Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Devils Affricate
Jan 22, 2010

Oldstench posted:

People who say "let's go!!!" when they get excited.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xjKaYp7QjeM

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Private Cumshoe
Feb 15, 2019

AAAAAAAGAGHAAHGGAH

Devils Affricate posted:

I honestly can't tell if you're complaining about the American or British pronunciation. Both pronounce the R only once, though in different ways. Can you describe your grievance with IPA?

No!

But also I think I described it wrong it's more that emphasis is put on the first syllable of harassment that sucks as opposed to stressing the second syllable.

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

let's go is the best thing to happen to exclamations since oh snap

Gomez Chamberlain
Mar 22, 2005

Subakh ul kuhar!
Walking dogs while on their phones, not paying attention to the dog (and almost certainly not picking up after the dog).
People with those retractable leashes when they just let the dog out all the way taking up a whole sidewalk.
Off-leash dogs where they shouldn't be, it's dangerous! Cars, wild animals, heck, other dogs whose temperament you don't know, there's a lot that could go wrong. Better safe than sorry.

I love my big, old man so so much I just can't fathom how careless people are about these magical creatures who are with us for such a short time. Be with the dog. Love the dog. Pick up after the dog.

Ditto all the people who mentioned turn signal usage, using your high beams when you shouldn't, generally being a fuckass on the road. poo poo's bad enough without an rear end in a top hat in command of heavy machinery.

If I see someone texting while behind the wheel, even at a light, I instantly think that person is a huge piece of poo poo. Safety aside, in aggregate, all of you looking at your phones and not going when the light turns adds up and just makes lovely traffic shittier. Not to mention as a pedestrian I see all the time people just don't look up before they start rolling, it's insane.

To show I've grown as a person:

I no longer judge people for saying "hella," I get it now, it was weird to find it so grating before.
I no longer judge people who have fursonas. You do you, pretty cool that you have a community and a hobby you enjoy a lot.
I no longer judge people for their taste in music. Like what you like, it's cool.
I no longer judge people who are really into anime. There's limits but there are so few things in life that spark joy, and if that's yours, more power to ya. :love:

Devils Affricate
Jan 22, 2010

Private Cumshoe posted:

No!

But also I think I described it wrong it's more that emphasis is put on the first syllable of harassment that sucks as opposed to stressing the second syllable.

So you just hate the traditional British pronunciation of it for some reason?

Drimble Wedge
Mar 10, 2008

Self-contained

Using the crying-with-laughter emoji.
Having long, square-ended, fake nails.

Gomez Chamberlain
Mar 22, 2005

Subakh ul kuhar!

Drimble Wedge posted:

Using the crying-with-laughter emoji.
Having long, square-ended, fake nails.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Private Cumshoe
Feb 15, 2019

AAAAAAAGAGHAAHGGAH

Devils Affricate posted:

So you just hate the traditional British pronunciation of it for some reason?

I judge a lot of Brits and British things for a lot of reasons

Methanar
Sep 26, 2013

by the sex ghost

Private Cumshoe posted:

I judge a lot of Brits and British things for a lot of reasons

nice casual racism there man

Plan R
Oct 5, 2021

For Romeo
The only joke there is that Britain is now hot enough for Britain to colonize.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Somebody think of the Brits

Hatsune Mike
Oct 9, 2013

people I have to see every day with the same lovely single layer cloth mask that doesn’t follow their nose arch at all, not that it matters because they have the thing fall below their nose every ten seconds

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

People still wear masks?

DeadlyMuffin
Jul 3, 2007

Meme Poker Party posted:

My head is spinning. Did the other men exclude me from this conspiracy? Or have I been an unknowing participant all along? Have I been going about my life rudely blocking untold numbers of large, given-up women with my careless gait, and not even realized it? Is oppression so deeply woven into my DNA that I subconsciously move directly into the path of women and then anchor myself like a sumo wrestler on the ring's edge? Or is my aggressive saunter simply a product of my swarthy Italian heritage?

I absolutely judge people who do the "not all men" schtick.

dr_rat
Jun 4, 2001

veni veni veni posted:

People still wear masks?

Depends where you are. I know the health care system where I am as struggling like hell, so yeah, if I'm going to crowded place still wear a mask and see a few others around who do as well. For references currently in QLD Australia.

But yeah as far as I can tell globally it's like just all over the place at the moment, but more leaning towards not.

Methanar
Sep 26, 2013

by the sex ghost

dr_rat posted:

Depends where you are. I know the health care system where I am as struggling like hell, so yeah, if I'm going to crowded place still wear a mask and see a few others around who do as well. For references currently in QLD Australia.

