Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bacon Terrorist
May 7, 2010

to ride eternal, shiny and chrome

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022
Juventus interested in Arsenal's Gabriel (the CB) apparently. Heard that weeks ago but Romano said it again today.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Scientastic
Mar 1, 2010

TRULY scientastic.
🔬🍒

blue footed boobie posted:

Going back to the Wenger days and buying all the attacking midfielders.

Back when I enjoyed supporting Arsenal, before every game became a miserable chore

tbp
Mar 1, 2008

DU WIRST NIEMALS ALLEINE MARSCHIEREN

Ziggy Tzardust
Apr 7, 2006
After weeks of insisting that Armando Broja is the only striker Moyes wants, we’ve suddenly outbid PSG for Gianlucca Scammacca (there’s apparently an additional 7m add-one) and it looks to be close

https://twitter.com/fabrizioromano/status/1547118882149675008?s=21&t=JOx5RxvloRzavPkGKZj1uA

Jippa
Feb 13, 2009
Spurs were linked with him quite a bit. He looks like he loads of potential.

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

west ham’s record signing strikers is so bad - from five years ago

quote:

In the seven years since David Sullivan and David Gold took charge, the club have signed 32 strikers who have managed 128 goals in 643 games
and since then we’ve had two wingers who we turned into good strikers

Ziggy Tzardust
Apr 7, 2006

jesus WEP posted:

west ham’s record signing strikers is so bad - from five years ago

and since then we’ve had two wingers who we turned into good strikers

Yeah. We somehow made Hernandez and Haller into absolute shite. Although that was Pellegrini and his signings weren’t great in general. Hopefully, the delay in signing one after Haller got sold means Moyes is completely sure about whoever actually comes in this time

Jean-Paul Shartre
Jan 16, 2015

this sentence no verb

Sterling to Chelsea is boldable.

https://twitter.com/ChelseaFC/status/1547249569565532167?s=20&t=tquBGjnkD1TTxl92Gw9iZw

greazeball
Feb 4, 2003

Koulibaly on his way too it seems

https://twitter.com/FabrizioRomano/status/1547221361411735557

Here we go is Fabrizio's version of bold type I think

lomzus
Mar 18, 2009
https://twitter.com/FabrizioRomano/status/1547145809715658754

the sex ghost
Sep 6, 2009
Frenkie says 'gently caress you pay me'

Nis
Feb 21, 2011

:allears:
would love an open letter pointing out that the club have pulled their drat levers and has these big signings (on big wages, i'm sure) lined up - why aren't they willing to pay him the salary that he deferred to help the club during the pandemic?

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

https://twitter.com/radioestadion/status/1547338804649926663

quote:

"Xavi has said that De Jong is worth it, that he is a player that he likes, but that it is economically necessary to sell him..."

Must be a lot of fun to hear while the club is splashing money left right and centre

Vegetable
Oct 22, 2010

You’d expect a club like Barca to be able to weather these things just through the strength of their youth system but of course they’re splashing money on speed merchants from Leeds and trying to screw their best players out of an honest wage.

trem_two
Oct 22, 2002

it is better if you keep saying I'm fat, as I will continue to score goals
Fun Shoe
Sid Lowe posted an article early today that allegedly explains Barca's short term financial situation, aka "how are they getting away with this?", but since it's Sid Lowe it faffed around for a few paragraphs without getting to the point and I gave up reading it.

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

Vegetable posted:

You’d expect a club like Barca to be able to weather these things just through the strength of their youth system but of course they’re splashing money on speed merchants from Leeds and trying to screw their best players out of an honest wage.

Barcelona is run by an elected president, which means they do a lot of short term bullshit and completely ignore the long term. See: selling off 25% of their tv rights for the next 25 years to end the year on a profit so they can sign Raphina, Kessie and Christensen (and maybe Lewandowski) (while not paying Frenkie De Jong)

African AIDS cum
Feb 29, 2012

Welcome back, welcome back, welcome baaaack
Why don't tweets show up embedded anymore

the sex ghost
Sep 6, 2009
Forums are cup tied

BWV
Feb 24, 2005

I don't understand why people expect Barca to act like an actual business person that has to pay debts. They should just promise to pay it next year and the year after and keep the gravy train going. It's just money laundering anyway so who cares if the ledger doesn't balance. Just tell Liverpool they can have their money in a few more years and borrow more to pay Big Frenk and kick that problem to the next sucker who can kick it to the next. Turn the music back on and keep the party going.

