Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Nosre posted:

hard to tell exactly what that metric is trying to do, but I'm guessing it's not positivity about future success. Otherwise, are all bears fans delusional?

It's getting false positives from all the posts about Fat Bear Week and Pride month

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Wild Man of YOLO
Apr 20, 2004

A little cross-country, gentlemen?

Jivesauce posted:

Yeah this is correct regarding the pork tenderloin sandwich, that picture is spot on. I do think they're really good, but I don't know if that's a function of having grown up around them; glad to hear at least one person from outside the area likes them too!

State Fair is coming up, pretty much the only time I have one of these

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Yeah I don't buy one aspect of this European soccer betting site's list in any way. Bears fans happy Nagy left doesn't make the team "likeable".

You have the Giants and Jets near the top. Just lmfao

Bills at the bottom? What?

bows1
May 16, 2004

Chill, whale, chill

Bird in a Blender posted:

I've had the cocktail shrimp there and it's pretty much just that they make a cocktail sauce filled with horseradish. As someone who loves horseradish, I loved it, but I'm amazed at how much press it gets. They did have very big shrimp too I guess.

E: I guess I need to up my bears pessimist-posting.

Isn't that just most good steakhouses? Homemade cocktail sauce with tons of horseradish. I know local gem Peter Lugers does that too

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌

kiimo posted:

Yeah I don't buy one aspect of this European soccer betting site's list in any way. Bears fans happy Nagy left doesn't make the team "likeable".

You have the Giants and Jets near the top. Just lmfao

Bills at the bottom? What?

They kind of coincide with the most popular franchises and highest population areas of America. Packers/Bears is probably the most watched rivalry in the NFL so you're bound to get people liking them on both sides regardless of the team.

It's really just measuring how many people follow their social media accounts and post positive posts. I don't think it's that out of the ordinary.

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

https://twitter.com/MikeGarafolo/status/1547962064466894850

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Orlando's "camp" is him and a dude he bonded with over diabetes that has never done and NFL deal before

Better than Lamar I guess?

Artonos
Dec 3, 2018
Is it just me or does Lamar's contract stuff actually make sense? He is trying to pull off a Dak. Where if they won't give him a megadeal on the order of mahomes/watson he'll go for the franchise tag and let the cap keep rising. There's an element of betting on yourself but I can't imagine people around the league didn't see that Dak maximized his earnings by playing hardball and the cowboys still had to be the ones to pony up, eventually instead of letting him hit free agency.

Then again it's also possible I've thought about this more than his "camp". Which is just his family right?

Phobeste
Apr 9, 2006

never, like, count out Touchdown Tom, man
Yeah after kirk cousins if you're the kind of guy that has a "if we don't make a deal now you're going on the tag" deal you should probably say "aight i'm going on the tag" if you're at all confident you'll still be good in three years

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

https://twitter.com/RapSheet/status/1547965489040633856

Will he though

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

Better Living Through Birding And Pessimism

Artonos posted:

Is it just me or does Lamar's contract stuff actually make sense? He is trying to pull off a Dak. Where if they won't give him a megadeal on the order of mahomes/watson he'll go for the franchise tag and let the cap keep rising. There's an element of betting on yourself but I can't imagine people around the league didn't see that Dak maximized his earnings by playing hardball and the cowboys still had to be the ones to pony up, eventually instead of letting him hit free agency.

Then again it's also possible I've thought about this more than his "camp". Which is just his family right?

I think there is just no way to know unless we see what the Ravens are offering vs what Lamar is asking for. From what I understand the Ravens have been willing to pay him but for whatever reason it hasn't gotten done. So it can only be speculated exactly why. Maybe he wants to be the top paid guy in football and we aren't willing to do that. I'd side with just going with franchise tags for both sides if that's the case. I don't think that right now he is worth making the top paid guy in football as he hasn't been nearly as effective as he was in the MVP year two years ago. Which isn't all his fault but still reality. And he's hurt his cause by waiting longer and longer after that fact.

This year should make it easier for both sides provided we don't have another injury apocalypse

Dr_Strangelove
Dec 16, 2003

Mein Fuhrer! THEY WON!

Re: Sportswriters/casters and steak:

https://twitter.com/edsbs/status/1101999993823641600

sweet thursday
Sep 16, 2012

Sous vide a la piss

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Phobeste posted:

Yeah after kirk cousins if you're the kind of guy that has a "if we don't make a deal now you're going on the tag" deal you should probably say "aight i'm going on the tag" if you're at all confident you'll still be good in three years

Here's the problem though, word is IF he signs the tag and doesn't sit out (like he threatened to do) he is reportedly skipping camp and maybe the first week of the season. It would be one thing if the guy was a consummate pro who took care of his body and stayed on top of things but he's actually the exact opposite. The guy completely blew off the combine and has a history of not doing any of those things.

I'm concerned he's going to walk into practice week 2 of the season like he walked into the combine.

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/2762364-did-orlando-brown-just-have-the-worst-combine-performance-of-all-time

I think there are goons in this thread who could bench 225 14 times and this guy weights 370 and has at one time been near 450

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Damn it, this always happens. I think I'm gonna score, and then I never score. It's not fair.

Wedge Regret

sweet thursday posted:

Sous vide a la piss

Poo vide

Zurreco
Dec 27, 2004

Cutty approves.
For the record, there are no likable teams and anyone who tries to say otherwise is carrying water.

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

kiimo posted:

and this guy weights 370 and has at one time been near 450

So have most goons

wilderthanmild
Jun 21, 2010

Posting shit

Grimey Drawer

kiimo posted:

Here's the problem though, word is IF he signs the tag and doesn't sit out (like he threatened to do) he is reportedly skipping camp and maybe the first week of the season. It would be one thing if the guy was a consummate pro who took care of his body and stayed on top of things but he's actually the exact opposite. The guy completely blew off the combine and has a history of not doing any of those things.

I'm concerned he's going to walk into practice week 2 of the season like he walked into the combine.

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/2762364-did-orlando-brown-just-have-the-worst-combine-performance-of-all-time

I think there are goons in this thread who could bench 225 14 times and this guy weights 370 and has at one time been near 450

On the one hand, gently caress yea work sucks. On the other hand, you get millions of dollars for this, comeon man.

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

Lamar can just say I want the DeShaun Watson contract plus whatever otherwise we’ll talk next year.

Mystic Stylez
Dec 19, 2009

Diva Cupcake posted:

Lamar can just say I want the DeShaun Watson contract plus whatever otherwise we’ll talk next year.

which is funny because people were constantly making GBS threads on him for not signing a contract back when Josh Allen did or w/e. things are looking pretty good for him.

Henrik Zetterberg
Dec 7, 2007

Mystic Stylez posted:

things are looking pretty good for him.

Oh so he learned to throw?

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

Mystic Stylez posted:

which is funny because people were constantly making GBS threads on him for not signing a contract back when Josh Allen did or w/e. things are looking pretty good for him.

But Allen has now had his money for longer and is also better positioned for negotiating his second gently caress-off-money contract sooner. Jackson is looking to spend two more years under just his rookie contract than Allen is.

Plus, though unlikely, Jackson could completely tank his value with a bad season. Ask Baker how quickly things can change.

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

Henrik Zetterberg posted:

Oh so he learned to throw?
Someone queue the video of Marquise Brown dropping all those sure-fire TDs.

Woozie66
Sep 8, 2009

I'll wait for the next era
https://twitter.com/MikeGarafolo/status/1547994651608526855?t=0oSAxwBLI-jdgGzHX9GkfQ&s=19

https://twitter.com/MikeGarafolo/status/1547995333203922950?t=Y1yOIv5JjpseZJA8NWeD3A&s=19

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Or have another playoff debacle.

If you extrapolate Lamar's playoff averages out over a 17-game season, you get:

578 attempts
323 completions (55.9%)
3,825 yards
13 TD
21 INT
68.3 rating

If I was Lamar's agent (his internal monologue) I'd say hey maybe take the contract now and invest? It's a lot easier to gain the difference by investing now than to ever recover if your performance tanks.

