Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bigbillthaboss
Feb 25, 2013

TRASH ASS EDGELORD,
PUT ME ON IGNORE

Potato Salad > Show post history

yep makes... wait, why do you keep posting so many pictures of me its weird?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Solus
May 31, 2011

Drongos.
Because your posting is dogshit, bill.

Vilgan
Dec 30, 2012

Kind of crazy to leave on a trip for 2 weeks with some outrage bubbling to come back to Mittens gone and like 300 pages of posts here and in the old new thread.

While I didn't fit in with GSF (cultural revolution still had a ways to go), I really liked Init. The only reason I left is because I despised mittens and refused to be a part of a large org with him at the head. Was a bit weird bailing on my squad while quietly suppressing "but I can't loving stand our coalition leader" as the reason for departing. Sounds like they are still around (the wormhole dudes), no clue how many have left GSF over recent events.

For goosefleet: I assume you can figure it all out, but if you want a nice pathfinder setup you might want to reach out to Ajaxify. He is an SA poster and did some nice custom updates for our group there that I'd assume he'd be up for sharing.

Wormholes are good poo poo :) When you have a large group of actives, could also bounce over to pochven for some larger group pvpve. Good isk and more conducive (imo) to group pve stuff when you have 8-15 people active. Foxholers and various other wormhole groups do that periodically as well.

Glad to see mittens gone, curious to see if this results in real actual tangible change.

Thread start mentions Brave as a landing place, but there's also Volta and the GTC if Brave doesn't appeal but you like the idea of being a part of the most interesting war going on atm (imo) :). And is a pretty competent/fun group as well.

Voyager I
Jun 29, 2012

This is how your posting feels.
🐥🐥🐥🐥🐥

Xolve posted:

Worth noting that except for Goons getting kicked out of Deklein, and the recent war in Delve, I "quit" in 2015.

My shared perspective here is a reflection of 2007-2014 EVE. Nobody gave a poo poo about people being past members of Goons.

I'm from the same era and I don't think we were ever really saw ourselves as 'bogeymen'. We were part of a major power bloc so obviously dangerous on the level of grand strategy, and we had small groups that liked to travel the galaxy being fuckers, but PL was definitely the thing that went bump in the night for capital pilots.

Our understanding was that we were cultural outsiders to the game who deliberately antagonized the natives, though that was more to do with highsec carebears and the E-Bushido types, and even then only really at the level of random line-members interacting. Politically we staked our identity on keeping our promises and respecting our commitments to their allies, even if we talked poo poo about their posting.

hailthefish
Oct 24, 2010

Voyager I posted:

Our understanding was that we were cultural outsiders to the game who deliberately antagonized the natives, though that was more to do with highsec carebears and the E-Bushido types, and even then only really at the level of random line-members interacting. Politically we staked our identity on keeping our promises and respecting our commitments to their allies, even if we talked poo poo about their posting.

And now the culture of 2008 Goonswarm is baaaasically the culture of all of EVE Online. The posting isn't funny yet and there's a decent helping of redditness involved too but that e-bushido poo poo is dead, and even the elite peeveepee stuff is kinda gone.

Bigbillthaboss
Feb 25, 2013

TRASH ASS EDGELORD,
PUT ME ON IGNORE

Solus posted:

Because your posting is dogshit, bill.

I just want you to know...

...I learned this from you and the others.

andromache
Aug 27, 2009

Lawful Neutral Paper Pusher Elemental.

Bad Purchase posted:

don't know how you can hate him after he made the best post in this thread

so good the mods preserved it in his rap sheet

I been living rent free in Dozer's head since the last thread where his every other post was spamming my name. You see, it's in Dozer's nature to gently caress goons, and unfortunately to my great chagrin I was involved in giving him a second chance in GSF the last 3 or 4 times he was there... or as he so eloquently put it a few pages back... when I was carrying water for him.

I'm glad Dozer found a group of people to play this dying game with - I just have zero desire to be one of them again. And I'd love to be wrong - that in a few weeks or months we aren't sitting here riveted by the latest Dozer Done Dozed, Again story, but given how he's been carrying on about me like the bitterest of bitter exes despite me not having directly responding to any of his posts since I told him to leave me alone, it certainly doesn't feel like anything has changed with him.