BWV fucked around with this message at 00:37 on Jul 14, 2022

NinpoEspiritoSanto
Oct 22, 2013

African AIDS cum posted:

Why don't tweets show up embedded anymore

I'm on Firefox and find I often have to wait an absurdly long time for them to load, while there's just a weird link and bits of other text

webmeister
Jan 31, 2007

The answer is, mate, because I want to do you slowly. There has to be a bit of sport in this for all of us. In the psychological battle stakes, we are stripped down and ready to go. I want to see those ashen-faced performances; I want more of them. I want to be encouraged. I want to see you squirm.
It's because Tweets' move to Safari FC is currently on hold:

astral posted:

:siren: Tweet embedding has been disabled on Safari-based browsers (MacOS Safari and every web browser on iOS devices) to address a twitter-side issue where tweets with media marked sensitive would cause pages to freeze or crash.

paddyboat
Feb 20, 2013

Maxi, Maxi Rodriguez
Run down the wing for me
quality post/username combo

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

TVI/CNN Portugal posted:

a club from Saudi Arabia has made a proposal of €30M to Manchester United for Cristiano Ronaldo. The player has a 2 year contract worth €250M waiting for him. Jorge Mendes would receive a fee of €20M for making the deal happen.

Almost certainly absolute horseshit, but holy gently caress that would be funny

nawilo_420
Nov 24, 2021
Probation
Can't post for 16 days!
I hope he goes to Saudi Arabia and finally comes out there (after he received all the money and is currently not in the country)

nawilo_420
Nov 24, 2021
Probation
Can't post for 16 days!
Burak Yilmaz to Fortuna Sittard is a done deal

https://twitter.com/fortunasittard/status/1539231572439728128?s=21&t=5ZTyNtsN6HnW_0-a1BESSQ

lmao

Eau de MacGowan
May 12, 2009

BRASIL HEXA
2026 tá logo aí
had that sweet spot in i wanna say fifa 12 or 13 where you could own people playing real madrid in fifa with yilmaz drogba and sneijder, good times, glad he's still going

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

the sex ghost posted:

Frenkie says 'gently caress you pay me'

Indeed.

https://twitter.com/FabrizioRomano/status/1547518992499212288

Also United are maybe, probably, could be signing Lisandro Martinez:

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2022/jul/14/manchester-united-to-seal-42m-lisandro-martinez-deal-after-successful-talks

nawilo_420
Nov 24, 2021
Probation
Can't post for 16 days!
I love it when players do this, and he should absolutely not budge imho. gently caress barca and their "financial products"

biglads
Feb 21, 2007

I could've gone to Blatherwycke

Barca gonna offer to pay in BarcaCoin
(Mes que un blockchain)

Jippa
Feb 13, 2009
https://twitter.com/bet_clever/status/1547531401876185088

:lol:

wooger
Apr 16, 2005

YOU RESENT?

How are united negotiating to pay *more* to a club that has no choice but to sell?

pik_d
Feb 24, 2006

follow the white dove

TRP Post of the Month October 2021

wooger posted:

How are united negotiating to pay *more* to a club that has no choice but to sell?

The ghost of Woodward strikes again!

NinpoEspiritoSanto
Oct 22, 2013

I imagine it's to do with the deferred paycut he took and wanting enough money to deal with that and come out able to complete other signings?

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

NinpoEspiritoSanto posted:

I imagine it's to do with the deferred paycut he took and wanting enough money to deal with that and come out able to complete other signings?

Yeah it's almost certainly this. Journalists were saying a fee was agreed at 65+20 a few weeks back but it stalled on the money Barcelona owed him.

tbp
Mar 1, 2008

DU WIRST NIEMALS ALLEINE MARSCHIEREN

trem_two posted:

Sid Lowe posted an article early today that allegedly explains Barca's short term financial situation, aka "how are they getting away with this?", but since it's Sid Lowe it faffed around for a few paragraphs without getting to the point and I gave up reading it.

if theres any interest i could do a thread on their annual report when its out in english. i read through the 20/21 one and its fairly grim, but its hard to tell how much worse it is due to COVID. barca also have a bunch of long-term debt becoming current within the year and its not like this is a particularly great time to restructure that lol.

for a heuristic, apparently their debt is bbb-, which is one step above junk

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

I wouldn't understand most of it but I'd still read it

Vegetable
Oct 22, 2010

I’ll read a goon-summarized football financial report anytime. Our very own Swiss Ramble.

NinpoEspiritoSanto
Oct 22, 2013

Vegetable posted:

Our very own Swiss Ramble.

aka an oliwan post

uno.mannschaft
Dec 23, 2006

tbp posted:

if theres any interest i could do a thread on their annual report when its out in english. i read through the 20/21 one and its fairly grim, but its hard to tell how much worse it is due to COVID. barca also have a bunch of long-term debt becoming current within the year and its not like this is a particularly great time to restructure that lol.

for a heuristic, apparently their debt is bbb-, which is one step above junk

Would

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Total Meatlove
Jan 28, 2007

:japan:
Rangers died, shoujo Hitler cried ;_;

NinpoEspiritoSanto posted:

aka an oliwan post

Lol.

Ajax can gently caress off trying to buy Bassey and then gently caress off some more. Or pay a large amount of money.