Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Vertical Lime
Dec 11, 2004

SonicRulez posted:

I can't believe I get to see Vince die in prison. I hope Bret is thrilled.

25 years after bret had to be sacrificed for the wwf to live, vince had to do the same thing to himself

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Astro7x
Aug 4, 2004
Thinks It's All Real

MassRafTer posted:

They think there is going to be a sale. And there might have to be if the investigation goes much further or Vince gets indicted. Probably not good if the biggest shareholder is on trial!

That brings up a serious question I've had about all this.

So Vince is retired and gone. Put Stephanie and Khan in as Co-CEOs, Triple H in charge of creative. But... Vince still owns the majority of the shares of the company. What is to stop him from coming back? Can't he just vote himself back in as CEO if he really wanted to?

I'd be seriously interested in how Vince's estate planning is set up in case he were to die. He's married to Linda, but not really. Shane is on his poo poo list apparently. Like does he have it set up so that all those shares go to Stephanie?

Vertical Lime
Dec 11, 2004

https://twitter.com/davemeltzerWON/status/1551581740954595333

meltz posted:

It was a huge morning of news from WWE with the official confirmation that Paul Levesque will assume the Vince McMahon role as having the final say in creative.

The current system will remain in place with a writing team as Bruce Prichard will head things up and report to Levesque. This dynamic was in place last Friday for SmackDown.

The new 8-K report filing noted that the McMahon departure was a resignation and not a retirement as was stated publicly.

In addition, the company has made a preliminary determination that certain payments that McMahon had authorized approximately $14.6 million in payments that were never recorded in WWE financial statements. These payments took place between 2006 and 2022.

It is not clear if this $14.6 million is related to the $12 million in payments uncovered in the recent Wall Street Journal article. The company anticipates it will revise its financial statements for 2019, 2020, and 2021 and the first quarter of 2022 to account for the unrecorded expenses that McMahon has said he will reimburse the company for.

They are aiming to publicly revise the documentation by August 9, although stated there is no assurance it will meet that deadline.

It was not specified if the payments to women, that had previously been claimed were by McMahon personally and not from company funds, constitute some or all of that $14.6 million. But this would likely be something that, when uncovered, forced McMahon out of the company.

The key to this revelation is that it would be almost impossible for McMahon to return to power and this won't be a temporary departure until the heat dies down as many in wrestling over the past few days had believed, noting the company track record over the years with people who had gotten negative publicity over different things.

They did say that the investigation by the board's special committee, meaning all members of the board aside from McMahon, Stephanie McMahon, Levesque and Nick Khan, remains ongoing.

The WWE released its expected second quarter (the WrestleMania quarter) financial results early. It showed $328 million in revenue with $92 million in OIBDA and $70 million in operating income. The numbers were above what most analysts had projected. This release was done today to attempt to keep any potential share price drop due to McMahon leaving to a minimum.

But the opposite happened. At the time of this writing, WWE stock price has risen $5.15 per share to $71.77.

This came after analyst Alan Gould of Loop Capital raised his guidance price for the stock from $59 to $90 per share based on an increased likelihood the company would be sold. Within Wall Street, there had been some talk of that in recent weeks even before the resignation of McMahon. Gould said that he expected a rise in U.S. television rights fees in 2025, and mentioned Comcast, Disney Amazon or Netflix as potential buyers.

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.
Ah the stock rise is on potential to be sold I can't wait for the purchasers to get a look at their books.

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:
https://mobile.twitter.com/davemeltzerWON/status/1551580841452572673

e

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

Lid posted:

Ah the stock rise is on potential to be sold I can't wait for the purchasers to get a look at their books.

Markets are always like this. massive layoffs? that's just preparing for future earnings.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Astro7x posted:

So Vince is retired and gone. Put Stephanie and Khan in as Co-CEOs, Triple H in charge of creative. But... Vince still owns the majority of the shares of the company. What is to stop him from coming back? Can't he just vote himself back in as CEO if he really wanted to?

I'd be seriously interested in how Vince's estate planning is set up in case he were to die. He's married to Linda, but not really. Shane is on his poo poo list apparently. Like does he have it set up so that all those shares go to Stephanie?

The photos of them all in public and Stephanie leading cheers for Vince made me assume Vince was just going to be managing things behind the scenes, and if things went downhill he might even decide to return. But if it's as bad as it looks, is he even still in the country?

xbilkis
Apr 11, 2005

god qb
me
jay hova
Doing the Thank You Vince chants even after his very obviously forced sudden "retirement" is soooo funny

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

Astro7x posted:

He can't directly vote himself in, he would have to appoint board members who would do his bidding, but yes he could totally do that if he wanted to. This would all probably escalate even further if he tried, though. Because people who say things like this:

Sigma posted:

I tell you what, it is adorable that some people think that the company will get SEC fines or an investigation. I’ve come across a few already and most of them are European

Are conveniently forgetting this:

DarkstarIV posted:

In theory, yes. But as MRT mentioned, the SEC would likely get involved at that point. One of the biggest ways to get the SEC on your rear end is to gently caress with other (rich) people's money. If an actual criminal investigation opens up, Vince might actually be spooked enough to offload all of his stock to someone like Stephanie.

Vince didn't get ousted because of any of the horrible things he's done, he got ousted because he did the one thing our government and institutions take deadly seriously: he made people richer than him slightly less rich.

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
https://twitter.com/davemeltzerWON/status/1551584880487567360?t=LFE9xgkuQFEu5WGoTxKScA&s=19

So mow they're saying it was company money paid to Vince and what he did with that :iiam:

You know the old adage it isn't the crime it's the cover up that sinks you

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
Most likely they're looking down the barrel of a huge audit due to corporate malfeasance by using the company as their own personal piggy bank and are trying one last gasp to avoid that by committing more fraud. In for a penny...

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold

were these reoccurring payments or did Vince go on an assault spree starting in 2019

Cabbit
Jul 19, 2001

Is that everything you have?

Triple H is an alright booker as long as he's not booking himself, isn't he? And there's zero chance of him performing anymore?

Paper Lion
Dec 14, 2009

hes god awful at booking week to week. he was ok in the pretape era of nxt

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

Cabbit posted:

Triple H is an alright booker as long as he's not booking himself, isn't he? And there's zero chance of him performing anymore?

HHH was an alright booker when he was doing a one hour taped show and even then, the cracks were starting to show in the late stages, depending on who you ask (if you ask me, summer of 2018).

Once he had to book a 2 hour live show and he didn't have the "book somebody to the title, then they lose it, now they're Vince's problem." crutch to fall back on, things went downhill in a hurry.

Sigma
Aug 24, 2003

Grimey Drawer
His last two NXT champs were Kross and Raquel, who were booked like muscle bound destroyers who were smarter than everyone else

And they stunk

Bluedeanie
Jul 20, 2008

It's no longer a blue world, Max. Where could we go?

Cabbit posted:

He's in charge now, with significant financial resources at his disposal. Where there's a will, there's a way.

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

But who are we getting back? The Creator? Or the Destroyer?

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,

Sigma posted:

His last two NXT champs were Kross and Raquel, who were booked like muscle bound destroyers who were smarter than everyone else

And they stunk

Wasn't that his name in the door but Vince had taken over in everything but name hence the obsession with big muscle people and pushing out all the smaller but actually talented people?

Professor Funk
Aug 4, 2008

WE ALL KNOW WHAT NEEDS TO HAPPEN

Paper Lion posted:

hes god awful at booking week to week. he was ok in the pretape era of nxt

It sounds like he’s broadly overseeing and signing off on everything creative, not booking every show himself. And I imagine he’ll have a lot of input from Heyman, Prichard, etc.

It should mean good things for guys like Finn, Owens, etc., at least.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Cabbit posted:

People really hated the last six months of NXT with Kross as champion and Raquel dominating the women's division. You also got poo poo like the racist sushi skit right before he had his heart problems.

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

I think it would be cool if wwe raw and wwe smackdown were good shows again. If they’re still bad then it’s funny. It’s a win win situation.

Sydney Bottocks
Oct 15, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 8 hours!

Vertical Lime posted:

quote:

The key to this revelation is that it would be almost impossible for McMahon to return to power and this won't be a temporary departure until the heat dies down as many in wrestling over the past few days had believed

At this point, Kevin Dunn might as well just save face and announce his own "retirement"

Suplex Liberace
Jan 18, 2012

Barry Bluejeans posted:

wait I thought he was betting on the price falling

I thought he had stock too but I am probably mistaken

waffle iron
Jan 16, 2004

your friend wicka posted:

Vince didn't get ousted because of any of the horrible things he's done, he got ousted because he did the one thing our government and institutions take deadly seriously: he made people richer than him slightly less rich.

I get what you're saying, but if you look at things from a 100 mile view, you have a stock price that is up and SEC reporting that is corrected due to Vince's resignation.

For a lot of people in government regulators and institutional investing who see WWE as carny poo poo, that is the system working and a course mostly corrected. Maybe you'll see a tens of million dollars in total SEC fines and investor lawsuit settlements, but I don't see it going beyond that with the facts currently at hand.

I do think worse info will be reported by WSJ, but I'm not a fortune teller. In any regard the board will try their hardest to settle with no admission of wrongdoing.

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

You don't have to be a good or even average booker to make the WWE product lightyears better than the last 5 years.

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
The stock price is predicated on them selling now, Vince being gone was one if the seals to signal a sale except that was in the anticipation it was voluntary not as part of corporate fraud.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Lid posted:

Wasn't that his name in the door but Vince had taken over in everything but name hence the obsession with big muscle people and pushing out all the smaller but actually talented people?

Kross was a HHH-pal, even if this were the case HHH definitely got what he wanted with that push

Astro7x
Aug 4, 2004
Thinks It's All Real

Lid posted:

https://twitter.com/davemeltzerWON/status/1551584880487567360?t=LFE9xgkuQFEu5WGoTxKScA&s=19

So mow they're saying it was company money paid to Vince and what he did with that :iiam:

You know the old adage it isn't the crime it's the cover up that sinks you

Forbes says Vince is worth $2.3 billion, and he paid people off with company money...

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

sportsgenius86 posted:

You don't have to be a good or even average booker to make the WWE product lightyears better than the last 5 years.

this is kind of the key thing imo

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST

MassRafTer posted:

People really hated the last six months of NXT with Kross as champion and Raquel dominating the women's division. You also got poo poo like the racist sushi skit right before he had his heart problems.

Pretty sure the racist sushi stuff was written by Road Dogg who had taken credit for the entire thing, I think he had a meltdown on social media at the time. Also pretty sure this was around the time the 2.0 rebrand happened as well.

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

Astro7x posted:

Forbes says Vince is worth $2.3 billion, and he paid people off with company money...

wwe is his family

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,

Astro7x posted:

Forbes also called Trump a billionaire based on promises that he was from Donald Trump

A lot of money is illusion, and you can literally make money by people thinking you have money even if there's nothing to support it.

Invalid Validation
Jan 13, 2008

I always thought Vince would have to die before he’d resign, what a world. Since he won’t have the only thing keeping him coked out 23 hours a day, maybe he’ll just croak soon and the world will be a slightly better place.

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

Funniest part of this is the #StandUpForWWE types will go back to praising the vanilla midgets that HHH will push.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

DarkstarIV posted:

Pretty sure the racist sushi stuff was written by Road Dogg who had taken credit for the entire thing, I think he had a meltdown on social media at the time. Also pretty sure this was around the time the 2.0 rebrand happened as well.

The rebrand was announced around this time (I think a week or two after) but this was when HHH was still supposed to be part of the rebrand too.

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

HHH still wants revenge on the crowd for forsaking his friend Bill DeMott

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

DarkstarIV posted:

you mean HHH's buddy Road Dogg?

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST

RealityWarCriminal posted:

you mean HHH's buddy Road Dogg?

Pretty sure Triple H was gone by time the skit had aired, as the rebrand happened like a week or two after that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

[chanting] Thank you vince.