Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

limp dick calvin
Sep 1, 2006

Strepitoso. Vedete? Una meraviglia.

Professor Wayne posted:

I haven't heard a show talk about the scion tc this much since frisky dingo

Exact same thought

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

it was going 100mph

Phenotype
Jul 24, 2007

You must defeat Sheng Long to stand a chance.

Chef Boyardeez Nuts posted:

(friendly chuckle)

Let's not let the dude being crazy distract from the fact that the lady is also a loving loon.

hahaha for me this was the other way around -- at first he was coming across as a little eccentric and spiritual and I was like yeah, he's weird but maybe not a bad match for this lady who's also kind of an eccentric spiritual weirdo, but then Nathan goes with him in the car and jeeeez... This is something out of the DSM, right? That sort of obsession with seeing the numbers all around him and assigning some special meaning to them? And the way he shut down completely when his roommate, very reasonably, is like "It's just two numbers, I don't see why that's really significant, don't you think you ought to focus more on this person that you might want to be with?"

Cool Post Beg
Mar 6, 2008

DADDY MAGIC
There's 12 pages in the thread so far. The show premiered on the 15th. Luke 12:15 says life does not consist in an abundance of possessions. Let me grab my lotions and bong real quick

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
oh my god just started episode and what an incredible opener

edit: Is Robin a plant?? edit2: oh my god no the numbers found this man in the wild
Nathan packing some hand sanitizer after he says he doesn't really use condoms.
Packing the bong!!! aaaaaaaaaaaaaaah this all of this roomate inyteractionb

Khanstant fucked around with this message at 16:19 on Jul 23, 2022

Chuds McGreedy
Aug 26, 2007

Jumanji

I had to rewind that one, it was disarmingly honest

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

I died laughing when Robin just gave up midway through the first night. "Is that your bag?" "Yes."

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007

WampaLord posted:

I died laughing when Robin just gave up midway through the first night. "Is that your bag?" "Yes."

"Wasn't cut out for it I guess, not everybody is"

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
His friggin phone call flowchart! What a ride!

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!
Thought you guys might get a kick out of this.

https://twitter.com/sall_gud/status/1550686285936750592?s=21&t=tjhafpRln41o8YRKo1_7IQ

Old Kentucky Shark
May 25, 2012

If you think you're gonna get sympathy from the shark, well then, you won't.

I had a roommate once who was exactly like that guy if you replaced biblical numerology with shirtless capoeira.

Just putting the absolute minimum amount of effort into every aspect of his charmed scumbag life.

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!
I’ve never met a non psycho numerology person. I’m pretty open to out there poo poo, but numerology people have always been the most insane people in the world.

Confusedslight
Jan 9, 2020
The rehearsal is a much easier watch and I like it! Shame about the shorter time. Bound to be so much great material that had to be cut out.

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
I don't trust people who pray aloud or think numbers have magical significance to their whims

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

Khanstant posted:

I don't trust people who pray aloud

Which reminds me of how the wannabe mother was praying to God that she knows the show is manipulative or whatever but please lord just let this all work out for her.

This show is incredible, I'm so on board for everything it wants to deliver.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

Phenotype posted:

hahaha for me this was the other way around -- at first he was coming across as a little eccentric and spiritual and I was like yeah, he's weird but maybe not a bad match for this lady who's also kind of an eccentric spiritual weirdo, but then Nathan goes with him in the car and jeeeez... This is something out of the DSM, right? That sort of obsession with seeing the numbers all around him and assigning some special meaning to them? And the way he shut down completely when his roommate, very reasonably, is like "It's just two numbers, I don't see why that's really significant, don't you think you ought to focus more on this person that you might want to be with?"

i see the number 23 everywhere, like many people do, but this guy was just too much even for me

like, if you assign significance to every fuckin number, then yeah no poo poo you're gonna see them everywhere

:tinfoil: numbers man :tinfoil:

the technical psych term for it is apophenia. it's fun to have. it really makes you believe you're super insane because your brain constantly finds all these things that, to you, don't seem crazy. like, even though i am aware i'm crazy, i also still kind of believe i'm seeing something that isn't just coincidence. i just frame it as some kind of effect of quantum stuff and consciousness being split across multiple realities. that sort of thing

fosborb
Dec 15, 2006

Chronic Good Poster

lmao

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
to be clear, with me it's not just numbers. it's much weirder stuff. like how there's a dude who works at the weed dispensary who one day was dressed exactly like a dead friend of mine, and also looked exactly like him as far as the exact facial hair etc, and i have literally never seen anyone dressed exactly like that except my dead friend and this guy, so my brain is like "SOMEHOW THIS MEANS SOMETHING"

God Hole
Mar 2, 2016

well I'm going to be thinking about that scene of Nathan dispassionately running a dozen children through a parental consent manufacturing flow chart with a 100% success rate for a while

George H.W. Cunt
Oct 6, 2010

Everyone involved with this show is insane lol

Old Kentucky Shark
May 25, 2012

If you think you're gonna get sympathy from the shark, well then, you won't.

God Hole posted:

well I'm going to be thinking about that scene of Nathan dispassionately running a dozen children through a parental consent manufacturing flow chart with a 100% success rate for a while

I’ve started mentally constructing these for when I have to talk to strangers on the phone.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

https://twitter.com/TotalFilf/status/1550769875563544576

God Hole
Mar 2, 2016

*friendly chuckle*

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

God Hole posted:

*friendly chuckle*

Disturbingly similar to some call center scripts I've seen over the years

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

I would like to hear more about the government's sasquatch liaisons

Grizzled Patriarch
Mar 27, 2014

These dentures won't stop me from tearing out jugulars in Thunderdome.

Nathan Fielder has a genuine gift for sniffing out the weirdest people on the planet lol. genuinely thought the Christian numerologist was gonna be a plant, and the "night owl" who falls asleep within 15 minutes of his shift and then casually starts talking about sasquatch liaisons is just a cherry on top. Kinda surprised this was only 30 minutes but it sounds like this rehearsal might be the through-line for the season?

Also lol at his dragging along his reproduction bar to hang out in. I hope by the end he's just transporting a small town with him between episodes.

Whoever is in charge of this show's budget must be crying themselves to sleep in the fetal position every night.

wuggles
Jul 12, 2017

This is the story of how one man took a fuckload of money from HBO

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
This show is so deranged. The scene where she was praying for nathan, robin, nathan's flowchart, oh my god.

love to imagine showing that guy the person on tiktok who made an eel pit under his garage

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
dumb prediction: the show is going to end with someone who wants to rehearse operating a business and they are going to use the fake alligator lounge

ymgve
Jan 2, 2004

:dukedog:
Offensive Clock

WampaLord posted:

That was the absolute best way things could have ended with him. I guess Nathan had a hunch that hammering the "cry" button would get him out of there real quick

Lister
Apr 23, 2004

Grizzled Patriarch posted:

Nathan Fielder has a genuine gift for sniffing out the weirdest people on the planet lol.

The power of craigslist.

Parakeet vs. Phone
Nov 6, 2009

Help Im Alive posted:

I would like to hear more about the government's sasquatch liaisons

It's probably a lot more wild than you'd think. If I'm guessing my theory right he's into the Missing 411 stuff, which is the theory that organized sasquatch clans are being allowed to abduct people from national parks with the government's assistance :).

Again, Nathan's pretty great at just letting people talk and getting crazy material out of them.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

Snooze Cruise posted:

dumb prediction: the show is going to end with someone who wants to rehearse operating a business and they are going to use the fake alligator lounge

with all the talk about how he gets "drawn into the project" and the last episode being kept from critics, i was sure the finale was gonna be him getting married to the woman, but after seeing her, i really... don't think that's what's gonna happen lmao

mastajake
Oct 3, 2005

My blade is unBENDING!

Oh yeah that was definitely intentional.

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

Snooze Cruise posted:

:yeah:

or rehearsing for being a bartender or speed dating, something like that

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

a new study bible! posted:

What is it about Nathan that attracts the most parasocial viewership?

he just like me fr fr

Lister
Apr 23, 2004

precision posted:

with all the talk about how he gets "drawn into the project" and the last episode being kept from critics, i was sure the finale was gonna be him getting married to the woman, but after seeing her, i really... don't think that's what's gonna happen lmao

Looking back on the season trailer with some context now, you can recognize some spoilers. So if you can't wait, go back and watch that again.

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!
I feel like by the end he’s going to create an entire rehearsal life and city, and that’s when he will become a super villain.

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

The episode is called scion because scion means descendant and it’s about kids

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

double negative
Jul 7, 2003

robin’s lifelong dream had me dying