Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

bartok
May 10, 2006

Do these people get mad that AEW tells you whats going to be on Dynamite and Rampage before they air?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Drakkel
May 6, 2007

IT'S LIKE I CAN TOUCH YOU!

bartok posted:

Do these people get mad that AEW tells you whats going to be on Dynamite and Rampage before they air?

Yes, they do.

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

bartok posted:

Do these people get mad that AEW...

Anything after this part is yes

https://twitter.com/AdamYearyNTWF/status/1551707832835358721

Shard fucked around with this message at 04:18 on Jul 26, 2022

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

It's like goldy or bronzy, but made of iron.

Not sure he has to worry too much about that.

Crapple!
Nov 1, 2019

I'm not going to watch it to find out, but if I start hearing from people that WWE has miraculously gotten a lot better without Vince I'll probably check it out. I don't have any beef with the company outside the shows being absolute dogshit and if that stops happening I can't see any reason not to watch.

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

This is me as I make another great post

Good luck with your depression!
I wouldn't watch because right now I just don't have the time or energy to watch outside of AEW. I haven't even watched ROH stuff or kept up too much with the Japan scene. WWE putting out lile 1000 hours a week of wrestling, whether good or (more likely) totally poo poo, I just don't have the time.

Anyway check this weirdo out

https://twitter.com/IsupkAtlanta/status/1551862202688233472?t=cEaC3_EvCJvd57-rdVEbTA&s=19

Guillermus
Dec 28, 2009

Lamuella posted:

Not sure he has to worry too much about that.

If AEW stops existing in the future or stop being fun for me, I rather focus on Yoshi and whatever indie promotion than going back to watch the fed.

Serperoth
Feb 21, 2013

Thanlis posted:

I’d like to hear more about that second option, please.

Infinito belt collector run

Integrated Houston
Oct 21, 2008

AEW has lost the Black Israelites. :ignorance:

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

...We sholde spenden more time together. What sayest thou?
Nap Ghost
Nothing would make me happier in terms of wrestling than for the WWE product to get good and watchable again and see all their ratings and revenue numbers skyrocket over the course of the next year just to have all that hard data that Vince was the one holding everything back

I know it won't happen and nothing meaningful will change at all but that would make me really happy

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

Two good wrestling shows on TV would be great but I'm not holding my breath. I think it's more likely we either see the same stuff as they book for their number one shareholder who's sitting at home. And even if they don't Vince was never the only problem. A HHH creative is probably just going to be a different kind of racist and offensive.

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

Nap Ghost
Oh wait no. The only thing that would make me happier is if Vince spent the rest of his life in prison and died there

Sticky Nate
Jan 9, 2012

Vinny Mac gets the nerve stapler

A Fancy Hat
Nov 18, 2016

Always remember that the former President was dumber than the dumbest person you've ever met by a wide margin

I'm not sure where "HHH is gonna fix everything" optimism is coming from, to be honest.

Yeah he's not Vince but he's still the dude who beat Sting at Mania and made himself a part of the Shield and the WWE version of Bullet Club, long after anyone could possibly care about his in-ring career.

Kosmo Gallion
Sep 13, 2013
Because NXT was pretty good, OP.

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

A Fancy Hat posted:

I'm not sure where "HHH is gonna fix everything" optimism is coming from, to be honest.

Yeah he's not Vince but he's still the dude who beat Sting at Mania and made himself a part of the Shield and the WWE version of Bullet Club, long after anyone could possibly care about his in-ring career.

Everytime I see a HHH will fix it take I just think "Road Dogg preferred the grey"

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

Kosmo Gallion posted:

Because NXT was pretty good, OP.

He was booking with a handicap.

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

I DON'T GIVE A CRAP WHAT SHE BELIEVES THE HARRY POTTER BOOKS CHANGED MY LIFE #HUFFLEPUFF

A Fancy Hat posted:

I don't have high hopes but he seems to have a good mind for the business and his biggest weakness was having a hand in booking himself. Since he can't wrestle again without his heart exploding there won't be that handicap.

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

A Fancy Hat posted:

I don't think very many people think HHH will fix everything. I think they expect it will be better relative to how things were under Vince, which is a very different stance.

RandolphCarter
Jul 30, 2005

Gumball Gumption posted:

Everytime I see a HHH will fix it take I just think "Road Dogg preferred the grey"

Someone explain this to me, please.

Coaaab
Aug 6, 2006

Wish I was there...

Prokhor Zakharov posted:

I wouldn't watch because right now I just don't have the time or energy to watch outside of AEW. I haven't even watched ROH stuff or kept up too much with the Japan scene. WWE putting out lile 1000 hours a week of wrestling, whether good or (more likely) totally poo poo, I just don't have the time.

