Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Vim Fuego
Jun 1, 2000

I LITERALLY SLEEP IN A RACING CAR. DO YOU?
p.s. ask me about my subscription mattress
Ultra Carp
I dunno about Alex Jones but I reckon I could beat up the parents of kids killed in Sandy Hook

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Somebody fucked around with this message at 11:37 on Jul 27, 2022

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lil Swamp Booger Baby
Aug 1, 1981

Alex Jones

Lazyfire
Feb 4, 2006

God saves. Satan Invests

loving Moron posted:

I completely forgot about that militant conspiracy nut job. Wasn't it a cop that took him out? I want to say he did suicide by cop.

So Cooper's death is one that would be sad and weird if he was anywhere near a decent person. For the last couple years of his life he was a "fugitive" on tax evasion charges. The government was worried about Ruby Ridge Pt. 2 if they tried to arrest him, so he was just living in his house and going into town freely, still doing his radio show.

In that time his wife left him, taking their daughter because Cooper was a violent drunk his entire life and somehow was never *as* bad to them as his previous families, but it finally got so bad that the wife realized a house insulated with guns on a hill miles from anyone was a bad place to live with an abuser. Then his daughter from his first marriage came back into his life and realized he was a monster and didn't want to live in the gun-insulation house either and fled with the help of the Feds.

He had become a problem in town over time as well, constantly threatening people and ranting about his enemies in town on air. Anyways, the cops waited until the one guy who didn't want Cooper to die in a hail of bullets wasn't in town to fake a car breaking down on his driveway and lit him up when he came down to tell them to get off his lawn. Depressed, drunk and armed like he spent most of the last few years of his life.

Seth Pecksniff
May 27, 2004

can't believe shrek is fucking dead. rip to a real one.

Nelson Mandingo posted:

...I'm LEGITIMATELY NOT WEARING A SHIRT RIGHT NOW OH gently caress

What are your thoughts about them putting chemicals in the water that turn the frickin frogs gay?

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

🚣RowboatMan: ❄️Freezing time🕰️ is an old P.I. 🥧trick...

Revins posted:

reminder that some of the parents who lost children at sandy hook had to pack up and leave their community and change their identities because jones' followers wouldn't stop harassing them to the point of death threats

From like 8 pages back, but... I try, in my day to day life as a husband and parent and all of that to not carry any hate in me for anyone. Let people be people, some are hosed up, misguided, whatever, but I try not to hate.

But I hate Alex Jones. I truly, unequivocally hate that person. I hope he spends a considerable amount of time in prison (obviously he's not going to get life, but I wish), and I sincerely hope it breaks him or worse. There's literally no positive aspect to him being in society and I genuinely hope that he will somehow not be a part of it anymore, however that happens.

gently caress, and I can't stress this enough, that piece of literal lumpy human sized poo poo Alex Jones.

teen witch
Oct 9, 2012

Rupert Buttermilk posted:

From like 8 pages back, but... I try, in my day to day life as a husband and parent and all of that to not carry any hate in me for anyone. Let people be people, some are hosed up, misguided, whatever, but I try not to hate.

But I hate Alex Jones. I truly, unequivocally hate that person. I hope he spends a considerable amount of time in prison (obviously he's not going to get life, but I wish), and I sincerely hope it breaks him or worse. There's literally no positive aspect to him being in society and I genuinely hope that he will somehow not be a part of it anymore, however that happens.

gently caress, and I can't stress this enough, that piece of literal lumpy human sized poo poo Alex Jones.

It’s understandable to feel this way. It’s not so much that I personally hate him as a person (and I do, his personality is *grating*), but I absolutely hate what he has done to society as a whole, even before 2016.

He takes natural skepticism, enquiry, and the urge to know more and abuses it for his own purposes.

Everyone has a right to learn more about Sandy Hook, 9/11, or whatever, but to have the facts laid out, plain as day and gruesome to boot, and then to go “hm nah actually I think it was this and I have zero concrete proof. you are the enemy now for finding ME unreasonable.” There is no gray areas, accepting of unknowns or bitter truths in conspiracy world. There is no pausing to think of others, as others are “them” and they are evil.

For instance, ever since I got the second vax shot, my periods have been more painful and longer. I thought the timing was suspect, but figured it was worth a look on Dr. Google, if maybe I’m not the only one.

It’s bad enough that menstruation and menstrual health is hardly considered during the trials, or as a whole, but to have bonkers conspiracy crap posing as legitimate information is loving infuriating. I am in pain and want to know what’s going on, I don’t want your loving screed about bill gates. I just want to know if it’s a side effect or if it’s a sign of something serious unconnected to the vaccine, and that’s a fair thing to want to know! I don’t want to have to play debunker while crying in pain. And I fear that others who are in my situation could find easy answers in these brainwormed antivaxxers, rather than factual information that could help.

(FWIW, it’s come out that the vaccine lead to menstrual changes in around 40 percent of recipients who have their period. This came out a few weeks ago, which it would have been great to know about literally anytime goddamn earlier.)

teen witch
Oct 9, 2012
Anyway if anyone wants to feel incredibly depressed until the start of today’s impending disaster, check out r/qanoncasualties.

quote:

My friends canceled on my daughters birthday because too many of our relatives are unvaxxed.
And I dont blame them. It loving sucks. Its my best friend and her daughter, who is good friends with my daughter. She will have no other kids there because no one I know with kids will bring them around my unvaxxed relatives knowingly. I mean, right? Who would bring their kid to a party knowing half the adults unvaxxed? I wouldn't.

I canceled the party. Its not gone, covid isn't over.

These people swore, they swore up and down the pandemic would disappear once the election was over. They wore their Q tee shirts and hats, they had their trump stickers and they said Biden wasn't the real president.

Cool cool make believe. Now please apologize to your grandchild. Because of you, because my friends know you'll be all up in my house this week, they want no part of your covid spreading rear end. But go on, because 'nothing we do actually affects you guys' right? Nothing you do has any real world consequences at all.

This is result of the likes of Alex Jones and his ilk.

kntfkr
Feb 11, 2019

GOOSE FUCKER
Alex Jones and me
Stumbling through the barrio
Yeah, we stare at the beautiful women
She's perfect for you
Man, there's got to be somebody for me
I wanna be Bob Dole
Alex Jones wishes he was someone just a little more funky
When everybody loves you, ah son
That's just about as funky as you can be

Alex Jones and me
Staring at the video
When I look at the television, I want to see me
Staring right back at me
We all wanna have big cocks
But we don't know why, and we don't know how
But when everybody loves me
I'm wanna be just about as happy as I can be
Alex Jones and me
We're gonna be big stars

lil poopendorfer
Nov 13, 2014

by the sex ghost

Rupert Buttermilk posted:

he's been correct about many things, sandy hook notwithstanding

UFOs, young blood transfusions, human monkey chimeras .. people mocked him at the time of these claims but Alex Jones had the last laugh

BigBadSteve
Apr 29, 2009

lil poopendorfer posted:

UFOs, young blood transfusions, human monkey chimeras .. people mocked him at the time of these claims but Alex Jones had the last laugh

Even a stopped clock is right twice a day. I hope he ends up unable to laugh about anything (much like the bereaved parents whose harassment he boneheadedly championed).

KitConstantine
Jan 11, 2013

Human monkey chimeras are real? :thunk:

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

lil poopendorfer posted:

He can die in a fire for all I care. Who gives a poo poo about other things he's been right about? He literally orchestrated the harassment of Sandy Hook victim's families. Get the gently caress out of here with this "Sandy hook notwithstanding". Who gives a gently caress?

Pirate Radar
Apr 18, 2008

You're not my Ruthie!
You're not my Debbie!
You're not my Sherry!
I didn’t say those things people think I said. Unless you agree with me, in which case I was right to say them. But legally speaking I didn’t say them and if I did I was speaking hypothetically. Also please don’t ask where this highly detailed background check on one of the people suing me came from, I don’t know and you can’t prove I ordered it.

Mooey Cow
Jan 27, 2018

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Pillbug

KitConstantine posted:

Haven't you seen Greoge w Bush :grin:

ChickenHeart
Nov 28, 2007

Take me at your own risk.

Kiss From a Hog
As someone who takes great pains to avoid wishing harm on others, I can confidently say that the world would be none worse for wear if Alex Jones were to accidentally plunge into a vat of amnesia-chili and be devoured by chemically-altered frogs

But not before being squeezed for every last cent by his victims

Leroy Dennui
Aug 9, 2014

Gina McCarthy made us gay,
but we would not have met
had Biden not dropped his cones
:gaysper::frogbon:

KitConstantine posted:

We have one posting on our very forums as "lil poopendorfer."

kntfkr
Feb 11, 2019

GOOSE FUCKER

KitConstantine posted:

No, Bart. That would be playing God.

Devor
Nov 30, 2004
Lurking more.
Stream for today is up, nothing going on yet

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AKmWrkNxXB0

Seth Pecksniff
May 27, 2004

Devor posted:

Stream for today is up, nothing going on yet

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AKmWrkNxXB0

her name is Gamble?

