Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--
IT WASP ME ALL *BZZT* ALONG!

Remember when this guy built a comedy site and gradually over two decades just turned rancid like a rotten egg? That sucked.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

Harrow posted:

I did get to ban one of the Guy Mann alts for report abuse and he seemed to quiet down after that. Though I stepped down months ago so I don't know if he started reporting poo poo again.

I'm not sure there are any guy mann alts left, he may finally have given up.

Roth
Jul 9, 2016

By popular demand posted:

Remember when this guy built a comedy site and gradually over two decades just turned rancid like a rotten egg? That sucked.

Please do not helldump Lowtax

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

fun hater posted:

common mistake, but this is actually doxxing

It’s doxing to remember posts that occurred on the previous page.

e: gently caress

Peachfart
Jan 21, 2017

It would be easier and saner just to let people post about ongoing and recent events, and just probate people that were being weird about it.

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

why do that when you can have awkward rules to follow and lawyer

that's the pyf way~

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Peachfart posted:

It would be easier and saner just to let people post about ongoing and recent events, and just probate people that were being weird about it.

sorry, every moderator on this website is a robot, apparently

barbecue at the folks
Jul 20, 2007

Peachfart posted:

Every last time this was allowed to happen, the thread happily set itself on fire and self-destructed. Personally I like these threads more when they're about funny takes and good dunks on Heritage (Not Hate) Moments in SA History to read up on on a slow day.

The Kins
Oct 2, 2004

barbecue at the folks posted:

Personally I like these threads more when they're about funny takes and good dunks on Heritage (Not Hate) Moments in SA History to read up on on a slow day.
Guy Mann/Sleeveless/Of Science/etc. was given the Lifetime Achievement 10k probe in March last year, well within this thread's Standards and Practices Guidelines.

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

The Kins posted:

Guy Mann/Sleeveless/Of Science/etc. was given the Lifetime Achievement 10k probe in March last year, well within this thread's Standards and Practices Guidelines.

Uh, but the person behind those online monikers still exists. We must wait until they die, then wait another year to let the family grieve in peace, and then we can discuss what a dumb motherfucker Guy Mann was.

Paladinus fucked around with this message at 13:18 on Jul 26, 2022

barbecue at the folks
Jul 20, 2007

The Kins posted:

I meant that more generally, dunking on Sleeveless is a timeless sport and of course it belongs in this thread

KirbyKhan
Mar 20, 2009

Soiled Meat

Paladinus posted:

Uh, but the person behind those online monikers still exists. We must wait until they die, then wait another year to let the family grieve in piece, and then we can discuss what a dumb motherfucker Guy Mann was.

DaysBefore
Jan 24, 2019

I get that dealing with any somewhat recent things comes with the risk of morons from the politics forums coming in to complain about how much they hate their posting enemies or to show off the epic owns they've been dishing out lately. But mods and IKs could just click their buttons on those posters while the rest of us read funny sagas tbh.

The Wicked ZOGA
Jan 27, 2022

My greatest posting enemy is Myself

Frank Frank
Jun 13, 2001

Mirrored

DaysBefore posted:

I get that dealing with any somewhat recent things comes with the risk of morons from the politics forums coming in to complain about how much they hate their posting enemies or to show off the epic owns they've been dishing out lately. But mods and IKs could just click their buttons on those posters while the rest of us read funny sagas tbh.

What you end up with is brigades of people who come in here to poo poo up the thread and use it as a QCS stand-in to litigate issues - esp when they get told “no” in QCS itself. The new rule is a good one.

Douche Wolf 89
Dec 9, 2010

🍉🐺8️⃣9️⃣
Does anyone remember that goon who

Pirate Jet
May 2, 2010
Guy Mann isn’t even a goon anymore and therefore does not fit the rule of not discussing current goon drama.

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

Pirate Jet posted:

Guy Mann isn’t even a goon anymore and therefore does not fit the rule of not discussing current goon drama.

Once a goon, always a goon. It's in ToS.

