Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

sure okay
Apr 7, 2006

Surprised it's not mentioned here but there's definitely a little fleshy stabbing sound when Hank and Cristobal are hugging and it's at the moment Hank's expression changes.

My first read of that scene was that he stabbed Hank with something, but with what?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

🚣RowboatMan: ❄️Freezing time🕰️ is an old P.I. 🥧trick...

sure okay posted:

Surprised it's not mentioned here but there's definitely a little fleshy stabbing sound when Hank and Cristobal are hugging and it's at the moment Hank's expression changes.

My first read of that scene was that he stabbed Hank with something, but with what?

No, I don't think either of these things happened. Hank's expression was him finally maybe processing all of the poo poo that just went down.

sure okay
Apr 7, 2006

I just checked it again there's definitely a sound.

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

sure okay posted:

I just checked it again there's definitely a sound.

I'm not doubting that, sorry if I wasn't clear; I just don't think anyone's getting stabbed. It's likely something else, like maybe a foot stepping in blood.

There's no way that they build up a reunion like that and then leave a major event like a stabbing between those two characters to some minor, somewhat subtle moment.

After watching 3 seasons of this show, it very much doesn't seem to be the kind of show to pull that poo poo. I don't even know what show would.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3wFHN1DPovw

I listened for the sound and there's nothing more than maybe some on-set physical moment of one of their hands. There's no stabbing jfc.

Rupert Buttermilk fucked around with this message at 15:23 on Jun 21, 2022

Aye Doc
Jul 19, 2007

the noise seems to be the handcuffs on Hank jingling as he moves his arm down Cristobal's side

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

Nameless Pete posted:

It's cute how y'all are pretending like you didn't watch WandaVision. Stop it.

Stop it.

Stop it.

He's in 1 episode, who gives a poo poo. :lol: He's too good for that poo poo anyways.

Nameless Pete
May 8, 2007

Get a load of those...

oh jay posted:

I don't have to pretend.

I think of it as my way of retroactively supporting Ms. Marvel, because past me didn't contribute to the numbers of any of the other MCU shows.

CelticPredator posted:

It was boring

Vintersorg posted:

He's in 1 episode, who gives a poo poo. :lol: He's too good for that poo poo anyways.

Well if you had watched it then maybe you would recognize when somebody is making a reference.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hs58CW1k-jQ

ricro
Dec 22, 2008
The classic TV throwback stuff in WandaVision was delightful and fun, but every time it went back to the "real world" it was dull trash

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
no offense but if i was gonna watch a black and white show I'd watch George Burns & Gracie Allen show since at least they're funny. that trailer didn't look funny at all and i dont even know what it has to do with carnation condensed milk

th3t00t
Aug 14, 2007

GOOD CLEAN FOOTBALL
Watching some random re-runs of :doink: and a 28 year old Cristobal made a guest appearance as a CI :syoon:

Other notable appearances in the same episode are Clay Davis from The Wire as a police Captain of the organized crime unit. And Damian Young as as scummy lawyer, he was bald even in 2000.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Nameless Pete posted:

Well if you had watched it then maybe you would recognize when somebody is making a reference.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hs58CW1k-jQ

I forgot all about

sticksy
May 26, 2004
Nap Ghost
Pretty cool breakdown on how they approached and shot "710N"

https://youtu.be/7QY8Of6bVbg

wuggles
Jul 12, 2017

Fred Melamed to me is the dad on Hulu's "Casual" which I thought was very good back in 2014 (haven't watched it since to re-evaluate).

minato
Jun 7, 2004

cutty cain't hang, say 7-up.
Taco Defender
At the end of S3E8 when Barry calls Sally to arrange for them to leave, he ends it with "Hey Sally.... I love you." and I thought Sally responded ".... love you too." but the subtitles actually say "Oh, you do?"

I've rewatched it a few times and it still sounds like she says "love you too". But the subtitled version makes much more sense, especially when the camera reveals where she is.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius

wuggles posted:

Fred Melamed to me is the dad on Hulu's "Casual" which I thought was very good back in 2014 (haven't watched it since to re-evaluate).

That's what I first remember him from too.

Aye Doc
Jul 19, 2007

minato posted:

At the end of S3E8 when Barry calls Sally to arrange for them to leave, he ends it with "Hey Sally.... I love you." and I thought Sally responded ".... love you too." but the subtitles actually say "Oh, you do?"

I've rewatched it a few times and it still sounds like she says "love you too". But the subtitled version makes much more sense, especially when the camera reveals where she is.

bill said on one of the podcasts that she says "love you too," just a bad subtitling job by whoever hbo contracted it out to

oh jay
Oct 15, 2012

Aye Doc posted:

bill said on one of the podcasts that she says "love you too," just a bad subtitling job by whoever hbo contracted it out to

Wow, gently caress deaf people I guess.

Another Bill
Sep 27, 2018

I stumbled ass-backwards into a comfortable, easy life for reasons beyond my comprehension and now I think I'm better than you for it.

oh jay posted:

Wow, gently caress deaf people I guess.