Looks like Alex Jones rolled the dice...................... and lost :grin:

KitConstantine
Jan 11, 2013

Seth Pecksniff posted:

her name is Gamble?

Looks like Alex Jones rolled the dice...................... and lost :grin:

*csi miami song* YEAAAAAAHHHHHHHHH

Piell
Sep 3, 2006

Grey Worm's Ken doll-like groin throbbed with the anticipatory pleasure that only a slightly warm and moist piece of lemoncake could offer

Young Orc
It sounds like Daria didn't show up?
Edit: Yep
https://twitter.com/dansolomon/status/1552295712179867654

Devor
Nov 30, 2004
Lurking more.
Who are they missing? Judge said someone is 13 minutes late and sent jury back to their hole

Edit: Oh, Daria. I wouldn't have wanted to show up either

Edit 2: She just got there

red19fire
May 26, 2010

*clinking coke bottles*

A-LEX JOO-OOOO-OOONES, COME OUT TO PLAA-AAAA-AAAAYYYYY

E: HOLD DARIA IN CONTEMPT

Piell
Sep 3, 2006

Grey Worm's Ken doll-like groin throbbed with the anticipatory pleasure that only a slightly warm and moist piece of lemoncake could offer

Young Orc
Also the lawyer mentioned that he didn't think any of the other witnesses were there either so it sounds like nobody from Infowars showed up on time

Zil
Jun 4, 2011

Satanically Summoned Citrus

The defense is just doing everything in their power to piss off this judge.

Robo Reagan
Feb 12, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Piell posted:

It sounds like Daria didn't show up?
Edit: Yep
https://twitter.com/dansolomon/status/1552295712179867654

i cant tell if shes trying to throw alex under the bus or is just horribly incompetent

funeral home DJ
Apr 21, 2003

Pillbug

Piell posted:

Also the lawyer mentioned that he didn't think any of the other witnesses were there either so it sounds like nobody from Infowars showed up on time

I can guarantee you all that this is good for Alex Jones’s case and will get him the minimum damages, or my name isn’t Lionel Hutz!

BigglesSWE
Dec 2, 2014

How 'bout them hawks news huh!
I’m not gonna be able to watch this today so thank you fellow goons for making lols in this thread.

KitConstantine
Jan 11, 2013

Robo Reagan posted:

i cant tell if shes trying to throw alex under the bus or is just horribly incompetent

If you listen to her deposition on Knowledge Fight you know for sure its the second one.

Also she has an utterly bizarre point of view on what is acceptable to say and what isn't

Piell
Sep 3, 2006

Young Orc
"Look just because the title says Crisis Actors at Sandy Hook doesn't mean that Infowars is saying there were crisis actors at Sandy Hook"
https://twitter.com/dansolomon/status/1552299674706624517

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

lil poopendorfer posted:

:lol: I didn't even report it, but hey, can't argue with it.

teen witch
Oct 9, 2012
Heads up everyone, here’s todays feed:

https://youtu.be/AKmWrkNxXB0

Digital Jedi
May 28, 2007

Fallen Rib
Going to be laughing if Jones doesn't show up and goes live on his show and does commentary watching the court stream

Troubadour
Mar 1, 2001
Forum Veteran

Robo Reagan posted:

When acting as the corporate representative for Free Speech Systems LLC, the sole exhibit she brought to her deposition was the printed out Wikipedia page for "false flag."

red19fire
May 26, 2010

Come on Bankston, let the bad cop question Daria.

E: if you don’t understand what a deposition is you shouldn’t be a juror.

funeral home DJ
Apr 21, 2003

Pillbug

Digital Jedi posted:

Going to be laughing if Jones doesn't show up and goes live on his show and does commentary watching the court stream

There will be a "if I was there I'd tell them..." coming from Alex Jones if he does have his show, and not a goddamned single true believer listening at that moment will understand how funny it is.

BigglesSWE
Dec 2, 2014

How 'bout them hawks news huh!
https://twitter.com/gotobedjordan/status/1552302593438728193?s=21&t=lrBlMKF5neL0ywQcb7z-9A

neato burrito
Aug 25, 2002

bitch better have my chex mix

How is any of this questioning relevant to how much AJ has to pay out? Can the judge just say "I've heard enough, gently caress you" and state an amount?

Robo Reagan
Feb 12, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

neato burrito posted:

How is any of this questioning relevant to how much AJ has to pay out? Can the judge just say "I've heard enough, gently caress you" and state an amount?

The jury are the ones deciding how much to pay out

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Seth Pecksniff
May 27, 2004

neato burrito posted:

No because the Seventh Amendment explicitly states the right to a jury trial for any civil case where the value is over $20, and Jones asked for a jury trial