Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Celexi
Nov 25, 2006

Slava Ukraini!
If you read gme subreddit you might lose any remaining shred of humans not being dumb

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat
Forget Minecraft NFT layers, whatever it means. I'm launching a start up to let you use NFTs in Star Citizen. That's right, your UAC Scythe can generate Slurp Juice straight from your Coinbase leveraging the power of Web 3.0 to provide the next level in JPG technology.

jizzy sillage
Aug 13, 2006

Ah yes, Bullshit Layer 2 Technology.

Scratch Monkey
Oct 25, 2010

👰Proč bychom se netěšili🥰když nám Pán Bůh🙌🏻zdraví dá💪?

TacticalHoodie
May 7, 2007

Morning slurp juice fam! Rise and grind and get your drink on! I am upgrading to Mutant Serum because i am ready.

Guze
Oct 10, 2007

Regular Human Bartender

The gme guys are going to be shocked when they get the stock split they wanted and the price drops accordingly

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

still gay rights and smoke weed every day

wanky wanky. yes those little guys really are taken care of, they get to hold the bag and everything!

DaveWoo
Aug 14, 2004

Fun Shoe
bitcoin is down today, all is right with the world

VitalSigns
Sep 3, 2011

coolusername posted:

Keeping your crypto is safe, secure and easy. Just remember:

quote:

You shouldn’t keep all your crypto in one wallet. Owning multiple wallets is free and guarantee much more security.

Creating new wallets is free but don't you have to pay transaction fees every time you move money into them to make a purchase, and then pay a transaction fee again to make the purchase?

happyhippy
Feb 21, 2005

Playing games, watching movies, owning goons. 'sup
Pillbug

VitalSigns posted:

Creating new wallets is free but don't you have to pay transaction fees every time you move money into them to make a purchase, and then pay a transaction fee again to make the purchase?

Indeed, but you only need to buy two things with bitcoin.
NFTs and more bitcoin.

Astrochicken
Aug 13, 2007

So you better go back to your bars, your temples
Your massage parlors!

Given the content of this thread does anyone else feel like the future is almost too depressing to imagine. Maybe i just need a Snickers© bar.

Stex T
Mar 7, 2005

Shut the fuck up and get out. Have fun being a slave of the rich and powerful.

Astrochicken posted:

Given the content of this thread does anyone else feel like the future is almost too depressing to imagine. Maybe i just need a Snickers© bar.

What are you talking about? This IS the future too depressing to imagine.

Stex T fucked around with this message at 15:50 on Jul 21, 2022

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

has anyone said BINCOIN yet? Cause it's rubbish?

El Spamo
Aug 21, 2003

Fuss and misery
That is a true statement, the money is in fact held in an FDIC protected account.
You, the end user, are not protected in any way by the FDIC because the money is not in your name. It's in ours, and we pretty-pinkie-promise that we won't do anything naughty with it. It's got a tag next to it on our spreadsheet that says "Jim's money" but hey mistakes happen and some intern deleted that cell. No idea who's $100k this is, I guess we'll keep it.

<boards an intl. flight>

byeeee

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

El Spamo posted:

That is a true statement, the money is in fact held in an FDIC protected account.
You, the end user, are not protected in any way by the FDIC because the money is not in your name. It's in ours, and we pretty-pinkie-promise that we won't do anything naughty with it. It's got a tag next to it on our spreadsheet that says "Jim's money" but hey mistakes happen and some intern deleted that cell. No idea who's $100k this is, I guess we'll keep it.

<boards an intl. flight>

byeeee

It was a hack, promise, totally a hack in our favor, somehow.

VitalSigns
Sep 3, 2011

happyhippy posted:

Indeed, but you only need to buy two things with bitcoin.
NFTs and more bitcoin.

Yeah I guess that's fine if it's just monopoly money with a "value" completely divorced from the amount of real currency they put into the system, and they're just gambling on ape jpegs with it, but I thought this was supposed to replace worthless government-backed legacy currencies???

SaberToothedPie
Dec 24, 2012

The #RXT REVOLUTION has two words for ya..
SCOOP IT!

:frolf:

he knows...
lol

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2022-07-21/ex-coinbase-manager-arrested-in-us-crypto-insider-trading-case

Soapy_Bumslap
Jun 19, 2013

We're gonna need a bigger chode
Grimey Drawer

LifeSunDeath posted:

has anyone said BINCOIN yet? Cause it's rubbish?

This is the kind of innovation that will send us to the moon

Troubadour
Mar 1, 2001
Forum Veteran

El Spamo posted:

<boards an intl. flight>

That's the cool thing, they are already on Financial Crime Island!

These are the types of market inefficiencies that crypto was designed to solve

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur

Soapy_Bumslap posted:

This is the kind of innovation that will send us to the moon

This moon, specifically.

Available at Target for $29.95

Spuckuk
Aug 11, 2009

Being a bastard works

Telsa Cola posted:

That attitude is true for literally any game or really anything.

Like I've made people very very angry for playing super mash bros or marvel vs Capcom and button mashing my way to victory.

I've made board game players pissy because I just make moves instead of thinking things out and somehow win.

LLTP but this is eternal http://youtu.be/LfEVcZ3anG0

Scratch Monkey
Oct 25, 2010

👰Proč bychom se netěšili🥰když nám Pán Bůh🙌🏻zdraví dá💪?

