Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

raminasi
Jan 25, 2005

a last drink with no ice

FruitNYogurtParfait posted:

the gf.com thread rules cause its goonfleet people going what the gently caress this is awful and the other corps all sucking mittani's dick and saying what a good apology you directors are doing great so lol if you think anything is going to happen except goonfleet finally losing favored son status

Holy poo poo I did not notice this at all

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

Every revolution evaporates and leaves behind only the slime of a new bureaucracy

dialhforhero posted:

Everyone should unsubscribe and log off.

Not just Goons, mind.

This is the best opportunity we have to collectively kill the game. Let’s seize the Wednesday, my dudes.

Rudeboy Detective
Apr 28, 2011

FruitNYogurtParfait posted:

the gf.com thread rules cause its goonfleet people going what the gently caress this is awful and the other corps all sucking mittani's dick and saying what a good apology you directors are doing great so lol if you think anything is going to happen except goonfleet finally losing favored son status

ngl, I'm amazed that the dictatorate hasn't tried to handwave this away as an insidious plot, funded by our space enemies, to discredit true gooniness and destabilize the space empire or whatever.

Our teeming masses of institutionalized pubbies would eat that up and the troubles would be over in a flash.

edit: so is this tactical or strategic misogyny? I can't tell

edit edit: the above is mocking martini for his "I don't do strategic bigotry" poo poo earlier

Rudeboy Detective fucked around with this message at 20:52 on Jul 13, 2022

Rhymenoserous
May 23, 2008

raminasi posted:

Holy poo poo I did not notice this at all

I’m not shocked at all. Karmafleet dudes lap up the whole “Dear Leader” bullshit harder than anyone else and always have. Goons trend towards more jaded.

Johnny Five-Jaces
Jan 21, 2009

Rudeboy Detective posted:

ngl, I'm amazed that the dictatorate hasn't tried to handwave this away as an insidious plot, funded by our space enemies, to discredit true gooniness and destabilize the space empire or whatever.

they did, and the last remaining decent people in gon didn't let them

Dalmuti
Apr 8, 2007
delta sqad can be your angle.......or your debbil

raminasi
Jan 25, 2005

a last drink with no ice

quote:

I saw that post about the Facebook thread and I’m inclined to wait and see what gets said about that. Brisc said in a Reddit comment that it was explained to him in an acceptable way so there must be a defense and we will probably hear it. I don’t like this internet mob “justice” approach to serious accusations of assault in real life.

:allears: :allears: :allears:

gadgethugs
Apr 15, 2007

Rudeboy Detective posted:

edit: so is this tactical or strategic misogyny? I can't tell

ignoring it over the years would be strategic, presumably in a bid to maintain unit cohesion

making motions to address it in the past handful of days would be tactical, presumably to stop a cascade failure

hth

Rudeboy Detective
Apr 28, 2011

bless

PathAsc
Nov 15, 2011

Hail SS-18 Satan may he cleanse us with nuclear fire

PISS TAPE IS REAL

Did the Facebook stuff come up before, because that's something damning in flashing goddamn lights too, but maybe I didn't see it since I took a break... sorry if I somehow missed the answer this is moving so fast I'm having trouble keeping up between breaks and processing just the dearth of loving awful poo poo.

FruitNYogurtParfait
Mar 29, 2006

Sion lied. Deadtear died for our sins. #VengeanceForDeadtear
#PunGateNeverForget
#ModLivesMatter
it did and i think it was waved off as jilted ex or something and people mostly let it lie

Ablative
Nov 9, 2012

Someone is getting this as an avatar. I don't know who, but it's gonna happen.

PathAsc posted:

Did the Facebook stuff come up before, because that's something damning in flashing goddamn lights too, but maybe I didn't see it since I took a break... sorry if I somehow missed the answer this is moving so fast I'm having trouble keeping up between breaks and processing just the dearth of loving awful poo poo.

Baculus
Oct 25, 2007

I DID A BIG CACA IN MY DRUG STORE DIAPER
yeah it was definitely an historic artifact but hey it’s got legs in 2022 so let that stir the pot I guess

mittens own loving words pretty much sew up that his apology is bullshit and uh… well a bunch of other poo poo.

but don’t worry illum is definitely a united front and none of them are disgusted by their space boss or anything

sheepdemon
Feb 15, 2004

. . . before turning the gun on himself

quote:

Brisc said in a Reddit comment that it was explained to him in an acceptable way so there must be a defense

*piggie suckling at teat noises*

ricepowah
May 3, 2008

Rhymenoserous posted:

It turns out that this is load bearing misogyny and we just can’t do anything guys.

Quoting this again so mods would notice and change the thread title. please!

Baculus
Oct 25, 2007

I DID A BIG CACA IN MY DRUG STORE DIAPER

ricepowah posted:

Quoting this again so mods would notice and change the thread title. please!

This

Baron of Bad News
Aug 4, 2009

Finally taking the "Goon" out of "Goonswarm" after 20 years.

Rhymenoserous
May 23, 2008

Baron of Bad News posted:

Finally taking the "Goon" out of "Goonswarm" after 20 years.

I mean…

Hey yo if anyone here can fix ESI can you hook ya boy SmilingVagrant up so I can be in vacationers and see this poo poo show live?

