Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh
It's Goonwaffe mail and their part of the forum that's like reading 2006 4chan, goatsie and all.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Johnny Five-Jaces
Jan 21, 2009

Foehammer007 posted:

I feel like bigab/rote is probably the closest we can get to HV.

rote skews a little older so that is probably the best bet

Rhymenoserous
May 23, 2008

ChickenWing posted:

Right, yes, I feel like my original message is being lost here, that being "if someone sounded the horn of goondor, in all likelihood goons would simply not respond, rather than changing sides, on account of literally everyone involved on either side being poo poo"

Wing: this isn’t a discussion worth having.

dragonshardz
May 2, 2017

ShowTime posted:

I hope Delta splits, takes in all the Goonswarm expats and we have some awesome goon civil war scenario, with Delta becoming allies with a bunch of other Eve organizations that now want to see Goonswarm purged. It would make for such great content.

Nah, gently caress that, gently caress playing into whatever ~~truegoon schismatics~~ story Mittens will try to pull. Delta Sqad becomes Hole Sqad, carrying the torch of "let's have fun, be chill, and do spaceships" but in w-space where we can boogeymen at whoever we like.

Frank Frank
Jun 13, 2001

Mirrored

Johnny Five-Jaces posted:

team, i have been banned from goon fleet dot com for the unconscionable crime of Posting

This seems to fly in the face of "never stop posting" doctrine

mpaarating
May 6, 2011

The Baddest Boi

Omon Ra posted:

Holy poo poo. Am I correct in understanding that Delta Sqad was fully aware of stalking, transphobia and other bigotry in GSF, yet elected to remain part of it for years? Please tell me that's not the case and I'm misunderstanding.

ah yes, you have exactly hit the point and the real issue of this discussion, congratulations. Please go hibernate another 10 years before you illuminate us all again.

ShowTime
Mar 28, 2005
That's fair, I wouldn't let them play into anything. Just let it self destruct I guess. As long as all the good goons find a home somewhere and get to play together one last time, so be it.

Foehammer007
Dec 7, 2011

by Pragmatica

andromache posted:

No. You are not correct. But I’m too tired to type out all of the ways you are wrong.

Edit: what Dalmuti said

u should delete OP

Endie
Feb 7, 2007

Jings

Bilirubin posted:

<3

There is something perfect about the way that picture and the tag line fit together. Really captures the vibrating, barely-contained, hyperfocused energy that is border collie.

(seriously, don't get a border collie unless you have acres and many sheep)

I got my border collie before I got my SA account and she's currently sleeping off the day's exertions by my feet. She was a major factor in why I decided to leave the city and move to a house in the country, for which I am also grateful.

mpaarating
May 6, 2011

The Baddest Boi

Johnny Five-Jaces posted:

rote skews a little older so that is probably the best bet

don't discount these young woke BIGAB that actively fight for a world were cats are more accepted as the pet of a young single fellow

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh
SA Goons in WH space doing small gang and solo stuff would be the best actual fun content generation this game has seen for a long time.

Mr. Grinch
Jul 2, 2007

They say that the Grinch's small heart grew three sizes that day.

Atrum please change the OP to just this link

schwaboy
Jul 19, 2004
Uncle Nuts

Endie posted:

Such paladins were sparse in Eve back then.

True. It's basically just Carneros, and that's it.

Roller Coast Guard
Aug 27, 2006

With this magnificent aircraft,
and my magnificent facial hair,
the British Empire will never fall!

So the Xenuria thing.

I don't get it.

If Xenuria had been some sort of hotshot FC, or major supercap producer, or spent 18 hours a day doing citadel logistics or whatever the gently caress then I could at least see some cold horrible logic in the idea of covering up for him to avoid a loss of someone who was useful to the space empire.

But it's Xenuria. All he did was babble nonsense in local and creep out other more useful and morally correct alliance members. Why the gently caress would you expend any effort whatsoever on protecting him? Is this just some vulgar display of power thing to demonstrate the ability to convince the proles to disbelieve the evidence of their own eyes and ears?