I have no idea what’s happening here

drk
Jan 16, 2005

El Spamo posted:

<boards an intl. flight>

byeeee

these guys sure are predictable

Gutcruncher
Apr 16, 2005

Go home and be a family man!

Scratch Monkey posted:

I have no idea what’s happening here

Ryu is playing like a complete idiot who has no clue what the hell he’s doing and for some frustrating reason it’s working

Durzel
Nov 15, 2005

Mojang have come out to say that they think NFTs are poo poo.

https://www.minecraft.net/en-us/article/minecraft-and-nfts

"Each of these uses of NFTs and other blockchain technologies creates digital ownership based on scarcity and exclusion, which does not align with Minecraft values of creative inclusion and playing together. NFTs are not inclusive of all our community and create a scenario of the haves and the have-nots." is a particularly withering highlight.

nachos
Jun 27, 2004

Wario Chalmers! WAAAAAAAAAAAAA!

Durzel posted:

"Each of these uses of NFTs and other blockchain technologies creates digital ownership based on scarcity and exclusion, which does not align with Minecraft values of creative inclusion and playing together. NFTs are not inclusive of all our community and create a scenario of the haves and the have-nots." is a particularly withering highlight.

I think the sentence right after cuts deeper and right to the core belief system of these little shits

“The speculative pricing and investment mentality around NFTs takes the focus away from playing the game and encourages profiteering, which we think is inconsistent with the long-term joy and success of our players.”

EMoney
Jul 19, 2004
Just had my Swan rep do some tax loss harvesting which is a nice perk. You send them everything and they do an instant dump/rebuy at the same price and send it back the same day.

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

These guys all seem to forget that the SEC even exists. It's great. I know there's no chance musk will ever get arrested but it's nice that his company might remove him over his insane bullshit one day. And you know he's going full on McAfee after that.

repiv
Aug 13, 2009

Durzel posted:

they took the comedy option of waiting until minecraft NFT projects had already established themselves before pulling the rug and imploding their value

Flowers for QAnon
May 20, 2019

EMoney posted:

Just had my Swan rep do some tax loss harvesting which is a nice perk. You send them everything and they do an instant dump/rebuy at the same price and send it back the same day.

Swan rep?

Also, lol @ coinbase going from $55 to $76 over the past two weeks

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Let's get drunk and kiss each other all night.

LifeSunDeath posted:

These guys all seem to forget that the SEC even exists. It's great. I know there's no chance musk will ever get arrested but it's nice that his company might remove him over his insane bullshit one day. And you know he's going full on McAfee after that.

The SEC is insanely toothless with him, probably due to chronic underfunding.

Tesla stock going back up probably means he’s fairly secure.

EMoney
Jul 19, 2004

Flowers for QAnon posted:

Swan rep?

Also, lol @ coinbase going from $55 to $76 over the past two weeks

https://www.swanbitcoin.com/

They are one of two companies I’d trust with this, Unchained Capital being the other. Both are btc only, no yield products, etc…

happyhippy
Feb 21, 2005

Playing games, watching movies, owning goons. 'sup
Pillbug

VitalSigns posted:

Yeah I guess that's fine if it's just monopoly money with a "value" completely divorced from the amount of real currency they put into the system, and they're just gambling on ape jpegs with it, but I thought this was supposed to replace worthless government-backed legacy currencies???

Thats boomer bitcoin.
We don't have time to wait for the collapse of the economy leaving us at the top holding the most bitcoin!
Some of us may be 25 then.
We need our lambos, that 2 million mansion, and as much tawdy bling to flash at the poors via Tiktok NOW!

shame on an IGA
Apr 8, 2005

EMoney posted:

siri, what's the wash sale rule

davecrazy
Nov 25, 2004

I'm an insufferable shitposter who does not deserve to root for such a good team. Also, this is what Matt Harvey thinks of me and my garbage posting.
The GME stuff is probably worse in a lot of ways then bitcoin. The true believers are waiting for something that *already happened*.

The short squeeze they’re all waiting for was the event that drove a $4 stock up to $300+. Everything since has been nonsensical wishing that it will happen again….and bigger this time!!

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

I’m surprised the gme stuff is still going on, I would have thought the wsb crowd would have thinned out considerably.

I guess never underestimate hopeful greed

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

priznat posted:

The SEC is insanely toothless with him, probably due to chronic underfunding.

Tesla stock going back up probably means he’s fairly secure.

ugh, goddamnit. I want to see him driven into a ruby mine and have it sealed off.

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

LifeSunDeath posted:

ugh, goddamnit. I want to see him driven into a ruby mine and have it sealed off.

Yeah it sucks seeing a complete rear end in a top hat dipshit just constantly get away with terrible behaviour but you’d think we would be used to that by now :sigh:

Rotten Red Rod
Mar 5, 2002

Finally we see Squeenix's first foray into NFTs, and it's just a dumb bonus pack-in for a physical collector figure:

https://twitter.com/Kotaku/status/1549919058593710080

And as an added bonus, if the blockchain company they're hosted on (Enjin) collapses before Nov 2023, when the figures will be delivered, you'll just get no NFT at all, lol.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

repiv
Aug 13, 2009

priznat posted:

I’m surprised the gme stuff is still going on, I would have thought the wsb crowd would have thinned out considerably.

I guess never underestimate hopeful greed

the GME true believers were too stupid even for WSB so the communities split a while ago

that's why the GME insanity is in /r/superstonk now, rather than /r/wallsteetbets