And yeah, that post was totally worth the 24 hr probe.

Bigbillthaboss
Feb 25, 2013

TRASH ASS EDGELORD,
PUT ME ON IGNORE

andromache posted:

Mandozer is a butte

for those who don't read too well (most of you)

Solus
May 31, 2011

Drongos.
getting my post in before mandozer reads the above posts and proceeds to mandoze everywhere mandozerishly

Bigbillthaboss
Feb 25, 2013

TRASH ASS EDGELORD,
PUT ME ON IGNORE
"Mandozer is a cool dude and good poster" -

BigPaddy
Jun 30, 2008

That night we performed the rite and opened the gate.
Halfway through, I went to fix us both a coke float.
By the time I got back, he'd gone insane.
Plus, he'd left the gate open and there was evil everywhere.

I mean sure but he is no Special K

TheWeedNumber
Apr 20, 2020

by sebmojo

andromache posted:

I been living rent free in Dozer's head since the last thread where his every other post was spamming my name. You see, it's in Dozer's nature to gently caress goons, and unfortunately to my great chagrin I was involved in giving him a second chance in GSF the last 3 or 4 times he was there... or as he so eloquently put it a few pages back... when I was carrying water for him.

I'm glad Dozer found a group of people to play this dying game with - I just have zero desire to be one of them again. And I'd love to be wrong - that in a few weeks or months we aren't sitting here riveted by the latest Dozer Done Dozed, Again story, but given how he's been carrying on about me like the bitterest of bitter exes despite me not having directly responding to any of his posts since I told him to leave me alone, it certainly doesn't feel like anything has changed with him.

And yeah, that post was totally worth the 24 hr probe.

gently caress you

Potato Salad
Oct 23, 2014

nobody cares

It's a good day when the people still posting on SA for whatever reason are only capable of brief, empty tangents and diversions--rather than daring to even come close to touching the core subject matter of conscious endorsement of *waves arms* everything, take your pick.

We've got one guy getting lost in the weeds about sunglasses pictures, one who said nothing happened, and yet another who is sealioning for receipts when they're readily available.

They know that what happened is indefensible.

It's as close to an admission of guilt as you can get in 2022.

Potato Salad fucked around with this message at 02:26 on Jul 25, 2022

twigplant
Jun 9, 2009

You're asking me to believe in sentient meat.

Dalmuti posted:

Without a space where people can have candid discussions and disagreements, its impossible to move forward. The leaks in question were weaponized as part of a failed effort to destroy the alliance, and should not be relied on as part of a checks and balances system. The leaks caused far more harm than they did good.

If people want a complaints/HR team just like real corporations to police all in game and out of game conduct, then lets adopt the whole package. That means NDA's, non-compete's and mandatory sensitivity training.

Also NDA's do not mean court battles, it can stipulate for all disputes to be settled through arbitration which is quick process. If someone feels so strongly about something they have to betray confidences, they can endure the consequences for doing so

uh oh, our d-name poster relapsed into d-name posting. :cripes:

Gwyneth Palpate
Jun 7, 2010

Do you want your breadcrumbs highlighted?

~SMcD

Potato Salad posted:

yet another who is sealioning for receipts when they're readily available.

Is this one supposed to be me? Like I said, I have not read much of FNLN's posts. They're largely incomprehensible; not to mention the absolute shitstorm of frenzied posting in the previous thread drowning out all meaning. If you can keep up with it, good for you -- I am dumb as all gently caress and cannot.
I don't even disagree that something like that would happen; I'd just not heard about it. Communication is important and difficult; rather than dress someone down for not prying out the 20-30 words of actual content out of a veritable word salad, maybe just help them out.

Potato Salad
Oct 23, 2014

nobody cares

Gwyneth Palpate posted:

Is this one supposed to be me?

Goddamn you're a good egg, questioning yourself and engaging in good faith.

No, I'm referring to the Stephen Harper guy.

