Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Terror Sweat
Mar 15, 2009

Der Kyhe posted:

Just hope that if Morn shows up in the new shows, its Lower Decks or Prodigy.

You know that if Picard S3 visits DS9 they will just ruin it by making him talk on-camera, or if it is DISCO they somehow manage to make him a minor character for a season who does not shut up for a minute, and gets killed four episodes in.

Absolutely not true at all. If morn shows up it'll be either as a corpse or on a memorial wall

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Arglebargle III
Feb 21, 2006

Season 3 of PIC: we find out Beverly Crusher keeps Morn's head on her shelf of grisly trophies. It is never explained or referenced.

Admiralty Flag
Jun 7, 2007

to ride eternal, shiny and chrome

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022

Arglebargle III posted:

Season 3 of PIC: we find out Beverly Crusher keeps Morn's head on her shelf of grisly trophies. It is never explained or referenced.

Along with the exhumed skull of Berlinghoff Rasmussen. When asked, she replies, "For autopsy purposes" and refuses to elaborate.

moose47
Oct 11, 2006

“Jean-Luc, I’m telling you, the hairs on these decapitated heads show 24 hours of growth.”

Arglebargle III
Feb 21, 2006

moose47 posted:

“Jean-Luc, I’m telling you, the hairs on these decapitated heads show 24 hours of growth.”

Wait a minute, THIS is the mirror universe!

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007
An alright dude.
SNW was super good, what a stellar first season. Honestly not a bad episode of the bunch.

LividLiquid
Apr 13, 2002

bull3964 posted:

The finale of SNW balanced the knife edge of fan service and compelling story beautifully and it was just flat out incredible.
I don't remember anything about Balance of Terror despite loving it ages ago when a friend was demonstrating that TOS wasn't always weird and gross. It remains the only episode I've seen the whole way through. And I don't feel like I missed out on anything but a little more fun for having not seen it. Tough needle to thread, but they managed it. I didn't even realize it was anything more specific than a broad homage of the TOS era until I watched Steve Shive's review of it.

It both operated on and succeeded by the Trials and Tribbleations formula instead of just being "HEY, YOU LOSER FUCKFACE NERD! YOU LIKE THIS poo poo, DON'T YOU? REMEMBER THING?! YOU LOVE THING, DON'T YOU YOU loving DORK" as, say, Into Darkness did.

Hollismason posted:

SNW was super good, what a stellar first season. Honestly not a bad episode of the bunch.
It's the best first season of a Trek show and it's not close.

bull3964
Nov 18, 2000

DO YOU HEAR THAT? THAT'S THE SOUND OF ME PATTING MYSELF ON THE BACK.

LividLiquid posted:

I didn't even realize it was anything more specific than a broad homage of the TOS era until I watched Steve Shive's review of it.

Heh, I know TOS so well that as SOON as I saw he was officiating a wedding, I paused and told my friend "Holy poo poo, they are doing Balance of Terror!"

bull3964 fucked around with this message at 02:32 on Jul 10, 2022

Kesper North
Nov 3, 2011

EMERGENCY POWER TO PARTY
I remember wondering with friends about what Pike would have done if he'd been in command during Balance of Terror when I was a kid/teen, it's wild having that question explored so thoroughly and so well in an actual episode!

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007
An alright dude.
I really need to get around to watching all of TOS again. I don't even remember Balance of Terror.

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

10,000 YEARS WASN'T ENOUGH LURKING

bull3964 posted:

Heh, I know TOS so well that as SOON as I saw he was officiating a wedding, I paused and told my friend "Holy poo poo, they are doing Balance of Terror!"

I had an oh poo poo moment when I saw it was a wedding.

bull3964
Nov 18, 2000

It was a nice touch that Kirk was commanding the Farragut since it was his first posting.

Bogus Adventure
Jan 11, 2017

More like "Bulges Adventure"
That might also be why he was so pissed off that Pike hesitated firing on the Romulans. Kirk thought his own hesitation cost half the Farragut's crew their lives.

No Dignity
Oct 15, 2007

The dramatic irony of Pike concluding he needed to fix the future by shutting down Kirk and suing for peace harder was painful to watch. Such a sweet guy placed in a situation where one time they really did just need to shoot some guys

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
Even more pathetic considering he had temporary command of Discovery and should've learned that exact lesson from Michael's experience with the Klingons.

jeeves
May 27, 2001

Deranged Psychopathic
Butler Extraordinaire

Khanstant posted:

Even more pathetic considering he had temporary command of Discovery and should've learned that exact lesson from Michael's experience with the Klingons.

It’s now canon that anyone including the audience is duty bound by Starfleet to forget everything that happened in DISCO and even its very existence.

Dr. Sneer Gory
Sep 7, 2005

Bogus Adventure posted:

RIP to a legend.

Also, who is your most surprising Star Trek guest star/cameo, and tell me why it begins and ends with the dude who played Old Man Kester from The Giant Spider Invasion.

I think it's the woman who played Kester's wife, and was on before she was in The Giant Spider Invasion at Menard's.

Delsaber
Oct 1, 2013

This may or may not be correct.

