Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dr_Gee
Apr 26, 2008

Black August posted:

How how how... you know. You know where the how is waiting. No suffocating this time. Inhale, as the darkness creeps out from the back of the black and blankets over you; we sigh as the crown descends, and I shiver with stomach-wrenching pains of anxious need.

YES

i really love the way you're incorporating tyranny as Will and Intent rather than pants-on-head evil btw

Regallion posted:

Great...great choice everyone, enjoy whatever happens to our kobold friends next.

Regallion posted:

ah, time to deliver that message and gently caress right off back to paprika.

Kinda hate that we did nothing to the MCD guy AND hurt kaigen, that's extremely not ideal even if we did help the kobolds.

ty i did. and, bruh, we successfully Did The Thing in the most Epic and Metal way possible while killing literally 0 people, causing 0 collateral damage, and, if anything, maybe nudging Kaigen toward a path of recognizing the greater strength to be found in accepting and moving through the weakness of grief instead of being eternally mired in a lost ~destiny~

like, real talk, what outcome would have made you happy, here?

Randalor posted:

Also, this goes to show that The Tyrant does reflect our actual concerns, and will sacrifice ourselves in a desperate gamble if it means saving the underdog. Good job Tyrant, you're not so bad after all.

ya. we are the Tyrant, we're all the the things. i know that earlier discussion was MC being an amalgam of different people. increasingly, i'm thinking that's not right.

it's all us. it's always been all us. we just haven't begun accepting it until recently

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

Also lol that M C D are all people BUT SO IS &

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

by nethack rules that’s the most dangerous one of all

Black August
Sep 28, 2003

For clarity 'President' is a rank well below the top one of 'CEO' in the MC&D corporate hierarchy. President in this case means Presider/Celebrant; they are one of the ones who oversees and offers the gospel that is Corporate.

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

Captain Foo posted:

Also lol that M C D are all people BUT SO IS &

This was probably my favorite reveal/realization from the recent updates yeah!

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

Podima posted:

This was probably my favorite reveal/realization from the recent updates yeah!

it was something i could grasp in the midst of the massive lore cloud that owns but i have trouble navigating

also puns

Randalor
Sep 4, 2011

Black August posted:

For clarity 'President' is a rank well below the top one of 'CEO' in the MC&D corporate hierarchy. President in this case means Presider/Celebrant; they are one of the ones who oversees and offers the gospel that is Corporate.

So what you're saying is "Yup, the MC&D person with a high-sounding title is a high-ranking MC&D person, please feel free to gently caress with MC&D Presidents"? Gotcha.

Grond
Mar 31, 2016
I think Marshall Carter & Dark as an entity comes from the SCP Foundation? They were one of the smaller groups outside the foundation proper like the GOC or the Serpent's hand IIRC. Though SCP being what it is, it's all kind of a confusing clusterfuck of conflicting canon so IDK if they were one of the better established groups in that setting.

Black August posted:

For some reason now I'm imagining Amey as 'that person' (usually from HR) whose entire job seems to be glancing over your monitor, taking extended coffee breaks bitching about other coworkers and filling your mailbox with spam about 'culture fit', 'corporate values' and pointless 'office events' that you always need to come up with some bullshit excuse to reject. Anyway I guess I might have to add another name in my list of people I'd like to see nuked for entirely petty reasons the good of the realm.

No I'm not bitter, what are you talking about?

Grond fucked around with this message at 21:52 on Jul 16, 2022

Black August
Sep 28, 2003

MC&D is from SCP, though this is own take apart from the basics of Ultracorp run by three people who cater only to the ultrarich with paranormal merch.

Regallion
Nov 11, 2012

Dr_Gee posted:

like, real talk, what outcome would have made you happy, here?

Ideally, flay and then kill the MCD guy, wrestle kaigen until he feels cool to leave?

Randalor
Sep 4, 2011

Regallion posted:

Ideally, flay and then kill the MCD guy, wrestle kaigen until he feels cool to leave?

Here's the thing with letting the MC&D stooge live, is that she'll go back to MC&D and start telling them about a person with a black crown of corruption who can survive being reduced to a burning skeleton bathed in nuclear fire. When it comes to MC&D, let them talk and spread stories of the poo poo we did. Killing her gets rid of a high-ranking official, sure, but MC&D probably just views her as an employee ID. We kill her, and it's just that amount less they pay in wages every pay cycle. We let her live, she talks to her coworkers. The only way we can overcome a faceless, soulless, monolithic corperation like that is making their employees too scared to leave the Dreamlands.