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EngT3zJnAZE

Wesflarger, the lets player who wasn't mad.

I'm like 90% sure it's all a bit, but it's a good bit.

MagpieConcept
Feb 6, 2022

Edgar Allen Ho posted:

Maremma sheepdog lady

Maremma sheepdog

One of my absolute favorite threads to come back to. The absolute :stare: of realizing she has no idea what she's doing.

Naturally there was a revisit to her later - I wish I had saved the picture, she was rehoming the dog and the pic on the listing.... it was just this huge miserable looking dog in the middle of a room filled with kids toys.

Crime on a Dime
Nov 28, 2006

The Wicked ZOGA posted:

My greatest posting enemy is Myself

the guy that flamed out and posted his dick? weird

The Maroon Hawk
May 10, 2008

Douche Wolf 89 posted:

Does anyone remember that goon who

gently caress that guy he owes me money

BiggerBoat
Sep 26, 2007

Don't you tell me my business again.
They've been mentioned in every thread but the two that stand out to me are Two Worlds and the four (I think) Dollfucker/Real Doll threads. They both just kept going and going and kept taking weird turns. I don't know what ever happened to Ariel Campos but Kevin Havens is still at it, married his latest doll on YouTube with catering by Whataburger and appears in pretty rough shape.

Thing that always stood out to me there was not really the expensive sex toy fixation but the obsessive brand loyalty that was jammed into every post (Linux, Squeeze, UHF, Weird Al, Mannequin, Funyons, Ham Radio, ICP). Now it's Whataburger, which was apparently a main motivation for moving from Indiana to Texas.

Two Worlds just seemed incapable of NOT posting and just kept digging downward over and over again in every thread he showed up in.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Roth posted:

Please do not helldump Lowtax

He's already been helldumped. Well, dumped into Hell.

codo27
Apr 21, 2008

This was very good. It would be a stretch to say I'm in a similar situation but with things being very slow during the summer and our overseas overlords being on holidays, there isn't a whole lot of pressure around here right now.

The Maroon Hawk
May 10, 2008

MagpieConcept posted:

Maremma sheepdog

One of my absolute favorite threads to come back to. The absolute :stare: of realizing she has no idea what she's doing.

Naturally there was a revisit to her later - I wish I had saved the picture, she was rehoming the dog and the pic on the listing.... it was just this huge miserable looking dog in the middle of a room filled with kids toys.

Oh god I remember this, it's a perfect example of the Goon In The Well analogy except the goon wasn't even in the well, just standing on the edge while everybody else begs them not to jump in

The sheer, unbelievable stubbornness of the OP :whitewater:

Nuns with Guns
Jul 23, 2010

It's fine.
Don't worry about it.

sexpig by night posted:

oh yea what was up with PI for a bit? Didn't it have some buck wild mod who was talking about wanting to kill animals/neglecting their own animals or something? I remember for a bit there was the jokes about PI being the 'kill your pets' forum.

Pet forums aren't functionally that different from parenting forums, where they're topics that can very easily lead towards a lot of catty infighting, grudges, and flexing on each other because people get militant about what is best in the care of other living things. So yeah, you can get that and then combine that with normal SA shitposting and people could get pretty obnoxious. It's mellowed out now because a lot of those people don't post anymore, but I do remember people "joking" about how they'd totally be cool with drowning puppies in a bucket from an oopsie litter. It also used to have a really high rate of people getting passive aggressive red texts, rivaling the political forums.

iwentdoodie
Apr 29, 2005

🤗YOU'RE WELCOME🤗

Nuns with Guns posted:

Pet forums aren't functionally that different from parenting forums, where they're topics that can very easily lead towards a lot of catty infighting, grudges, and flexing on each other because people get militant about what is best in the care of other living things. So yeah, you can get that and then combine that with normal SA shitposting and people could get pretty obnoxious. It's mellowed out now because a lot of those people don't post anymore, but I do remember people "joking" about how they'd totally be cool with drowning puppies in a bucket from an oopsie litter. It also used to have a really high rate of people getting passive aggressive red texts, rivaling the political forums.

