Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sharkie
Feb 4, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

Leon Trotsky 2012 posted:

He does. It's part of his gimmick.

Not a he.

Not a gimmick either. I'm merely offering takes and perspective on United States current events that people post. Please feel free to engage with the content of my posts.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Leon Trotsky 2012
Aug 27, 2009

YOU CAN TRUST ME!*

*Israeli Government-affiliated poster
The DNC is holding votes to finalize the new early states for the 2024 primary season.

In an act of shameful cowardice, they eliminated the funniest option - Democrats Abroad - from consideration for being the first primary.

New York and Nebraska are also eliminated.

Nevada, Michigan, Minnesota, and New Hampshire seem to be favorites for getting slots in the first five - with Nevada and New Hampshire favorites to go first.

(Other states still in contention for the first five are: New Jersey, Delaware, Connecticut, Texas, South Carolina, Georgia, Washington, Puerto Rico, Colorado, and Illinois.)

However, Michigan and Minnesota need some cooperation with Republican legislatures/local Republican parties in their states to move their primary date, and that may hurt their chances if they can't get it done.

quote:

But while both Michigan and Minnesota made “compelling” arguments to the DNC rules committee, one member, who was granted anonymity to discuss private conversations, said that others in the group may be reluctant to vote for either of the states without “absolute certainty” that they will be able to move their primary dates.

New Hampshire is a little weak on one of the criteria - ethnic diversity - that they weight the decisions on. But, they have a compelling argument as to why they are diverse:

quote:

New Hampshire, meanwhile, defended its position, noting that it has fast-growing communities of color and its “white population has declined by 2 percent” over the last decade, New Hampshire DNC member Joanne Dowdell said during the state’s presentation.

But at least one DNC member said they were “disappointed” that New Hampshire “didn’t have a clear reason why they had to be first, other than, ‘it’s in our constitution.’”

They will likely have a temporary list of finalists on July 17th. But, they will be able to make changes until they finalize the schedule in the middle of August.

https://thenevadaindependent.com/article/indy-dc-download-dnc-panel-could-meet-again-before-august-meeting-to-decide-early-primary-states

Leon Trotsky 2012 fucked around with this message at 20:54 on Jul 12, 2022

Sharkie
Feb 4, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

Jaxyon posted:

I don't know if you realize how strong the protective shielding of rich white ex presidents is.

The United States is a nation of laws. Laws matter. Laws are why we can't have healthcare or a livable minimum wage. And laws are going to put Donald Trump behind bars.

Leon Trotsky 2012
Aug 27, 2009

YOU CAN TRUST ME!*

Iowa also looks like it is almost certainly getting dumped from both the first spot and the first five in general, but they came in with a last second proposal to effectively eliminate the caucus, while still calling it a caucus.

quote:

Iowa also made its final plea to keep its first-in-the-nation status, laying out a plan to make extensive changes to its caucuses, turning the exercise into an all-mail process, with voters sending in their presidential preference cards rather than showing up in person. Iowa Democratic Party Chairman Ross Wilburn promised: “No more caucus math,” drawing laughter from the group.

Iowa Democrats also warned that taking away their early-state status will give Republicans even more of an advantage in the state, once a hotly contested battleground that slid off the national map in recent years. Iowa state House Democratic Leader Jennifer Konfrst warned that “every time a Republican candidate comes to Iowa and visits the district of one of my members or one of my candidates, they’re building an organization on the other side.”

The Republican National Committee voted earlier this year to affirm the current lineup of four early states: Iowa, New Hampshire, South Carolina and Nevada. If a state tries to jump the line, the RNC would sanction those states by removing some delegates. The DNC rules committee has not yet had a broad public discussion about what it would take to unlink the two parties’ presidential calendars.

Rigel
Nov 11, 2016

Iowa also looks like it is almost certainly getting dumped from both the first spot and the first five in general, but they came in with a last second proposal to effectively eliminate the caucus, while still calling it a caucus.

If the Iowa Democratic party believes that its in their own interests to vote early, they could always just say "gently caress off, take away all our delegates if you want, we still have to be early". Then what? I don't really understand why people just assume they will agree with what the DNC decides.

Judgy Fucker
Mar 24, 2006

Rigel posted:

If the Iowa Democratic party believes that its in their own interests to vote early, they could always just say "gently caress off, take away all our delegates if you want, we still have to be early". Then what? I don't really understand why people just assume they will agree with what the DNC decides.