Aabcehmu
Apr 27, 2013

Confusion As a Natural State of Being
The day will come to exact our bloody price on MC&D's heads, when we are much more powerful and have many more friends.

For now, as Randalor says, letting them know that they face one who outshines the sun is enough.

Black August
Sep 28, 2003

The wind picks up in speed, twofold. I slowly let the gun return, keeping my tired eyes on the beach girl. She looks like poo poo, but I've learned so much by now to understand that every sign of life means the oncome of death. She struggles to move on her beach chair, the intense colors of the umbrella casting plastic shadows over her ruined skin. I size her up with the realization that she's in much worse shape than I reckoned. That pale bikini; it's stained with blood and black oils. Her skin is a pale patchwork evil of sunburns, little needle holes, weird chunks missing from bites, emaciation, sores and sand-shredded strips, and half a dozen other weird wounds that defy an easy source. I swallow yuck at the sight of how much blood and pus she's leaking, staring at her sunken red eyes and torn up carpet of soggen brown hair that drapes down so long it drags behind her. I stand up, carefully adjusting when my foot moves something under her beach chair; I glance fast and see some kind of monster bone adornment that I don't want to think about having just touched. The soggy girl coughs and blinks slowly, barely able to support her own meager weight as she struggles into a knee-shaking stand. She stands there for a good thirty seconds while I tersely wait for her reply. But she just wobbles, deadeyed. I wave my hand once, get nothing, and do it again a little faster. She reacts at last, looking surprised to see me before she smiles and says, "Hey."

Hi. I could use some help. Do you live here?

She reacts this time, coughing up blackened phlegm to reply. "Oh. Yeah. I'm the babe." That doesn't answer it, so I ask a second time; do you... is this your beach? She almost manages to look at my face, her eyes contorting as they fight against fried impulses. "Yup. I'm the babe." I shiver, forcing patience. I even feel a tiny bell nag me that I'm only a tier above her in terms of coherence myself. I bite off the little ringing color, and focus on trying to make sense of her confident declaration. You're the babe? Of this beach? "Yuh. The babe." Okay, do you know Bloodshop?

I don't expect my question to send her into a state of distress. She wobbles into a sit down, trying to vocalize shock but only able to cough. I step back and wait with a twist of anxiety, ready to blast her head clean off if I provoked the knife out of her. But she just looks at me pitifully, and starts to whisper with saltwater-rough. "Oh my God. Oh my God. I'm supposed to know. I'm supposed to but my brain got too wet with clay and it was wiped off! poo poo!" She starts to cry, having a small fit of her body clearly unable to fire all pistons without struggling to not up and drop her dead. I tense again out of my own discomfort, but the moment and mood shifts with necksnap as the lovely-wound girl smiles and slurs a reassurance, casually yanking open part of her bikini top to read something written on it, snapping it closed with a finger digging unnervingly hard into her soft skull. "Here here here. Still got a little writing right in the clay here, and it said if I check my map, I can stop crying and remember." Another beat passes. I realize I have to keep the conversation going before she decides to pass out. Stop crying? Map? The injured woman realizes I'm there again and pays more attention this time, and I feel my hair coldly spike up when I realize I can see... color? Saturation, blood and heat, moving through her skinny-sog flesh like an infection returning life. One eye bulges slightly and grows clear, some sores close up and stop weeping, flesh gains hue and softness. I focus on her voice, able to hear her vocal chords steadily gaining circulation. "Yea. I gotta go to the treehouse. It's over there." She points... roughly somewhere westward, near where I was. I look at her. She looks at me, bewildered. "You gotta come with, dude! The treehouse is always fire! They'll give me my reminders and probably hook you up. Wanna go beach with me?"