^^ What the hell is going on with this NDA stuff :confuoot:

Potato Salad fucked around with this message at 03:03 on Jul 25, 2022

Mederlock
Jun 23, 2012

You won't recognize Canada when I'm through with it
Grimey Drawer

Potato Salad posted:

It's a good day when the people still posting on SA for whatever reason are only capable of brief, empty tangents and diversions--rather than daring to even come close to touching the core subject matter of conscious endorsement of *waves arms* everything, take your pick.

We've got one guy getting lost in the weeds about sunglasses pictures, one who said nothing happened, and yet another who is sealioning for receipts when they're readily available.

They know that what happened is indefensible.

It's as close to an admission of guilt as you can get in 2022.

So do you have these receipts of Bill dropping the n word in his rap videos or what? Because I watched and listened to them all and I'm pretty sure you're wrong there :shrug: . I mean it's pretty straightforward to prove or disprove this particular claim of yours. If the guy is guilty of it it's just as simple as posting the clip.

E: and let it be known that Stephen Harper is scum, I just thought that portrait was goofy as gently caress and it was back in the days where I posted in the canpol thread

Mederlock fucked around with this message at 02:57 on Jul 25, 2022

Potato Salad
Oct 23, 2014

nobody cares

I'll be straight with you, when a poster with a reputable history comes in here and describes approaching Bill about those lyrics as well as Bill's defense of those lyrics, the bar of preponderance has been met for me.

Bill's predilections merely provide additional clearance.

There's obviously nothing wrong with wanting a recording....I guess? Except that, beyond a point, "I'm holding out for more evidence / results / time" becomes a stalling move men use to enable lovely poo poo IRL and online, so I suppose I need to back this all down into red flag territory. I do note prior posts effectively holding out to, to wit, "see what happens in GSF." Fron my perspective, that's a hot potato.

also who got mad enough to give you a Steven Harper av? edit: ah

Potato Salad fucked around with this message at 03:16 on Jul 25, 2022

CainFortea
Oct 15, 2004

Mederlock posted:

So do you have these receipts of Bill dropping the n word in his rap videos or what? Because I watched and listened to them all and I'm pretty sure you're wrong there :shrug: . I mean it's pretty straightforward to prove or disprove this particular claim of yours. If the guy is guilty of it it's just as simple as posting the clip.

E: and let it be known that Stephen Harper is scum, I just thought that portrait was goofy as gently caress and it was back in the days where I posted in the canpol thread

Unlike you i've spent time with him on comms so I know drat well he does.

Potato Salad
Oct 23, 2014

nobody cares

I need a greasemonkey script that filters posts containing the string "due process" from non-SCOTUS/policing threads

Bigbillthaboss
Feb 25, 2013

TRASH ASS EDGELORD,
PUT ME ON IGNORE

CainFortea posted:

Unlike you i've spent time with him on comms so I know drat well he does.

you're confusing me with someone else I believe

esto es malo
Aug 3, 2006

Don't want to end up a cartoon

In a cartoon graveyard

Bigbillthaboss posted:

I dunno man everything seems sort of fine now

lol

Wolfy
Jul 13, 2009

Eh, dozer never hosed hole squad he’s alright in my book

Jazzzzz
May 16, 2002

twigplant posted:

uh oh, our d-name poster relapsed into d-name posting. :cripes:

Dalmuti actually runs counter to the d-name posting trend - but he does occasionally post unattributed psychotic reddit/GF.com content here.

tl;dr you been trolled

TheWeedNumber
Apr 20, 2020

by sebmojo

Wolfy posted:

Eh, dozer never hosed hole squad he’s alright in my book

never hosed ISRAD or PL either. It seems that the people who taught me to scam, rob, and awox get real mad when it happens to them.

FruitNYogurtParfait
Mar 29, 2006

Sion lied. Deadtear died for our sins. #VengeanceForDeadtear
#PunGateNeverForget
#ModLivesMatter
yeah cool that you never hosed with the other place with known literal pedos idk why you're bragging dozer

Rojo_Sombrero
May 8, 2006
I ebayed my EQ account and all I got was an SA account

Vilgan posted:

Kind of crazy to leave on a trip for 2 weeks with some outrage bubbling to come back to Mittens gone and like 300 pages of posts here and in the old new thread.

