Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

EorayMel
May 30, 2015

WE GET IT. YOU LOVE GUN JESUS. Toujours des fusils Bullpup Français.
I'm still thinking hard about the "TEXTURE OF REALITY" quip like :confused:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grand Fromage
Jan 30, 2006

L-l-look at you bar-bartender, a-a pa-pathetic creature of meat and bone, un-underestimating my l-l-liver's ability to metab-meTABolize t-toxins. How can you p-poison a perfect, immortal alcohOLIC?

Robo Reagan posted:

this judge is a dick

Look at the assholes she's dealing with

Piell
Sep 3, 2006

Grey Worm's Ken doll-like groin throbbed with the anticipatory pleasure that only a slightly warm and moist piece of lemoncake could offer

Young Orc

cubicle gangster posted:

I would love for them to forget they're being livestreamed right now and say something dumb

Alex's lawyer just told Alex to stop talking because the audio was still going, so close!

Tree Dude
May 26, 2012

AND MY SONG IS...

cubicle gangster posted:

I would love for them to forget they're being livestreamed right now and say something dumb

definitely potential for a Robert Durst moment during these breaks. Burp.

Piell posted:

Alex's lawyer just told Alex to stop talking because the audio was still going, so close!

Oh, drat.

EorayMel
May 30, 2015

Grand Fromage posted:

Look at the assholes she's dealing with

"No gum or soda allowed" is unironically the exact level of maturity a person like Alex Jones should be dealt with and I am glad for it. IMO.

cubicle gangster
Jun 26, 2005

magda, make the tea

Piell posted:

the finger guns alex did to the camera while walking out of the room smiling was insane. i really hope the judge finds out he did that.

its all nice on rice
Nov 12, 2006

Sweet, Salty Goodness.

Buglord
If anyone hasn't listened to them, Knowledge Fight covered the depositions for this trial. The prosecuting attorneys show up for a few, too, to explain stuff.
https://knowledgefight.libsyn.com/size/25/?search=Deposition

Revins
Nov 2, 2007

tune the FM in to static and pretend that its the sea
if you have opportunity to poo poo on alex jones for anything you are obligated to take it the judge was just following the code

BigglesSWE
Dec 2, 2014

How 'bout them hawks news huh!
Alex Jones is the kind of guy who would go "THE JUDGE ALLOWED CHEWING OF GUM WHILE IT WAS NOT ALLOWED, MISTRIAL, HILLARY CONSPIRACY!"

EorayMel
May 30, 2015

cubicle gangster posted:

the finger guns alex did to the camera while walking out of the room smiling was insane. i really hope the judge finds out he did that.

red19fire posted:

They’re smiling like that was some Atticus Finch opening statement and this win is in the bag already.

lol

Revins
Nov 2, 2007

cubicle gangster posted:

:same:

also DE is always relevant

red19fire
May 26, 2010

cubicle gangster posted:

e: lol alex just did finger guns at the camera while walking out of the room. PLEASE show that clip to the jury when everyone gets back from lunch.

They’re smiling like that was some Atticus Finch opening statement and this win is in the bag already.

E: also :goddamn: Jones is rotund.

Grand Fromage
Jan 30, 2006

L-l-look at you bar-bartender, a-a pa-pathetic creature of meat and bone, un-underestimating my l-l-liver's ability to metab-meTABolize t-toxins. How can you p-poison a perfect, immortal alcohOLIC?

Where are the 33,000 sticks of Juicy Fruit, Killary?

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat
Has anybody mentioned that Alex Jones can't be held responsible for his statements because he made them after eating a big bowl of chili yet

SuperMechagodzilla
Jun 9, 2007

NEWT REBORN
So the defense is basically that they shouldn't have to pay moneys because 'being Alex Jones' is already punishment enough.

funeral home DJ
Apr 21, 2003

Pillbug

its all nice on rice posted:

If anyone hasn't listened to them, Knowledge Fight covered the depositions for this trial. The prosecuting attorneys show up for a few, too, to explain stuff.
https://knowledgefight.libsyn.com/size/25/?search=Deposition

The one prosecuting attorney on the show is exactly the kind of swaggering dick you want going after a shithead like Jones and I love that dude. Also, it’s heartening to know that people have been sending money into his office saying they want to help fund the case, but he and his partners are doing this pro bono and are donating it to some charity.

I choose to believe he is doing it free because he hates Jones for being a little poo poo.

Fentry
Mar 7, 2003

red19fire posted:

E: also :goddamn: Jones is rotund.

What made me laugh was they said to eachother "Truth Wins"

They have their own catchphrase for the case they already lost

Grand Fromage
Jan 30, 2006

funeral home DJ posted:

I choose to believe he is doing it free because he hates Jones for being a little poo poo.

I think he said that.

The move with the gummy worm intimidation is so good.

kntfkr
Feb 11, 2019

GOOSE FUCKER
I always dip chewing tobacco in court to assert dominance over beta judges.

I'm in contempt basically all the time. I'm in contempt right now.

kntfkr
Feb 11, 2019

GOOSE FUCKER

I never got this thought :(

Mr. Fall Down Terror
Jan 24, 2018

by Fluffdaddy

funeral home DJ posted:

The one prosecuting attorney on the show is exactly the kind of swaggering dick you want going after a shithead like Jones and I love that dude. Also, it’s heartening to know that people have been sending money into his office saying they want to help fund the case, but he and his partners are doing this pro bono and are donating it to some charity.

yeah, a lot of people are pursuing jones not just out of personal dislike, but because they think that on principle you should not be able to profit from calling the parents of murdered children liars and agents of the state, and spur harassment campaigns against them

after this trial is over, jones has ANOTHER trial in connecticut dealing more directly with the parents of murdered sandy hook kids. he's already tried to settle out of court and they unanimously told him to go gently caress himself and to face the judgement of the court in a full civil trial

Revins
Nov 2, 2007

kntfkr posted:

it lets you throw out finger guns at comedically inappropriate times, it rules

funeral home DJ
Apr 21, 2003

Pillbug

Grand Fromage posted:

I think he said that.

The move with the gummy worm intimidation is so good.

Hahaha I had forgot about that and it fuckin’ rules. I want to find that portion of the interview on Knowledge Fight so I can share it with the thread but you’d all enjoy the entire episode if you haven’t listened to it.

I’m pretty sure it’s this episode that contains the gummy worm disposition stuff but could be wrong.

phobo
Aug 7, 2008
Do you think Alex Jones has ever gotten stuck in a cauldron of chili winnie the pooh style?

teen witch
Oct 9, 2012

phobo posted:

Do you think Alex Jones has ever gotten stuck in a cauldron of chili winnie the pooh style?

Revins
Nov 2, 2007

phobo posted:

...how else do you picture him sleeping??

Grand Fromage
Jan 30, 2006

I forgot this isn't a Knowledge Fight thread. The gummy worm thing he brings in a five pound bag of gummy worms to ostentatiously eat throughout the deposition. If the person being deposed asks for one he says he didn't bring enough to share.

Digital Jedi
May 28, 2007

Fallen Rib
https://twitter.com/brie_san11/status/1551971907695771648?s=20&t=ss1havKkxVXNpYTNFoi7vA

Jones always going to Jones

EorayMel
May 30, 2015

kntfkr posted:

When you meet Siileng successfully pass a passive composure check (Medium difficulty 5).

Piell
Sep 3, 2006

Grey Worm's Ken doll-like groin throbbed with the anticipatory pleasure that only a slightly warm and moist piece of lemoncake could offer

Young Orc

The full interview
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bnP5F8VXxv4

teen witch
Oct 9, 2012

The fact that he stopped, put on his protest tape and then IMMEDIATELY ripped it off to talk to the press

That’s it that’s Alex Jones

teen witch
Oct 9, 2012
Approx when does the lunch break end?

funeral home DJ
Apr 21, 2003

Pillbug

teen witch posted:

The judge first said that court would be reconvening at 1:30 PM local time but also mentioned that they'd need to be back by one, so I'm guessing it's somewhere between then.

Revins
Nov 2, 2007

teen witch posted:

The fact that he stopped, put on his protest tape and then IMMEDIATELY ripped it off to talk to the press

That’s it that’s Alex Jones

wonder what its like to have such a lack of self-awareness

Zil
Jun 4, 2011

Satanically Summoned Citrus

So in two or 32 minutes, the fun should begin again.

Piell
Sep 3, 2006

Young Orc

funeral home DJ posted:

The judge first said that court would be reconvening at 1:30 PM local time but also mentioned that they'd need to be back by one, so I'm guessing it's somewhere between then.

teen witch posted:

Lawyers need to be back at 1 (ie about now), court restarts in half an hour

Zeluth
May 12, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
He is no Wolfman Jack. Aroo.

Commodore_64
Feb 16, 2011

love thy likpa

Alex Jones reminds me of some sort of red Slimer. Right before they deliver the ruling, a bunch of men in jumpsuits are going to burst into the courtroom and use their proton packs to trap him in an ecto prison.

funeral home DJ
Apr 21, 2003

Pillbug

Commodore_64 posted:

Alex Jones reminds me of some sort of red Slimer. Right before they deliver the ruling, a bunch of men in jumpsuits are going to burst into the courtroom and use their proton packs to trap him in an ecto prison.

Thanks for that mental image of Alex Jones shoveling like 300 hotdogs down his throat simultaneously.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Revins
Nov 2, 2007

holy gently caress here's a particularly infuriating tidbit from his little hallway hissy fit press conference

"This is going to go down as one of the greatest show trials in history, even going back to nazi germany"

the gently caress you just say