Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

pantslesswithwolves
Oct 28, 2008

Radical 90s Wizard posted:

Hell yea JK 2 with the dismemberment cheat on is still the best lightsaber combat in any game. Slowing time to wallrun past a dude with your saber just held out at neck level and look back to see him topple over in slow mo never got old imo.

Helpusobi 1
Saberrealisticcombat 1

:black101:

Bonus points if you used console commands to load a multiplayer level into SP and then fly around the map adding in impossible numbers of Reborn and stormtroopers to fight with as you reenacted the prequels.

Feeling the need to buy this bundle so I can party like it's 2002 all over again.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FrozenVent
May 1, 2009

The Boeing 737-200QC is the undisputed workhorse of the skies.
Police Quest: SWAT is still boring as gently caress.

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

should have picked four fingers

FrozenVent posted:

You're meant to breach the classroom

Icon Of Sin
Dec 26, 2008

Comrade Blyatlov posted:

You're meant to breach the classroom

:drat:

M_Gargantua
Oct 16, 2006

STOMP'N ON INTO THE POWERLINES

Exciting Lemon
Cops :acab:

Hyrax Attack!
Jan 13, 2009

We demand to be taken seriously

FrozenVent posted:

Police Quest: run of the mill Sierra adventure

Police Quest II: more of the same but with diving, with bright neon hair for the Japanese port

Police Quest III: pretty good and I have a soft spot as it was one of the first adventure games I played through with a cousin so anything seemed possible. Nowhere near gems like Sam & Max or Indiana Jones, and some of the traffic stops have iffy racial stereotypes (and your female partner turns out to be working for the drug dealing murder cult) but still above average. Hilarious death animations.

Police Quest IV: utter trash, brought to you by disgraced LAPD chief Daryl Gates. Painfully generic hero who would have been considered underdeveloped if his only role was standing in the background of a Law & Order season 20 ep. Plot was written by someone from America’s Most Wanted so reviewers noted Black character dialogue was lifted from Amos 'n' Andy and the male serial killer dons a wig & dress to show how evil he is. Oddly the only game I know of where you can get a game over for sexual harassment if you don’t stop clicking on female officers.

Police Quest SWAT: possibly worse than IV as at least that was a game. A mess of FMV and nearly uncontrollable characters and baffling missions (I think 3 in total?) try to click past a briefing you’ve already seen and you get yelled at.

SWAT 2: oddly kinda good, offers a chance to either be the LAPD or a cult for the campaign mode. Cops have much better equipment, training, and vehicles but must follow procedure and often the highest score is only possible if no shots are fired and nobody is hurt, which for this series is progressive. Cult has mostly untrained manpower but far more freedom and it’s fun to stall police negotiators while moving hostages out the back of the hospital. Ugly to look at and had serious bugs but overall ambitious and ok.

SWAT 3: I barely played this one but heard it was good and similar to rainbow 6.

SWAT 4: not only best in series but highly regarded in the history of PC gaming. Lead your 4 person squad on well crafted missions with good AI, challenge, and tension. Multiplayer was excellent as you could sneak up on the opposing team and arrest them for extra points. Top tier.

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

i played the poo poo outta PQ 1-4

i liked the OG version of 1 the most tbh

pantslesswithwolves
Oct 28, 2008

Hyrax Attack! posted:

SWAT 4: not only best in series but highly regarded in the history of PC gaming. Lead your 4 person squad on well crafted missions with good AI, challenge, and tension. Multiplayer was excellent as you could sneak up on the opposing team and arrest them for extra points. Top tier.

Ready or Not is the spiritual successor to SWAT4- I think Vahakalya posted about it some months back- and the gameplay keeps getting better with each update. That said, it seems like the developers (who are in NZ and not the US) keep stepping on their dicks by doing things like releasing a map about active shooters attacking a nightclub on the anniversary of the 2016 Pulse nightclub massacre.

Hyrax Attack!
Jan 13, 2009

Nostalgia4Butts posted:

i played the poo poo outta PQ 1-4

i liked the OG version of 1 the most tbh

Oh yeah couldn’t you type “remove clothes” and if you’re anywhere other than the locker room it’s game over?

Anyone play Blue Force? It’s pretty much Police Quest 2.5, I remember you could die in like four mouse clicks upon starting the game if you tried to clean your loaded gun.

pantslesswithwolves posted:

Ready or Not is the spiritual successor to SWAT4- I think Vahakalya posted about it some months back- and the gameplay keeps getting better with each update. That said, it seems like the developers (who are in NZ and not the US) keep stepping on their dicks by doing things like releasing a map about active shooters attacking a nightclub on the anniversary of the 2016 Pulse nightclub massacre.

I hadn’t heard of that, does sound good (gameplay wise not the badly thought out map.)

FrozenVent
May 1, 2009

Things that could get you game over in PQ1:
Not walking around your car before getting in
Not locking up your gun at the jail
Not remembering what to call your nightstick

Things that have gotten me in trouble in SWAT:
Not clicking fast enough
Clicking too fast
Not flagging team members

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

FrozenVent posted:

i thought of this every time i did PMCS

Hyrax Attack!
Jan 13, 2009

FrozenVent posted:

Not locking up your gun at the jail
Not remembering what to call your nightstick

Lol yeah. Also “when skipping the poker game you need to win to advance the plot, do you want to auto-win or auto-lose” and picking “lose.”

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Hi there, would you like to try some spicy products?

In case you haven't been keeping up with Eve, poo poo is absolutely off the loving rails.

If you have the time and patience, you can start in the new Eve-thread, around July 11th or so.
https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=4006027

There is no tl;dr that really does it justice, but this post sums up the state of affairs pretty accurately.

The Shortest Path posted:

Eve goons are having a skeleton unearthing competition and Tinal shows up with a loving excavator

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns
if the murder and iranian exfiltration thing ends up checking out, that motherfucker is going right into the CE thread

... yes somehow there's something about murder and some random loving iranian thing somehow involved on the edges of goonfleet/eve poo poo, the depths of depravity being revealed is something else

you can probably skip the longfuck posts, you'll know the good (read: bad) once if they caught a perma or lots of emptyquotes

Into the Breach: Enhanced Edition on Tuesday!

pantslesswithwolves
Oct 28, 2008

Duzzy Funlop posted:

In case you haven't been keeping up with Eve, poo poo is absolutely off the loving rails.

If you have the time and patience, you can start in the new Eve-thread, around July 11th or so.
https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=4006027

There is no tl;dr that really does it justice, but this post sums up the state of affairs pretty accurately.

Idea: Goons form a global coalition and sink an ungodly amount of time and real-world money to become the best faction in Space Spreadsheet Simulator
Reality: what the gently caress did I just read :psypop:

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
loving goons.

I've been playing Power Wash Simulator. No, I don't know why.

Syrian Lannister
Aug 25, 2007

Oh, did I kill him too?
I've been a very busy little man.

Sugartime Jones

CRUSTY MINGE posted:

loving goons.

Same it's relaxing. Except when you have to hunt for dirty wood trim pieces.

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
Crouch all the way down and look underneath trim.

mlmp08
Jul 11, 2004

Prepare for my priapic projectile's exalted penetration
Nap Ghost
FTX recovery DLC.

MPA ops challenge mode.

Syrian Lannister
Aug 25, 2007

Oh, did I kill him too?
I've been a very busy little man.

Sugartime Jones
Playground had a trim piece on the ground that I spent a good hour looking for

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
Trying to get the soccer ball up the slide is such a pain in the rear end on playground. I got bored trying to do it, thinking I'd go back to it after some washing, forgot.

The mars rover was frustrating because the booted wheel hub didn't want to register as clean. Tried every angle for about 10 minutes, then it randomly popped clean while I was working on the secret hatch.

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

House Flipper is pretty good for chilling out except the unease that grows as you bolt strange alien equipment to the walls

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
I play Gold Rush: The Game occasionally for some relaxing driving of heavy equipment. Yet again, a Unity game.

Also Lawn Mowing Simulator.

E: I started the skatepark. Good god drat this is going to eat my afternoon whole.

CRUSTY MINGE fucked around with this message at 20:16 on Jul 17, 2022

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Hi there, would you like to try some spicy products?

CRUSTY MINGE posted:

loving goons.

God loving drat, that game is satisfying/addictive.

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
Yeah, it's pretty satisfying. Or I'm more german and less manx/english than I thought.

FrozenVent
May 1, 2009

Someone got me started on Stellaris.

That game is a time travel machine. Where did all my time go? No idea. But man, check out this space fleet!

…or that pile of debris idk

Hyrax Attack!
Jan 13, 2009

FrozenVent posted:

That game is a time travel machine. Where did all my time go? No idea. But man, check out this space fleet!

Apparently the Star Trek mod for that is the best Star Trek game ever

Carteret
Nov 10, 2012

The weird story going on in the background of Power Wash Simulator really goes places

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

should have picked four fingers

Hyrax Attack! posted:

I would like to know more

bird food bathtub
Aug 9, 2003

College Slice
My favorite run of Stellaris was a species of sentient fungus that originated on the blasted nuclear hellscape of their tomb world home planet and harbored a resentment for all other life because of it. So they would go full exterminatus on everyone else's planets then colonize the now-hospitable blasted nuclear hellscapes they had made.

Worked pretty good and they colonized a lot of the galaxy, until they decided to ascend from this plane of existence by using star crackers on most of it to make exotic matter fuel for their ascension engine.

Icon Of Sin
Dec 26, 2008

bird food bathtub posted:

My favorite run of Stellaris was a species of sentient fungus that originated on the blasted nuclear hellscape of their tomb world home planet and harbored a resentment for all other life because of it. So they would go full exterminatus on everyone else's planets then colonize the now-hospitable blasted nuclear hellscapes they had made.

Worked pretty good and they colonized a lot of the galaxy, until they decided to ascend from this plane of existence by using star crackers on most of it to make exotic matter fuel for their ascension engine.

Sounds orky, I love it :orks:

Steezo
Jun 16, 2003
Now go away, or I shall taunt you a second time!

Carteret posted:

The weird story going on in the background of Power Wash Simulator really goes places

I've been playing a lot of Tarkov lately. If you want weird stories try to follow what Mechanic is doing with all the stuff he sends you out to get and I don't mean the cartons of cigarettes.

Jeager quests can go gently caress off and die though.

Hyrax Attack!
Jan 13, 2009

Comrade Blyatlov posted:

I would like to know more

I believe it is this one: https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=688086068

I haven't played it but heard good things and the screenshots look rad

Arrath
Apr 14, 2011

Hyrax Attack! posted:

It's the best thing since Birth of the Federation, yes.

Carteret posted:

This is a troll. It has to be. How can power wash simulator have a plot lol.

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur

Arrath posted:

This is a troll. It has to be. How can power wash simulator have a plot lol.

Less a plot, more just humorous nonsense in text messages and graffiti. The tagging on the side of the forest cottage is mildly amusing.

Nuclear Tourist
Apr 7, 2005

FrozenVent posted:

Once every few months I get an urge to dive into one of those super crunchy space empire sims like Stellaris or Endless Space 2. Then I start watching how to play videos, and I usually get about five minutes in before I go "you know what, I think I'm good actually"

Carteret
Nov 10, 2012

CRUSTY MINGE posted:

Less a plot, more just humorous nonsense in text messages and graffiti. The tagging on the side of the forest cottage is mildly amusing.

Lol you'll see

Hyrax Attack!
Jan 13, 2009

Nuclear Tourist posted:

Once every few months I get an urge to dive into one of those super crunchy space empire sims like Stellaris or Endless Space 2. Then I start watching how to play videos, and I usually get about five minutes in before I go "you know what, I think I'm good actually"

True, although it is fun to watch a video of someone who got every performance enhancing mod to work running it at max settings

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur

Carteret posted:

Lol you'll see

Yeah, I'm sure I will.

I finished the fire station this morning without using the scaffolding. And then I did the penny farthing for the achievement.

Maybe I'm misremembering but I swear I saw a star of david graffiti tag on skatepark.

E:

CRUSTY MINGE fucked around with this message at 20:58 on Jul 18, 2022

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns
Into the Breach is so loving good, I happened to have a few coins to unlock one of the new mech packs (there are five!!!!) and two hours immediately disappeared. I don't know what the gently caress happened.

Also, I had an earworm of a song stuck in my head this week and I would've bet money it was from Battletech. Nope, brain subconsciously knew it was time for the Breach soundtrack.