Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

1001 Arabian dicks
Sep 16, 2013

EVE ONLINE IS MY ENTIRE PERSONALITY BECAUSE IM A FRIENDLESS SEMILITERATE LOSER WHO WILL PEDANTICALLY DEMAND PROOF FOR BASIC THINGS LIKE GRAVITY OR THE EXISTENCE OF SELF. ASK ME ABOUT CHEATING AT TARKOV BECAUSE, WELL, SEE ABOVE
likewise it's totally an inane complaint

you could totally change it to an ''''impartial''''' party and then just send the proceeds to mittani through a billion other means

let's focus on the actual issues

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

1001 Arabian dicks posted:

this is a problem that's easily resolvable- the ownership of twitch channels can be changed relatively easily, especially multi user platforms.

i doubt mittani controlled the revenue directly anyway.

its all under his name, and you can give temp stream keys to people to use your channel and not have direct access to your actual twitch account.

1001 Arabian dicks
Sep 16, 2013

EVE ONLINE IS MY ENTIRE PERSONALITY BECAUSE IM A FRIENDLESS SEMILITERATE LOSER WHO WILL PEDANTICALLY DEMAND PROOF FOR BASIC THINGS LIKE GRAVITY OR THE EXISTENCE OF SELF. ASK ME ABOUT CHEATING AT TARKOV BECAUSE, WELL, SEE ABOVE

Mekchu posted:

its all under his name, and you can give temp stream keys to people to use your channel and not have direct access to your actual twitch account.

it's an unsolvable problem. you can never know who controls it and where the money goes- no matter what you do

likewise if you trust the 'source' it's solved in 10 seconds.

DurrHurrHurr
Jul 19, 2022

it doesn't matter, it's literally three button presses and a ctrl-c and ctrl-v away to change ownership

source: i own a multi user twitch channel

This isn't true. he has a specific partner contract, likely with the corporation, and transferring that is not that simple. It wouldn't even be that simple if he were an affiliate; you'd have to completely redo the onboarding process at minimum.

Zodium
Jun 19, 2004

agreed

but i am right :) crazy to see nearly 400 posts of random pubbies supporting the mittani eulogy post

Absolutely. The power of propaganda is terrible to behold up close. :3:

That said, Alex has a mental field of view that extends about ten centimeters in front of him, and only in front of him. He's certainly cunning, but he also has the self-awareness of a small lump of rock, and he will follow the only playbook anyone was stupid enough to teach him. That's all he can do. His lack of self-awareness has always prevented him from understanding other people, which is why he's very easily impressed by people who do or feign to, and why he can't discriminate between the two.

1001 Arabian dicks
Sep 16, 2013

DurrHurrHurr posted:

This isn't true; he has a specific partner contract, likely with the corporation, and transferring that is not that simple. It wouldn't even be that simple if he were an affiliate; you'd have to completely redo the onboarding process at minimum.

it's actually super simple, especially since he is not the sole owner, it's relatively easy for him to claim he bowed out or the others involved to claim he bowed out.

there is no way of externally verifying any of this info, and if you trust the person who claims that they removed mittani from the process it's easily believable.

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

it's an unsolvable problem. you can never know who controls it and where the money goes- no matter what you do

likewise if you trust the 'source' it's solved in 10 seconds.

probably but you and i both know he wouldn't give up any control of it nor allow that to happen. he'd rather nuke it than lose access to it.

1001 Arabian dicks
Sep 16, 2013

Zodium posted:

Absolutely. The power of propaganda is terrible to behold up close. :3:

That said, Alex has a mental field of view that extends about ten centimeters in front of him, and only in front of him. He's certainly cunning, but he also has the self-awareness of a small lump of rock, and he will follow the only playbook anyone was stupid enough to teach him. That's all he can do. His lack of self-awareness has always prevented him from understanding other people, which is why he's very easily impressed by people who do or feign to, and why he can't discriminate between the two.

i've only ever had positive irl interactions with mittani, and as someone who easily made him feel uncomfortable i don't think he's as crazy of a sociopathic mastermind as you think he is.

1001 Arabian dicks
Sep 16, 2013

Mekchu posted:

probably but you and i both know he wouldn't give up any control of it nor allow that to happen. he'd rather nuke it than lose access to it.

i disagree, if he was minded as to burn everything to the ground he would've deleted goonfleet's sov and assets, and walked away with the tens of trillions he has access to instead of giving it away to others.

Zodium
Jun 19, 2004

i've only ever had positive irl interactions with mittani, and as someone who easily made him feel uncomfortable i don't think he's as crazy of a sociopathic mastermind as you think he is.

I'm not sure how you got "sociopathic mastermind" out of my post lol. He's practically the opposite.

Edit: He absolutely is crazy though, and needs mountains of therapy.

Zodium fucked around with this message at 08:39 on Jul 21, 2022

DurrHurrHurr
Jul 19, 2022

it's actually super simple, especially since he is not the sole owner, it's relatively easy for him to claim he bowed out or the others involved to claim he bowed out.

there is no way of externally verifying any of this info, and if you trust the person who claims that they removed mittani from the process it's easily believable.

This also isn't true, Twitch automatically reports your revenue each year to the IRS and takes extra steps if it's corporate revenue. You gave your Social Security Number to them, remember?

If it's under the sole ownership of a corporation, a partner contract cannot be transferred; the entire corporation must be transferred or new contracts drawn up for new owners. It's also not likely that any of the other INN participants are signed parties to the partnership contract. If it's under partnership contract to a person, that also cannot be transferred.

Twitch accounts that collect revenue have *one* legal owner, and there's an entire process required to transfer that ownership.

1001 Arabian dicks
Sep 16, 2013

DurrHurrHurr posted:

This also isn't true, Twitch automatically reports your revenue each year to the IRS and takes extra steps if it's corporate revenue. You gave your Social Security Number to them, remember?

If it's under the sole ownership of a corporation, a partner contract cannot be transferred; the entire corporation must be transferred or new contracts drawn up. It's also not likely that any of the other INN participants are signed parties to the partnership contract.

Twitch accounts that collect revenue have *one* legal owner, and there's an entire process required to transfer that ownership.

it's actually mega easy to change, as someone whose changed theirs multiple times

likewise, twitch's consideration of ownership is secondary to the ownership determined in law by contract

DurrHurrHurr
Jul 19, 2022

it's actually mega easy to change, as someone whose changed theirs multiple times

Are you a partner? You're probably unintentionally breaching your contract if you are.

1001 Arabian dicks
Sep 16, 2013

DurrHurrHurr posted:

Are you a partner? You're probably unintentionally breaching your contract if you are.

9 months ago? yes.

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh
Maybe, just maybe this all boils down to him being a public schoolboy who has been trained by that institution to learn and repeat huge amounts of text to give off the impression of cleverness, while actually being as thick as mince, just like 99% of the rest of them.

1001 Arabian dicks
Sep 16, 2013

huh

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh

Public school = private school. They teach you how to pass exams and that’s about it. Huge number of them go through the process of becoming lawyers because law school fits in with that style of learning, and ether fail horribly or get put somewhere in daddy’s office doing not much to keep them out the way.

1001 Arabian dicks
Sep 16, 2013

learnincurve posted:

Public school = private school. They teach you how to pass exams and that’s about it. Huge number of them go through the process of becoming lawyers because law school fits in with that style of learning, and ether fail horribly or get put somewhere in daddy’s office doing not much to keep them out the way.

again, huh?

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh
I’m talking about the Mittani and most of the other well actually and PUA guys on Reddit.

Edit: Elon Musk is a prime example, knows the words, brain made out of pudding.

learnincurve fucked around with this message at 08:49 on Jul 21, 2022

Feliday Melody
May 8, 2021

DurrHurrHurr posted:

Twitch automatically reports your revenue each year to the IRS

More like Snitch.

1001 Arabian dicks
Sep 16, 2013

learnincurve posted:

I’m talking about the Mittani and most of the other well actually and PUA guys on Reddit.

Edit: Elon Musk is a prime example, knows the words, brain made out of pudding.

i literally have no idea what you're attempting to say

Celexi
Nov 25, 2006

Slava Ukraini!

Are you serious

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

i disagree, if he was minded as to burn everything to the ground he would've deleted goonfleet's sov and assets, and walked away with the tens of trillions he has access to instead of giving it away to others.

i would argue he cares more about controlling his real world money making enterprise than his video game empire of pixels and doritos :shrug:

1001 Arabian dicks
Sep 16, 2013

Celexi posted:

Are you serious

i think he's just a dude vov

Mekchu posted:

i would argue he cares more about controlling his real world money making enterprise than his video game empire of pixels and doritos :shrug:

i think he's a rich spoiled trust fund baby and the fewer than $8000 a year INN makes him is totally irrelevant, considering the costs that GSF infrastructure costs.

Zodium
Jun 19, 2004

i think he's just a dude vov

i think he's a rich spoiled trust fund baby and the fewer than $8000 a year INN makes him is totally irrelevant, considering the costs that GSF infrastructure costs.

Metastasizing GS into real world business is not about money. It's about leveraging GS to build real world networks with real people in the real media, op

1001 Arabian dicks
Sep 16, 2013

Zodium posted:

Metastasizing GS into real world business is not about money. It's about leveraging GS to build real world networks with real people in the real media, op

and now that mittani is gone, and stays gone, what's the problem wrt mittani?

Zodium
Jun 19, 2004

shut the gently caress up, globby

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Maybe, but i don't think he's just gonna toss that away nor allow himself to be ousted/replaced like you seem to think.

Who knows, time will only tell.

1001 Arabian dicks
Sep 16, 2013

Mekchu posted:

Maybe, but i don't think he's just gonna toss that away nor allow himself to be ousted/replaced like you seem to think.

Who knows, time will only tell.

i think, because at least 7 different people of the dirrektorate stated they wouldn't allow mittani to come back (2 of them being posts itt) that he won't come back, and if he did it'd tear apart the organization he'd come back to

which he could've deleted any time he wanted.

i think he's gone, and people swinging aimlessly in the night are scared of the boogeyman

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

i think, because at least 7 different people of the dirrektorate stated they wouldn't allow mittani to come back (2 of them being posts itt) that he won't come back, and if he did it'd tear apart the organization he'd come back to

i think he's gone, and people swinging aimlessly in the night are scared of the boogeyman

maybe, but again only time will tell if either one of us are correct or not.

how is ganking in EVE/AO these days or did you quit them?

Mekchu fucked around with this message at 09:12 on Jul 21, 2022

Zodium
Jun 19, 2004

I hope you're right, but they only said they wouldn't let him come back to leadership. :3:

FirstnameLastname
Jul 10, 2022

and now that mittani is gone, and stays gone, what's the problem wrt mittani?

Zodium posted:

Alex will start by laying groundwork through pulling on his network to downplay and diffuse the details and emotional impact. Then, he'll return as a professor emeritus sort of regular member, just hanging and shooting the poo poo, being a cool guy who's learned his lesson now. Finally, when the organization next comes under pressure, he'll sigh, and ever so reluctantly respond to the membership's growing calls for his triumphant return to leadership.

playbook.txt

Zodium posted:

Reminder: 5 out of 6 of the r/eve mods are also mods of r/conservative and they started invising any comments and posts i made without giving any reason and removing anything by anyone that referred to any specific allegations while leaving up a thread calling xtrasquishy a nazi and did absolutely nothing about people spreading accusations of me doxxing people or people doxxing people on my behalf and invised my posts responding to them

i'm not saying anything here, but i don't think i have to either v@_@v

Zodium posted:

shut the gently caress up, globby

edit: for the record xtrasquishy is racist af btw, but my point there is that their "no accusations" rule is kind of unevenly enforced seeing as i've been subject to several and seen none of them removed and seen nearly anything referring to mittani removed even though it's clearly an issue that has had people very upset and wanting to know what's going on - they even deleted the thread that gave a basic rundown of the situation, it was a copy/paste of the post near the end of the last thread that had nothing inappropriate or that invaded anyone's privacy or was an unfounded accusation whatsoever

this is pretty much the only place that you can talk about this stuff openly on a forum without it being purged and they(eve subreddit) won't even let people lnik to it on there now as far as I can tell

FirstnameLastname fucked around with this message at 10:10 on Jul 21, 2022

Bonfire Lit
Jul 9, 2008

If you're one of the sinners who caused this please unfriend me now.

Lmao, we need to distance ourselves from SA to "prevent future incidents from occurring". The "incidents" presumably being that people got upset and aired dirty laundry, rather than the causes for that?

spazzhole
Aug 2, 2003

Dear Sandy,

Ever since that day I hit you, I've felt like we haven't been as close.

Celexi posted:

Are you serious

if he liked you or felt like he could gain something from you he was actually pretty nice irl. I never had any bad 1 on 1s online or offline with him. It wasn’t until he was openly mocking some directors who came to iceswarm while we were at his house that I started realizing who he really was. The divorce stuff happened not long after that and it was pretty apparent that guy was just a poo poo human being

Dalael
Oct 14, 2014
Hello. Yep, I still think Atlantis is Bolivia, yep, I'm still a giant idiot, yep, I'm still a huge racist. Some things never change!

DurrHurrHurr posted:

The biggest tell is going to be if they keep using the INN Twitch channel that generates him revenue.

I unsubscribed from INN on youtube & stopped following them on twich. I also unfollowed rampage. Its not much but its what i can do.

I doubt there's enough of us that care to hurt their bottom line tho.

TheWeedNumber
Apr 20, 2020

by sebmojo

Dalael posted:

I unsubscribed from INN on youtube & stopped following them on twich. I also unfollowed rampage. Its not much but its what i can do.

I doubt there's enough of us that care to hurt their bottom line tho.

lol just lol if you ever wasted time on their content

Endie
Feb 7, 2007

Jings

Gwyneth Palpate posted:

messing with the electric stuff scares me so i don't do it

I felt this way and stuck to plumbing and not wiring for the longest time, on the basis that nobody ever touched the wrong cold water pipe and drowned instantly, but then when I built my house I wired the whole place and four years on I am using my very own electricals to type this very message with only the faintest 50Hz tingle every time my fingers touch the keyboard.

Solus
May 31, 2011

Drongos.
How are you all baited this easily by globby

Samuel L. Hacksaw
Mar 26, 2007

Never Stop Posting

Solus posted:

How are you all baited this easily by globby

They must not have blocked prolific white noise poster 1001 Arabian dicks.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh
I have some sort of flu and unblocked him in the spirit of giving everyone second chances,