Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

MSDOS KAPITAL
Jun 25, 2018

the American people have a stutter, Joe. something I thought you'd empathize with

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vim Fuego
Jun 1, 2000

Ultra Carp

ClassActionFursuit
Mar 15, 2006

MLSM posted:

The funny part about this pied piper bullshit is dems genuinely think boosting far right voices is a good idea in an era where trust in public institutions has historically collapsed among the population for years now. The fact they’re still doing this poo poo after they unwittingly got Trump elected if proof these loving idiots are dumber than they are ideologically incoherent

Vermin supreme ‘24 hth

The concept that the dems have any say in how extreme the republican candidates are is laughable on its face. The republican party doesn't even have a say in how extreme republican candidates are which is something that's been demonstrated twice in recent memory.

The only thing the dems did that got Trump elected was cheat Bernie out of the nomination and that was neither unwitting nor counter to their ideology.

Lib and let die
Aug 26, 2004

LastInLine posted:

The concept that the dems have any say in how extreme the republican candidates are is laughable on its face. The republican party doesn't even have a say in how extreme republican candidates are which is something that's been demonstrated twice in recent memory.

The only thing the dems did that got Trump elected was cheat Bernie out of the nomination and that was neither unwitting nor counter to their ideology.

syq

FreeRangeHexagon
Apr 17, 2022

Animal-Mother posted:

https://old.reddit.com/r/politics/comments/w4eoa4/how_in_gods_name_are_the_democrats_still_losing/

the article that i did not read appears to be about failures of the leadership of the democratic party

the comments are 100% about republicans

that and "oh, it's not our fault, people would support Brandon, but Fox News gets to people first and there's nothing we can do about it". Liberals have that idea that watching Fox News is like getting bitten by a werewolf or something. It transforms otherwise decent people into reactionaries by magic. Rather than being something that people who were already reactionaries seek out on their own.

ex post facho
Oct 25, 2007
dems: more funding for the police and tens of billions of aid to Ukraine, letting the child tax credit lapse and not raising the minimum wage. also where's that 600 you still owe us joe brandon you stupid bitch

republicans:

https://twitter.com/leonardkl/statu...ingawful.com%2F

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

gavin is supposedly sending us another check at some point

Lib and let die
Aug 26, 2004

ex post facho posted:

dems: more funding for the police and tens of billions of aid to Ukraine, letting the child tax credit lapse and not raising the minimum wage. also where's that 600 you still owe us joe brandon you stupid bitch

republicans:

https://twitter.com/leonardkl/statu...ingawful.com%2F

we got a $1000 check from ol' ronnie because my wife is a teacher in florida lmao

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

The sole lesson learned from the trump admin is going to be "send people a check with your name on it and they will like you" and hell..I want more checks

Fart Dumbass
May 31, 2022

by Fluffdaddy

In Training posted:

The sole lesson learned from the trump admin is going to be "send people a check with your name on it and they will like you" and hell..I want more checks

we also learned that the best way to handle a pandemic is to simply say it's not happening and isn't a problem.

Cpt_Obvious
Jun 18, 2007

In Training posted:

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

democrats have spent all year saying those checks made inflation lol

Zvahl
Oct 14, 2005

научный кот

Shear Modulus posted:

gavin is supposedly sending us another check at some point

lol he spent the money on 'look at me i'm mad at guns' ads in texas instead

copy
Jul 26, 2007

In Training posted:

COPE 27
Sep 11, 2006

My horrible premier gave me $500 and it actually tempted me. To vote for him even though he sucks, since no other politician has made a concrete improvement in my life before.

the white hand
Nov 12, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
it took nixon to go to china and trump to make direct payments to americans

Saltpowered
Apr 12, 2010

Chief Executive Officer
Awful Industries, LLC

Real hurthling! posted:

Pretty impressive that the “left” party believes that giving lower income people money and having low unemployment is causing inflation and we should stop both those things. The smoothness required of a brain to equate less poverty to bad economy policy is far beyond that of any Q supporter.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
you'd think that they are just saying that because it is the official line and not that they actually believe it. however, overestimating the intelligence of economists is never a good idea.