I bet it's done by algorithm, but yes it's obnoxious. I've noticed poo poo for transcribing on Prime too.

Uncle Boogeyman
Jul 22, 2007

Most of the subtitling for Barry has actually been pretty spot on but yeah even speaking as someone with bad hearing, that subtitle was obviously wrong.

limp dick calvin
Sep 1, 2006

Strepitoso. Vedete? Una meraviglia.

Aye Doc posted:

Wtf I was taking that subtitle as stone

MadJackal
Apr 30, 2004

Aye Doc posted:

Huh, I always keep subtitles on and thought it worked better as her mumbling "I love you," but actually saying "Oh, you do."

oh jay
Oct 15, 2012

Should have just "I love you", not "love you, too" to mirror that exercise Gene had them do in season 1.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CJlJ-wOg4As&t=120s

Edge & Christian
May 20, 2001

Earth-1145 is truly the best!
A world of singing, magic frogs,
high adventure, no shitposters
Chiming in to say Fred Melamed will always be Sy Ableman to me, which makes him being "moderately to severely feckless old guy" and not "vaguely menacing new age dude" always surprising to me.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TQSMmwQyEjk

EvilBlackRailgun
Jan 28, 2007

A Serious Man is such an underrated film

Feels like Barry channels the Coen bros quite frequently to great effect

sticksy
May 26, 2004
Nap Ghost

oh jay posted:

Should have just "I love you", not "love you, too" to mirror that exercise Gene had them do in season 1.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CJlJ-wOg4As&t=120s

FLIPADELPHIA
Apr 27, 2007

Heavy Shit
Grimey Drawer
Just binged S3 in one day. Jesus, this show is absolute perfection. Best show I've come across since HACF.

Beignet guy was loving amazing.

AFewBricksShy
Jun 19, 2003

of a full load.

FLIPADELPHIA posted:

Best show I've come across since HACF.

Halt and Catch Fire if you were confused like I was.

Crusader
Apr 11, 2002

https://twitter.com/peaksega/status/1519439971941330944

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6ofHCCpSnK8

Stephen Root is 70?!? :wtc:

CatstropheWaitress
Nov 26, 2017

Looks great for 70, drat.

snoremac
Jul 27, 2012

I LOVE SEEING DEAD BABIES ON 𝕏, THE EVERYTHING APP. IT'S WORTH IT FOR THE FOLLOWING TAB.
Just finished season 2. What was the relevance of Gene staring intently at a chip in the tile floor at the police station?

emo-ignorance
Jun 12, 2020

I think it was just to show he was dissociating.

Also, I’m hype for all the Emmy noms! Sarah Goldberg was obviously snubbed, but I don’t know if her work this past season qualifies her for a Comedy award. I’m mainly hoping Hader wins Best Directing because his visual style was the highlight of season 3.

PittTheElder
Feb 13, 2012

:geno: Yes, it's like a lava lamp.

Well it's Supporting Actress in a Comedy Series right? I'd think she'd qualify even if all of her actual scenes were non-comedic; she def deserves a nomination for something.

Tender Bender
Sep 17, 2004

Something that was really striking in the finale is the use of dialogue; It was often pretty sparse and almost poetic in how it was deployed, especially in the garage interrogation scene but really throughout the entire episode. It was rarely natural sounding, lots of repetition, simple phrases, and use of silence as we moved through effectively separate vignettes.

It made me reflect on how this whole season had such creative direction and went weird and dark. I love how Bill Hader could have easily coasted with a pretty good dark comedy series, but instead he's really stretching and doing bold experimental filmmaking.

minato
Jun 7, 2004

cutty cain't hang, say 7-up.
Taco Defender
Her monologue by the pool in S2 (where Barry responds with "you wanna piece a pieeeee?") deserves an award the size of a house.

MrMojok
Jan 28, 2011

Yeah I didn’t realize Sarah hadn’t been nominated until I read these last few posts.

That is a crime.

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer
:psyduck: THREE actresses from Ted Lasso got nominated in that category

FLIPADELPHIA
Apr 27, 2007

Heavy Shit
Grimey Drawer
lol Ted Lasso is fine but jesus, awards shows are such circle jerks

mcbexx
Jul 4, 2004

British dentistry is
not on trial here!

PostNouveau posted:

:psyduck: THREE actresses from Ted Lasso got nominated in that category

I had to look it up, because I couldn't even come up with a third female character with enough screentime or impactful performance to warrant a nomination. I thought of the shrink, but figured the part was too small compared to the others to get a nod.

No diss on Sarah Niles, she was pretty good, if not a bit one-note in her deadpan, distanced characterization, but picking her over Goldberg seems a bit rough if you compare the two performances - especially if you consider Niles winning over Waddington and Temple would be a longshot in the first place.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

emo-ignorance
Jun 12, 2020

If Barry was Ted Lasso, beignet guy would have gotten a best guest actor nom