Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

zimbomonkey
Jul 15, 2008

Tattoos? On MY black quarterback?
Candy corn has always made my teeth and stomach hurt. Also it tastes terrible. No thank you. I'd rather eat circus peanuts.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"
Candy that the Devil himself made:

Circus Peanuts
Candy Corn
Black Licorice
Peeps
Good & Plenty
Raisinets

Cat Hassler
Feb 7, 2006

Slippery Tilde

Gonz posted:

Circus Peanuts
Candy Corn
Black Licorice
Peeps
Good & Plenty
Raisinets

Mounds bars too

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"

Cat Hassler posted:

Mounds bars too

And Dots.

To hell with Dots.

Woozie66
Sep 8, 2009

I'll wait for the next era

Henrik Zetterberg posted:

If the Browns alternate helmet doesn’t include Brownie the elf, I’m going to riot.

Here, I saw this fan mock up and now you will too

https://twitter.com/CharlesMerl1078/status/1551308791181893633?t=qfTBWHi0wCU35ifszHqvtA&s=19

Ornery and Hornery
Oct 22, 2020

Creamsicle buccaneers when??

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Damn it, this always happens. I think I'm gonna score, and then I never score. It's not fair.

Wedge Regret

Ornery and Hornery posted:

Creamsicle buccaneers when??

Next season. They’ve been announced for 2023 since almost the same day the NFL changed the helmet rule.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

tinstaach posted:

How long must it have taken for him to screenshot and tweet all 51 of these?? just go do something else dude

To be fair that is a very insane article to write alongside being a very insane article to get annoyed enough at that you screenshot the whole thing 51 times.

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

Gonz posted:

Peeps
Mods, please ban this sick filth.

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Always playing with my meat
Grimey Drawer
https://twitter.com/shannonsharpeee/status/1550604307828920320?s=20&t=mT_1O5T5pnCqTkLmcxeDYw

Huh.

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

what

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
AB if you’re gonna try to do this at least try

That dance is the laziest poo poo

Docjowles
Apr 9, 2009

AAAAA! Real Muenster posted:

Mods, please ban this sick filth.

My wife’s family owns a small chocolate and candy making business. One very simple thing they do is peeps dipped in good chocolate, and that poo poo slaps.

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

Docjowles posted:

My wife’s family owns a small chocolate and candy making business. One very simple thing they do is peeps dipped in good chocolate, and that poo poo slaps.
Its a good thing I dont know where that is because if I did, I'd be diabetic within a week.

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

Amy Pole Her posted:

AB if you’re gonna try to do this at least try

That dance is the laziest poo poo

Jackson puts like infinitely more effort into his awful dancing than AB did up there on stage

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

It looks like NFL Game Pass has been renamed NFL+.
https://twitter.com/benbbaldwin/status/1551563034107252738

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.
gently caress yeah every out of market preseason game just what we’ve all dreamt of

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Diva Cupcake posted:

Can I just steal my dads account or

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Always playing with my meat
Grimey Drawer
I just realized my favorite part of having Brady on the Bucs now (aside form obvious SB win) is that I haven't had any trouble watching games in Atlanta. The two Atlanta games are televised here obviously but we have so many national games and if it's not national it's the alternate to whoever is playing, so odds are I'll get to watch it. I think I only wasn't able to watch like 2 games last year at home which I then just went to a bar.

Thank you, Tom Brady.

Vertical Lime
Dec 11, 2004

Diva Cupcake posted:

also you now have to pay for legal streaming of in-market broadcast games

they were free via yahoo the past few years

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

It's Monday Morning, end of July, and it's Sando's QB tiers time, I'm hard as hell

https://theathletic.com/3443022/2022/07/25/nfl-best-quarterbacks-tiers/

Tier 1 (You win because of them): Rodgers, Mahomes, Brady, Allen, Herbert, Burrow
Tier 2 (Inconsistent, but very good): Stafford, Wilson, Sex Crimes, Lamar, Dak, Carr, Kyler, Matt Ryan
Tier 3 (System QB's): Cousins, Jimmy G, Tannehill, Mac, Baker, Hurts, Wentz, Goff, Lawrence, Winston
Tier 4 (Unproven or lousy Vets): Fields, Tua, Mills, Wilson, Lance, Daniel, Mariota, Darnold, Trubisky, Lock
Tier 5 (Should be a backup): Geno

quote:

The full 2022 Quarterback Tiers results are below for every veteran starter. The results reflect voting from 50 NFL coaches and executives, including six general managers, eight head coaches, 10 evaluators, 12 coordinators, six quarterback coaches and seven execs whose specialties include analytics, game management and the salary cap. The remaining ballot was put together by four members of one team’s personnel department.

The panel placed 35 veteran quarterbacks into one of five tiers, from best (Tier 1) to worst (Tier 5). Quarterbacks were then ranked by average vote and placed into tiers based on vote distribution, beginning with Aaron Rodgers, whose 1.00 average vote reflected his status as a unanimous Tier 1 selection.

There's a writeup on each QB, and I'll go ahead and post the one most likely to have people going bwuhhhh?

quote:

14. Matt Ryan
Ryan is holding on, coming within two votes of falling into Tier 3 for the first time in nine seasons of balloting.

“I thought he would do well in Atlanta with Arthur Smith managing the game like he did for Ryan Tannehill,” a GM said. “He is definitely on the decline arm strength-wise.”

Getting traded to a potential playoff team changed the outlook for some.

“I still think he can play,” an evaluator said. “If you give him the run game and protect him, especially if you can protect him up the middle, he can throw it well enough and he’s smart enough to keep the train going. With those guys (Colts), I think he’s got a great chance.”

Voters felt Ryan’s arm strength was waning as his age-37 season approaches. He is six years removed from his last Pro Bowl and five removed from his last winning season. Some contributing factors have been beyond Ryan’s control. Atlanta has ranked worse than every team but the Raiders in combined EPA on defense and special teams over the past five seasons, including 27th last season (Indy was 11th). The Falcons’ offensive infrastructure has been gutted.

“With the Falcons, he just didn’t have any help,” a former GM said. “I’m not saying he’s the same guy who won MVP, but I’m saying if you protect him and you can run the ball, he will get the ball to the right guy, he will see the blitz, he’ll pick all that stuff up, and he’ll make plays. If you get the ball in 2-minute and you’ve got to go the length of the field to win the game throwing the ball, he can do that. He’s very competitive. I think they’ve got a chance to get two years from him.”

A quarterbacks coach drew parallels to Philip Rivers’ signing with Indianapolis two years ago, contending Indy was going to win 10 games with him whether or not Rivers was still in the top two tiers. A GM thought Ryan’s arm had diminished to the point of becoming a liability in pure-pass situations.

“Matt Ryan physically has less ability than the guy they got rid of (Carson Wentz),” a defensive coach said. “What they’re hoping is, this guy is a better leader and less mistake-prone. Frank (Reich) wants someone who can control the offense, and I think they are going to work together, and I think Matt is a good manager. He’s going to try to take care of the ball and go to the right spot, so I think that’s going to be a better pairing.”

and just to be mean

quote:

Skepticism continues to engulf Turnadaballovah. Last offseason, voters placed him in Tier 4 partly because they didn’t have enough information to place him elsewhere. This offseason, voters placed him there because they’ve seen enough to say he does not belong higher.

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

Kalli posted:

Turnadaballovah
Is this some extremely dogshit way of saying Tagovailoa? So Ryan gets a pass for being on a dogshit team but Tua doesnt, and gets a pet name too? Whoever wrote this can eat a bag of dicks just for the dumb semi-racist names.

shirts and skins
Jun 25, 2007

Good morning!
Last two! Oooh yeah! Nowhere to go but up babyyyyy

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

These are people with high level coaching jobs in the NFL. Re: Lamar.

quote:

“If he has to pass to win the game, they ain’t winning the game,” another defensive coordinator said. “He’s so unique as an athlete and he’s really a good football player, but I don’t (care) if he wins the league MVP 12 times, I don’t think he’ll ever be a 1 as a quarterback. He’ll be a 1 as a football player, but not as a quarterback. So many games come down to two-minute, and that is why they have a hard time advancing even when they are good on defense. Playoffs are tight. You have to be able to throw the ball, and he is just so inconsistent throwing the ball. It is hit or miss.”

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Is this some extremely dogshit way of saying Tagovailoa? So Ryan gets a pass for being on a dogshit team but Tua doesnt, and gets a pet name too? Whoever wrote this can eat a bag of dicks just for the dumb semi-racist names.

No I did that, because people keep saying variations on it in the AFC East thread and it makes me laugh.

Diva Cupcake posted:

Maybe the Ravens could invest in a receiver or something, I dunno.

Kalli fucked around with this message at 15:42 on Jul 25, 2022

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

Kalli posted:

No I did that, because people keep saying variations on it in the AFC East thread and it makes me laugh.
Oh okay thats different. I know you're not that kind of rear end in a top hat so lol at my post.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Oh okay thats different. I know you're not that kind of rear end in a top hat so lol at my post.

It's all good. I was about to say 'not racist' but in my head it's always being said by the most jersey italian guy imaginable, so I gotta wave my hand slightly on that one.

Feel free to replace with thick-southie with the exact same reasoning.

Kalli fucked around with this message at 15:48 on Jul 25, 2022

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Kalli posted:

It's Monday Morning, end of July, and it's Sando's QB tiers time, I'm hard as hell

There's a writeup on each QB, and I'll go ahead and post the one most likely to have people going bwuhhhh?

quote:

“Matt Ryan physically has less ability than the guy they got rid of (Carson Wentz),” a defensive coach said. “What they’re hoping is, this guy is a better leader and less mistake-prone. Frank (Reich) wants someone who can control the offense, and I think they are going to work together, and I think Matt is a good manager. He’s going to try to take care of the ball and go to the right spot, so I think that’s going to be a better pairing.”

I know many will think he's in the wrong tier and he is but am I missing something or is this just an um...no poo poo take? Wentz seems to be physically able to do everything, it's just that he does it all very badly these days.

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

Diva Cupcake posted:

.... didnt they come back against... the Raiders early last year? Or am I horribly mis-remembering? I'm in a meeting so I cant look it up right now. Also insert video of Hollywood Brown dropping TD passes here.

Kalli posted:

It's all good. I was about to say 'not racist' but in my head it's always being said by the most jersey italian guy imaginable, so I gotta wave my hand slightly on that one.
lol, yeah, I grew up in eastern PA so I feel you on that one

AAAAA! Real Muenster fucked around with this message at 15:47 on Jul 25, 2022

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Grittybeard posted:

I know many will think he's in the wrong tier and he is but am I missing something or is this just an um...no poo poo take? Wentz seems to be physically able to do everything, it's just that he does it all very badly these days.

I think everyone from Hurts on down should be in tier 4 personally (Hurts, Wentz, Goff, Lawrence, Winston), so yeah I'd do that and put Ryan down at the start of Tier 3. Ryan vs Cousins I'm also leaning pretty hard towards Cousins, but I can at least see the argument. I however, have seen some Falcons games recently too, so....

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

How many loses are attributed to Lamar but happened because maybe Harbaugh deciding to go for 2 so much with the game on the line was a bad idea because I forget which games he was not playing due to injury.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

This is what I was looking for:

https://twitter.com/SharpFootball/status/1551287571564617729

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Mac is gonna be #1 this season lmfao.

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

Grittybeard posted:

Ryan won't be throwing left handed shovel pass Insta, so that's a plus

Geno is better than Drew Lock fight me

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

Is this saying that the Dolphins were #1 in WR spend last year but are 27th this year? If so, uhhh, what?

Nissin Cup Nudist posted:

Geno is better than Drew Lock fight me
Why fight about something so meaningless?

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Is this saying that the Dolphins were #1 in WR spend last year but are 27th this year? If so, uhhh, what?

I’m not gonna bother looking but they got rid of Parker and I bet the cap hit for Hill is nothing this year.

Mystic Stylez
Dec 19, 2009

I think the years are in reverse (i.e. the most recent ones to the left)

I know the Chargers are now spending tons on WRs with the new Allen and Williams contracts for instance

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

I’m not gonna bother looking but they got rid of Parker and I bet the cap hit for Hill is nothing this year.
Ah good points, and they spent a bunch on the FA from the Texans that I cannot remember the name of last year plus the rookie contract for Waddle.

Mystic Stylez posted:

I think the years are in reverse (i.e. the most recent ones to the left)

I know the Chargers are now spending tons on WRs with the new Allen and Williams contracts for instance
Good call, that would help it make more sense, especially tied in with what Shimrra said w/r/t the Dolphins.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!
The Chargers are spending 20m+ on Keenan and Mike and basically nothing on the rest of their WRs

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

a neat cape posted:

The Chargers are spending 20m+ on Keenan and Mike and basically nothing on the rest of their WRs

Depth at WR is unironically overrated. Get two main guys and figure out the rest.