Anyway check this weirdo out

https://twitter.com/IsupkAtlanta/status/1551862202688233472?t=cEaC3_EvCJvd57-rdVEbTA&s=19
big joe malenko mark over there

CarlCX
Dec 14, 2003

RandolphCarter posted:

A couple years ago NXT was putting a significant push behind Jordan Myles, formerly known as indie star ACH, and his gimmick was basically that he was an amazing wrestler and a little bit of a nerd who had a mean streak that came out when he wrestled, but he was also a black man who smiled a bunch, which is a sentence that is unfortunately relevant because the merch department decided this should be his first shirt:

ACH posted this on twitter along with the e-mail he got from the merch department:

quote:

“Hey Albert, Triple H attended a meeting and had a revision for your logo, but loved it for your character.

“He wanted to the letter to be more ‘teethy’ and what I have attached is what he liked. Also have basic t-shirts on there that he approved as well. Road Dogg preferred the gray, but let us know what you think! Thanks, Baker”
He quit the company basically immediately and Triple H apparently thinking the t-shirt wasn't racist enough became part of his legacy.

Hoss Corncave
Feb 13, 2012

RandolphCarter posted:

I forget which black wrestler it was but they were given a black shirt with their name on it in a rather racist logo. The wrestler complained about it and instead of seeing the issue with the logo, the company's response was that Road Dogg preferred it on a grey shirt instead of a black one.

e: Better response above mine.

D.N. Nation
Feb 1, 2012

Setting aside the minstrel overtones.......like, imagine wearing that shirt in public.

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

CarlCX posted:

A couple years ago NXT was putting a significant push behind Jordan Myles, formerly known as indie star ACH, and his gimmick was basically that he was an amazing wrestler and a little bit of a nerd who had a mean streak that came out when he wrestled, but he was also a black man who smiled a bunch, which is a sentence that is unfortunately relevant because the merch department decided this should be his first shirt:

ACH posted this on twitter along with the e-mail he got from the merch department:

He quit the company basically immediately and Triple H apparently thinking the t-shirt wasn't racist enough became part of his legacy.

Also a certain banned "scoopster" implied he was mentally ill for wanting to quit the company.

Wait, no, not implied, just outright said.

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

forkboy84 posted:

Also a certain banned "scoopster" implied he was mentally ill for wanting to quit the company.

Wait, no, not implied, just outright said.

Outright said based on the fact that he had his blinds shut in some video he posted, lmao

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Drakkel posted:

I love this mindset that the REAL problem with WWE today isn't the dogshit creative or their refusal to make new stars or anything like that. No, the REAL problem is somewhere, someone on the internet figured out what's happening on RAW early. RAW, the show where the same goddamn poo poo happens every week anyway.

"Why do we need to make new stars? We have me." - HHH, probably.

RandolphCarter
Jul 30, 2005

CarlCX posted:

God drat

Tweak
Jul 28, 2003

or dont whatever

lol all this time I've been focusing on that road dogg preferred the gray and missed that HHH wanted the racism to be more clear

Dimebags Brain
Feb 18, 2013

He also hired and protected Bill DeMott specifically because he wanted an abusive drill sergeant as the head trainer at the Performance Center. He even fired Luchasarus for sending management a memo documenting the various abuses Bill DeMott had inflicted on a bunch of trainees.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

do you remember when bill demott did commentary on velocity for 1 month. everyone does

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

Nap Ghost
I remember when he started an applesauce company

Sandman from ECW
Sep 6, 2011

Remember General Hugh G. Rection

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Dimebags Brain posted:

He also hired and protected Bill DeMott specifically because he wanted an abusive drill sergeant as the head trainer at the Performance Center. He even fired Luchasarus for sending management a memo documenting the various abuses Bill DeMott had inflicted on a bunch of trainees.

He should have gotten somebody to train him like Killer Kowalski trained HHH who according to Trips mostly napped in his office while everyone figured out things on their own.

Fish Of Doom
Aug 18, 2004
I'm too awake for this to be a nightmare

If you don't like me at my shittiest, you don't deserve me at my slightly less lovely.

Dangerous Person
Apr 4, 2011

Not dead yet
I wouldn't take his word too lightly, he is a WWE ENFORCER after all

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

This is me as I make another great post

Good luck with your depression!

Sandman McMahon posted:

Remember General Hugh G. Rection

unfortunately yes

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Asking people what their fingers smell like is a more dignified online presence than WWE ENFORCER.

Also I doubt anything really changes under HHH’s creative regime because the pointless competition culture still exists. And will continue to exist because HHH thinks you have to “earn it”

And his NXT was mid at best.

Cult of Pies
Oct 2, 2021
death of the territories (abbreviated)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Snacksmaniac
Jan 12, 2008

https://twitter.com/christianfncage/status/1552427532863283200?s=21&t=lEuTzSAuzWfv6-H13JoW0g

Uhh