Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

teen witch
Oct 9, 2012
Man what are corporate files, anyway?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.

red19fire posted:

I didn’t know that part. Incredible. It’s like Alex hired her thinking she would make a great stool pigeon.

Is she personally going to face any punishment? Like contempt of court for the deposition shenanigans and this nonsense.

‘Did Jim Helbig appear on infowars in 2015?’

‘It’s impossible for me to know for sure, there’s too many videos.’

Nah nothing is going to happen to her.

Squatch Ambassador
Nov 12, 2008

What? Never seen a shaved Squatch before?
Is a recording from yesterday available anywhere?

Seth Pecksniff
May 27, 2004

can't believe shrek is fucking dead. rip to a real one.
I think the judge was explicit in saying that recording isn't allowed unless you're preapproved media (which the zoom feed probably isn't?)

Your Gay Uncle
Feb 16, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Mr. Nice! posted:

They aren't going to win on that argument if they can even allege it on appeal. Trial judges have wide discretion to make decisions so long as they follow whatever procedure they're required to do. This judge follows the procedures to the letter when it comes to her required findings of fact etc. and has had multiple massive sanction awards upheld.

Jones isn't winning an appeal.

Oh, I don't think they'll win with this strategy, I just think it might be their strategy

Kind of like https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IHwuQcvxCMg

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat
Alex Jones in his little booth looks like a shaved gorilla in a suit

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.

Hungry Computer posted:

Is a recording from yesterday available anywhere?

No. The stream was up on youtube for a few hours but was removed at some point in the evening.

Generally speaking, if you're not watching court live you're stuck with transcripts.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.

Seth Pecksniff posted:

I think the judge was explicit in saying that recording isn't allowed unless you're preapproved media (which the zoom feed probably isn't?)

Correct. Courts usually have strict rules about recording audio and video. The judge is just enforcing that because that's her job.

They're open to the public, but you gotta actually go there or watch.

B-Rock452
Jan 6, 2005
:justflu:
Turned on the stream just to hear the witness try to excuse that e mail by saying "in his mind he didn't believe the child existed" which is probably one of the worst answers she could have given lol. Did the defense not prepare their witnesses at all?

vaginite
Feb 8, 2006

I'm comin' for you, colonel.

Whats the email everyone's talking about it? Can't find it online, googling alex jones, email, trial just gets lots of articles about the trial that have an email signup anywhere on the page (so all of them)

TulliusCicero
Jul 29, 2017

The link for the livestream isn't working for me.

Yeah what does this emIl say that's so bad? I missed i too

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

I forgot to post my food for USPOL Thanksgiving but that's okay too!

Fallen Rib

vaginite posted:

Whats the email everyone's talking about it? Can't find it online, googling alex jones, email, trial just gets lots of articles about the trial that have an email signup anywhere on the page (so all of them)

I think it was from Wolfgang Halbig to a Sandy Hook parent saying that they were a terrible parent for allowing their child to go to Sandy Hook which was built on top of a toxic waste dump and that it was child abuse.

EDIT: Fixed the last name, lil Sal was up late last night and I'm very tired

SalTheBard fucked around with this message at 17:14 on Jul 27, 2022

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.

B-Rock452 posted:

Turned on the stream just to hear the witness try to excuse that e mail by saying "in his mind he didn't believe the child existed" which is probably one of the worst answers she could have given lol. Did the defense not prepare their witnesses at all?

Please see my earlier post re: Judge's findings about Daria's deposition below.

Mr. Nice! posted:

Daria is deliberately a moron. Her deposition is part of why Jones got a $1m sanction against him.

This is part of the judge's factual findings in support of these sanctions (which was upheld by the 3rd COA).

e: part of the death penalty sanction was five different corporate rep depositions where the corporate rep knew nothing. Daria's depo was after the full default.

AHH F/UGH
May 25, 2002

Is there another link to a stream? The one in the OP isn't working

Seth Pecksniff
May 27, 2004

"The source of this claim was Alex Jones's mind"

Also I'm using this stream:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AKmWrkNxXB0

vaginite
Feb 8, 2006

I'm comin' for you, colonel.

SalTheBard posted:

I think it was from Wolfgang Helsner to a Sandy Hook parent saying that they were a terrible parent for allowing their child to go to Sandy Hook which was built on top of a toxic waste dump and that it was child abuse.

oof

Froghammer
Sep 8, 2012

Khajit has wares
if you have coin
Gotta love when defendants object based on rulings that don't exist

Mr. Fall Down Terror
Jan 24, 2018

by Fluffdaddy

B-Rock452 posted:

Did the defense not prepare their witnesses at all?

there is no defense, this is the legal equivalent of a public flaying. jones continually stonewalled and obstructed until he exhausted the last ounce of the judge's patience, and now the process is still rolling well past the point of no return. a sensible defendant would have settled long ago to keep this disaster out of public view

KitConstantine
Jan 11, 2013

Also Halbig describing how he went to their house in Florida, where the parents moved because of all the harassment, and talked to their neighbors personally after lurking outside their home.

B-Rock452
Jan 6, 2005

Mr. Nice! posted:

Please see my earlier post re: Judge's findings about Daria's deposition below.

I didn't actually believe how bad she actually was. This is absolutely brutal. Also just saw one of the dumbest objections from Jones' team. Just all around great work

From what I understand the e mail was telling a parent they failed their non verbal child who was killed and that they deserved it.

Omg witness pretty much admitting they didn't view any of the videos to prepare despite being instructed to and possibly admitting that info wars didn't provide everything as instructed during discovery.

B-Rock452 fucked around with this message at 17:08 on Jul 27, 2022

kntfkr
Feb 11, 2019

GOOSE FUCKER

SalTheBard posted:

I think it was from Wolfgang Helsner to a Sandy Hook parent saying that they were a terrible parent for allowing their child to go to Sandy Hook which was built on top of a toxic waste dump and that it was child abuse.

Halbig not Helsner

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

Fallen Rib
This woman is a terrible witness hooolllyyy poo poo.

Pirate Radar
Apr 18, 2008

You're not my Ruthie!
You're not my Debbie!
You're not my Sherry!

B-Rock452 posted:

Was it Daria? She’s the one who previously said that it was actually good for Jones (or maybe Halbig?) to claim that Sandy Hook never happened, because isn’t it better to imagine those children didn’t die? :kheldragar:

The Knowledge Fight hosts said they can’t tell if she’s ever being stupid on purpose or if she’s just naturally like that.

E: I can’t watch the stream rn but it sounds like it is Daria

Troubadour
Mar 1, 2001
Forum Veteran
I can't watch the live feed, but if the email is the one I'm thinking of, it comes up in Knowledge Fight #641 - Formulaic Objections part 4. Karpova's entire 5 hour depo is also online on YouTube under the Farrar & Ball YT page.

AHH F/UGH
May 25, 2002

loooooooooooooooool

This witness, my god, why even bother running defense for loving Alex Jones

Stefan Prodan
Jan 7, 2002

I deeply respect you as a human being... Some day I'm gonna make you *Mrs* Buck Turgidson!

Grimey Drawer

Mr. Fall Down Terror posted:

there is no defense, this is the legal equivalent of a public flaying. jones continually stonewalled and obstructed until he exhausted the last ounce of the judge's patience, and now the process is still rolling well past the point of no return. a sensible defendant would have settled long ago to keep this disaster out of public view

they tried and the families refused all their offers lol

B-Rock452
Jan 6, 2005
You know you don't have a good lawyer when the judge has to explicitly ask why he is objecting to something as he rambles incoherently

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

Fallen Rib

kntfkr posted:

Halbig not Helsner

Sorry!

Seth Pecksniff
May 27, 2004

it's very clear that these people have never talked to anyone in the actual, real world and have reinforced themselves to be the smartest people in a room and now they're colliding with reality

StrangersInTheNight
Dec 31, 2007
ABSOLUTE FUCKING GUDGEON
would feel bad for this woman, if I didn't know she also agreed to take money from Alex Jones to go through this

real sarah huckabee sanders vibes

KitConstantine
Jan 11, 2013

Pirate Radar posted:

Was it Daria? She’s the one who previously said that it was actually good for Jones (or maybe Halbig?) to claim that Sandy Hook never happened, because isn’t it better to imagine those children didn’t die? :kheldragar:

The Knowledge Fight hosts said they can’t tell if she’s ever being stupid on purpose or if she’s just naturally like that.

E: I can’t watch the stream rn but it sounds like it is Daria

it is in fact Daria and she does in fact suuuuuck

Robo Reagan
Feb 12, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

StrangersInTheNight posted:

would feel bad for this woman, if I didn't know she also agreed to take money from Alex Jones to go through this

real sarah huckabee sanders vibes

she's part of the info wars system. she's part of the problem, not some random idiot they dm'd on craigslist

teen witch
Oct 9, 2012
To those new, Daria is Just Like This

Lambo Trillrissian
May 18, 2007
Daria: "That's his weapon, it's his speech"
Prosecution: "Let's see how he uses that weapon."

Oh boy is she ever going to regret that choice of word

Nelson Mandingo
Mar 27, 2005

I'm...I can't believe I forgot the word, where you're curious but feel you know you will regret it?

I'd really like to hear this email that shook folks up. Anyone know a timestamp on the stream?

Digital Jedi
May 28, 2007

Fallen Rib
Jones going to promote Daria after this

teen witch
Oct 9, 2012

Nelson Mandingo posted:

I'm...I can't believe I forgot the word, where you're curious but feel you know you will regret it?

I'd really like to hear this email that shook folks up. Anyone know a timestamp on the stream?

There isn’t a time stamp on the stream as it’s not being recorded, the judge specifically requested it.

Gotta wait for transcripts OR if anyone knows the knowledge fight episode and timestamp I’ll add it to the OP

Grand Fromage
Jan 30, 2006

L-l-look at you bar-bartender, a-a pa-pathetic creature of meat and bone, un-underestimating my l-l-liver's ability to metab-meTABolize t-toxins. How can you p-poison a perfect, immortal alcohOLIC?

haljordan posted:

He should've used the Fox News defense: "No person with an IQ above 50 would actually believe any of this"

They have used this defense before, actually.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.

Lambo Trillrissian posted:

Daria: "That's his weapon, it's his speech"
Prosecution: "Let's see how he uses that weapon."

Oh boy is she ever going to regret that choice of word

The emails are in deposition videos as well. I think the knowledge fight thread in rapidly going deaf might be able to help you find it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nelson Mandingo
Mar 27, 2005

teen witch posted:

There isn’t a time stamp on the stream as it’s not being recorded, the judge specifically requested it.

Gotta wait for transcripts OR if anyone knows the knowledge fight episode and timestamp I’ll add it to the OP

I appreciate it.