Ostensibly because the Iowa Democratic Party would, in fact, like to keep their delegates.

Rigel
Nov 11, 2016

TipTow posted:

Ostensibly because the Iowa Democratic Party would, in fact, like to keep their delegates.

Delegate penalties have not mattered before. Historically, the candidate who wins the nomination has always magnanimously agreed to cancel all such penalties and let all of those state's delegates attend.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
The only reason these reforms are happening at all is because Iowa embarrassed itself to a historic degree. They're already not inclined to cut them any slack

DeadlyMuffin
Jul 3, 2007

haveblue posted:

The only reason these reforms are happening at all is because Iowa embarrassed itself to a historic degree. They're already not inclined to cut them any slack

How so?

Willa Rogers
Mar 11, 2005

Koos Group posted:

Is there evidence of this besides a 4chan post?

As much evidence for it as that of the content of the post to which I was replying:

The only stuff from the Hunter Biden iCloud thing I've seen that involve Joe are mostly just sad texts where Hunter is scamming him for huge amounts of money by saying he needs it for rehab.

The rest of it is standard Hunter Biden - smoking crack in a sensory deprivation tank, calling his step-mom a oval office, a bunch more dick pics of himself, and texts about sleeping with many different women.

Is there a reason that the content of my post was questioned for legitimacy rather than the post to which I was responding?

I even said I hoped it was a fake.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2020_Iowa_Democratic_presidential_caucuses

Willa Rogers
Mar 11, 2005

There were faked things mixed in with actual real things from the Hunter Biden laptop "leaks" in 2020.

This latest thing is allegedly an iCloud hack and there have been videos and pictures of Hunter released, so some of it is real (or at least, the pictures are real and came from somewhere). But, a lot of the text messages and other things are unverifiable and there may be fake stuff mixed in with the real stuff again.

The PeterPedo thing looks fake, but some of the videos and pictures are real (although, we don't know for sure where they actually came from - iCloud, some other place, laptop, etc.)

What were the fake things from the 2020 laptop story?

Koos Group
Mar 6, 2013

Willa Rogers posted:

As much evidence for it as that of the content of the post to which I was replying:

Is there a reason that the content of my post was questioned for legitimacy rather than the post to which I was responding?

I even said I hoped it was a fake.

Yours was reported and that one wasn't. I also wasn't familiar with this news story and didn't know what "iCloud" referred to. Thank you for clarifying.

Willa Rogers
Mar 11, 2005

JonathonSpectre posted:

Holy cow. I read this thing and... just... wow.

"Even if we'd known negotiating with Republicans would get us nowhere, waste time, and ruin everything It Was Still Important to Try."
That's called being a dumb chump son!

"There was absolutely nothing we could do about the bandit kings of 2008 except levy some tiny fines, gosh darn that law."
That's called being owned by the banks son! Secretary of the Treasury Tim Geithner! The working man's friend!

"It's actually a good thing all the Obama people have gone on to become capitalist tech vultures I MEAN populating businesses that are going to change the world Like Lyft!."
That's called gently caress you got mine son!

Man, imagine looking back on the shambolic disaster of the ACA negotiations and saying, "Yeah, even with hindsight, no changes whatsoever. It was so important that people saw us trying and completely failing, the country needs to see humans good-faith losing to a dog in basketball for a loving year." :wtc:

Jarrett isn't really telling the truth, which is that certain preconditions were baked into the ACA (no public option; no drug-price controls; no price controls on insurance or providers) because of behind-the-scenes bargaining with "stakeholders" (read: lobbyists).

But it makes the Obama administration certainly look less craven & captured to tout it as "Golly gee, we tried to reach out to Republicans but they spurned us!"

Byron Dorgan's amendments in the Senate had more votes from Republicans than Democrats--but Reid pulled them from final passage anyway, purportedly bc his own caucus would filibuster them.

I'll never forget OFA & the administration urging voters to call their politicians to urge a public option months after Obama had already promised lobbyists that one wouldn't be included.

Willa Rogers
Mar 11, 2005

Koos Group posted:

Yours was reported and that one wasn't. I also wasn't familiar with this news story and didn't know what "iCloud" referred to. Thank you for clarifying.

Do reports link back to posts in order to give them context? Or does a reported post stand alone as singular text without context?