yeah, sure, fine, whatever

She does something weird when I comply. She tries to leap up for the highest five, but just stumbles hard and smashes the umbrella over, able to remain standing by leaning on the toppled pole. She throws up her hand, with pinky and thumb extended. I stare, dreaming of a shower with infinite hot water. I can't stand the idea of touching such oily-sick skin, but I force my hand out to pull her up. She's so light! It makes me uncomfortable. I let her regain her composure, while she sickly-dances with her pinky-thumb shaking. I ask if she wants to get there before nightfall, and she agrees with an excited circle-sway. "We will! We havva be there by midnight for the cool people hour. Oh, oh, I wish I could remember my name. I'm the babe." Proudly, she manages to struggle the toppled rat umbrella out of the searing sands, tossing it about half a foot away before she stumbles and I have to right her again. I really don't care for this, but I have to deliver this letter, and I need to loop safely back to the Rivergreen anyways. It just makes sense to do a full ring, properly scouting all sides of the Mountain with a guide while keeping ahead of Bleeder's corpse. Plus, I need to not let the escaped ogres see me for a while, otherwise all of my skin's sacrifice for the kobolds will be undone. I hate it, and it makes sense. Walk this terrorbright beach of rainbow-bent light with a braindead bikini babe. Sure. She has to be one of the cult to be out here, since she doesn't have the distinct glamourglare of a Fae. Instead she reeks of a darkness that's warm with topic midnight. I cast myself to her whims, dressing down to the comfortable absurd of only my longjohns, dress shirt, and shoes. Red's shroud hides my business too-casual, while also eating the worst of the intense beach heat. I have to keep my cool now. Even though I'm shook by the sight of the great dark cutoff, the bloody east, the terrible light of the beach, the awful stormgray of the Sunless sky, the judging shadow of the Mountain; visual overload sends my hands rubbing at crusty tired eyes. I suck in the hot air and wrap my fist around my biological function, demanding it remain strong in lockstep until we find the next oasis in the void. Now walk.

The soggy girl has managed to get ahead of me, making travel with a ridiculous gait that alternates between her walking all dainty and sand-foot slow, then into a wild and drunken bob-weave stumble, often into a complete collapse or pointless acrobatic fall, then into all-fours crab scrambling, then back up into a sing-song hip-wiggle strut, before it all cycles with a messed up mix with the mixed up mess. It's alluring in a creepy way, trying to understand how her body can so suddenly supply or deny the vitamin energy necessary for the motions she's fighting to make consistent. Her eyes roll and jaw hangs open in silly patterns, emotions kaleidoscope cute while her ruinous body contorts to support. I just stalk behind with my gun held for comfort, keeping eyes on the creepy bone hat she keeps managing to procure for a throw trick before it somehow hides behind her bare bikini back. Alright. Let's make it a trick, with the silver of the quick. Let me feel the flash-forward fast of I'm The Babe's insides and outs.

(!PSI ESP β) 11 [1]+[3]+[5] = 9 - Success.

The Silver Mind Shines In The Dark posted:

There. Right there, in the pureblack. Stark colorations that bleed into the shape of the cult-lit woman.

Is it a lie? Her body can barely hold itself together, her strength is Helpless.
Is it?? Because her bones are glassy fast, soggy skin able to contort with Supersonic grace.
But there all the rest says it's perfectly true, neurons spackled hive-holed. She's Dull of the brain, Fragile in the flesh, Submissive purely from being too unconscious to exert an ego, and completely damned Oblivious.

How is she alive? I know the answer, but I'm still astounded by the gross defiance. I feel bad for even thinking about shooting her, but the guilt is buried under my dark; there in the silver I remember how fluid with evil her central nervous is. She could move like a tide if she wanted. That means something, and I'm not about to test it when she seems so amicable. Help her help me, we both go home free. I keep alternating our speeds, annoyed to find that we're making perfectly good time at the weird pace of me getting way ahead, before having to chase her somehow getting much too far down the beach from me, wearing me down while worrying about how often she simply passes out or manages to land on a bent limb. Look now, to my right- there rises that great false night. Where the shimmer-beach ends, I can see the strange shadows of grass and treelines, but it fades directly into the pitch past sight. Even the Tyranny of my eyes doesn't give me more than that simple outline. I fight and ignore it, focusing on the prismatic of the hot bright sands and the increasing sense of Mana around me. What is this? I'm so tired and hot. I try to find the babe to ask her more, but she's managed to scully down to the shoreline where she's passed out contorted in the wet sands. Eugh. I can only tell she's alive because those horrible colorswells keep crawling around inside her skin. I follow down to pull her back up, grabbing on right as the tide suddenly pushes in with a hackling quickrise of the quiet waters. I'm up to my chest and struggling to walk her head above the line when I feel it. A thick dense MASS pushing around me. I snarl and pull the babe further up while kicking mad, but quickly calm down with a grunt when I realize that it's just dead rats. God, there must be hundreds of them! A thick cloud was dragged in by the tide, splashed against us. I push out of the gross swarm of drowned mousy bodies, wet tails dragging over my hands, throwing the babe onto dry ground before I drag her up back to the midline. She's lucky these sands are so soft and powdery. Why is that? They feel amazing. Sand never feels this gentle. I fluft down and bake for a minute, drying off fast while waiting for the babe to shake it off.

She isn't shaking it off... so I decide to keep dragging her down the beach with me, saving even more time. I stop after the first minute, realizing her hair is so long that I'm going to trip on it. With it wrapped around one of her arms, I rehoist her to shoulder and keep trucking along. Just your typical disgruntled wraith stealing the bikini babe of the evil beach. Evil beach... my eyes sting. Is it getting darker? Am I inside the night to my right? No. It's still there. But the light is leaving gradually as I walk north, the beach gathering hues of an even deeper saturation. It's a steady gradient shift, all of the beach before and ahead of me shifted and somehow Lordly. The sands are gone black, glittering with far too many colors. The air has a weird aurora of blacklight in it, sending saturated shadows crawling over the dunes. The waters glow with the reflection of the blacklight, and the Mountain is completely invisible behind the darkfall. Instant night time, automatic ravelight ambience. I relax and allow my senses to reach out through the beach, in order to make sense of the radical shift in scape. I feel power here. Why is that?

Magic, The Gift of Body posted:

The mitochondrial overdrive tells it true: this is a Very High Mana area. The act of magic will cost nothing, and its power will be manyfold. But any mistake, ANY fuckup in the recall and reclaim will become a disaster.

Psionics, The Gift of Mind posted:

It may as well be a great hall of the most polished silver, with how clear the mutant neurons tell it true: this is a Very High Psych area. This means effortless PSI, but any stress of the overtuned neurons could mean ruin.

Divinity, The Gift of Soul posted:

Hands are dripping wet with sweated ichor, fingertips sloshing against the membrane divine tell it true: this is a Very High Sanctity area. All miracles and prayers can be answered, but the answer might spell doom.

TYRANNY: [ X ][ X ][ X ][ X ][50%]
ANXIETY: [10%]

Clumsy, I drop the babe and stumble, needing a second to adjust to the sudden total-self forceflow I'm dropping into. This beach! These lands! Lorded and vile with colourlight! Mana is bleeding freely into the airs, cool and wet, while my neurons glitter with the Belousov-Zhabotinsky between silver and blue. The mushrooms are suspiciously quiet, but I can't corner them fast enough before I'm distracted by a shock of my hand casually dipping into the celestial fluid. I force my calm, sitting down in the warm dark sands to admire their gemglow. I prop the babe up, and look ahead down the bend to where the color is most intense, and sand hills slope up terribly high. What are those lights? As I stand to carry my cargo again, my oversensitive senses ask;

What's there, roaming the Blacklit Beach?

Regallion
Nov 11, 2012

what?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Belousov%E2%80%93Zhabotinsky_reaction

who tf knows what that is offhand? who the hell is our protag.

Randalor
Sep 4, 2011

Regallion posted:

what?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Belousov%E2%80%93Zhabotinsky_reaction

who tf knows what that is offhand? who the hell is our protag.

Do you mind explaining for those of us (read: me) too stupid to understand the Wikipedia page what you're referring to?

Black August
Sep 28, 2003

It’s just reference to the specific color visual of the chemical reaction that’s named after.

Regallion
Nov 11, 2012

Black August posted:

It’s just reference to the specific color visual of the chemical reaction that’s named after.

Yeah, cool, how would the protag know to compare it to exactly that.

Black August
Sep 28, 2003

Regallion posted:

Yeah, cool, how would the protag know to compare it to exactly that.

I dunno dude maybe because it’s flowery flavor text in a story about a fake video game where the protag has crazy psychic powers

PepperedMoth
Apr 8, 2022

Less salt, more pepper.
Kind of hoping this doesn't end up a tie between psychotic truck and not-cat (as it was at the moment I voted, whoops), because that could get real gnarly, regardless of whether it's a not-cat/truck hybrid or a not-cat driving a psychotic truck.

I'm wondering if the not-cat, if that option comes out on top, might be one of the Cats of Saturn, sworn enemies of our Ulthar allies and therefore us.

Randalor
Sep 4, 2011

PepperedMoth posted:

Kind of hoping this doesn't end up a tie between psychotic truck and not-cat (as it was at the moment I voted, whoops), because that could get real gnarly, regardless of whether it's a not-cat/truck hybrid or a not-cat driving a psychotic truck.

I'm wondering if the not-cat, if that option comes out on top, might be one of the Cats of Saturn, sworn enemies of our Ulthar allies and therefore us.

I voted for the Moloch, I figured the not-cat was a Cat of Saturn, and gently caress fighting a truck. Though I guess a Cat-Truck would be the Catbus from My Neighbor Totoro but nightmarish. Well, more nightmarish.

Grond
Mar 31, 2016
So I went to check out the map of the mountain and sure enough, looks like we have to loop around the entire thing:

Right now I believe we're closest to the Paradise megalith, so I guess that's why these lands in particular are so full of ambient mana and Blue colourlight. I believe !Paradisio also had the power to turn the battlefield into Ultrablack lands, which means we're kind of in a similar position as we were when we were fighting the Spider of Leng back in Camp. I believe back then all our HP was repaid immediately after using !Tyranny, so we might be in a good position to kill something big... as long as we don't gently caress up any rolls. I dunno does Tyranny count as a divine power? I think it did, what with all those allusions about our divine gravity and whatnot.

Well anyway, I did the only sensible thing and voted for a Moloch fight :unsmigghh:

About the Savannah... We don't know much about the area itself other than it borders with Paradise, the Salt Lones, the Interstate and I think you could encounter Blackwings there as well so, uh, yeah. Kind of a nasty place.

quote:

Weird oscillating chemical reaction

Guess I learned something new today. It kinda looks like a Mandelbrot set if you squint...

Grond fucked around with this message at 09:32 on Jul 22, 2022

Randalor
Sep 4, 2011

Could also be a good spot to deal with Doubler, dead rats aren't really known for having high HP, and just spamming our gravity aura would clear out large swaths of them.

But we're not worried about Doubler at the moment, I'm fine with leaving him be as long as he leaves us alone.

pumpinglemma
Apr 28, 2009

DD: Fondly regard abomination.

At least in ADOM, molochs are real bad news. And we’ve seen nothing to make us think the same doesn’t hold here. I agree the not-cat is very likely of Saturn, and I’d rather avoid them knowing about us for as long as possible. That leaves the monster truck, which besides seeming less dangerous than the other options might also be an easier fight on a beach specifically - tires and sand don’t mix well.

Grond
Mar 31, 2016
I mean, you ain't wrong, but on the other hand...

MOLOCH FIGHT

DARK FOR THE DARK GOD SKULLS FOR THE SKULL THRONE

Hell imagine if we could kite the loving thing into fighting Doubler or something. Though if Tyranny really does count as divine it might focus on us instead...

Grond fucked around with this message at 22:00 on Jul 21, 2022

PepperedMoth
Apr 8, 2022

Less salt, more pepper.
I mean, the truck is also a vehicle. If we can subdue it, find its keys, and toss 'em to Bleeder when next we meet, maybe it'll get him off our backs for a bit.

(Yes, I know I'm being silly.)

Hopefully Beach Bae wakes up enough to be of some help with whatever-it-is we're fighting.

t3isukone
Dec 18, 2020

13km away
The absolute dread I felt at seeing that the votes are a tie...

pumpinglemma
Apr 28, 2009

DD: Fondly regard abomination.

Moloch riding a monster truck? :ohdear:

Arcanuse
Mar 15, 2019

picturing a very, very unhappy moloch defying spacial law by fitting into the drivers seat, intending to express their anger on anyone unlucky enough to be in the way

(of course, the real danger there isn't the truck: it's the moloch popping out after the truck goes down :v:)

Black August
Sep 28, 2003

VOTING CLOSED - TOONCES, NNNNNOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!

MOLOCH - 11
CAT - 14
TRUCK - 14

...LOADING

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

#1 Jaguars Sunk Cost Fallacy-Haver
I cast the tying vote for cats, blame me for whatever comes next

Rubix Squid
Apr 17, 2014
OH NO. :frogsiren:

Black August
Sep 28, 2003

For its worth, this is the Mountain area map with the character's current travel path outlined. It's a few hours past noon with this many miles up the beach covered so far. The shallows they stuck to is the light blue just-offshore area, which is the only fully walkable water area. Any deeper is wading. They're now on the beach proper which is faster to walk, even when encumbered with body cargo. They've discovered a minor stain of Lorded Land in the Blacklit Beach area.

PepperedMoth
Apr 8, 2022

Less salt, more pepper.
oh god who gave that not-cat the keys to the psychotic truck
oh god that not-cat's not obeying any of the traffic laws or using the turn signal properly
oh god I bet that not-cat's not even insured

:nyan:

Well... at least it wasn't a three-way tie?

Assuming our beleaguered protagonist gets out of this in one piece... maybe victory here will get us some extra brownie points with the Ulthar Kitty Committee, given that both the Cats of Saturn and trucks are known enemies of terrestrial catkind. (Though I guess it isn't 100% confirmed yet that the not-cat's a Cat of Saturn; it could be some weirdo in a badly-designed cat costume.)

...huh, I wonder what a TURI is. (Cute crab pic, too! Probably high odds the protagonist is going to have to fight a much-less-cute giant enemy crab one of these days, though.)

Grond
Mar 31, 2016
broke: no moloch. Aw man, I wanted to see a Moloch :(
woke: two way tie :)
bespoke: two way tie inside a Lorded Land with a half-conscious 20DX character and Doubler looming in the background :getin:

quote:

map

Ah, I thought the entire mountain lake was shallow. Good to know

Also I just kinda realized the insane synergy Dancer has with her own Lorded Land... She has a lot of luck so her rolls almost never fail, she crits a lot and her land makes it so that all magic and divine rolls are free as long as they don't fail, so she can continue to throw all sorts of crazy poo poo without having to care about depleting resources. So the obvious solution would be to fight her outside the Pools Paradisio to at least survive the onslaught to try to tire her out... Except one of her powers also turns her surroundings into Ultrablack. So in practice you're always going to fight her inside her Lorded Land.

I dunno I guess she's busted. Like you either nuke her or you somehow have to be faster than her and not fail any roll.

Grond fucked around with this message at 14:49 on Jul 22, 2022

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

Can we Doom Dancer somehow

OneWingedDevil
Aug 27, 2012
If I remember correctly, Dancer has never been beaten with the exception of destroying all the backup. If they're all dead, she kills herself instead.

Makes her more of a puzzle boss than one you're supposed to take down in a straight fight. Though I could be wrong, I feel like there was a mention of a run ended right before Dancer died due to a map-sized Bleeder coming in at 700 kph and destroying the Tyrant. So maybe it is possible for a build to take her down directly?

Grond
Mar 31, 2016
...which funnily enough seems to be consistent with that bit about Dancer having some utterly insane luck doesn't it.

I don't remember reading about a Dancer kill in any of the Legendary runs we've got but I don't think I've read about her being straight up impossible to beat in a straight fight either now that I think of it. I guess you'd just need a lot of luck yourself...

But if she locks herself up in her megalith then yeah, I think the Blue Book said that in that case you can't really reach her except by making her kill herself via genociding the Backup. I believe we could get to her even in that state in this particular run though, since we have the keys to Paradise. But this run is not exactly normal.

Grond fucked around with this message at 16:46 on Jul 22, 2022

Aabcehmu
Apr 27, 2013

Confusion As a Natural State of Being
We promised not to kill any of the Backup, didn’t we?

Randalor
Sep 4, 2011

No one has also reached Dancer without killing at least one of her Backup either, and we seem to be doing good on that end. Granted, she also explicitly asked us to spare the Backup, in a possibly-dummied out conversation, so maybe she's a puzzle boss in the sense of "The solution is to not be a murder-hobo, for gently caress's sake".

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CoolCab
Apr 17, 2005

glem
she wants us dead now too, although she doesn't know that we're us. dancers are her family but the other lords seem to be her friends, except bleeder. now.