMcSkirt posted:

for the love of god, please do NOT tell us about them

Lol fair

Cattail Prophet
Apr 12, 2014

I like Navi more than Tatl*

*In their capacity as helper characters. Tatl still wins on the scale of "actually being relevant to the plot."

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
Zelda games, on balance, are very good

ScootsMcSkirt
Oct 29, 2013

Tatl sucks and I was bummed as a kid since I couldnt have Tael instead

way cooler color and seemed more chill overall

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

All I play now is Breath of the Wild. I’ll always appreciate what came before with fond memories, but BOTW style gameplay is here to stay, no going back.

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
I would play the poo poo out of WW2 though

Gruckles
Mar 11, 2013

Tatl always being like "wow what kind of dumbass doesn't know about keese, just kill it with your sword already" makes her the best helper character.

Hedrigall
Mar 27, 2008

by vyelkin
I'd love any or all of the mechanics from Majora's Mask to come back: multiple species transformations, time loop, really intricate NPC schedule. A game like MM in the BOTW engine would be incredible.

ScootsMcSkirt
Oct 29, 2013

Tatl was very mean to Link after it was implied that his horse was killed

She then victim-blames him for it. Not cool imo. Wish i could have bottled her up and sold her to the curiosities merchant

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius

The Bloop posted:

I would play the poo poo out of WW2 though

Zelda World War 2 would be kick rear end.