Rhymenoserous fucked around with this message at 17:09 on Jul 13, 2022

Vetitum
Feb 29, 2008

Rhymenoserous posted:

It turns out that this is load bearing misogyny and we just can’t do anything guys.

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

Every revolution evaporates and leaves behind only the slime of a new bureaucracy

Rhymenoserous posted:

FatCow
Apr 22, 2002
I MAP THE FUCK OUT OF PEOPLE

Rhymenoserous posted:

I mean…

Hey yo if anyone here can fix ESI can you hook ya boy SmilingVagrant up so I can be in vacationers and see this poo poo show live?

They got rid of vacationers status after some drama I believe. Come hang out in Delta. It has most of the people you'd want to talk to anyway.

Mr. Grinch
Jul 2, 2007

They say that the Grinch's small heart grew three sizes that day.
There is still no link to or explicit discussion of the facebook screenshots or any discussion of the dick showing incident and im not sure if its because theyre deleting/hiding posts about it or not

Rhymenoserous
May 23, 2008
Pm me a discord link, do I have to play this loving game to be there? Edit: for delta I mean

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh

learnincurve posted:

I don't know the exact situation, but it is important that people know that a common factor in every single domestic abuse case, and it's that the abusers friends "can't believe it!" because "they have always seemed like such a nice person!" Abusers are very very good at having a public face and a private face and all this "innocent until proven guilty" is always going to go against the victim, which is why the court of public opinion never works.

I posted this pre-apology on the 11th

Brisc.

PathAsc
Nov 15, 2011

Hail SS-18 Satan may he cleanse us with nuclear fire

PISS TAPE IS REAL

Sorry I should've clarified: come up to goon view before it got posted here this week. I meant my break from eve/thread years ago.

Either way thank you for linking it again, I do appreciate the help/reminder

Furnok Dorn
Mar 30, 2004
SOCIALLY WORTHLESS SHUT-IN NERD

Rhymenoserous posted:

Pm me a discord link, do I have to play this loving game to be there? Edit: for delta I mean

absolutely not - link sent

Sickening
Jul 16, 2007

Black summer was the best summer.
Someone also send me a delta discord invite please

we can consider all previous posting enemies forgotten as we come together in this crisis of goondom

Ablative
Nov 9, 2012

Someone is getting this as an avatar. I don't know who, but it's gonna happen.

PathAsc posted:

Sorry I should've clarified: come up to goon view before it got posted here this week. I meant my break from eve/thread years ago.

Either way thank you for linking it again, I do appreciate the help/reminder

Ah. Yeah, that makes more sense in hindsight.

gently caress if I know, I only played for like six months. A decade ago.

Mr. Grinch
Jul 2, 2007

This is anecdotal, but ive been in goonswarm since 2007 and I had never seen those facebook posts until yesterday

Ynglaur
Oct 9, 2013

The Malta Conference, anyone?
Oh FFS now people are using "retard" unironically and literally using the term "both sides". Do people really have so little self-awareness that they're unable to write legibly without resorting to this stuff?

Gwyneth Palpate
Jun 7, 2010

Do you want your breadcrumbs highlighted?

~SMcD

Ynglaur posted:

Oh FFS now people are using "retard" unironically and literally using the term "both sides". Do people really have so little self-awareness that they're unable to write legibly without resorting to this stuff?

I mean, this whole thing is a mask dropping event so prolific that you'd think you were on an airplane in Florida on April 18th 2022. How much restraint were you expecting? :v:

Potato Salad
Oct 23, 2014

nobody cares

Don't forget the strategic blind-eye toward white nationalism.

raminasi
Jan 25, 2005

a last drink with no ice

Mr. Grinch posted:

This is anecdotal, but ive been in goonswarm since 2007 and I had never seen those facebook posts until yesterday

Same here (on and off, anyway)

Ynglaur posted:

Of course not. The cultural revolution enforced some naughty word ban lists but the core of the alliance is still generically lovely internet dudes.

pokchu
Aug 22, 2007
D:
one of the worst things goonfleet did was ruin trying to play other multiplayer games with the goon moniker/tag

Mr. Grinch
Jul 2, 2007

Ynglaur posted:

for those of you that cant see the thread by "people" he means DarkShines, the leader of INIT

DaiTengu
Feb 26, 2007

Not until I've had my second pot of coffee.
Nap Ghost
Jesus christ, this loving thread.

Ynglaur
Oct 9, 2013

The Malta Conference, anyone?
gently caress, even Dalael is making goodposts in that thread now. Truly this is the end.

Jenrai
May 4, 2014

Truly shocking that a conservative politician is used to handwaving sexual harassment and assault and telling us just how good of a guy the abuser is. We have never seen this before.

Rhymenoserous
May 23, 2008

DaiTengu posted:

Jesus christ, this loving thread.

Holy poo poo it’s DaiTengu.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jenrai
May 4, 2014

pokchu posted:

one of the worst things goonfleet did was ruin trying to play other multiplayer games with the goon moniker/tag

A friend invited me to FFXIV goons years back and I told him I had no desire to game with goons. It wasn't until he informed me that the very first paragraph in the FF rules explicitly stated "this is not goonswarm" that I joined.

Mostly good chaps, the FF goons.