Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

GiantRockFromSpace
Mar 1, 2019

Just Cram It

Talking about Dark Souls, is there any ETA for the online fix so people can't remotely hack your PC? I know Elden Ring came with it baked but I wanted to try the old trilogy with the new PC.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Last Celebration posted:

I think I found a glitch in Sekiro, there’s a boss from Dark Souls that found its way into Sekiro even though it’s a really bad fit for the gameplay and you have to kinda just sprint around it until it does one of the moves you can punish? It’s named Demon of Hatred and I’m really sure it was supposed to be a Dark Souls III boss but the game just poo poo itself?

demon of hatred is the worst kind of bad fight, a boring one, is what I’m getting at

Hesitation is defeat, so when he hesitates wail on his nutsack till he dies. Its a pretty simple fight its just long unless you use the finger whistle/empowered mortal draw.

I think I found him middling because the technique I used to beat him was the technique I used on every single other boss in the game, so he wasn't a change for me.

Red Alert 2 Yuris Revenge
May 8, 2006

"My brain is amazing! It's full of wrinkles, and... Uh... Wait... What am I trying to say?"

GiantRockFromSpace posted:

Talking about Dark Souls, is there any ETA for the online fix so people can't remotely hack your PC? I know Elden Ring came with it baked but I wanted to try the old trilogy with the new PC.

no, as far as I know it's still at 'we will turn them back on eventually'

having played through the first two games during the server outage, and shortly after finishing elden ring, the lack of all the noise added by the online features is really noticeable. I have a fond memory of playing DS2 some years after it's launch at like 2am and putting down my summon sign on a lark at the scorpion woman boss and getting pulled in to help someone in just a couple of minutes. I don't know how uncommon that actually was at that point in time but I didn't see any player signs available so it was just a neat chance timing that put me there right when that person needed some help. I'm hoping that they're being honest and not just taking the chance to let the servers stay down.

I cut a really meandering post way short here but basically I find a lot of value in the little middle of the night interactions the mp functions of these games provide. stuff like this is one of the reasons I like MMOs as a genre despite their myriad issues.

bone emulator
Nov 3, 2005

Wrrroavr

Barudak posted:

Hesitation is defeat, so when he hesitates wail on his nutsack till he dies.

In the old days you'd had to place call to the Cheat Mistress that cost you a pound a minute for this kind of info.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Whizzing Wizard posted:

In the old days you'd had to place call to the Cheat Mistress that cost you a pound a minute for this kind of info.

You've been a bad player, haven't you.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
I'm pretty sure she's the one that wails on the nutsack

SeXReX
Jan 9, 2009

I drink, mostly.
And get mad at people on the internet

:emptyquote:

Rarity posted:

I'm pretty sure she's the one that wails on the nutsack

Some people pay good money for explicit instructions on how to wail on their own nutsack

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

What did you say the strategy was?

AceOfFlames posted:

I hate that game on principle because I wanted to play a game about actual tax evasion, not a Zelda clone. :mad:

Yeah I was hoping there'd be more tax evasion rather than ripping everything up but hey

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

I just took my first spirit to the Everdoor in Spiritfarer. I will miss snarky chainsmoking deer woman.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Barudak posted:

Hesitation is defeat, so when he hesitates wail on his nutsack

No wonder he says "Thank you.... Sekiro....." after the fight!

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Alhazred posted:

I just took my first spirit to the Everdoor in Spiritfarer. I will miss snarky chainsmoking deer woman.

The music in Spiritfarer fuckin nails the vibe for that moment so well.

The story is a lil messy though.

PunkBoy
Aug 22, 2008

You wanna get through this?

verbal enema posted:

reinstalling BF4 the good battlefield

I'm kinda in a mood for a big multiplayer game, so I guess this one is worth checking out? Is it still pretty active?

I was also thinking of checking out Squad, but that looks like you need good comms and teamwork, which sounds awesome, but I'm really shy. :shobon:

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NoIo_1gV3vE

Calling all Video Games

Last Celebration
Mar 30, 2010

Slightly disappointed it’s not a fighting game with the Forgotten Land engine but that looks cute/fun enough for a budget game.

Monkey Fracas
Sep 11, 2010

...but then you get to the end and a gorilla starts throwing barrels at you!
Grimey Drawer

Oh my god it's Gourmet Race crossed with Fall Guys

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003

This is clearly based on my childhood.

Looper
Mar 1, 2012

Last Celebration posted:

Slightly disappointed it’s not a fighting game with the Forgotten Land engine but that looks cute/fun enough for a budget game.

I'm glad kirby still gets all these silly little budget spinoffs

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

A bit more info (seems kind of like Gourmet Race 2 except Kirby is a ball):

https://www.nintendo.com/store/products/kirbys-dream-buffet-switch/

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
Spent an hour yesterday trying to win 1000 poker chips for Haruka's approval. I did but then it turns out you need to finish with 1000 more than you started, not just win 1000 eventually. I just bought a bajillion chips and was increasing bet for every hand in the off chance I won or could bully them out.

So then I spent an hour trying to learn CheatEngine enough to find my inventory and edit my 1 joker card left into 99. I have a piece of paper on my desk now with a bunch of memory addresses I never figured out how to actually edit. I did dissect the code enough to read the comments on specific things and that was neat but couldn't figure out how to hack my inventory even with the m_count, m_carry, m_item_id I needed and stuff. Then I just gave up on the cheating and played it for another hour and a half and finally won.

It wasn't that hard but this is just a bad poker minigame. Opponents have no capacity to bluff and don't really respond to your bets/calls, and they pretty much just bet as hard as they think their hand is in the moment. The way to win is just don't even bother unless you get something on the flop or really think the river might get u a banger, otherwise either everyone low-calls until they got a 2pair or more and then they basically pop off and you need to have a better hand because I swear if you got a good hand, so did they and it'll come down to something weird like high card. I think the AI also has some kind of knowledge about your hand, paired with the game sometime seemingly "helping you" by activating joker card on its own, like you see a weird graphics glitch or text box appear for a half second and then for a few turns you get full houses and junk with multiple opponents folding before the flop, and I purposely don't bet first round to avoid scaring em off if I have a good hand.

Anyway, texas hold em is fun but only against other people, its not as fun when you're just playing the odds.

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com

PunkBoy posted:

I'm kinda in a mood for a big multiplayer game, so I guess this one is worth checking out? Is it still pretty active?

I was also thinking of checking out Squad, but that looks like you need good comms and teamwork, which sounds awesome, but I'm really shy. :shobon:

Yeah there were tons of people on last night in bf4

Ahhh I want to play Squad soooo baaaaad

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

This looks so amazing!

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
Was kinda hoping it'd be a dream course game ngl

wuggles
Jul 12, 2017

Just go all the way in and make Devil May Kirby thank you

Feldegast42
Oct 29, 2011

COMMENCE THE RITE OF SHITPOSTING

Maybe Dante will show up in the next Smash

Baller Time
Apr 22, 2014

by Azathoth

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

https://twitter.com/VGC_News/status/1546908485505454080?t=szOupcvmJvd8YIUIjlFOlA&s=19

Where washups go to die

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
More like ninja gaiden blech

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

Feldegast42 posted:

Maybe Dante will show up in the next Smash

Has Dante ever appeared in a game on a nintendo device?

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
Hes in shin megami tensei nocturne on the switch

Feldegast42
Oct 29, 2011

COMMENCE THE RITE OF SHITPOSTING

cheetah7071 posted:

He's even featured in it!

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

The HD Collection had a Switch release

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

FirstAidKite posted:

Was kinda hoping it'd be a dream course game ngl

Make a tilt n' tumble sequel cowards

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
That'll do it then, he qualifies.

Tho I'd want smash bros to include more lesser known first party characters before dipping into the 3rd party guest roster. Qbby, Chibi-Robo, Mallo, Mike Jones, and King of Bugs Louie.

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

cheetah7071 posted:

No, nocturne switch has the talking cat + silent guy

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Stanley da Bugman

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Jay Rust posted:

No, nocturne switch has the talking cat + silent guy

Dante is DLC.

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

n/m

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
Jay Rust can't even remember Raidou's name. Hate to see it.

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

idk what they do next with smash

It seems tricky to follow up a game with 89 characters/every stage in the series/20000 songs

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
And Hal Bailman from Air Fortress