Koos Group
Mar 6, 2013

Willa Rogers posted:

Do reports link back to posts in order to give them context? Or does a reported post stand alone as singular text without context?

There is a link to the context, but in the report the post appears by itself. In this case, your clarification helped me understand the context, because I didn't realize Mr. Trotsky was talking about the same thing as you, and the exact nature of it.

Willa Rogers
Mar 11, 2005

Thanks for the clarification; maybe it'd be a good idea for mods to click through for context in case overzealous reporting banks on their not doing so.

Koos Group
Mar 6, 2013

Willa Rogers posted:

Thanks for the clarification; maybe it'd be a good idea for mods to click through for context in case overzealous reporting banks on their not doing so.

We do try, and in cases where the context doesn't make sense to us or we lack the time to go through all of it we err on the side of taking no action rather than taking potentially incorrect action.

Bar Ran Dun
Jan 22, 2006

Hey if one hasn’t followed the congressional hearings it’s a good time to check out the other thread. It’s uh, mycrimes.tweet today.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

VorpalBunny posted:

Whatever happened to that dude? What will it take for these ghouls to spill the tea?

Primaried, threatened to invoke “dark maga” on social media, and is currently drying out somewhere, I presume.

Leon Trotsky 2012
Aug 27, 2009

YOU CAN TRUST ME!*

Willa Rogers posted:

What were the fake things from the 2020 laptop story?

quote:

Now warning about Hunter Biden-laptop disinfo: The guy who leaked it

quote:

Now, a new voice has joined those raising questions about the validity of the material that’s alleged to have been on Hunter Biden’s laptop: the guy who recovered that data in the first place.

quote:

Last month, The Washington Post was able to publish a report based on a copy of material that we obtained from a Republican activist named Jack Maxey who’d gotten it from Giuliani. We had multiple experts examine the contents of a hard drive that purported to contain the laptop’s contents, validating tens of thousands of emails as likely to be legitimate. But an enormous amount of the material on the drive couldn’t be validated as legitimate, in part because of the game of telephone that the material had undergone by the time it reached us. (The report notes that efforts to obtain the material in 2020 were rebuffed.)

quote:

“The experts found the data had been repeatedly accessed and copied by people other than Hunter Biden over nearly three years,” our report explained, with those we spoke with being unable to “reach definitive conclusions about the contents as a whole, including whether all of it originated from a single computer or could have been assembled from files from multiple computers and put on the portable drive.”

For example:

“[An expert] also found records on the drive that indicated someone may have accessed the drive from a West Coast location in October 2020, little more than a week after the first New York Post stories on Hunter Biden’s laptop appeared.”

“Over the next few days, somebody created three additional folders on the drive, titled, ‘Mail,' ‘Salacious Pics Package’ and ‘Big Guy File’ — an apparent reference to Joe Biden.”

One expert likened it to a crime scene that was littered with fast-food wrappers thanks to the first police who’d arrived on the scene. That’s meant as an indictment, but it’s also generous. The first people on the scene weren’t police, in this case; they were (to extend the analogy) people aiming to obtain an indictment against a particular person.

quote:

the owner, John Paul Mac Isaac, explained how relieved he was when the FBI came to get the laptop.

What Mac Isaac said next, though, is what was most noteworthy. When he did his “deep dive,” he said, he “saw a lot of photos” — but “did not see a lot of photos that are being reported to [have been] seen.”

“I do know that there have been multiple attempts over the past year-and-a-half to insert questionable material into the laptop as in, not physically, but passing off this misinformation or disinformation as coming from the laptop,” he said. “And that is a major concern of mine because I have fought tooth and nail to protect the integrity of this drive and to jeopardize that is going to mean that everything that I sacrificed will be for nothing.”

quote:

In other words, Mac Isaac says that he has seen claims about what the laptop contains that don’t actually reflect what he saw on the laptop at the outset. Or, presumably, sees now, as one of the few people that might still have an unlittered copy of its contents.

quote:

It may include one of the more popular claims that has circulated on the right, alleging that the machine included evidence of criminal sexual activity by Hunter Biden. (This was alleged on-air by Tucker Carlson last year, without proof.) Or it may involve other claims entirely.

Here’s where The Washington Post’s discovery that folders were added becomes more important. We have evidence that the portable hard drive had something added to it both before and after the New York Post’s original story — and here’s Mac Isaac agreeing that some of what he’s seen presented as coming from the laptop was never on there. This is why provenance matters in journalistic investigations. Just because Rudy Giuliani says that material came from a hard drive is not reason to assume it did — particularly when he’s on-record as disparaging the idea that the material should be vetted before being reported on.

quote:

Hunter Biden remains under federal investigation for possible violations of tax law. The material on the laptop (assuming that the laptop itself is Biden’s, which is also not entirely settled) may play a role in establishing his guilt or innocence. But the mythical contents of the laptop that have been so fascinating to the right for the past 18 months are — at least at times — not provably that.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/2022/04/12/now-warning-about-hunter-biden-laptop-disinfo-guy-who-leaked-it/

Leon Trotsky 2012 fucked around with this message at 22:09 on Jul 12, 2022

HonorableTB
Dec 22, 2006

Sharkie posted:

The United States is a nation of laws. Laws matter. Laws are why we can't have healthcare or a livable minimum wage. And laws are going to put Donald Trump behind bars.

donald trump will never spend a day behind bars whatsoever because laws do not exist for anyone over a sufficient level of wealth and power, laws are just a bunch of words people agree to follow because the people with the weapons say to follow it or bad things will happen, adn the people that control the weapon wielders are not going to go enforce bad things happening upon themselves. Laws only matter because laws are enforced upon you, laws intrinsically only matter to YOU because YOU are not sufficiently wealthy or powerful enough to avoid the consequences. You're just You, you're not the one signing the checks. So of course laws matter to You and I can't blame you for not thinking otherwise because you've never known what it was like to be protected by the law but not bound by the law, because the law doesn't serve you

Bar Ran Dun
Jan 22, 2006

HonorableTB posted:

donald trump will never spend a day behind bars whatsoever because laws do not exist for anyone over a sufficient level of wealth and power, laws are just a bunch of words people agree to follow because the people with the weapons say to follow it or bad things will happen, adn the people that control the weapon wielders are not going to go enforce bad things happening upon themselves. Laws only matter because laws are enforced upon you, laws intrinsically only matter to YOU because YOU are not sufficiently wealthy or powerful enough to avoid the consequences. You're just You, you're not the one signing the checks. So of course laws matter to You and I can't blame you for not thinking otherwise because you've never known what it was like to be protected by the law but not bound by the law, because the law doesn't serve you

My dude go watch the hearing that happened today.

Your assertion here is about to be tested. Cause they have everything basically, they (he) organized the sedition and it’s all documented.

You specifically will get to know if you’re right, in the soonish timeframe I’d think.

bird food bathtub
Aug 9, 2003

College Slice

Bar Ran Dun posted:

Your assertion here is about to be tested. Cause they have everything basically, they (he) organized the sedition and it’s all documented.

You specifically will get to know if you’re right, in the soonish timeframe I’d think.

He's rich, white, and a former president. The worst thing that will ever happen during his lifetime already happened when he lost the election and his ego got hurt. There will be no other punishments.

Bar Ran Dun
Jan 22, 2006

bird food bathtub posted:

He's rich, white, and a former president. The worst thing that will ever happen during his lifetime already happened when he lost the election and his ego got hurt. There will be no other punishments.

I not taking a stance either way. I’m only asserting that the veracity of that opinion is about to be tested because they have everything.

Rigel
Nov 11, 2016

There's not really even the wink and nod plausible deniability that most of us probably assumed Trump could eventually use to get off, playing dumb and surprised that his supporters went nuts. He doesn't even have that going for him.

They pretty much have almost all the proof in the world that they could ever need short of a videotaped confession, in black and white thoroughly corroborated by insider testimony. Trump knew he lost the election, responded by planning a violent coup, took action to make sure it would be successful, violent, and bloody, then attempted to execute his plan. And through all this he was too stupid to adequately cover his rear end (or he was so confident that he'd violently hold onto power that it never occurred to him to have a backup plan in case it didn't work) Trump is completely, utterly caught. The only question is how many felonies he'll be charged with, and if they can keep a MAGA chud off the jury.

Sephyr
Aug 28, 2012

President Kucinich posted:

If we can just get 72 senators, that 16 percent of the senate party that keeps strangling the poor to death with their own entrails will be irrelevant.