Bogus Adventure posted:

Also, who is your most surprising Star Trek guest star/cameo

Noted mainstay of 1990s Canadian television Tom Jackson appearing as a disguise of The Traveler in TNG's last Wesley episode kinda threw me a bit as a kid for some reason

But the real answer as I got older was probably any one of Voyager's revolving door of comedian guest spots, Jason Alexander has already been mentioned, but Andy Dick was just as bizarre. I was probably more into Newsradio than Seinfeld at the time, so

Everyone remembers The Rock, but Paul Wight (the former Big Show) showing up on ENT as a giant Orion yelling "SLAVES ARE LOOSE! SLAVES ARE LOOSE!" was fun

Worf
Sep 12, 2017

If only Seth would love me like I love him!

Sarah Silverman lol

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

🎧Listen to Cylindricule!🎵
https://linktr.ee/Cylindricule

Star Wars keeps working through the current range of comedians, too.

Bogus Adventure
Jan 11, 2017

More like "Bulges Adventure"

Dr. Sneer Gory posted:

I think it's the woman who played Kester's wife, and was on before she was in The Giant Spider Invasion at Menard's.

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007

jeeves posted:

It’s now canon that anyone including the audience is duty bound by Starfleet to forget everything that happened in DISCO and even its very existence.

Naw sorry, if Spock's one of the most important people in the galaxy and Michael is responsible for helping shape who Spock is, then Michael will always be of equal or greater importance to Spock.

Feldegast42
Oct 29, 2011

COMMENCE THE RITE OF SHITPOSTING

don't forget about the king of jordan!

bennyfactor
Nov 21, 2008
Not to spoil anything, but it was nice to see multiple admiralty uniforms in the SNW finale.

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Dallas Mavericks: Generations
I watched Charlie "X" for the first time last night. What a messed up ending.

Sash!
Mar 16, 2001

I'm always surprised that they never really threw more money at NBA and NFL guys in the off season or practice squad guys to have more Big Aliens.

There's a ton of enormous guys just laying around out there!

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

Sash! posted:

I'm always surprised that they never really threw more money at NBA and NFL guys in the off season or practice squad guys to have more Big Aliens.

There's a ton of enormous guys just laying around out there!

Like they did with the Hirogen during their first couple of intro episodes. They were presented as these horrifying 8ft tall motherfuckers, and then they got cheap and hired regular sized people for the rest of their time on screen so they lost their edge REAL fast.

Kibayasu
Mar 28, 2010

nine-gear crow posted:

Like they did with the Hirogen during their first couple of intro episodes. They were presented as these horrifying 8ft tall motherfuckers, and then they got cheap and hired regular sized people for the rest of their time on screen so they lost their edge REAL fast.

Yeah that was weird to see. I mean I guess I understand since they made them more actual characters with way more screen time in later episodes and the overlap in the Venn diagram of "giant people" and "good actors" is probably fairly small but they could have at least tried to use the camera to make them seem like they were at first.

bull3964
Nov 18, 2000

Not Star Trek, but I don't care because it's too loving cool.

Hubble vs James Webb.

https://twitter.com/jason4short/status/1546633395643432961?s=20&t=PDXfik69pSsrt1wHbFsMjA

Arglebargle III
Feb 21, 2006

Finally, after 50 years of waiting, we can finally see what Spock was looking at in his little viewer.

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004
Based on the fact that he could calculate time travel, I always hoped his little screen was more like what K looks like when analyzing the DNA in Blade Runner 2049, just an impossibly fast stream of raw data that a human wouldn't be able to fathom.

Worf
Sep 12, 2017

If only Seth would love me like I love him!

spock doesnt even have a favorite flavor book

HopperUK
Apr 29, 2007

Why would an ambulance be leaving the hospital?

bull3964 posted:

Not Star Trek, but I don't care because it's too loving cool.

Hubble vs James Webb.

https://twitter.com/jason4short/status/1546633395643432961?s=20&t=PDXfik69pSsrt1wHbFsMjA

Great, now I thought about the unimaginable scale of the universe! Thanks a lot!

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004
Just make sure you don't think about your place within that scale!!

bull3964
Nov 18, 2000

HopperUK posted:

Great, now I thought about the unimaginable scale of the universe! Thanks a lot!

The field of view for the uncropped image is equivalent to holding a grain of sand at arm's length.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."
Huh, Eaglemoss have gone into administration.

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

After a Speaker vote, you may be entitled to a valuable coupon or voucher!

bull3964 posted:

The field of view for the uncropped image is equivalent to holding a grain of sand at arm's length.
Remember the words of the ancient human philosopher lord:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f_J5rBxeTIk

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

The_Doctor posted:

Huh, Eaglemoss have gone into administration.

https://twitter.com/TheTrekCentral/status/1546939904302764034

https://trekcentral.net/end-of-the-line-for-star-trek-starships-eaglemoss/

What the gently caress? This seems incredibly... sudden. How do you go from making $48m USD in profits to bankrupt overnight? :confused:

Eimi
Nov 23, 2013

I will never log offshut up.

nine-gear crow posted:

https://twitter.com/TheTrekCentral/status/1546939904302764034

https://trekcentral.net/end-of-the-line-for-star-trek-starships-eaglemoss/

What the gently caress? This seems incredibly... sudden. How do you go from making $48m USD in profits to bankrupt overnight? :confused:

That loving sucks. I was hoping to pick up their NX-01 to go with my other ships but drat...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

Well, of course I know him.
He's me.
All the ships are slowly jumping up in cost on other sites now too, so I’d jump on whatever you’re missing.

Just grabbed the Spacedock and V’Ger I’ve been debating for over a year.