*I'm not making GBS threads on Lamar, love you Baltimore goons

Mystic Stylez
Dec 19, 2009

fsif posted:

But Allen has now had his money for longer and is also better positioned for negotiating his second gently caress-off-money contract sooner. Jackson is looking to spend two more years under just his rookie contract than Allen is.

Plus, though unlikely, Jackson could completely tank his value with a bad season. Ask Baker how quickly things can change.

I'm not saying Allen got screwed out of money or that his contract was bad, I'm just saying Lamar isn't in such a bad position like people usually do

kiimo posted:

578 attempts
323 completions (55.9%)
3,825 yards
13 TD
21 INT
68.3 rating

I'm not sure this is a good way to rate a quarterback but whatever

Mystic Stylez fucked around with this message at 18:45 on Jul 15, 2022

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

in peyton manning's first three playoff seasons he had 1 td, compared to lamar's 3

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Mystic Stylez posted:

I'm not saying Allen got screwed out of money or that his contract was bad, I'm just saying Lamar isn't in such a bad position like people usually do

I'm not sure this is a good way to rate a quarterback but whatever

Well technically I'm rating his playoff performance in numbers that are easier to understand. He's obviously better than this. But playoff losses with these kind of numbers can sour a fanbase pretty fast

Phobeste
Apr 9, 2006

never, like, count out Touchdown Tom, man

kiimo posted:

Guess the chiefs shoulda paid him then lol

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.

kiimo posted:

Well technically I'm rating his playoff performance in numbers that are easier to understand. He's obviously better than this. But playoff losses with these kind of numbers can sour a fanbase pretty fast

See Ryan Tannehill.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

https://twitter.com/AdamSchefter/status/1548009179415080962

He is the #14 PFF left tackle and I believe the #22 overall tackle.

Proud graduate of the Andy Reid coaching clinic.
I wonder what kind of locker room dynamics stalemates like this create, if any. Do people treat him differently or do they not really care?

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002

kiimo posted:

https://twitter.com/AdamSchefter/status/1548009179415080962

He is the #14 PFF left tackle and I believe the #22 overall tackle.

Lmao the 40 mil fake year makes this much less team sided but Schefter

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Right it's more like 19 per which is right in line with what his abilities dictate I'd say.

What happens on a franchise tag if someone goes down with an achilles week 2, do they get any money or is it a game by game paycheck?

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

You're all garbage, back up the truck BACK IT UP!
Franchise tag is fully guaranteed with injuries

Soul Glo
Aug 27, 2003

Just let it shine through

Ort posted:

I wonder what kind of locker room dynamics stalemates like this create, if any. Do people treat him differently or do they not really care?

I imagine 99.99% of the players in the same labor union as one another support each other's efforts to get the compensation they believe they earn.

AndrewP
Apr 21, 2010

Ort posted:

You always hear NFL guys talk about how “it’s a business” so if anything they’ll probably respect him even more

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

https://twitter.com/AroundTheNFL/status/1548016922322579456

https://twitter.com/CowboysViews/status/1548016296935038983

AndrewP
Apr 21, 2010

kiimo posted:

578 attempts
323 completions (55.9%)
3,825 yards
13 TD
21 INT
68.3 rating

If I was Lamar's agent (his internal monologue) I'd say hey maybe take the contract now and invest? It's a lot easier to gain the difference by investing now than to ever recover if your performance tanks.

*I'm not making GBS threads on Lamar, love you Baltimore goons

Meh. small sample size and you have to include his rushing since he acts as his own checkdown. he’s put up multiple 100+ yard rushing playoff games

anyway Lamar knows darn well he’s gonna own this year with some actual competent tackle play

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Borsche69
May 8, 2014

Jivesauce posted:

Yeah this is correct regarding the pork tenderloin sandwich, that picture is spot on. I do think they're really good, but I don't know if that's a function of having grown up around them; glad to hear at least one person from outside the area likes them too!

its a huge schnitzel/chicken fried steak on a bun. its hard for it to not be good.