Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Tree Dude
May 26, 2012

AND MY SONG IS...

Lambo Trillrissian posted:

Did you all catch the first thing after returning from the break was the judge striking the defense's entire opening statements from the record "due to having no evidentiary value."

This is fun.

Did they strike more than "Alex has already apologized?"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Revins
Nov 2, 2007

tune the FM in to static and pretend that its the sea

Did you all catch the first thing after returning from the break was the judge striking the defense's entire opening statements from the record "due to having no evidentiary value."

This is fun.

I missed that but :laugh:

Fucking Moron
Jan 9, 2009

I hope he ends up going the Budd Dwyer route. Society doesn't need people like Alex Jones so gently caress him.

Mr. Fall Down Terror
Jan 24, 2018

by Fluffdaddy

Digital Jedi posted:

Interesting. Thanks

Is a time frame usually in place for payment? Pay all within X years or something.

no, its usually a whole separate trial about how "this dipshit was faced with a court judgement but hasn't paid yet" and then said dipshit needs to plead their case

keep in mind that alex jones already plunged through the thin ice and the judge is happily scorching his criminal rear end with the powers given to her so as precedent goes he's not going to be able to delay payment for long. like i said i dont know if this is possible in texas but the judge is already so done with jones' bullshit she may end up attaching penalties to pay to this phase of the case if she's allowed to

Grand Fromage
Jan 30, 2006

L-l-look at you bar-bartender, a-a pa-pathetic creature of meat and bone, un-underestimating my l-l-liver's ability to metab-meTABolize t-toxins. How can you p-poison a perfect, immortal alcohOLIC?

loving Moron posted:

I hope he ends up going the Budd Dwyer route. Society doesn't need people like Alex Jones so gently caress him.

Bill Cooper at least committed to his bit and followed through.

Lambo Trillrissian
May 18, 2007

Tree Dude posted:

Did they strike more than "Alex has already apologized?"

Maybe I misheard it, I was making lunch while it resumed, but it sounded like the whole thing was struck and then she specifically pointed out to the jury that having apologized is irrelevant.

funeral home DJ
Apr 21, 2003

Pillbug

loving Moron posted:

The worst thing about Alex Jones is that Alex Jones is far from the worst. At least he's on some fringe bullshit channels and not shoveling his weird conspiracy theories into peoples' faces like Fox News and Newsmax can.

Mr. Fall Down Terror posted:

no, its usually a whole separate trial about how "this dipshit was faced with a court judgement but hasn't paid yet" and then said dipshit needs to plead their case

keep in mind that alex jones already plunged through the thin ice and the judge is happily scorching his criminal rear end with the powers given to her so as precedent goes he's not going to be able to delay payment for long. like i said i dont know if this is possible in texas but the judge is already so done with jones' bullshit she may end up attaching penalties to pay to this phase of the case if she's allowed to

Any lawyers in the thread know what the limit of appeals is for a civil case like this? I'm curious if he will try to send this up the chain and just hold out for donations.

Fucking Moron
Jan 9, 2009

Grand Fromage posted:

Bill Cooper at least committed to his bit and followed through.

I completely forgot about that militant conspiracy nut job. Wasn't it a cop that took him out? I want to say he did suicide by cop.

Stefan Prodan
Jan 7, 2002

I deeply respect you as a human being... Some day I'm gonna make you *Mrs* Buck Turgidson!

Grimey Drawer
I don't think you have to have a separate trial, I think if there's a valid judgment against you, you can get an order for the sheriff's office to just show up and start seizing assets to be sold off to pay your debts

So I mean they could just show up and take all the poo poo at Jones's studio etc as a start

obviously that wouldn't settle the entire amount but you don't need a whole separate trial to do that, just a court order I think

Stefan Prodan fucked around with this message at 19:58 on Jul 26, 2022

Grand Fromage
Jan 30, 2006

L-l-look at you bar-bartender, a-a pa-pathetic creature of meat and bone, un-underestimating my l-l-liver's ability to metab-meTABolize t-toxins. How can you p-poison a perfect, immortal alcohOLIC?

loving Moron posted:

I completely forgot about that militant conspiracy nut job. Wasn't it a cop that took him out? I want to say he did suicide by cop.

Yeah he died in a shootout with the cops over tax evasion or weapons charges or something appropriate, I forget which.

Fucking Moron
Jan 9, 2009

Grand Fromage posted:

Yeah he died in a shootout with the cops over tax evasion or weapons charges or something appropriate, I forget which.

And nobody of value was lost.

Grand Fromage
Jan 30, 2006

Lol at every Jones lawyer objection being slapped down immediately.

