Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ben Nerevarine
Apr 14, 2006
Lwaxana’s eyes were always a little unsettling to me. on the other hand I never noticed the Starfleet triangular sideburns until someone pointed them out to me

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tighclops
Jan 23, 2008

Unable to deal with it

Grimey Drawer
Starfleet issue sideburns rule

A Very Sexy Baby
Sep 25, 2007

I can't help it if men are attracted to me.
My hair doesn't grow right to have Starfleet sideburns so it was a bit of a comfort to learn that the actors actually have little merkins attached, they're not even real.

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
I like the all-black eyes, wish real people had em but we can settle for dark eyes I guess.

Worf
Sep 12, 2017

If only Seth would love me like I love him!

find you a person thatll wear colored contacts for you

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

A Very Sexy Baby posted:

My hair doesn't grow right to have Starfleet sideburns so it was a bit of a comfort to learn that the actors actually have little merkins attached, they're not even real.

Snow Cone Capone
Jul 31, 2003

Khanstant posted:

I like the all-black eyes, wish real people had em but we can settle for dark eyes I guess.

I've actually been told by a few people that my eyes are the darkest brown they've ever seen

This is in full sunlight
(spoilered because I think it's weird to just have a close-up of an eye for no reason)

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004

A Very Sexy Baby posted:

I had a barber ask me once if I wanted rockabilly sideburns once and I said why not, not knowing what they were. They ended up being Trek-burns and I loved rocking them for a bit even though I probably looked like a massive dork because they were easy to justify as cool.

Tighclops
Jan 23, 2008

Unable to deal with it

Grimey Drawer

Bogus Adventure
Jan 11, 2017

More like "Bulges Adventure"

Someone needs to tell Ortegas that she's committing sideburn sin.

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Lol

Bogus Adventure
Jan 11, 2017

:laffo:

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007
An alright dude.
The Garak Dukats daughter thing is loving creepy

Bogus Adventure
Jan 11, 2017

Hollismason posted:

(All jokes aside, you're not wrong)

Tiberius Christ
Mar 4, 2009

Hollismason posted:

If I remember right it was shoehorned in because the chemistry between Garak and Bashir was too gay

BonHair
Apr 28, 2007

This is just the dumbest thing. It's like two weeks worth of hair growth, why would he not commit to the plan enough to do that instead of gluing some fake beard on and risk being questioned about it?

davidspackage
May 16, 2007

Nap Ghost
They should've had him reveal he's carrying a portable holo-emitter and when he turns it off...

...his uniform color changes to gold.

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

BonHair posted:

This is just the dumbest thing. It's like two weeks worth of hair growth, why would he not commit to the plan enough to do that instead of gluing some fake beard on and risk being questioned about it?

The real Riker also has fake sideburns

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

BonHair posted:

Because evil twins have goatees.

LividLiquid
Apr 13, 2002

Edit: Wrong thread.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

BonHair posted:

Because showmanship matters.

I was watching some Wrath of Khan and it sure is nice of the most experienced and famous bridge crew in Starfleet to help out some rando cadet with her Kobayashi Maru and sell all their own fake deaths so hard

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

🎧Listen to Cylindricule!🎵
https://linktr.ee/Cylindricule

davidspackage posted:

They should've had him reveal he's carrying a portable holo-emitter and when he turns it off...

...his uniform color changes to gold.

And his sideburns dematerialize in an FX close-up

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

I'm watching the TNG episode Parallels. Worf goes to show Beverly his first place trophy from the bat'leth tournament to find out he got ninth place. I love the idea of Klingons making participation trophies.

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

🎧Listen to Cylindricule!🎵
https://linktr.ee/Cylindricule

Detective No. 27 posted:

I'm watching the TNG episode Parallels. Worf goes to show Beverly his first place trophy from the bat'leth tournament to find out he got ninth place. I love the idea of Klingons making participation trophies.

Klingons put the honorable in honorable mention

Lemniscate Blue
Apr 21, 2006

Here we go again.

zoux posted:

I was watching some Wrath of Khan and it sure is nice of the most experienced and famous bridge crew in Starfleet to help out some rando cadet with her Kobayashi Maru and sell all their own fake deaths so hard

Isn't Saavik one of Spock's protégés? He probably called in a couple solids.

Worf
Sep 12, 2017

Cool slur

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Lemniscate Blue posted:

Isn't Saavik one of Spock's protégés? He probably called in a couple solids.

They were taking some pretty good bumps there for senior citizens

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

Duranium hip replacement, that baby can take a torpedo.

bull3964
Nov 18, 2000

DO YOU HEAR THAT? THAT'S THE SOUND OF ME PATTING MYSELF ON THE BACK.

zoux posted:

They were taking some pretty good bumps there for senior citizens

Technically, only DeForest Kelly and James Doohan were senior citizens by the time the movie released and neither were during filming.

To put it another way, both at the time were only a year older than Tom Cruise is now.

bull3964 fucked around with this message at 19:08 on Jul 16, 2022

Sash!
Mar 16, 2001

Detective No. 27 posted:

Depends on how many competitors.

Ninth place out of 10 is a participation trophy.

Ninth place out of a thousand is the top one percent of competitors.

Worf
Sep 12, 2017

Is that the thing they sneak into on DS9

Arglebargle III
Feb 21, 2006

zoux posted:

It's a training ship!

Arglebargle III
Feb 21, 2006

Khanstant posted:

I've known a few people with irises so dark they look black.

It's quite attractive actually.

Slamhound
Mar 27, 2010
https://twitter.com/voidgardener/status/1548051824799653889?s=21&t=y0SSdT-ixe9E2KRl0r1FBQ

Feldegast42
Oct 29, 2011

COMMENCE THE RITE OF SHITPOSTING

Tiberius Christ posted:

If I remember right it was shoehorned in because the chemistry between Garak and Bashir was too gay

Garak (both the actor and the character) does the right thing and plays it off and doesn't let it get romantic, at least

Timby
Dec 23, 2006

Your mother!

Feldegast42 posted:

Garak (both the actor and the character) does the right thing and plays it off and doesn't let it get romantic, at least

Garak literally kisses Ziyal in A Call to Arms.

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

I remember some of the writers saying they regret the Garak Ziyal thing, and IIRC one of them mentioned that they wished they'd maybe done a Jake/Ziyal thing instead if they were going to go there.

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

Well, of course I know him.
He's me.
My biggest issue with the Ziyal thing is the age gap. Garak is more or less a contemporary of Dukat’s and Ziyal is, what, mid-20s at most?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

19 when introduced, 21 when she got shot.