"....although you know, it's important for majorities to respect the rights and ambitions of minorities, so we should still let them direct policy.

Also we should fix the voting laws to let the chuds elect MORE representatives per voter. Congress should always be hanging on a precarious 50-50 impasse or my constituents keep expecting me to do stuff, it sucks."

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

Rigel posted:

There's not really even the wink and nod plausible deniability that most of us probably assumed Trump could eventually use to get off, playing dumb and surprised that his supporters went nuts. He doesn't even have that going for him.

They pretty much have almost all the proof in the world that they could ever need short of a videotaped confession, in black and white thoroughly corroborated by insider testimony. Trump knew he lost the election, responded by planning a violent coup, took action to make sure it would be successful, violent, and bloody, then attempted to execute his plan. And through all this he was too stupid to adequately cover his rear end (or he was so confident that he'd violently hold onto power that it never occurred to him to have a backup plan in case it didn't work) Trump is completely, utterly caught. The only question is how many felonies he'll be charged with, and if they can keep a MAGA chud off the jury.

I earnestly believe none of that matters and no one will take on the task of actually holding Trump accountable because it will be hard and thankless and no one wants to do that poo poo

BRAKE FOR MOOSE
Jun 6, 2001

Bar Ran Dun posted:

Rigel posted:

I'm curious, for those of you who believe this will end with Trump being tried and convicted: if that does not happen, will anything change in your approach towards US politics? Do you anticipate having to adjust your worldview or strategy in any way?

LionArcher
Mar 29, 2010

Everyone, you think some of you post bad things? Look at what the democrats did on twitter.

Now this is poo poo posting.

https://twitter.com/HouseDemocrats/status/1546949333085560838?s=20&t=MNRuK0KLgkxASG78Q3EsUw

is it not actually showing the tweet? I thought if you just copied a link it would preview show you the tweet.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Bar Ran Dun
Jan 22, 2006

BRAKE FOR MOOSE posted:

I'm curious, for those of you who believe this will end with Trump being tried and convicted: if that does not happen, will anything change in your approach towards US politics? Do you anticipate having to adjust your worldview or strategy in any way?

Selectively reading there.

Bar Ran Dun posted:

I not taking a stance either way. I’m only asserting that the veracity of that opinion is about to be tested because they have everything.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

LionArcher posted:

Everyone, you think some of you post bad things? Look at what the democrats did on twitter.

Now this is poo poo posting.

https://twitter.com/HouseDemocrats/status/1546949333085560838?s=20&t=MNRuK0KLgkxASG78Q3EsUw

is it not actually showing the tweet? I thought if you just copied a link it would preview show you the tweet.

Tweet previews are disabled because they're broken in Safari (and it's Twitter's fault)

BRAKE FOR MOOSE
Jun 6, 2001

Bar Ran Dun posted:

Selectively reading there.

Sorry, I didn't see your follow-up. It's strange and very counterintuitive to me that you would respond that way to that post when you consider yourself a fully neutral observer, so I made an incorrect assumption.

Bugsy
Jul 15, 2004

I'm thumpin'. That's
why they call me
'Thumper'.

Slippery Tilde
I havent watched the video and probably wont because I dont want to hear gunshots that killed kids. Nobody is actually shown being shot in the video per the article. The article is very bad for the cops, and I imagine the video is even worse.

https://www.statesman.com/story/news/2022/07/12/uvalde-school-shooting-video-of-robb-elementary-shows-police-response/65370384007/

quote:

It is almost three minutes before three officers arrive in the same hallway and rush toward the classrooms, crouching down. Then, a burst of gunfire. One officer grabs the back of his head. They quickly retreat to the end of the hallway, just below a school surveillance camera.

A 77-minute video recording captured from this vantage point, along with body camera footage from one of the responding officers, obtained by the American-Statesman and KVUE, shows in excruciating detail dozens of sworn officers, local, state and federal — heavily armed, clad in body armor, with helmets, some with protective shields — walking back and forth in the hallway, some leaving the camera frame and then reappearing, others training their weapons toward the classroom, talking, making cellphone calls, sending texts and looking at floor plans, but not entering or attempting to enter the classrooms. Even after hearing at least four additional shots from the classrooms 45 minutes after police arrived on the scene, the officers waited.