Revins
Nov 2, 2007

tune the FM in to static and pretend that its the sea
defense lawyer pretending he in phoenix wright

Piell
Sep 3, 2006

Grey Worm's Ken doll-like groin throbbed with the anticipatory pleasure that only a slightly warm and moist piece of lemoncake could offer

Young Orc

Maybe I misheard it, I was making lunch while it resumed, but it sounded like the whole thing was struck and then she specifically pointed out to the jury that having apologized is irrelevant.

No, it was just the apologized part

funeral home DJ
Apr 21, 2003

Pillbug

Grand Fromage posted:

Lol at every Jones lawyer objection being slapped down immediately.

This judge really seems like she is trying to give the defense the benefit of the doubt but when they're like "no fair to call it lies" she's rightfully slapping them in the face.

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010

Revins posted:

defense lawyer pretending he in phoenix wright

he's not a very good Wright ripoff.

0) Jones isnt a murder case.
1) doesnt have a punny name.

Bad Purchase
Jun 17, 2019

the only fair sentence is to order jones to consume so much chili he suffers total amnesia, forgetting everything and everyone he’s ever loved

kntfkr
Feb 11, 2019

GOOSE FUCKER
Erection!

kntfkr
Feb 11, 2019

GOOSE FUCKER
Sustained!

MEIN RAVEN
Oct 7, 2008

Gutentag Mein Raven

Bad Purchase posted:

the only fair sentence is to order jones to consume so much chili he suffers total amnesia, forgetting everything and everyone he’s ever loved

That's very kind of you, but Alex Jones doesn't know how to love

teen witch
Oct 9, 2012
wait did the detective just mentioned that they had to detain people at the scene trying to take images

At a school shooting…???

BigglesSWE
Dec 2, 2014

How 'bout them hawks news huh!
Did Jones gently caress off? I do not see him.

neato burrito
Aug 25, 2002

bitch better have my chex mix

I'm hoping that the ectoplasm / gravy coursing through his hateful veins congeal upon hearing judgment and he drops dead and shits his pants.

Confusedslight
Jan 9, 2020
This is making me to nervous watching this.

Bad Purchase
Jun 17, 2019

MEIN RAVEN posted:

That's very kind of you, but Alex Jones doesn't know how to love

he loves chili, and the look on his face when he’s eating it but no longer remembers he loves it will be the final restitution the sandy hook families need

AHH F/UGH
May 25, 2002

lol "Objection, please don't tell us why you are here as an integral person in this nightmare scenario"

Lambo Trillrissian
May 18, 2007

Piell posted:

No, it was just the apologized part

I see, thanks!

Froghammer
Sep 8, 2012

Khajit has wares
if you have coin
Oh my god he's trying so hard to stall for time

BigglesSWE
Dec 2, 2014

"Not all families decided to sue ipso facto the glove does not fit."

bone napoleon
May 9, 2012

there is nothing
My client is not guilty because the crime never happened :smuggo:

Tree Dude
May 26, 2012

AND MY SONG IS...
Watching a Jones lawyer work reminds me of nightmares I have sometimes where I'm struggling to do something simple at my job.

KitConstantine
Jan 11, 2013

holy poo poo the defense seems to be really trying to imply it was understandable that jones was confused about what happened

KitConstantine
Jan 11, 2013

I have headphones and can listen to the trial now because I like to punish myself by listening to lovely people be lovely

funeral home DJ
Apr 21, 2003

Pillbug

BigglesSWE posted:

Did Jones gently caress off? I do not see him.

Yeah, the prosecution noted that in a statement about an hour back. He loudly called attention to it to the jury.

BigglesSWE
Dec 2, 2014

funeral home DJ posted:

Yeah, the prosecution noted that in a statement about an hour back. He loudly called attention to it to the jury.

:allears: I bet Jones didn't consider for a second that it might be a bad look.

Bad Purchase
Jun 17, 2019

i don’t know how the jury is supposed to be able to tell if the prosecution is lying or jones is lying. seems like a classic he-said-she-said unless he admits he did wrong.

KitConstantine
Jan 11, 2013

The defense lawyer is dancing around "Heslin never held his son in his arms" :wtf:

edit: stopped dancing. this is horrific

Sophy Wackles
Dec 17, 2000

> access main security grid
access: PERMISSION DENIED.

Wondering what assets they can seize from him. Like, can they just take his personal assets or can they hopefully take info wars, supplement companies and whatever else?

AHH F/UGH
May 25, 2002

To be fair, I get it, you're a defense lawyer and their job is to try and do anything they can to defend their client. I mean, these are stupid questions and a stupid cross examination but that's all he really can do and all he has to work with.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KitConstantine
Jan 11, 2013

Whats delightful is I don't have to care about being fair and can still think it's gross