And like parenting forums are absolutely filled with people who will snap the second someone does anything that doesn't hit every bullet point they personally agree with.

One More Fat Nerd
Apr 13, 2007

Mama’s Lil’ Louie

Nap Ghost

BiggerBoat posted:

They've been mentioned in every thread but the two that stand out to me are Two Worlds and the four (I think) Dollfucker/Real Doll threads. They both just kept going and going and kept taking weird turns. I don't know what ever happened to Ariel Campos but Kevin Havens is still at it, married his latest doll on YouTube with catering by Whataburger and appears in pretty rough shape.

Thing that always stood out to me there was not really the expensive sex toy fixation but the obsessive brand loyalty that was jammed into every post (Linux, Squeeze, UHF, Weird Al, Mannequin, Funyons, Ham Radio, ICP). Now it's Whataburger, which was apparently a main motivation for moving from Indiana to Texas.

Two Worlds just seemed incapable of NOT posting and just kept digging downward over and over again in every thread he showed up in.

Does anyone have the long post from the goon who knew Two Worlds outside the forums about how he's actually for real un-helpable?

codo27 posted:

This was very good. It would be a stretch to say I'm in a similar situation but with things being very slow during the summer and our overseas overlords being on holidays, there isn't a whole lot of pressure around here right now.

Honestly, a whole bunch of office workers are basically in the that guys position, except they still have to pretend to be busy. I have a friend who got made work from home during the pandemic and realized her 40/week job only had about 10 hours of actual work to do. She built a massive garden and got in the best shape of her life.

BiggerBoat
Sep 26, 2007

Don't you tell me my business again.

One More Fat Nerd posted:

Does anyone have the long post from the goon who knew Two Worlds outside the forums about how he's actually for real un-helpable?

Tiger MoJo posted:

This is the longest thing I've ever posted on SA or anywhere online...

I don’t really remember when I started talking to Two Worlds but I believe he IMed me first and at the time I had no idea who he was. Some time later, he requested I make that avatar for him and I had to ask why he wanted all of those random characters in the first place. He proceeded to tell me in great detail about the Arielverse, how he has multiple “personas” and that each of those characters represents an individual persona in his mind: The Brute, The Tempest, Mr. C (now dead and with no current replacement), Partyman, The Saint and The Puppetmaster. He also talked about Helldump a lot and how he was the defender of SA (GBS in particular). He also told me about all these weird rules he has for his life like that he could not cuss or cry until he lost his virginity. The weird thing is though, he didn't actually consider that he lost his virginity until the third time that he had sex because he hadn't cummed inside her yet and they hadn't both cummed at the same time.

Anyway, myself and some of the other goons listed as well as others often chat on Skype in the evenings so I invited Two Worlds in and he more or less became part of the group. It didn’t take long to find out that Two Worlds has problems. Lots and lots of problems. You see, he constantly talks about his problems and himself and always wants goony goon advice although he never ever takes it.

He insists on adding people to his Facebook so after much prodding a few finally became Facebook friends. One thing to note about Two Worlds is that EVERYONE trolls him. Not just Helldumpers or goons but people he knows in real life as well. He just kind of drives people to the edge, he has so many insane theories and misguided beliefs that he refuses to change that people he knows just end up insulting him or baiting him to say more ridiculous poo poo. I used to feel bad for him about this but now I know why they do it.

For instance, he believes in the upper world and the under world (Homo Lumen and Homo Cthoni he says). The upper world is full of people who go to Walmart, have 2.5 kids, live in suburban homes, go to church and don't have any secrets at all, they don't have any kinky fetishes and they don't go on the Internet. Then there are the underworlders. This is essentially a laundry list that ranges from goons to channers to child rapists and goth kids. Ariel believes that he is the only person who is between these "two worlds" (yeah, that's where the name comes from) and that he constantly has to balance the forces in his life. If you try to tell him, as many have, that most people who seemingly live normal lives have skeletons in their closet or have some kind of kinky sexual fetish he refuses to believe you and spergs out about it. He also refuses to believe that people "from the Internet" have "real world" problems or lives. Except for him of course, he's a beautiful little unique snow flake.

At first, I took pity on him and I tried to help him. I spent a lot of drat time giving him good advice on things like women, making friends, sex and job searching. It's amazing how completely naiive he is about the most common sense things. After he broke up with his girlfriend, I got onto the subject of sex and he said he didn't use a condom with this lass. He then said "she only slept with 11 guys before me" and "she's infertile" because he thought that that means he also cannot get an STD. I told him he should probably get tested and even looked up directions to a local clinic. He freaked out because the nurses would see him and know what he was coming in for and no one can know that he's had sex. He asked me if he could just get tested for swine flu or something instead.

I told him how normal it is to get tested and told him that in the future he needs to wear condoms to which he had another freak out because the cashier will see him and maybe one of his former students may see him buying small penis condoms. Plus, they'll all know he's having premartial sex, which he believes Upper World people don't do. He, to this day, refuses to buy condoms even when I gave him a link to ones he can buy online. He also claimed that Lutheran women don't have premarital sex so he'll just have sex with Lutheran women from now on. He treats non-lutheran women like chattel, if a girl is non-lutheran he has no problem asking them to make homegrown for his own personal enjoyment. When he's mad at you and you're a female he will threaten to masturbate to your photos, which he saves from Facebook and AwfulYearBook. Yes, this happened to me. One time, a goonette talked dirty to him as a joke and he had to leave the call to go jerk off.

Two Worlds is incredibly socially awkward. He doesn't have any real friends to speak of in Decatur where he currently lives. He says that he has to have balance in his life so when he gets an opportunity to possibly hang out with someone he will often turn it down because they are too nerdy and he feels that he did one nerdy thing that day so now he needs to balance out his upper world and under world by hanging out with a broseph type at a bar. He doesn't really like bros but he wants to be like them so he figures if he hangs out with them he will be more like them.

One time, he was feeling particularly lonely. He wanted our advice on how to set up something at his apartment. He's never had anyone except for his ex-gf at his apartment before. So he turned on his webcam and walked us through his apartment so I could give him tips on what needed to be cleaned up/moved for guests. After this, he wrote up a message to send to some of his nerdy gamer friends on Facebook inviting them over for a party that weekend. I believe this was a Wednesday. In the past, when he tried to call people to hang out he would get very distressed if the call went to voice mail or they said that they were busy. We assured him that this wasn't a big deal. I and another goon looked over his note to his nerd friends and it looked pretty chill. Invited them over to play some games, wii and drink. He kept asking us over and over again if he sounded gay. He is very afraid of sounding gay.

He sent off the message and the response from one of them was that he was busy that weekend but he knew some other people who might want to hang out. To this, Ariel responded that it was "too late" and just killed it right there.

Another time, there was a celebration in his town and he was whining that he had no one to go with but this one girl did express interest. He refused to call her because she was "too goony" (even though I'm pretty sure she's not a goon), possibly watches anime and is the "bad kind of fat." She was less heavy than his last girlfriend and a lot cuter but whatever. Eventually, he invited her to come to his apartment to watch a movie and hang out. She agreed even though they barely know each other. So he tells us that she'll be coming over the next night around 8:30 PM to watch a movie. The goons he was talking to on Skype lightly joke with him that he's going to get some. He spergs out, as usual. He claims he doesn't want to get laid because getting laid turned out so badly last time. Eventually we convince him it might be a possibility. Then he says that he doesn't want to do anything with his penis involved, and that he can show her his magic fingers, claiming she won't be able to walk afterwards. Once he gets her off, he'll simply jerk himself off so she doesn't have to get him off.

Needless to say, it's frustrating when someone asks you for advice then constantly doesn't take it. Then when things don't go his way he calls up crying and sobbing. On top of the crying and sobbing, there is literally no way of making him feel better. He wallows in self-pity. It's like crack for him. I can give him compliments and he says, "I AM NOT A GOOD PERSON DON'T EVER SAY THAT." I can tell him good things about himself and he just turns it around. He goes to the bar and gets drunk by himself on three screwdrivers then comes back and cries some more about how he's going to kill himself via alcohol poisoning. It's probably my own fault but I wasted a lot of time worrying about the little guy and trying to talk him out of "doing something to put himself on the news."

The ultimate thing myself and all the goons who were talking to him tried to help Two Worlds with was getting him to go to a psychiatrist. He went to a therapist a few times (several times he skipped his appointments) and the therapist recommended that he go to a psychiatrist. All he had to do to get medication for his many issues was have a blood test done, so he said. Much like going to get tested for STDs, he flat out refused to do this. I never understood why but he simply would not go. Now, his insurance from his past job has run out and he has no hope of getting it done. Instead, he chooses to believe people who are trolling him's diagnosis of Asperger's, so he is now self-diagnosed aspie.

I guess I should address Two Worlds' past career. There's a lot of rumors on the forums about this I've noticed. He worked as a teacher for one year at a Lutheran high school. He had zero control over his classes and students walked all over him. He couldn't even control a class of two students. As a result, Ariel called Professor Xavier to get the Dream Helm to help with the dementor attacks in his class, but the X-Men were too busy to bring Ariel the Dream Helm because the S.H.I.E.L.D helicarrier was hijacked by terrorists (from his Live Journal). Eventually, the students who actually wanted to learn complained to their parents that nothing was getting done in class and the school had to let him go. He has been unemployed up until this month when he got a job as a delivery boy with Papa John's.

Although he claims to be in between the two worlds of the Internet and the real world, I don't know anyone who has more cross over between lives. Most people probably keep their Something Awful postings and general Internet shenanigans out of conversation with real life friends. Ariel does not do this. He talks about Something Awful on his Twitter and Facebook. He uses Intener memes in real life (I know from talking to one of his real life friends.) He even goatsed everyone on his Facebook once. He talks publically on his Facebook about separating his Lutheran friends/Decatur people from the Internet people on his list like they can't see it. Telling him to remove Internet people from his friend's list is futile. So I told him he could make a separate fake Facebook just for Internet people so that he wouldn't make a gigantic rear end of himself in front of friends and family in real life. Another piece of advice he did not take.

If there's a term for Two Worlds, it would be "Too Much Information." Even when people ask him not to he shares intimate details about things like his girlfriend's vagina (horrid smell and the gaping size) and the kinky things he would do to her involving household objects such as his toothbrush, remote control and cellphone. He would also use the horrid smell of her vagina as the reason he couldn't stay hard, even though he would constantly ask her if he was still hard while he was inside her. He would say these things both during and after he was dating her.

He never ever talks about anyone but himself. If you try to have a conversation about something it somehow gets turned into a conversation either about the Arielverse or his problems. Even when I had conversations with him about things we both mutually liked like comic books it would get turned into something about him. He never asks how I am doing or what's going on in my life but I sure as hell knew every minute detail of his every day happenings whether I wanted to or not. He will blatantly interrupt you mid-sentence and ramble into one of his own problems totally unrelated to any conversation, and will ignore any attempts to move the conversation away from himself.

So after months of this bullshit, everyone just kind of got sick of it, so after he was invited in, we'd turn the conversation back to something that wasn't Two Worlds. One time we tried to turn the conversation to food and he freaked out and said, "IS THAT A MEME?!" He thought we were laughing at him when we weren't and would freak out over weird poo poo like one person in Skype saying, "WWCXD?" (What would Charles Xavier Do?) He yelled at us to shut the gently caress up.

He told one goon that he was being "out of character for this story arc" because he stopped giving him advice. When the goon implored what he meant, Ariel said that he was "breaking the 4th wall" and that Warren Ellis was writing a story about them.

This all came to a head one night when one person in Skype told him he was One World and that if anyone was Two Worlds it was not him. He got really depressed about this. The next day he started raging out on Facebook about us. I sent him a message asking him to just remove me from his friend's list and telling him that I hope he seeks psychological help and is happier some day. That afternoon, I find out he decided to start calling bosses to get back at us for whatever reason.

He called my friend's boss and said that she was harassing him from work, which was totally bogus. So she had to have a conversation with her employer about Ariel Campos. She is a single mom by the way and probably the one person out of the group who was the nicest to him out of everyone.

This all happened very recently and I feel that people need to know this poo poo, that Ariel isn't a poor soul who gets a bad rap on SA but actually a really big jerk who has mental problems but refuses to get help and revels in the attention that people give him; good or bad. I guess that's where the "passive aggressive posts" come from because I didn't want to troll the thread with the drama. I'm sorry to poo poo up your challenge, Ayb.

I think that's about everything. I really didn't want this to be tl;dr but it's kind of impossible with someone like Two Worlds who holds four-hour conversations with you entirely about himself.

Edit: Oh yeah, and his most recent Live Journal about him losing his virginity starts off narrated in the voice of one of his students.

The Wicked ZOGA
Jan 27, 2022

Crime on a Dime posted:

the guy that flamed out and posted his dick? weird

Exactly, how can I compete?

really though I didn't know about this guy, is there any more to the story or is that it?

codo27
Apr 21, 2008

One More Fat Nerd posted:

Honestly, a whole bunch of office workers are basically in the that guys position, except they still have to pretend to be busy. I have a friend who got made work from home during the pandemic and realized her 40/week job only had about 10 hours of actual work to do. She built a massive garden and got in the best shape of her life.

I played so much fuckin warzone while WFH during early covid. Unreal.

The Maroon Hawk
May 10, 2008

BiggerBoat posted:

Tiger MoJo posted:

and maybe one of his former students may see him buying small penis condoms.

drat near spat out my drink at this :lol:

Also wasn't that post part of the Goon Love project in E/N way back in the day? Did TW ever actually go on the date he was challenged to? I need to read that trip report

One More Fat Nerd
Apr 13, 2007

Mama’s Lil’ Louie

Nap Ghost

BiggerBoat posted:

Tiger MoJo posted:

*snip*

*stimpak noise*

Yeah, thats the stuff.

The Wicked ZOGA posted:

Exactly, how can I compete?

really though I didn't know about this guy, is there any more to the story or is that it?

I'ma level with you. Theres almost certainly more than one of "that guy".

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--

MagpieConcept posted:

Maremma sheepdog

Pro click, every post OP makes reveals the situation is actually even worse than that.

The Maroon Hawk
May 10, 2008

By popular demand posted:

Pro click, every post OP makes reveals the situation is actually even worse than that.

The steady progression of unearthing :details about the OP is kinda like the Brian Boyko saga, except instead of being a brony dweeb she was gonna get her cats and/or kids killed

Leal
Oct 2, 2009
I've been thinking of a thread where Arf and Endorph both drew a comic that were effectively the exact same thing and posted within minutes of one another. It was in a goldmine thread and I'm not sure which, it may have been after KM was shown to be a puppeteer or it was when BnR started having its controversies.

Arf quoting Endorph (who posted their comic first) and going "Yo WTF" was great

Frank Frank
Jun 13, 2001

Mirrored

BiggerBoat posted:

Two Worlds showed up in GBS last year to promote his discord. He was still very Two Worlds-y and ended up banned pretty quickly iirc.

No Dignity
Oct 15, 2007

Leal posted:

I've been thinking of a thread where Arf and Endorph both drew a comic that were effectively the exact same thing and posted within minutes of one another. It was in a goldmine thread and I'm not sure which, it may have been after KM was shown to be a puppeteer or it was when BnR started having its controversies.

Arf quoting Endorph (who posted their comic first) and going "Yo WTF" was great

I think that was everyone reaching for the old 'I like how Snrub thinks!' Simpsons bit after KM's sockpuppeting came out

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--

Two worlds was a complete writeoff from the start but I'm sad to hear the dollfucker didn't get any better.