While I didn't fit in with GSF (cultural revolution still had a ways to go), I really liked Init. The only reason I left is because I despised mittens and refused to be a part of a large org with him at the head. Was a bit weird bailing on my squad while quietly suppressing "but I can't loving stand our coalition leader" as the reason for departing. Sounds like they are still around (the wormhole dudes), no clue how many have left GSF over recent events.

For goosefleet: I assume you can figure it all out, but if you want a nice pathfinder setup you might want to reach out to Ajaxify. He is an SA poster and did some nice custom updates for our group there that I'd assume he'd be up for sharing.

Wormholes are good poo poo :) When you have a large group of actives, could also bounce over to pochven for some larger group pvpve. Good isk and more conducive (imo) to group pve stuff when you have 8-15 people active. Foxholers and various other wormhole groups do that periodically as well.

Glad to see mittens gone, curious to see if this results in real actual tangible change.

Thread start mentions Brave as a landing place, but there's also Volta and the GTC if Brave doesn't appeal but you like the idea of being a part of the most interesting war going on atm (imo) :). And is a pretty competent/fun group as well.

I stayed despite Mittens because I really loved Theta. But when Theta became the biggest koolaid drinkers. It was time to go out the door myself. On the subject of Ajaxify he's a great dude and will continue heading up NOFU. Months back I handed leadership over to him when I took a break from Eve..again. Back for now went to The Greater Goon instead of Goosefleet. I like K-Space more than WH's but to each their own as for playing this game.

Rojo_Sombrero
May 8, 2006
I ebayed my EQ account and all I got was an SA account

FruitNYogurtParfait posted:

yeah cool that you never hosed with the other place with known literal pedos idk why you're bragging dozer

He may as well show his rear end. He already showed his dick to Rydis.

Potato Salad
Oct 23, 2014

nobody cares

Rojo_Sombrero posted:

Hold up, was there more going on here than "Rydis coerced Mandozer to mass post a dickpic"

TheWeedNumber
Apr 20, 2020

by sebmojo

shots fired for sure itt

point is i never awoxed people who treated me good. I shoulda awoxed BFM though you right.

Rojo_Sombrero posted:

what are you tryna say here?

TheWeedNumber
Apr 20, 2020

by sebmojo

Potato Salad posted:

Hold up, was there more going on here than "Rydis coerced Mandozer to mass post a dickpic"

nope

FruitNYogurtParfait
Mar 29, 2006

Sion lied. Deadtear died for our sins. #VengeanceForDeadtear
#PunGateNeverForget
#ModLivesMatter

TheWeedNumber posted:

shots fired for sure itt

point is i never awoxed people who treated me good. I shoulda awoxed BFM though you right.

all i ask is you work towards dragging that freak as much as i did him and others

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

Jesus loving christ stop posting about posting you insufferable fuckwits

TheWeedNumber
Apr 20, 2020

by sebmojo

all i ask is you work towards dragging that freak as much as i did him and others

you got it

CainFortea
Oct 15, 2004

Potato Salad posted:

Did Rydis ever confirm this version?

TheWeedNumber
Apr 20, 2020

by sebmojo

CainFortea posted:

why would i lie about this?

Feliday Melody
May 8, 2021

CainFortea posted:

Please don't. We've already been through so much of this. It's no different.

CainFortea
Oct 15, 2004

Feliday Melody posted:

Please don't. We've already been through so much of this. It's no different.

No different than what?

Kaysette
Jan 5, 2009

~*Boston makes me*~
~*feel good*~

:wrongcity:

The Shortest Path posted:

Jesus loving christ stop posting about posting

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Toxic Fart Syndrome
Jul 2, 2006

*hits A-THREAD-5*

Only 3.6 Roentgoons per hour ... not great, not terrible.

...the meter only goes to 3.6...

Pork Pro
Like, at least the crazy people who defend the Catholic Church can point to literally a thousand years of brainwashing and Popery but some of y’all are dying on the hill for a virtual space club that isn’t even twenty years old...
:lol::laffo::lol:
:thunk: