Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

mooseinfants
Dec 22, 2014
They already announced 2 rematches for Smackdown next week lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Drakkel
May 6, 2007

IT'S LIKE I CAN TOUCH YOU!
Vince nonwithstanding WWE doesn't really have the roster for it. When you only have like 3 main eventers you're gonna have a billion rematches.

Low Desert Punk
Jul 4, 2012

i have absolutely no fucking money
E: wrong thread

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc

NienNunb posted:

Hope you guys weren’t getting too used to seeing Claudio around

ROH champion Claudio Castagnoli?

Somebody fucked around with this message at 02:41 on Jul 24, 2022

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

i went to one of these wrestling shows and it was... honestly? frickin boring. i wanna see ricky! i want to see his gold chains and respect for the ftw lifestyle

lmfao it was full ronald reagan jellybeans round there for the last bit huh

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
I'm the light going on in Vince's mind as he decides Roman/Brock would be a fun match to run. I'm incredibly tired

Astro7x
Aug 4, 2004
Thinks It's All Real

NienNunb posted:

If Steph and Triple H make the shows good again I’ll absolutely go back to watching wwf

They have one shot to not gently caress this up, really... it's all on Steph and Triple H now. It's not that hard to make some obvious changes after summerslam to show they are moving in the right direction

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

Astro7x posted:

They have one shot to not gently caress this up, really... it's all on Steph and Triple H now. It's not that hard to make some obvious changes after summerslam to show they are moving in the right direction

0% chance of that.

Invalid Validation
Jan 13, 2008

Yea, good luck with that.

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

It'll be different this time, WWE will turn it all around.

source: dude, trust me

Tampa Bae
Aug 23, 2021

Please, this is all I have
I hope HHH decides he wants to go back to war with AEW and Cody starts cutting meta promos which somehow just end up in Triple H vs Cody at Wrestlemania and Lesner vs Reigns and we learn that Vince has just been sending in scripts the whole time because he can't just sit at home

bebaloorpabopalo
Nov 23, 2005

I'm not interested in constructive criticism, believe me.

Astro7x posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WRbhkuvq2xc

Tampa Bae
Aug 23, 2021

lol wasnt that whole bit done because they thought they were about to sign Kenny & The Bucks

Hoss Corncave
Feb 13, 2012

Tampa Bae posted:

lol wasnt that whole bit done because they thought they were about to sign Kenny & The Bucks

Yeah. They were so confident that they'd done it too.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

if i recall correctly, kenny and the bucks had signed the deals, but upon further inspection they used awful made up names like, "Austin Theory" and "Grizzled Young Veterans." the signings weren't on camera so it couldn't be proven who signed the deals, and they were void.

El Generico
Feb 3, 2009

Birds revere you and consider you one of their own.

You are welcome in their holy places.
I think Vince leaving is a pretty reasonable reason to think the WWE product might change. It's certainly not a guarantee, but acting like it's the same reason/likelihood as "because they said they would" is pretty silly.

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"
When Kevin Dunn is no longer employed by WWE, THAT is when we will all know for certain that Vince isn't calling the shots anymore.

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

I’m lolling, personally, imagining this play out exactly like Death of Stalin. The mad rush to mourn him before he’s dead, to secure public support of his idiot son and daughter, the fact that HHH is Malenkov. It’s just all lining up a little too perfect and I’m lolling over it. Imagine that one scene, but with a sweaty gassed Shane

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Emergency confection port.

are you implying Triple H wears a girdle

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

never seen that poo poo. don't know any of the political figures from the past. i'm wasting your air. dean malenkov

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

It's like goldy or bronzy, but made of iron.

"I'm off to represent the entire Nightmare Family at the buffet."

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold

That DICK! posted:

I’m lolling, personally, imagining this play out exactly like Death of Stalin. The mad rush to mourn him before he’s dead, to secure public support of his idiot son and daughter, the fact that HHH is Malenkov. It’s just all lining up a little too perfect and I’m lolling over it. Imagine that one scene, but with a sweaty gassed Shane

so Kevin Dunn is Beria or what?

Majinfoose
Jul 26, 2007

HOLY SHIT
This vegan brisket is bussin

Lamuella posted:

I love you

ThePariah
Feb 10, 2014

Lamuella posted:

Serperoth
Feb 21, 2013

Raskolnikov38 posted:

I thought Riddle and Theory were the sex pests (now that Vince is gone)

Lamuella posted:

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

Raskolnikov38 posted:

Sounds like half the management in that company could pass for that degenerate monster.

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011

Lamuella posted:

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

Lamuella posted:

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold

Serperoth posted:

I thought Riddle and Theory were the sex pests (now that Vince is gone)

ah I was thinking more “who is everyone else rushing to kill first”

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc

Tampa Bae posted:

I hope HHH decides he wants to go back to war with AEW and Cody starts cutting meta promos which somehow just end up in Triple H vs Cody at Wrestlemania and Lesner vs Reigns and we learn that Vince has just been sending in scripts the whole time because he can't just sit at home

They're gonna move smackdown to Wednesday

TV Zombie
Sep 6, 2011

Burying all the trauma from past nights
Burying my anger in the past

Do you think hhh would have a grudge against Cody for that throne destroying symbolism?

Long-Time Lurker
May 20, 2021

readin'-but-not-postin'-jones
Didn't Cody say Triple H was his favourite wrestler in an interview after rejoining WWE? Thought that funny after all the overt HHH references he made previously.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
He just wanted senpai to notice him :(

Sydney Bottocks
Oct 15, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 15 days!

Lamuella posted:

"Tell me something. Why has my entrance elevator been replaced by two ramps on top of two boxes? I mean, I'm smiling, but I am very loving furious."

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

SG Bamboo posted:

It'll be different this time, WWE will turn it all around.

source: dude, trust me

Right? People are saying the same exact poo poo they all said every other time Vince retired

Origin
Feb 15, 2006

Lamuella posted:

I hosed Triple H in the Wednesday Night Wars, I think I can take a bucked-tooth sex pest in a loving waist coat.

CobiWann
Oct 21, 2009

Have fun!

Lamuella posted:

"Alright, gentlemen - choose your dates."

"I'll take the tall blonde."

"Didn't I fire you, Kevin?"

Tampa Bae
Aug 23, 2021

TV Zombie posted:

Do you think hhh would have a grudge against Cody for that throne destroying symbolism?
idk you tell me if the guy who had to definitively beat every ex WCW guy in a feud including a returning sting is petty or not

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

Tampa Bae posted:

idk you tell me if the guy who had to definitively beat every ex WCW guy in a feud including a returning sting is petty or not

It would be really cool if HHH put on his Wrestlemania cyborg armor to pin all the guys that will be fleeing AEW now that WWE is undeniably good again

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010
I occasionally wonder if HHH's career doesn't go differently if he keeps using the diamond cutter as a finisher instead of agreeing to not use it after DDP asked nicely to not take the thing that was getting him over