But yeah as far as I can tell globally it's like just all over the place at the moment, but more leaning towards not.

dang sorry to hear that

Analytic Engine
May 18, 2009

not the analytical engine
The walking thing is clear in a big city sidewalk scenario, happened all the time in NYC. You're on the right side (left in UK etc) and they're walking towards you, so they're a loving idiot who should be ignored. If they refuse to get in their lane then you gradually slow down until stopping. If they shove you then that's considered assault, even if they do have the mind of a child

dr_rat
Jun 4, 2001

Methanar posted:

dang sorry to hear that

Nah, Queensland alright.

Doll House Ghost
Jun 18, 2011

DeadlyMuffin posted:

I absolutely judge people who do the "not all men" schtick.

Funky See Funky Do
Aug 20, 2013
STILL TRYING HARD
People who don't baby talk to their pets. How can you not wuv it's widdle nose? What are you dead inside?

Gomez Chamberlain
Mar 22, 2005

Subakh ul kuhar!

Funky See Funky Do posted:

People who don't baby talk to their pets. How can you not wuv it's widdle nose? What are you dead inside?

Strategic Tea
Sep 1, 2012

lmao it isn't not all men to protest that you personally do not shove people out of the way, or indeed do not commit harassments

Gomez Chamberlain
Mar 22, 2005

Subakh ul kuhar!
Yeah mentioning it is kinda the thing. We get it, not you. You could also just, not do that and not post about not doing that, that’s been working for a lot of people.

teen witch
Oct 9, 2012

Funky See Funky Do posted:

I’m dead inside and I still call my one of my boys a little tiger baby. Cause he is!

coldpudding
May 14, 2009

FORUM GHOST
People who take one last big pull on a cigarette or vape while getting on the bus. you can't smoke on the bus here so you just have bring a big lungful to share with you.

People who ride a bicycle or scooter at high speed through outdoor dining. gently caress you out of my way diners Uber eats delivery coming through.

teen witch
Oct 9, 2012

coldpudding posted:

People who ride a bicycle or scooter at high speed through outdoor dining. gently caress you out of my way diners Uber eats delivery coming through.

why would a restaurant seat people in the way of pedestrian traffic? Like I get it’s all ran by cokeheads and alcoholics, I need the real reason here

Enfys
Feb 17, 2013

The ocean is calling and I must go

people who park on the footpath or in bike lanes :argh:

Irregardless
Jan 19, 2007

not even once.
Stereotypes have been accepted as not okay in society for a long time but people do it now more than ever and you better betcher bottom I’m judging you for using plural nouns as pejoratives

Schmeichy
Apr 22, 2007

2spooky4u

Smellrose

Analytic Engine posted:

The walking thing is clear in a big city sidewalk scenario, happened all the time in NYC. You're on the right side (left in UK etc) and they're walking towards you, so they're a loving idiot who should be ignored. If they refuse to get in their lane then you gradually slow down until stopping. If they shove you then that's considered assault, even if they do have the mind of a child

Right, in a busy urban area there is a flow to the traffic, and people who don't go with it often have some sort of perverse joy in making people get out of their way. I had girlfriends who describe exactly what teenwitch was talking about and had the same reaction of refusing to move for an rear end in a top hat who makes everyone else dodge him.

On the opposite side, people who walk slow and block the path. Beep beep, I'm walking here.

kntfkr
Feb 11, 2019

GOOSE FUCKER
did someone say manslamming

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

kntfkr posted:

Nope

hot cocoa on the couch
Dec 8, 2009

kntfkr posted:

what's that?

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth
I've been hearing a lot about it lately it sounds like a serious problem!!!

kntfkr
Feb 11, 2019

GOOSE FUCKER

it's known as party n play or "pnp", as well as "chemsex" in some circles

Wendigee
Jul 19, 2004

SSH IT ZOMBIE
Apr 19, 2003
No more blinkies! Yay!
College Slice
There's really a lot OP. I hate everyone.

Too much substance use
Repeated bouts of self destruction
Littering
Certain kinds of drunk people - the loud or touchy ones, the talkative story tellers are fine

F_Shit_Fitzgerald
Feb 2, 2017

Saying something like "You're bias" instead of "You're biased". Yeah, English is a weird language but that's second grade language arts and you're an adult. Learn how to write/talk.

Tailgating and weaving in between lanes of traffic. Unless your wife is in labor and about to drop your brat, there's absolutely no reason at all to drive like you're in loving NASCAR. Even if your wife is in labor, get the gently caress off of people's fenders. You're not saving any time and you're an rear end in a top hat.

DemonToadGoat
Jan 12, 2015

teen witch posted:

You follow the flow of traffic unless you are an asocial creep

Why asocial gotta be a creep. Judging you harsh.

Also traffic goes faster and more able to the road side, fat ladies to the wall with the other vulnerables

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

Star Trek: The Motion Picture is a boring movie
People who hold their forks like this:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
Giving a poo poo which hand my utensils are in

Jose Oquendo posted:

People who hold their forks like this: