Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

Depth at WR is unironically overrated. Get two main guys and figure out the rest.

yeah that worked out great for the Saints

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.

Alaois posted:

Well yeah if your superstars get hurt then it’s a shitshow. That’s not new. The Pats currently have tons of depth at WR. They can afford to lose any of them and not miss a beat. But the beat sucks.

LiquidFriend
Apr 5, 2005

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

Depth at WR is unironically overrated. Get two main guys and figure out the rest.
Did not work at very well for Pat Mahomes at times.

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

THE HELL IS WITH THIS ASS!?

Diva Cupcake posted:

It looks like NFL Game Pass has been renamed NFL+.
https://twitter.com/benbbaldwin/status/1551563034107252738

NFL.com sucks so incredibly much. One of the Twitter links below this shows someone trying to watch a game and instead being brought to the "upgrade your plan" screen.

gently caress I just tried to renew and it won't let me put in my credit card info after multiple tries. The settings menu takes me to the screen for managing accounts. How do they gently caress it up even worse every year? This is like a performance art piece.

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

LiquidFriend posted:

Did not work at very well for Pat Mahomes at times.

I blame either his decision making or Reid making the playcalls for that second half debacle. It shouldn’t have been that bad regardless of the Bengals defensive adjustments.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

What the gently caress

https://twitter.com/charlieg__/status/1551603389045276673?s=21&t=JuGUkXVUDIbnfZN8g71vSg

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

Well yeah if your superstars get hurt then it’s a shitshow. That’s not new. The Pats currently have tons of depth at WR. They can afford to lose any of them and not miss a beat. But the beat sucks.

there's a difference between "having depth at WR" and "having a bunch of bad WRs"

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

When asked which Pokemon he evolved into, Kamara pauses.

"Motherfucking, what's that big dragon shit? That orange motherfucker. Charizard."

Alaois posted:

The Saints have had had between zero and one main guys for the last couple of years.

But Brees in his prime probably could have still made them look alright. Unfortunately they had Brees with his broken old man body and then a string of bad QBs throwing to a bunch of scrubs and occasionally Michael Thomas.

YOLOsubmarine fucked around with this message at 17:51 on Jul 25, 2022

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

What is it with the other afcn teams and sex crimes

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Well that’s as close to a flat out “yeah we just don’t care” as you’re ever gonna get.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

extremely old men who own sports teams and have all those spots and fissures on their head and stuff have a lot of very bad things going on inside of there. like it's rotted inside. might be something to look into

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?

YOLOsubmarine posted:

The Saints have had had between zero and one main guys for the last couple of years.

But Brees in his prime probably could have still made them look alright. Unfortunately they had Brees with his broken old man body and then a string of bad QBs throwing to a bunch of scrubs and occasionally Michael Thomas.

Brees definitely had an art of making mid guys look good like Lance Moore and Willie Snead.

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Most of the time he catches it every time.
Grimey Drawer

That sounds like Mike Brown.

Every day he gets older.

Hizawk
Jun 18, 2004

High on the Lions.

Am I bad with English or does that tweet imply Brown was involved in the sexual misconduct?

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

Carman outright raped a 15 year old when he was 18, right? And their decision to go forward with him was to draft him I guess.

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Hizawk posted:

Am I bad with English or does that tweet imply Brown was involved in the sexual misconduct?

He's 86 years old. He only ever does one public speaking event a year and it's this thing. They've talked about basically retiring him from this and having Katie do it for years, and they probably should have, huh?

He would have thought this poo poo probably the entirety of his tenure with the team, but he used to be a lot more diplomatic. He's always explained it as being pro "second chances" although, funnily enough, He's never done anything to apply that philosophy to people who aren't football players he wants on the team.

soggybagel
Aug 6, 2006
The official account of NFL Tackle Phil Loadholt.

Let's talk Football.
Can someone who is smarter than me figure out what NFL+ is going on about? The way I read it, you have access to every NFL game live which is a insane deal for their introductory price of 30 dollars for the year!

However, they keep emphasizing YOU CAN ONLY WATCH IT ON YOUR PHONE/TABLET. I read this as they won't release a Roku App or a Apple TV app. But, as far as I'm aware I've never seen an app disable the ability to say, on your iphone, mirror the video playback to the TV. Is that even possible to disable from an app level? In any event, this NFL+ thing does seem like an insanely good deal given how much historically a thing like NFL Sunday Ticket costs or if you compare it to like, NBA League pass or something like that.

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

Also you can watch Jaguars preseason games from Oregon if you so choose

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

soggybagel posted:

Can someone who is smarter than me figure out what NFL+ is going on about? The way I read it, you have access to every NFL game live which is a insane deal for their introductory price of 30 dollars for the year!

However, they keep emphasizing YOU CAN ONLY WATCH IT ON YOUR PHONE/TABLET. I read this as they won't release a Roku App or a Apple TV app. But, as far as I'm aware I've never seen an app disable the ability to say, on your iphone, mirror the video playback to the TV. Is that even possible to disable from an app level? In any event, this NFL+ thing does seem like an insanely good deal given how much historically a thing like NFL Sunday Ticket costs or if you compare it to like, NBA League pass or something like that.

Live LOCAL games

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌

Diva Cupcake posted:

Carman outright raped a 15 year old when he was 18, right? And their decision to go forward with him was to draft him I guess.

It's amazing how little draft coverage talks about this stuff. Unless it's a famous case of like hazing or something I never hear negative things about prospects from any website.

soggybagel
Aug 6, 2006

Let's talk Football.

Kalli posted:

Live LOCAL games

Ahhhhhhh there it is!

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?
I think Directv said gently caress it and gave everyone NFL Sunday Ticket free this year. Probably trying to get as many people to stay after they lose it next year. I don't think I've paid for it in 5 years or so.

bows1
May 16, 2004

Chill, whale, chill

soggybagel posted:

Also yes you can 100% disable mirroring from your device to a TV at an app level

soggybagel
Aug 6, 2006

Let's talk Football.

bows1 posted:

Also yes you can 100% disable mirroring from your device to a TV at an app level

I never mirror because I’ve never had a reason to.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
We've discussed many of these here they are in the same place:

https://twitter.com/AdamSchefter/status/1551537764298067968

So much black, the best of the black options for what they are is probably the Saints (?) but I don't hate the Jets either. But not hating them is as far as I can go. The rest of the black ones can kick rocks imo. What are the Commies even doing?

I actually like the Bengals one and the Falcons throwback. Weren't we supposed to get creamsicle Bucs back? Or is that at some point in the future?

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Damn it, this always happens. I think I'm gonna score, and then I never score. It's not fair.

Wedge Regret

Grittybeard posted:

I actually like the Bengals one and the Falcons throwback. Weren't we supposed to get creamsicle Bucs back? Or is that at some point in the future?

Creamsicle Bucs are gonna be next season, and I think Kelly Green Eagles as well. They said something about supply issues not making them able to do so this year, which I suspect has more to do with being able to sell the jerseys to fans than anything else (Most of them stuff shown in the picture for this year were already in use in previous seasons, they’re just adding new helmets).

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?
The 4 throwbacks are all fantastic. The alts are a mixed bag for sure.

fartknocker posted:

They said something about supply issues not making them able to do so this year, which I suspect has more to do with being able to sell the jerseys to fans than anything else

This definitely seems to be the issue with the Bucs from what I've read.

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

No shade at Pat but I have to post this

https://twitter.com/rodger/status/1551585562909343745?s=20&t=WnJhc78thDjckeiHpiEONw

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Grimey Drawer
It's a shame, seeing Brady in the creamsicles would have probably ruled.

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?
https://twitter.com/RapSheet/status/1551662127726878724?s=20&t=gHE52J34lk8Nxb4XIa_hUQ

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.

Good stats for a Wide Receiver!

Borsche69
May 8, 2014

Diva Cupcake posted:

These are people with high level coaching jobs in the NFL. Re: Lamar.

lol i was about to quote this also

Borsche69
May 8, 2014

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

How many loses are attributed to Lamar but happened because maybe Harbaugh deciding to go for 2 so much with the game on the line was a bad idea because I forget which games he was not playing due to injury.

going for 2 to win the game always rules

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

https://twitter.com/FieldYates/status/1551667289132605440

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

Ummm they don’t want him playing video games or browsing the internet during his “study time”. Yeah that’s not a normal provision.

Borsche69
May 8, 2014

the 'clenching your butthole and praying no one gets injured during training camp' time of year begins again

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

At least it wasn’t the spinal injury that kept him off draft boards altogether.

joe football
Dec 22, 2012

Why do we have this language? We don't normally get extremely specific contract clauses like this right? It seems like something you'd leak to embarrass Murray, but not sure why you'd do that when you just committed to give him a couple hundred million

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007
Strong JaMarcus vibes from that clause

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sono
Apr 9, 2008

bows1 posted:

Can't disable pointing a second phone's camera at the first phone and mirroring that to the TV. :smug: