Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Elliptical Dick
Oct 11, 2008

I made the bald man cry
into the turtle stew

whostolemyhat posted:

So Barca's strikers are now a 33 year old, a 34 year old and a former Middlesbrough player? Not only are they spending money they don't have, they're not even spending it well

Don't forget about the perpetually overrated Memphis

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chas McGill
Oct 29, 2010

loves Fat Philippe
Honestly baffled by Barca's transfer dealings. It's going to bite them so hard.

Vegetable
Oct 22, 2010

I totally forgot that Barca still has Auba, albeit on somewhat reasonable wages (€95k a week if reports are right). A frontline of him and Lewandowski does seem pretty formidable.

Elliptical Dick
Oct 11, 2008

I made the bald man cry
into the turtle stew

Chas McGill posted:

Honestly baffled by Barca's transfer dealings. It's going to bite them so hard.

I for one am looking forward to the destruction of this iteration of FC Barcelona because gently caress whatever travesty of a club this is supposed to be.

A Buffer Gay Dude
Oct 25, 2020

Elliptical Dick posted:

Don't forget about the perpetually overrated Memphis

Men piss da gay lmao

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

haven’t seen much of frenkie, is he actually worth all the hassle or are there gonna be some lols when he’s barely an upgrade on mctominay

Jippa
Feb 13, 2009
Spurs are now being linked with maddison. I would normally ignore this but it seems Leicester really need to sell.

https://www.leicestermercury.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/leicester-city-brendan-rodgers-transfers-7341949

the sex ghost
Sep 6, 2009
Spurs having their best transfer window since the last one. This is their year

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

and then the car turned in to fire

the sex ghost posted:

Spurs having their best transfer window since the last one. This is their year

Will make Conte whining about transfers for the next 6 months all the better.

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

https://twitter.com/ManUtd/status/1548669013273747457

He bold

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

I won't believe it until he's holding up a very ugly shirt.

FullLeatherJacket
Dec 30, 2004

Chiunque può essere Luther Blissett, semplicemente adottando il nome Luther Blissett

doing the somali pirate / tom hanks bit but I'm in an ajax shirt

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY

Subject to a medical? Terms being finalized? Mods?????

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

blue footed boobie posted:

Subject to a medical? Terms being finalized? Mods?????

Harsh, but fair

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Xabi
Jan 21, 2006

Inventor of the Marmite pasty
Sounds like italics at best IMHO.

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

Xabi posted:

Sounds like italics at best IMHO.

https://twitter.com/MarcusRashford/status/1548681835034583040

If it's good enough for Marcus it's good enough for me!!

the sex ghost
Sep 6, 2009
rip im sorry

nawilo_420
Nov 24, 2021
Probation
Can't post for 20 days!
lots of reports about Memphis to Spurs lmao

Doctor Teeth
Sep 12, 2008

https://twitter.com/FabrizioRomano/status/1548753910743064583

Loving Africa Chaps
Dec 3, 2007

We had not left it yet, but when I would wake in the night, I would lie, listening, homesick for it already.

I'm a bit late to the discussion but I can't believe Barca are getting away with this. It's like that this week in Tory bloke who begged for donations for his leccy bill then posted about how great his new Tesla was.

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

Please buy a CB or two Juve jfc

NinpoEspiritoSanto
Oct 22, 2013

Sandwolf posted:

Up pops a smiling Harry Maguire (before falling down and dragging you down with him conceding a comedy goal/penalty)

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer

Loving Africa Chaps posted:

I'm a bit late to the discussion but I can't believe Barca are getting away with this. It's like that this week in Tory bloke who begged for donations for his leccy bill then posted about how great his new Tesla was.

What lol

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

Sandwolf posted:

no

tbp
Mar 1, 2008

DU WIRST NIEMALS ALLEINE MARSCHIEREN
will bremer finally move

trem_two
Oct 22, 2002

it is better if you keep saying I'm fat, as I will continue to score goals
Fun Shoe

tbp posted:

will bremer finally move

we should know whether he's going to Inter (probably) or Juve tomorrow, if the rumors are right

Ziggy Tzardust
Apr 7, 2006
https://twitter.com/talksport/status/1549006570494857217?s=21&t=y3fVuycQf6MVyJP8GnyKEg

I’ve been burned by big talk of West Ham transfers before but if this trio happens it’ll be great. Still talk of Scamacca as well

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
Psg just signed Hugo ekitike so might not be after scamacca now

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

and then the car turned in to fire
https://twitter.com/FabrizioRomano/status/1548931928316862465

Can't believe Mou pulled that off. Well done to the Roma staff if/when this happens. I wonder if he moved on his salary demands or if they are gonna actually meet what he requested. Surely that opens the door for Zaniolo to go somewhere.

Eric Cantonese
Dec 21, 2004

You should hear my accent.
Why didn't Lingard move to West Ham earlier? It seemed like such a good fit and it wasn't like Man-U wanted to keep him.

NinpoEspiritoSanto
Oct 22, 2013

Eric Cantonese posted:

Why didn't Lingard move to West Ham earlier? It seemed like such a good fit and it wasn't like Man-U wanted to keep him.

Ole did, then he got sacked.

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

Eric Cantonese posted:

He got Ronaldo-fever and wanted to fight for his spot

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

TheRat posted:

He got Ronaldo-fever and wanted to fight for his spot

He did have that lovely assist in the Champions League, a precise, defense-splitting through ball...

Doctor Teeth
Sep 12, 2008

kinda surprised by this one

https://twitter.com/FabrizioRomano/status/1549103823758757890

sourdough
Apr 30, 2012

Very happy with it, he's looked good whenever I've seen him play, and it's hard to overstate how big a step down it was from Tierney to Tavares

Vinestalk
Jul 2, 2011
Guy has the highest SPF per 90 in the league

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

sourdough posted:

Very happy with it, he's looked good whenever I've seen him play, and it's hard to overstate how big a step down it was from Tierney to Tavares

What if I told you Farteta is going to play him in his natural position as an attacking midfielder?

sourdough
Apr 30, 2012

Shrapnig posted:

What if I told you Farteta is going to play him in his natural position as an attacking midfielder?

lol, but the talk I saw was he'd play defensive mid too (maybe), which also sounds good

Doctor Teeth
Sep 12, 2008

i guess that means city will start making bids for cucurella

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vegetable
Oct 22, 2010

He’ll likely play central midfield the most, rotating with Xhaka or replacing Partey. All the other central midfielders are real bad.

But his flexibility at left back is massive because of how frequently injured Tierney is. I think he’ll be a terrific signing.