Samuel Glompers
Nov 26, 2020

evilpicard posted:

My horrible premier gave me $500 and it actually tempted me. To vote for him even though he sucks, since no other politician has made a concrete improvement in my life before.

What's up my fellow British Columbian, what do you think of David Eby's leadership bid (I know nothing about him beyond an etherial ~good reputation~)

COPE 27
Sep 11, 2006

Nah it's Legault (and I'm an anglophone!)

yellowcar
Feb 14, 2010

*mails the entire country a slip of paper with an 800 number for a mental health hotline then calls 9-1-1 but requests that they only send tasers and a social worker but if they don't it's completely out of my hands ok*

oh don't forget to vote!

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
think about how cops treat the mentally ill and how biden treats the cops. it's an open threat.

MLSM
Apr 3, 2021

by Azathoth

LastInLine posted:

lol

ex post facho
Oct 25, 2007
change the thread title back

the democrats are going to get destroyed in 2022

ajkalan
Aug 17, 2011

ex post facho posted:

^this

Megathread-rear end titles should be destroyed in 2022

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin
Dem Catastrophe, Comeuppance, and Catharsis thread.

Business Gorillas
Mar 11, 2009

:harambe:

yellowcar posted:

*mails the entire country a slip of paper with an 800 number for a mental health hotline then calls 9-1-1 but requests that they only send tasers and a social worker but if they don't it's completely out of my hands ok*

oh don't forget to vote!

one of my major formative experiences was when my uncle was having a panic attack across the country, my momma was scared and called 911 for a wellness check. the dispatcher said that if the cops showed up, they'd probably shoot him, so she hung up

ClassActionFursuit
Mar 15, 2006

Perhaps the dems should give us a promo code for BetterHelp? BRANDON20?

Lawlicaust posted:

Pretty impressive that the “left” party believes that giving lower income people money and having low unemployment is causing inflation and we should stop both those things. The smoothness required of a brain to equate less poverty to bad economy policy is far beyond that of any Q supporter.

To be fair, increasing the purchasing power of consumers does actually cause inflation. If you're ideologically opposed to instituting price controls as liberals are then immiserating the lower classes is literally the only tool in the toolbox. Obviously you're correct that anyone on the left should be aware that the liberal conception of economics is not the totality and that remedies which negatively impact businesses are somehow never discussed in the media.

Antonymous
Apr 4, 2009

Real hurthling! posted:

don't worry they will pay for it come november

Antonymous
Apr 4, 2009

LastInLine posted:

To be fair, increasing the purchasing power of consumers does actually cause inflation.

no it doesn't

edit: I should say it doesn't necessarily. "it could actually cause inflation" is better

Antonymous has issued a correction as of 07:35 on Jul 23, 2022

Lib and let die
Aug 26, 2004

HootTheOwl posted:

Dem Catastrophe, Comeuppance, and Catharsis thread.

Democrat National Collapse

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

lol they are gonna let the student loans kick back in

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin

Lib and let die posted:

Democrat National Collapse

The S triple C

MSDOS KAPITAL
Jun 25, 2018

ex post facho posted:

Dr. Kyle Farnsworth
Apr 23, 2004

I know it's coming from a couple days back but if we accept the lib paradigm that spending money or buying anything or otherwise engaging with people with bad beliefs means you 100% support them, then anyone that votes Democrat or donates to the Democrats is a fascist destroying American democracy. Now I definitely can't vote for a Democrat!

Ocean Book
Sep 27, 2010

:yum: - hi

wow i’m living real-time through what will later be a smash-cut for comedic effect

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY

Good soup! posted:

lol they are gonna let the student loans kick back in

Inflation will be stopped

ex post facho
Oct 25, 2007
thank u to whoever changed the title, much more bespoke

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
i hope it changes to present tense during the elections and past tense afterward

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Justus
Apr 18, 2006

yeah its gonna own in 2023 to post in the “the demokkkrats were destroyed in 2022” thread