Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

FruitNYogurtParfait
Mar 29, 2006

Sion lied. Deadtear died for our sins. #VengeanceForDeadtear
#PunGateNeverForget
#ModLivesMatter

learnincurve posted:

Nobody hated goons back in the day. The Redswarm and Suas stuff was revolutionary, and any gaming words were never going to register when eve players and 4chan was a perfect circle. What changed was the Mittani and his slow evolution into this Peter Pan figure surrounded by his lost boys.

yeah no this is a retcon, the general eve perception was either haha cute underdogs or hatred and goons had a reputation from wow already

also there are a ton of high playtime lifers in highsec and always were

FruitNYogurtParfait fucked around with this message at 19:18 on Jul 13, 2022

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

helperdog
Oct 10, 2021

DOG

k-spar posted:

eve echoes is dead/dying but goosefleet doesn't have a creep in charge. come join us!

Only registered members can see post attachments!

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh

NtotheTC posted:

All my hobbies like simracing etc are fairly niche.

There is a post just above ours with a screenshot about nazism. I do quilting and hooo boy, I can't buy fabric from half the sellers in america because Britain disrespected Donald Trump and are degenerate lefties.

Bilirubin
Feb 16, 2014

The sanctioned action is to CHUG

lol they can't deal with this situation but directorate moved like lightning to put an end to investment programs like FNLN's
https://goonfleet.com/index.php/topic/311378-firstname-lastname-capital-llc-open-to-new-investments-feb-10/?p=9176092

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh

FruitNYogurtParfait posted:

yeah no this is a retcon, the general eve perception was either haha cute underdogs or hatred and goons had a reputation from wow already

I was stoned a lot but was at most of the eve meets, and there really was a turning point from haha funny awesome felt video and the Mitanni and his wizard hat. I do have to make the brain full of holes excuse because I'm someone who legit went "Hilary Clinton's husband was a President?" He's always felt so calculated

NtotheTC
Dec 31, 2007

Bilirubin posted:

lol they can't deal with this situation but directorate moved like lightning to put an end to investment programs like FNLN's
https://goonfleet.com/index.php/topic/311378-firstname-lastname-capital-llc-open-to-new-investments-feb-10/?p=9176092

so this was the problem all along!

e: actually from their perspective I guess it was. Someone with a way to get peoples attention called them out instead of someone who could be silenced and called crazy

NtotheTC fucked around with this message at 19:26 on Jul 13, 2022

Rhymenoserous
May 23, 2008
Somebody must have submitted a ticket. The system works.

dipwood
Feb 22, 2004

rouge means red in french
EVE Online.

FruitNYogurtParfait
Mar 29, 2006

#PunGateNeverForget
#ModLivesMatter

learnincurve posted:

I was stoned a lot but was at most of the eve meets, and there really was a turning point from haha funny awesome felt video and the Mitanni and his wizard hat. I do have to make the brain full of holes excuse because I'm someone who legit went "Hilary Clinton's husband was a President?" He's always felt so calculated

oh yeah he was always pretty open about that poo poo, I'm only saying the "nobody hated goons" part is wildly hilariously wrong, if for no other reason than the smoske thing happened under remedial and was used as a casus belli to camp newbies into a station for 2 weeks then go home declaring victory and that there were no goons

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

Every revolution evaporates and leaves behind only the slime of a new bureaucracy

mightygerm posted:

How quickly we forget the Archeage debacle

Bilirubin posted:

that was Boat right?

Yeah Archeage was iirc basically like BFM, dbrb, Kimsemus (less sure on him in that one) and other folks trying to all grab the reigns of power after the game launched.

In a way I guess I should be grateful for DBRB and later Xenuria because I probably would have won eve a hell of a lot more slowly of either of those two were not tolerated in goonfleet.

FruitNYogurtParfait
Mar 29, 2006

#PunGateNeverForget
#ModLivesMatter
it was boat and gicer who did the space important poo poo and iirc they used something kim did there to blacklist him from goonfleet (which is whatever he's a racist moron)

boat spent a lot of time defending bfm, again

like when he got banned from goonfleet

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh

oh yeah he was always pretty open about that poo poo, I'm only saying the "nobody hated goons" part is wildly hilariously wrong, if for no other reason than the smoske thing happened under remedial and was used as a casus belli to camp newbies into a station for 2 weeks then go home declaring victory and that there were no goons

I may be confusing nobody who hated bob hated goons, because at the time bob were absolutely despised by pretty much everyone. I was part of a group of people who mined the trit for the titan evil sulu blew up and when we heard the coms we laughed and laughed, and the fact that it's still on YouTube brings me great joy.

edit: I just remembered that I also mined for days for the -LV- titan which got blown up while cooking and oh wow were we bad at eve

learnincurve fucked around with this message at 19:43 on Jul 13, 2022

esto es malo
Aug 3, 2006

Don't want to end up a cartoon

In a cartoon graveyard

NtotheTC posted:

There's a number of goon discords for various games or hobbies that I'm a member of that are full of genuinely great people. The combination of shared history but also maturity (read: we are all old people now) make them nice places to be, good moderation too. I guess the larger the community gets the greater risk there is of it getting poisoned. All my hobbies like simracing etc are fairly niche.

the ones with genuinely great people arent stuck in like 2008 or whatever, but theres some incredibly yikes goon poo poo still. i think albion had some giant melt down and there sprobably others where some disgusting creep takes the early reigns until theyre ousted after enough people find out theyre a sack of poo poo

raminasi
Jan 25, 2005

a last drink with no ice

Bilirubin posted:

They also immediately banned callout threads - the other mechanism that people used to shine light on this particular issue. It's incredibly telling.

hailthefish
Oct 24, 2010

it was boat and gicer who did the space important poo poo and iirc they used something kim did there to blacklist him from goonfleet (which is whatever he's a racist moron)

boat spent a lot of time defending bfm, again

like when he got banned from goonfleet

fishing drama. it was fishing drama.

ded
Oct 27, 2005

Kooler than Jesus

Rhymenoserous posted:

Somebody must have submitted a ticket. The system works.

if someone put in a ticket it would not be looked at yet

Blacula
Dec 22, 2008

Followed the instructions in the title.

DisgracelandUSA
Aug 11, 2011

Yeah, I gets down with the homies

Popping in to say in 2016 noms told me I had battered wife syndrome when I went to bat to get Globby back into goons. He hit the right conclusions but for the wrong reasons and didn't win any points with that analogy.

This has me reflecting on tasteless poo poo I did, and while I can't remember most of it, I'm pretty happy that I set MiniLuv up to be haven for Rainbowswarm people :3:

What a thread. Everytime I get the urge to Eve, I come back to this thread and it usually kills that impulse, but we're using industrial strength poo poo this time.

Baculus
Oct 25, 2007

I DID A BIG CACA IN MY DRUG STORE DIAPER
this is probably a pretty good time to point out that Innominate got absolutely shitfaced on stream one night and explained, in no uncertain terms:

1. azov battalion are cool guys
2. using nazi propaganda against Russia is cool
3. Nazi propaganda is cool
4. Jews have no place in Europe

he did this to mcwolf and I as she argues with him and I beg him to just shut up (we are both Jewish)

so yeah Alex, might want to get ahead of this one while you can - and stop calling my wife a nazi in your loving echo chamber, you giant loving taint

Deki
May 12, 2008

It's Hammer Time!

hailthefish posted:

fishing drama. it was fishing drama.

God I miss that loving trainwreck of a game.

Not playing it, but just all the drama that happened literally everywhere due to the lovely adversarial game design and coding.

Rhymenoserous
May 23, 2008

Baculus posted:

this is probably a pretty good time to point out that Innominate got absolutely shitfaced on stream one night and explained, in no uncertain terms:

he did this to mcwolf and I as she argues with him and I beg him to just shut up (we are both Jewish)

so yeah Alex, might want to get ahead of this one while you can - and stop calling my wife a nazi in your loving echo chamber, you giant loving taint

Ah well gently caress.

Bilirubin
Feb 16, 2014

raminasi posted:

They also immediately banned callout threads - the other mechanism that people used to shine light on this particular issue. It's incredibly telling.

lol

yeah time to leave corp and delete game from HD, but leaving the Goon name in his hands kind of grates.

dragonshardz
May 2, 2017

Gwyneth Palpate posted:

lol the thread title

gently caress yes i am hallowed

shame on an IGA
Apr 8, 2005

that's a hell of an act, what do you call it?

The HR department!

Frabba
May 30, 2008

Investing in chewy toy futures

Baculus posted:

loving WHAT!?

Bilirubin
Feb 16, 2014

also waiting for the game to update in order to drop corp lol :effort:

Bilirubin
Feb 16, 2014

Baculus posted:

holy poo poo, is this on youtube?

Presumably old streams are still on twitch right?

Stereotype
Apr 24, 2010

College Slice
The way mittens talks to people close to him in private is disgusting and he’s a legitimately lovely person. It’s disillusioning both to see just how impossibly deep the echoing milky black chasm that lay under that mask is, as well as see how many people are either invested in the mask remaining intact as it increasingly covers less and less but also how many are the same monsters with their own masks.

What a bunch of arrogant, mean, and completely disassociated simpletons this alliance turned out to be run by.

PuppiesAndKitties
Jun 5, 2008
I LOVE KYASHI'S MONEY
Grimey Drawer

Baculus posted:

Somebody tell the Roudin story. Roudin was a GSF event planner for years and referred to another Jewish guy with a Hitler meme (edit: and said he was going to put him in an oven) because he made the suggestion to uh *checks notes* use the IPhone covid tracking app after the DC meet??

Anyway Nom dragged his feet on doing anything about that too and I screamed that Actual Nazis do exist in video games and try to recruit from them and he finally got banned.

PuppiesAndKitties fucked around with this message at 19:58 on Jul 13, 2022

geonetix
Mar 6, 2011

Bilirubin posted:

also waiting for the game to update in order to drop corp lol :effort:

use eve anywhere in the browser

Bilirubin
Feb 16, 2014

geonetix posted:

use eve anywhere in the browser

:facepalm:

Thanks!

Frank Frank
Jun 13, 2001

Mirrored

learnincurve posted:

Nobody hated goons back in the day.

Ehhh I'd say BoB and a huge part of the game hated us quite a bit - especially after the Smokse stuff.
Look at me remembering Eve

Eve

FruitNYogurtParfait
Mar 29, 2006

#PunGateNeverForget
#ModLivesMatter

Baculus posted:

yikes also wtf on that bold

Rhymenoserous
May 23, 2008
What? Why the gently caress is he harassing your wife?

Jenrai
May 4, 2014

Baculus posted:

I'm ootl what the gently caress

sheepdemon
Feb 15, 2004

. . . before turning the gun on himself

learnincurve posted:

Nobody hated goons back in the day.

The very first "big thing" we did in the game was pick a fight with BoB who brought up all the internal smoske posts and did the whole "There are no goons" bit. Plenty of people didn't hate BoB and hated us for disrespecting a dead dude.

Hesh Ballantine
Feb 13, 2012
nevermind!

Gwailar
Jun 21, 2021

Baculus posted:

Probably before now would have been a good time, tbh.

#accountability

Baculus
Oct 25, 2007

I DID A BIG CACA IN MY DRUG STORE DIAPER

Rhymenoserous posted:

What? Why the gently caress is he harassing your wife?

It’s a running joke in delta because my wife drives a diesel VW, has a german shepherd, and made a comment about at least Germans got a highway system or some other bad joke when we started dating.

My wife is also a borderline tankie so the whole thing was just a fun way to annoy her when she was in the room while I was on comms.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NtotheTC
Dec 31, 2007

also stop telling me to unsubscribe, eve may be a terrible game but that's not fundamentally changed since it's inception and people implying that if i'm not going to fly with the imperium i shouldn't fly at all annoys me.