Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

BiggerBoat
Sep 26, 2007

Don't you tell me my business again.

Judge Schnoopy posted:

I regret to inform you that my dad, a fox news consumer, says the jan 6 Committee opens the door to political investigation theater where Republicans will simply jail all the Democrats when they gain power. The committee was illegitimate the second they didn't let Republicans place persons of interest like Jordan on the panel investigating the crime he was involved in.

And Cassidy was fake news, she got every detail wrong about the one portion of her testimony regarding trump in the secret service car and nobody is corroborating it, so everything else she said is wrong too.

And all the Republican testimony they keep using as evidence? People trying to win politically, telling "half truths" under oath, with their messages being twisted by the committee to sell Democrat votes.

Sorry y'all pack it in the country appears to be over. Crimes committed by politicians cannot be prosecuted by the government because it's too political.

1. If HAS been corroborated. It's also just about the least damaging and inconsequential piece of testimony from a legal standpoint and hardly anyone cares.
2. Trying to win politically how? Half truths why? Why not just take the 5th?

What are your dad's thoughts on Benghazi and Hunter Biden's laptop? Does he think the election was stolen? What is his opinion on Obama's birth certificate and one Soros, George?

It's crazy how one has to believe that every single solitary person in Trump's inner circle, every reporter, every lawyer, every judge and every member of congress is LYING. For some reason. Everyone except for Trump, for whom there are hours and hours of video and audio where he just makes poo poo up and lies constantly.

Selectively edited deepfakes, obviously.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.
Having tried to read poo poo on the hunter tapes. Wtf are they even talking about. Like most of it is sex tapes or him high as gently caress and blowing dad’s money used to help him get rehab or trying to get cushy board jobs because of daddy’s name and then being a dick when he gets someone pregnant and texts of his dad saying he still loves him. Like tragic/funny failson dipshit poo poo. Meanwhile my uncle thinks it’s a loving goldmine and proves hunter is some mastermind.

Madkal
Feb 11, 2008

Fallen Rib
You know how Trump's kids greatfully benefitted by nepotism when he was in the office to the point that one of his own kids was given a government advisor title which just meant tax payer money went to paying her and what bullshit that is. Well dumbfucks favourite way of defending there orange idol is by accusing the opposition of all the poo poo he has done and they think Hunter is somehow worse than all the poo poo Trump's unloved children have done.

BiggerBoat
Sep 26, 2007

Noted secretary of state and ambassador to Israel, Hunter Biden

mdemone
Mar 14, 2001

I've been talking a lot with my therapist about the dynamic of projection, which prior to maybe 2013 or so, I did not really believe was a way in which people could behave. Like, I knew what it was, but it always seemed like a relic of psychological theories from the past, Freudian stuff and whatever.

The last decade of watching projection play out in my personal life as well as on small and large scales in society....well, it's been a hell of an eye-opening experience.

Are we particularly susceptible to it in modern times? Is it more easily recognized now? What the hell is wrong with people?

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

This does not make sense when, again, aggregate indicia also indicate improvements. The belief that things are worse is false. It remains false.
What we see as projection from people like Trump isn't necessarily projection so much as setting up a preemptive defense.

mdemone
Mar 14, 2001

Discendo Vox posted:

What we see as projection from people like Trump isn't necessarily projection so much as setting up a preemptive defense.

I would argue that those are not meaningfully different from the perspective of the projector.

XboxPants
Jan 30, 2006

Steven doesn't want me watching him sleep anymore.

mdemone posted:

I've been talking a lot with my therapist about the dynamic of projection, which prior to maybe 2013 or so, I did not really believe was a way in which people could behave. Like, I knew what it was, but it always seemed like a relic of psychological theories from the past, Freudian stuff and whatever.

The last decade of watching projection play out in my personal life as well as on small and large scales in society....well, it's been a hell of an eye-opening experience.

Are we particularly susceptible to it in modern times? Is it more easily recognized now? What the hell is wrong with people?

We're very vulnerable to it, and I'd even say it plays a big role in society at large. Take this study:
https://www.eurekalert.org/news-releases/957305

quote:

Interestingly, the present study reveals that people with low socio-economic status perceive more ‘anomie’ in society than people with a higher one, which in turn explains why they also trust politics less.

This is a very broad overgeneralization, but basically, my takeaway is that if your life sucks and is falling apart, you're more likely to assume society in general sucks and is falling apart. It's kinda the opposite of the bias that a rich white privileged man has when they assume that since all they had to do to succeed is put in a little effort, that means that's true for everyone, and poors just aren't trying.

People just kinda assume that the things that are true in their life are probably the same everywhere without really questioning it. Unless you do make an effort to question it. Is that projection? I'd say it's related, at least.

So, take an example. COVID, last few years. Maybe it's loving up your life, so you feel like society is falling apart around you. But, it's not. Or, at least, the government didn't create COVID. Vaccines aren't a government plot to poison you. But you feel like you're hurting, therefore someone must be hurting you, it's the gov't's job to keep you safe, so clearly they're failing, how can you trust them?

I'm not sure why this is related to J6 but it's an interesting topic to me. I guess the general idea is that you can appeal to low-income demos by saying that government can't be trusted. A classic.

mdemone
Mar 14, 2001

I think there's a real difference between the alienation of late capitalism, which everyone feels to some degree, and the willingness to create your own reality so strongly that you naturally impose it on other people without being aware of it yourself.

I don't know where that gap is, but it's somewhere between the two.

Xander77
Apr 6, 2009

Fuck it then. For another pit sandwich and some 'tater salad, I'll post a few more.

Madkal posted:

You know how Trump's kids greatfully benefitted by nepotism when he was in the office to the point that one of his own kids was given a government advisor title which just meant tax payer money went to paying her and what bullshit that is. Well dumbfucks favourite way of defending there orange idol is by accusing the opposition of all the poo poo he has done and they think Hunter is somehow worse than all the poo poo Trump's unloved children have done.
Don't forget about how Biden showered with his daughter and can't stop talking about how much he wants to gently caress her

yronic heroism
Oct 31, 2008

XboxPants posted:

I'm not sure why this is related to J6 but it's an interesting topic to me. I guess the general idea is that you can appeal to low-income demos by saying that government can't be trusted. A classic.

The core of Trump’s base isn’t low income though, and I don’t know that things would be that different looking at J6era who at the very least had the resources to take a trip to DC on the whim of their Golden One.

I wouldn’t be surprised if their personal lives are garbage fires aside from income, however.

edit: https://starwars.fandom.com/wiki/Golden_One/Legends

yronic heroism fucked around with this message at 22:25 on Jul 17, 2022

BiggerBoat
Sep 26, 2007

mdemone posted:

I've been talking a lot with my therapist about the dynamic of projection...

Everything and, no, it's not modern.

It's kind of like if you're a thief and prone to steal, you think that everyone is out to rip you off and you need to always lock up your poo poo. If you're an adulterer or a habitual liar, that's your lens/framework and you think everyone else is just like you so your wife is always cheating on you unless you monitor her 24/7 and on one ever tells you the truth. If all you care about is money and are greedy or willing to sell your soul, anyone you do business with is automatically like that.

Because that's what YOU WOULD DO so everyone else would too.

In its own way, it's kind of a form of empathy only completely twisted around. It's why sociopaths make such great businessmen.

mdemone
Mar 14, 2001

I've stolen, lied, and cheated, but I never once thought that everyone else was doing it. I knew it was wrong and did it anyway without feeling the need to blame anyone else but myself. I mean, I know other people are also doing those things all over the world, but that's not, like, *why* I did it.

It just fundamentally does not make sense to me.

Main Paineframe
Oct 27, 2010

Dapper_Swindler posted:

Having tried to read poo poo on the hunter tapes. Wtf are they even talking about. Like most of it is sex tapes or him high as gently caress and blowing dad’s money used to help him get rehab or trying to get cushy board jobs because of daddy’s name and then being a dick when he gets someone pregnant and texts of his dad saying he still loves him. Like tragic/funny failson dipshit poo poo. Meanwhile my uncle thinks it’s a loving goldmine and proves hunter is some mastermind.

You've probably read more about the Hunter tapes than your uncle has. Your uncle doesn't really give a poo poo - he wants to hear bad things about Biden, so when Fox or r/maga or whatever tells him that Biden did bad things, he's happy to hear it and doesn't bother to look at the details. And "politician did corrupt favors for their relatives" is one of those stereotypical politician things that people are generally primed to assume is true in the first place.

Lucasar
Jan 25, 2005

save a few for lefty too

Main Paineframe posted:

You've probably read more about the Hunter tapes than your uncle has. Your uncle doesn't really give a poo poo - he wants to hear bad things about Biden, so when Fox or r/maga or whatever tells him that Biden did bad things, he's happy to hear it and doesn't bother to look at the details. And "politician did corrupt favors for their relatives" is one of those stereotypical politician things that people are generally primed to assume is true in the first place.