They asked for keys to one of the classrooms. (It was unlocked, investigators said later.) They brought tear gas and gas masks. They later carried a sledgehammer. And still, they waited.

quote:

At 12:21 p.m., 45 minutes after police first arrived on the scene, four shots are heard and at least a dozen officers move toward the classroom.

An officer can be heard saying, "They're making entry."

Yet they do not.

At 12:30, an officer wearing a helmet and ballistic vest pauses to squirt hand sanitizer from a wall-mounted dispenser and rubs his hands together. Other armed officers walk back and forth, and discuss the classroom doors and windows. The hunt for the keys continues. One officer eventually brings a sledgehammer. The audio from the surveillance camera at times is garbled, but it is loud in the crowded hallway.

At 12:41, a man wearing blue rubber gloves and a black shirt, khaki pants and a black baseball cap, with a stethoscope around his neck, arrives and speaks to officers. Other paramedics arrive with supplies. Two officers in camouflage fist-bump each other.

At 12:50, a cadre of officers crouches outside the classroom. A burst of gunfire is heard, and the video ends. Authorities have said a Border Patrol officer killed the gunman. Investigators are awaiting the results of an analysis from an Austin-based medical expert on how many victims died after police first arrived.

Bar Ran Dun
Jan 22, 2006

BRAKE FOR MOOSE posted:

Sorry, I didn't see your follow-up. It's strange and very counterintuitive to me that you would respond that way to that post when you consider yourself a fully neutral observer, so I made an incorrect assumption.

I’m not neutral. I just think either possibility could happen here.

And that we get to find out. One side is going to be correct after this. Ambiguity about our system is about to come to an end.

HonorableTB
Dec 22, 2006

Bar Ran Dun posted:

I’m not neutral. I just think either possibility could happen here.

And that we get to find out. One side is going to be correct after this. Ambiguity about our system is about to come to an end.

I feel confident in my response because I don't believe there ever was any ambiguity. Powerful people simply do not face meaningful consequences in this country, full stop.

Bar Ran Dun
Jan 22, 2006

HonorableTB posted:

I feel confident in my response because I don't believe there ever was any ambiguity. Powerful people simply do not face meaningful consequences in this country, full stop.

The lack of ambiguity in your personal beliefs on the subject does not equal a lack of ambiguity in the larger conversation in society and here.

The larger conversation is about to be over. Though I’m not sure re the time frame, months to a year is my inclination.

Barrel Cactaur
Oct 6, 2021

BRAKE FOR MOOSE posted:

Obstructive juries aren't the magic trick the old boys club in the south used to work. That only worked because the lawyers and judges and biased jurors were part of the same system of fanatics. Federal courts are run much cleaner and another juror telling the judge that X simply refuses to even acknowledge the legitimacy of the proceedings whole cloth or consider that the charges could be true/false and isn't engaging in the process in good faith gets them knocked for an alternate. Its likely they will have dozens of alts for this case.

It would be deeply shameful if he was given a politics get out of jail free card at this point.

Gumball Gumption posted:

I earnestly believe none of that matters and no one will take on the task of actually holding Trump accountable because it will be hard and thankless and no one wants to do that poo poo

Trumps problem is he doesn't have loyalest judges to him personally (after all most of them were from party lists and that wing of the party doesn't like him much) so he wont get the motivated bench case skunking that can keep a case like this going for years, and that most of the federal prosecutors hate his guts. Decorum doesnt matter 99% of the time but this is inside the beltway down in the core of the government system where breaking rules and being a petulant rear end about everything makes for real enemies. He doesn't have the careers worth of friendships and the statesmanlike behavior that let Nixon get off with just resigning. As tricky as the dick was when he knew he was made he resigned and left. Trump lost and decided to try and crash the whole system because his ego is too fragile to admit hes not that popular.

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

Win, lose, or draw, I sure wouldn't want to be the DA/US Attorney/whoever who is on the case. No matter what happens you're going to have millions of people very very mad at you.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vivian Darkbloom
Jul 14, 2004

Bugsy posted:

I havent watched the video and probably wont because I dont want to hear gunshots that killed kids. Nobody is actually shown being shot in the video per the article. The article is very bad for the cops, and I imagine the video is even worse.

https://www.statesman.com/story/news/2022/07/12/uvalde-school-shooting-video-of-robb-elementary-shows-police-response/65370384007/

It is very grim. The cops should be charged with negligent homicide, though maybe cowardice (in the military sense) is more appropriate.