Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

TheWeedNumber
Apr 20, 2020

by sebmojo

1001 Arabian dicks posted:

since 4 days ago, confirmed via email by GM IceCream.

Do it anyway but keep it on the hush.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gwyneth Palpate
Jun 7, 2010

Do you want your breadcrumbs highlighted?

~SMcD

1001 Arabian dicks posted:

since 4 days ago, confirmed via email by GM IceCream.

probably time to recycle your accounts and choose a different vpn endpoint my dude

Mederlock
Jun 23, 2012

You won't recognize Canada when I'm through with it
Grimey Drawer
I wonder how broadly the rest of the GM team is going to align with that take. That means anyone can do a stream, and then when you get killed, make a report about it claiming you were stream sniped

dragonshardz
May 2, 2017

RazNation posted:

I don't know. I do not think I have ever seen a white person get red-misted in the panties when called that name.

Maybe it means something to a redneck who has social issues but then having a person dropping the N word seems to be a huge no-no but when a black person does it, nothing is said.

I'm confused.

"Why can't I use a slur but the demographic that it applies to can? It's so unfair."

Get hosed~

Bad Purchase posted:

please don’t call me the h-word anymore, i’m begging you

or the k-word either

You can go away too, lol

Evil SpongeBob posted:

So, do I need to drop a goatse ban me thread in goonfleet forums? I still have vacation access, but I don't know how to cut myself out of it completely.

Just drop corp and see how long it takes for them to ban you because the auth script fell over and didn't strip your access.

Oh, but steal every useful guide you possibly can before you go.

Banme is your call.

raminasi
Jan 25, 2005

a last drink with no ice

Evil SpongeBob posted:

So, do I need to drop a goatse ban me thread in goonfleet forums? I still have vacation access, but I don't know how to cut myself out of it completely.

Are you having trouble keeping yourself from visiting or something?

BigD7976
Feb 24, 2014

by VideoGames

TheWeedNumber posted:

Another one down

Took them long enough.

UltraShame
Nov 6, 2006

Vocabulum.

Voyager I posted:

That was, indeed, one of the privileges of being a member of The Party back in the day. Hell, I remember a speech from Mittens back then about how the entire purpose of the Imperial apparatus was to allow the ordinary Goon (meaning SA posters and people with cultural ties to the forums community outside of EVE) to live the high life in spaceships while being the dumbest, laziest, most useless motherfuckers imaginable.

That's me!

The structure of Goonfleet let me pick and choose who to do internet spaceships with afforded me ability to avoid lovely or downright problematic FCs and any other assholes & play when I wanted to. At the same time it availied me of all of the luxuries of a great space empire. Double SRP meant I could do dumb solo PVP stuff and get paid to do so. Industry and PI as far as the eye can see. Etc.

If I have to do more than poo poo up Elysium to stay in Goonfleet to shoot ships whenever I decide to resub (not likely!) why would I ever want to? Additionally, if the goal here is to get rid of all the awful people with reprehensible behaviour, it's good to start at the top, but there are more than a few corps that are pretty notorious for tolerating extremely lovely types of people. e: not BATTLESTARS bad, but still bad.

KICK. THOSE. NERDS!

UltraShame fucked around with this message at 01:00 on Jul 27, 2022

Ice Fist
Jun 20, 2012

^^ Please send feedback to beefstache911@hotmail.com, this is not a joke that 'stache is the real deal. Serious assessments only. ^^

[BTLS] represent

Evil SpongeBob
Dec 1, 2005

Not the other one, couldn't stand the other one. Nope nope nope. Here, enjoy this bird.

raminasi posted:

Are you having trouble keeping yourself from visiting or something?

No, it's more like severing ties.

I've been out of GF for a few years, but I guess I just want to make sure I'm not on any member list even if it's just on a forum.

WorkerThread
Feb 15, 2012

Evil SpongeBob posted:

I've been out of GF for a few years, but I guess I just want to make sure I'm not on any member list even if it's just on a forum.

good, because i'm going to be auditing the people who have the wrong database flags in their user record and making recommendations to st. peter.

ded
Oct 27, 2005

Kooler than Jesus

Evil SpongeBob posted:

just post that mittani defended a pedo and boom you'll be banned forever

or post his logs

either will work

Farking Bastage
Sep 22, 2007

Who dey think gonna beat dem Bengos!
I go to log in tonight and ffffuck me. 13k players.

ChickenWing
Jul 22, 2010

:v:

Ice Fist posted:

[BTLS] represent

The only thing BTLS represents is godawful posting

Elusif II
Jul 13, 2022

I'm Gary
This game fun yet?

Samuel L. Hacksaw
Mar 26, 2007

Never Stop Posting

Elusif II posted:

This game fun yet?

Goosefleet has deployed and onlined a stager, we're evicting the current tenants in about 14hr.

Elusif II
Jul 13, 2022

I'm Gary
You sure you don't just want me to bankroll something for you instead? An astrahus is only like 5 bil all told.

Ice Fist
Jun 20, 2012

^^ Please send feedback to beefstache911@hotmail.com, this is not a joke that 'stache is the real deal. Serious assessments only. ^^

ChickenWing posted:

The only thing BTLS represents is godawful posting

Whoa there mister. Just because nobody can tell the difference between posts from BTLS of days past and all of GSF now is no reason to get snippy. :colbert:

Farking Bastage
Sep 22, 2007

Who dey think gonna beat dem Bengos!
That bee avatar was legit though ^^

Samuel L. Hacksaw
Mar 26, 2007

Never Stop Posting

Elusif II posted:

You sure you don't just want me to bankroll something for you instead? An astrahus is only like 5 bil all told.

Uhh, yeah sure send 5b to Becky Crenshaw I'll make sure it goes towards losing ships in holes.

Potato Salad
Oct 23, 2014

nobody cares

Mekchu posted:

lol, just loving lol

that actually happens more than you'd think, especially in esl situations not to mention people who were raised in non-american centric culture that also speak english.

weird this became the focus of discussion for y'all and not the whole "person got doxxed again, somehow in relation to all the EVE stuff being posted itt"

you understand SA has been through a decade+ of this "actually my coded edgy not-humor is perfectly ok and a joke"

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Potato Salad posted:

you understand SA has been through a decade+ of this "actually my coded edgy not-humor is perfectly ok and a joke"

dealing with esl speakers far more than anyone else in this thread, all i was saying was that words that you americans think aren't used anymore still pop up and was a possible source/reason for the name. did you miss the post where it was cleared up and i said "oh well then that's cleared up"? :shrug:

it's ok though, i appreciate the insinuations i am a racist because i dont have an american-centric worldview.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

CainFortea
Oct 15, 2004

Mekchu posted:

dealing with esl speakers far more than anyone else in this thread, all i was saying was that words that you americans think aren't used anymore still pop up. :shrug:

it's ok though, i appreciate the insinuations i am a racist because i dont have an american-centric worldview.

Actually it's your full throated defense of people who are obviously being racist edgelords but go on.

Potato Salad
Oct 23, 2014

nobody cares

Mekchu posted:

dealing with esl speakers far more than anyone else in this thread, all i was saying was that words that you americans think aren't used anymore still pop up and was a possible source/reason for the name. did you miss the post where it was cleared up and i said "oh well then that's cleared up"? :shrug:

I'll be straight with you, I'm not reading a god damned thing you're writing lol

gently caress off n-bomb edger

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

CainFortea posted:

Actually it's your full throated defense of people who are obviously being racist edgelords but go on.

I openly support reporting the name and having CCP change it so idk if that's actually defending them but OK

dragonshardz
May 2, 2017

Elusif II posted:

Less than that.

You can send any and all ISK directly to the Goosefleet corp ingame.

Feliday Melody
May 8, 2021

Mekchu posted:

Necros
Jul 23, 2003

Not An Arsonist posted:

Confirming this is a pretty accurate description of events. It's a drat shame really, we always assumed we would die in a last stand type conflict staring down a "gently caress Goons" style eviction. In the end, space dad left for cigarettes' and forgot the way home, and the teens left home shitposted too close to the sun.

After "The Incident", many of Hole Squads leadership and core members were either kicked, banned, or left of their own accord, disgusted with the way things went down. Personally, i also heavily disagreed with the ridiculousness of it all, but i chose to stay and try to pick up the pieces. We had a meeting after the dust settled to figure out where to go from here. Nearing the end of the meeting, Dod surprised me with the gift of responsibility in the form of director status, and suddenly i found myself neck deep in Hole Squads problems.

The master plan was to return to Goku (our origin C4 wormhole) and recruit new blood to bring the squad back to life, but things would never make it that far. About a week after everything went down, Mitten's gave the order to shut down Hole Squad. The decision was final, with no room to dispute. Halfway through moving assets and men home to Goku, we now had to tear down and evac everything. Though i didn't know the first thing about being a director, i was very versed in wormhole logistics and not getting caught. To that end, i made every effort to help each nerd stuck in limbo get their poo poo packed and into known space. I also had the joy of helping tear down the citadels and local infrastructure of our home. But for my efforts i swiped a very special structure, the 5-17 POS tower "The Toonie Bin", which i was assigned to live in before the age of citadels came around. I still have it.

In about a month, it was done. Goku was empty and the squad was essentially no more. Dod kicked any inactive members out of the corporation, and kept it alive as an alt corp. I stayed to the very end until there was nothing more to be done. And aside from Dod Kalm and his alts, i was the very last member of Hole violence. And that's the final chapter to Hole Squad.

who are you in game

Vando posted:

The corp was created by Americans and while I didn't encounter any screaming racist behaviour 15 years ago as a member I'm p sure it was exactly picked as a "lol look how we use the words we can't say" edgy name, so maybe it's time to stop all this weird equivocation.

e: it's the focus of attention because what do you want us to say? "oh jeez this story I have no details of at all is definitely our fault somehow, let us commence the self-flagellation forthwith"?

e2: edited bc I said there was no racism around the corp back then but there almost definitely was so not gonna stand by that statement even a little bit

not gonna touch this whole other thing but I thought Shamis started the corp and he wasnt american.

edit: apparently he was american. i always thought he was a euro. must have confused him with shadoo.