(I realise that there's a more straightforward answer to the question "why would you want to keep the guy with a habit of acquiring and sharing underage nudes in your online circle")

mpaarating
May 6, 2011

The Baddest Boi

learnincurve posted:

SA Goons in WH space doing small gang and solo stuff would be the best actual fun content generation this game has seen for a long time.
stop trying to create a real horn of goondor.

Omon Ra
Nov 1, 2020
peanus

Sickening posted:

Why didn't you just leave your abuser, the door is right there!
Me? I was never part of GSF, exactly because it had a reputation for this kind of poo poo. Now I'm hearing that the supposed "good guys" within it were passively complicit in it -- ok, not the Republicans, but the shitlib Dems.

Or wait, are you actually likening being part of this space game guild to real life abuse and the reasons why victims don't leave abusers? jfc

Bob Socko
Feb 20, 2001

God, I wish I could post as well as Delta. Maybe some day.

CainFortea
Oct 15, 2004

Roller Coast Guard posted:

So the Xenuria thing.

I don't get it.

If Xenuria had been some sort of hotshot FC, or major supercap producer, or spent 18 hours a day doing citadel logistics or whatever the gently caress then I could at least see some cold horrible logic in the idea of covering up for him to avoid a loss of someone who was useful to the space empire.

But it's Xenuria. All he did was babble nonsense in local and creep out other more useful and morally correct alliance members. Why the gently caress would you expend any effort whatsoever on protecting him? Is this just some vulgar display of power thing to demonstrate the ability to convince the proles to disbelieve the evidence of their own eyes and ears?

(I realise that there's a more straightforward answer to the question "why would you want to keep the guy with a habit of acquiring and sharing underage nudes in your online circle")

It's because he flattered mittens and was a young person. That's it. Everything else was window dressing to attempt to sell it to us.

Furnok Dorn
Mar 30, 2004
SOCIALLY WORTHLESS SHUT-IN NERD

Bob Socko posted:

God, I wish I could post as well as Delta. Maybe some day.

if you buy some of my Testosterone™ dining room tables i can teach you

ChickenWing
Jul 22, 2010

:v:

Rhymenoserous posted:

Wing: this isn’t a discussion worth having.

:pwn:

Kaysette
Jan 5, 2009

~*Boston makes me*~
~*feel good*~

:wrongcity:

learnincurve posted:

i might actually join that. i always liked the idea of eve but the gamerword sovwar nullsec thing did nothing for me. exploration and chilling with some decent folks would be a lot of fun.

maybe we can get video games to come back...

Frank Frank
Jun 13, 2001

Mirrored

Omon Ra posted:

Me? I was never part of GSF, exactly because it had a reputation for this kind of poo poo. Now I'm hearing that the supposed "good guys" within it were passively complicit in it -- ok, not the Republicans, but the shitlib Dems.

Dalmuti posted:

delta sqad was deader than disco for 10+ years. once the horn of goondor sounded, a few of us old timers got the band back together and attracted a bunch of newer goodposters. we assumed the whole cultural revolution was the real deal and cool and good.

as you can see, we are quite muscular posters, and when it came to light how one of our own was being hosed over (6 months after the fact once appropriate channels had been ignored) we got to posting. turns out there were a lot of other folks similarly hosed over during our long slumber.

we won the big war single handedly and we'll tear this mf-er down single handedly if thats what it takes

Omon Ra
Nov 1, 2020
peanus
Well, bad assumption. What else can be said, I guess.

Gwyneth Palpate
Jun 7, 2010

Do you want your breadcrumbs highlighted?

~SMcD

So the Xenuria thing.

I don't get it.

IIRC, Mittani kept him around because he thought he had an ability to psychoanalyze people in a way that no one else could. Like, to use a theme-appropriate analogy, he more than likely (in his mind) considered him a Malkavian. (For those who didn't spend their adolescence on pen and paper RPGs, it's the vampire clan that was incurably insane, but prone to eerie fits of otherworldly wisdom. The name of the Elysium chatroom also comes from this same RPG, for reference.)

Sickening
Jul 16, 2007

Black summer was the best summer.

Omon Ra posted:

Or wait, are you actually likening being part of this space game guild to real life abuse and the reasons why victims don't leave abusers? jfc

:aloom: You are insane.

ChickenWing
Jul 22, 2010

Does GROON still exist as an in-eve literally-anyone-logging-in-at-any-time entity?

Foehammer007
Dec 7, 2011

by Pragmatica
digi replacement

Foehammer007
Dec 7, 2011

by Pragmatica

ChickenWing posted:

Does GROON still exist as an in-eve literally-anyone-logging-in-at-any-time entity?

doubt

ChickenWing
Jul 22, 2010

same but like if literally anyone still has the keys there's a ready-made goon corp waiting to have the dust blown off

Rhymenoserous
May 23, 2008

So the Xenuria thing.

I don't get it.

Directors needed a new source after BFM got drummed out.

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

Every revolution evaporates and leaves behind only the slime of a new bureaucracy

learnincurve posted:

Might I humbly suggest that we make it:

1. Entirely WH focused, no sov bullshit, no interacting with the nullsec great powers.
2. Goon + goon friends.
3. Try not to interact with imperium / exist to gently caress with imperium etc.

Just trying to think of ways to avoid it being some 'bitter ex' kind of poo poo. I would consider resubbing if it was just chill folks loving around in wormholes.

Likewise, probably best to eventually make a new thread again, and just mention that Imperium / Goonfleet have nothing to do with somethingawful.com going forward and link to https://groomswarm.wtf/

mpaarating
May 6, 2011

The Baddest Boi

ChickenWing posted:

No, the current CEO/executor has been unsubbed for a few years now

edit: I know who has the keys and I'm sure they hand over to a trusted person.

shutupandshave
May 11, 2006
SUAS

Dalmuti posted:

gently caress you, we are not doing space work

we might go to syndicate

You can rent me some belts in S-U8A4 :V

Foehammer007
Dec 7, 2011

by Pragmatica
i think in the long run its best just to be creative and do something new

but groon revival would be pretty rad

Stereotype
Apr 24, 2010

College Slice

Jenrai posted:

Gotta airlock the dissidents so nobody can hold him to account!

it's not manipulative and abusive at all actually!

FruitNYogurtParfait
Mar 29, 2006

Sion lied. Deadtear died for our sins. #VengeanceForDeadtear
#PunGateNeverForget
#ModLivesMatter

Gwyneth Palpate posted:

IIRC, Mittani kept him around because he thought he had an ability to psychoanalyze people in a way that no one else could. Like, to use a theme-appropriate analogy, he more than likely (in his mind) considered him a Malkavian. (For those who didn't spend their adolescence on pen and paper RPGs, it's the vampire clan that was incurably insane, but prone to eerie fits of otherworldly wisdom. The name of the Elysium chatroom also comes from this same RPG, for reference.)

yeah its this, he was only ever let in at all because he was so loving annoying and "lol lets put him on the csm to piss people off and show our disdain for it"

Nerdlord Actual
Apr 14, 2007

Awaken to your true self with Wisconsin Potatoes
Grimey Drawer
hell yeah found my old theta sig

Potato Salad
Oct 23, 2014

nobody cares

PathAsc posted:

Jesus gently caress, even the pubbies in starter corps are defending xenuria :barf:

Well yeah, they joined up to Win At Spaceships

Reducing GSF's pilot count is counterproductive to their goal of Winning At Spaceships

They're going to bury whatever they need to bury to make Number Go Up or at least keep it from going down

Johnny Five-Jaces
Jan 21, 2009

mpaarating posted:

don't discount these young woke BIGAB that actively fight for a world were cats are more accepted as the pet of a young single fellow

timoxa is a good man and CEO of my heart currently

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Potato Salad
Oct 23, 2014

nobody cares

The pubbies are easier to understand if you think of them as crypto investors, begging and pleading with you to please buy in to what they've bought in to.