In fairness I just take it on word of mouth that Trump actually did any given stupid thing. The hearings are nice confirmation that the most flagrant stupid/evil thing he did is something he actually did, but if somebody told me some made-up thing about Trump, like he has to have somebody tie his tie for him, I would be inclined to believe it and also disinclined to check it.

Xiahou Dun
Jul 16, 2009

We shall dive down through black abysses... and in that lair of the Deep Ones we shall dwell amidst wonder and glory forever.

Lucasar posted:

In fairness I just take it on word of mouth that Trump actually did any given stupid thing. The hearings are nice confirmation that the most flagrant stupid/evil thing he did is something he actually did, but if somebody told me some made-up thing about Trump, like he has to have somebody tie his tie for him, I would be inclined to believe it and also disinclined to check it.

My actual guess is he has ties that are already knotted and then tightens/straightens them. I’m miles from a tie-expert but he basically has the same thing you’d do to your 7 year old cousin for a wedding.

Captain_Maclaine
Sep 30, 2001

Every moment that I'm alive, I pray for death!

Xiahou Dun posted:

My actual guess is he has ties that are already knotted and then tightens/straightens them. I’m miles from a tie-expert but he basically has the same thing you’d do to your 7 year old cousin for a wedding.

He uses scotch tape to keep them together.

mdemone
Mar 14, 2001

I tie my own ties. But I also loosen and take them off, reusing the knot multiple times.

I am not ashamed.

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

I forgot to post my food for USPOL Thanksgiving but that's okay too!

Fallen Rib
When I joined the military I did not know how to tie a tie. A guy in my basic training flight did it for me. I did not untie that tie for 5 years.

SalTheBard fucked around with this message at 13:03 on Jul 18, 2022

mdemone
Mar 14, 2001

SalTheBard posted:

When I joined the military I did not know how to tie a tie. A guy in my magic training flight did it for me. I did not untie that tie for 5 years.

:golfclap:

That's a hell of a tie knot soldier

Bucky Fullminster
Apr 13, 2007

mdemone posted:

Same. Personal experiences with narcissistic abuse really helped me recognise what was going on.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Madkal posted:

i assumed it was that but i was never sure. like hunter is probably a piece of poo poo but he always seemed like more of a pathetic sorta pitiable shithead who had a bunch of traumatic poo poo happen around him and also black sheep and will basicaly either continuing imploding until he dies like my one uncle OR recovers somehow. i guess i find the "he is a secret mastermind" poo poo funny.

Main Paineframe posted:

my uncle is a dumb piece of poo poo who thinks he is a very smart and basically swallows all the "trump big brain 3d chess player" unironically, he bitches about gas but also spends alot of days with craft beer poo poo and wants to do some giant multy state tour of day drinking. gently caress him, wish he never met my aunt.

i only did a casual perusal of the stuff but its all either weirdly sad or lol, like the impeachment shows next year are just gonna be vague bullshit and probably with the attempt to push hunter into killing himself and will probably end up helping bidens favorably because it did the same for clinton and even trump.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Lucasar posted:

i think the funniest thing is his whole plan really was just have some 80/90s comedy ending like billy madison or big daddy where the evil squares who hate him and want to gently caress him out of everything get owned by some wayne knight looking chuds and everyone claps for trump.

Murgos
Oct 21, 2010

mdemone posted:

I tie my own ties. But I also loosen and take them off, reusing the knot multiple times.

I am not ashamed.

Same. If I don’t have a tied tie ready then I can do a half Windsor from memory after an attempt or two but anything else I have to look up on the internet.

kartikeya
Mar 17, 2009

Dapper_Swindler posted:

i assumed it was that but i was never sure. like hunter is probably a piece of poo poo but he always seemed like more of a pathetic sorta pitiable shithead who had a bunch of traumatic poo poo happen around him and also black sheep and will basicaly either continuing imploding until he dies like my one uncle OR recovers somehow. i guess i find the "he is a secret mastermind" poo poo funny.

my uncle is a dumb piece of poo poo who thinks he is a very smart and basically swallows all the "trump big brain 3d chess player" unironically, he bitches about gas but also spends alot of days with craft beer poo poo and wants to do some giant multy state tour of day drinking. gently caress him, wish he never met my aunt.

i only did a casual perusal of the stuff but its all either weirdly sad or lol, like the impeachment shows next year are just gonna be vague bullshit and probably with the attempt to push hunter into killing himself and will probably end up helping bidens favorably because it did the same for clinton and even trump.

ngl, I can't find the Hunter conspiracies/lies funny precisely because - whether or not he's an rear end in a top hat, I dunno - I genuinely do worry it's going to push him into self harm or ODing or some poo poo. Dude's got trauma and seems to be entirely aware that he's a failson (as opposed to his now dead brother), and the entirety of the right-wing media apparatus is dedicated to repeatedly trying to use him to hurt his father, either by twisting what poo poo is there, or just making things up, with half the country convinced he's some gross supervillain as they pass around nudes, real or faked. It's obscenely cruel.