Necros fucked around with this message at 05:26 on Jul 27, 2022

Feliday Melody
May 8, 2021

No one in Europe uses that word, either. Can we kindly not entertain even a hint of good faith with that word choice?

Necros
Jul 23, 2003

Feliday Melody posted:

No one in Europe uses that word, either. Can we kindly not entertain even a hint of good faith with that word choice?

like I said im not talking at all about that corp name. im just talking about old PL guys some of us played with at some point.

Feliday Melody
May 8, 2021

Necros posted:

like I said im not talking at all about that corp name. im just talking about old PL guys some of us played with at some point.

This wasn't as much at you personally as it was against the general idea that it could be an acceptable word anywhere outside the US. An argument that has peppered this and the last thread on occasion and isn't getting as much pushback as it should.

I just want to clarify that it's not an okay word in Europe either, and I hope to never see that implied ever again.

FruitNYogurtParfait
Mar 29, 2006

Sion lied. Deadtear died for our sins. #VengeanceForDeadtear
#PunGateNeverForget
#ModLivesMatter

Mekchu posted:

lol whys this the hill you want to stake out on

people say snigger/ed but its pretty rare and the people who do are either being edgelords or are using it properly in context that corp name is very much not the latter and if you disagree you're stupid as hell

also its like 400 years old when everyone was an edgelord

FruitNYogurtParfait fucked around with this message at 06:10 on Jul 27, 2022

dragonshardz
May 2, 2017

People so willingly baring their entire asses in this thread makes it so easy to weed out shitheads.

Thanks for making it easy.

Also, protip, the only time you'll ever see "snigger" or forms thereof is when an author is using it to describe a particular kind of shrunken-in, mean laugh.

Like...Wesley Snipes.

Mr. Grinch
Jul 2, 2007

They say that the Grinch's small heart grew three sizes that day.
i could have sworn i read somewhere (perhaps kugu?) an admission that the name was purposefully chosen because it contains the Nword and knew CCP wouldnt force a name change because it has just enough plausible deniability
its like that dude that argued with a GM that his character "captain fslur face" wasnt really a slur because you see hes british and smokes a lot
or ccp changing kugutsumen's character name from TentacleRape to TentacleSeduction
its smirking, knowing, euphemistic "im not touching you" edgelord bullshit and if you cant recognize that youre a dullard

Wolfy
Jul 13, 2009

dragonshardz posted:

People so willingly baring their entire asses in this thread makes it so easy to weed out shitheads.

Thanks for making it easy.

Also, protip, the only time you'll ever see "snigger" or forms thereof is when an author is using it to describe a particular kind of shrunken-in, mean laugh.

Like...Wesley Snipes.
To that extent, isn't snicker a perfectly acceptable substitute?

FruitNYogurtParfait
Mar 29, 2006

Sion lied. Deadtear died for our sins. #VengeanceForDeadtear
#PunGateNeverForget
#ModLivesMatter
you didnt need to pm me dude you could just wait a day

dragonshardz
May 2, 2017

Wolfy posted:

Honestly, it depends. To me, a snicker is stifled or sly, while a snigger is more of a villainous, mean-spirited thing.

But...that's when you're using it in context. When you're trying to defend an Eve corp named "Sniggerdly"...not so much.

Sayonara, Mekchu, GANDR shall not miss you.

FruitNYogurtParfait posted:

you didnt need to pm me dude you could just wait a day

"Why won't you debate me!" ?

Bad Purchase
Jun 17, 2019

everyone keeps saying the word, you’re playing right into their hands. a decade old trap has sprung.

lifetime supply of Pocky
Aug 19, 2003

Bad Purchase posted:

everyone keeps saying the word, you’re playing right into their hands. a decade old trap has sprung.

oh wow i feel so incredibly owned

Endie
Feb 7, 2007

Jings

Wolfy posted:

People in Britain would say "snigger" quite freely, and not imagine that it was in any way suggestive of the N-word. Snicker is much more of an american-ism, and translates as "Marathon". In Scots we still have "smicker" but it's not used as often these days. I cannot remember the last time I read someone use "niggardly" outside of a discussion about Eve edge-lordism and it makes me kinda uncomfortable even to type. Of the three, it's the only archaism and for a variety of good reasons, and comes with a warning in some dictionaries.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vando
Oct 26, 2007

stoats about

Endie posted:

I cannot remember the last time I read someone use "niggardly" outside of a discussion about Eve edge-lordism and it makes me kinda uncomfortable even to type. Of the three, it's the only archaism and for a variety of good reasons, and comes with a warning in some dictionaries.
Yeah the only time I've seen it is when people are trying to be Very Clever Edgelords and sometimes they will also turn themselves inside out to find a way to slightly modify the spelling and oh wait, look where we are now!