Randalor
Sep 4, 2011

kartikeya posted:

ngl, I can't find the Hunter conspiracies/lies funny precisely because - whether or not he's an rear end in a top hat, I dunno - I genuinely do worry it's going to push him into self harm or ODing or some poo poo. Dude's got trauma and seems to be entirely aware that he's a failson (as opposed to his now dead brother), and the entirety of the right-wing media apparatus is dedicated to repeatedly trying to use him to hurt his father, either by twisting what poo poo is there, or just making things up, with half the country convinced he's some gross supervillain as they pass around nudes, real or faked. It's obscenely cruel.

It honestly wouldn't surprise me if pushing Hunter to the point of suicide is the entire point just to hurt Biden. It's honestly the only reason I can think of for why they keep dredging up the laptop story.

Aztec Galactus
Sep 12, 2002

Memorizing the freckles on Hunter Biden's dick to own the libs

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018

Dubar posted:

Memorizing the freckles on Hunter Biden's dick to own the libs

You have to connect the dots to reveal the true identity of Q

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Randalor posted:

It honestly wouldn't surprise me if pushing Hunter to the point of suicide is the entire point just to hurt Biden. It's honestly the only reason I can think of for why they keep dredging up the laptop story.

That’s partly my guess.

kartikeya posted:

Yeah and it’s only gonna get worse when they take the house this year probably(too small a majority to hold realistically though senate still has a good shot of being held but that’s for the other thread) it’s gonna be going after hunter 24/7 and I am sure it will be part of the “vengeance” impeachment run by gym Jordan and gaetz and whoever.

Gucci Loafers
May 20, 2006

Ask yourself, do you really want to talk to pair of really nice gaudy shoes?

kartikeya posted:

As far as I'm aware, he's a successful business guy with some issues that really aren't completely out of the ordinary? He's not a deadbeat dad, doesn't drive drunk, seriously hurt or killed anyone. Sure, I guess having sex for money while doing drugs is probably unhealthy but the end of the day it his life.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Crosby B. Alfred posted:

As far as I'm aware, he's a successful business guy with some issues that really aren't completely out of the ordinary? He's not a deadbeat dad, doesn't drive drunk, seriously hurt or killed anyone. Sure, I guess having sex for money while doing drugs is probably unhealthy but the end of the day it his life.

i mean thats what i got.

the next one is tomarrow at prime time correct.

Fuschia tude
Dec 26, 2004

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2019

Dapper_Swindler posted:

i mean thats what i got.

the next one is tomarrow at prime time correct.

Thursday. And the committee is saying more might be coming after it.

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018

Crosby B. Alfred posted:

To clarify, I think he was the one paying for the sex

Dietrich
Sep 11, 2001

Failed Imagineer posted:

Which the GOP now has a problem with. When trump did it, that was fine.

Jaxyon
Mar 7, 2016
I’m just saying I would like to see a man beat a woman in a cage. Just to be sure.

mdemone posted:

I wonder if your dad likes video evidence.

Video? From the biased liberal media? Nice try, commie.

mdemone
Mar 14, 2001

Jaxyon posted:

Video? From the biased liberal media? Nice try, commie.

Damnit! Foiled again

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Fuschia tude posted:

Thursday. And the committee is saying more might be coming after it.

Thanks. Wasn’t sure.

Failed Imagineer posted:

Yeah. Like if it was his money paying women for their time, then who gives a gently caress.

Dr. Faustus
Feb 18, 2001

Grimey Drawer
Zoe Lofgren advising the "deleted" Secret Service texts will be handed over to the J6 Committee by tomorrow.

Plenty of time until the hearing Thursday night, at least for a last-minute taste if they wanted to serve it up that way.

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/january-6-committee-secret-service-texts-subpoena-zoe-lofgren/

Bar Ran Dun
Jan 22, 2006

Bet Bannon writes a book if he goes to jail. Probably working on a title now. Something about struggle.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

lil poopendorfer
Nov 13, 2014

by the sex ghost

Crosby B. Alfred posted:

He cheated on his wife of 17 years & mother to his three children with his brother’s widow right after his death, and cheated on HER at least twice, resulting in two children with two different mothers. One of those children was a Son, which he named Beau.

He’s a depraved sicko at best.