Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

Grand Fromage posted:

They have used this defense before, actually.

In this case we have evidence that 24% of america believes jone's hoax re: sandy hook because of his decade of lying and continued lies.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KitConstantine
Jan 11, 2013

teen witch posted:

There isn’t a time stamp on the stream as it’s not being recorded, the judge specifically requested it.

Gotta wait for transcripts OR if anyone knows the knowledge fight episode and timestamp I’ll add it to the OP

It's episode 641, or Formulaic objections Part 4. Alex is up first then Daria is also deposed in the episode. Time stamp for the Halbig email to the non-verbal child's mother is 2:12:30. This leads into multiple other Halbig emails

I'll try to find the other email about the visit to Florida.

KitConstantine fucked around with this message at 17:35 on Jul 27, 2022

MassiveSky
Apr 5, 2022

by Hand Knit

Revins posted:

it lets you throw out finger guns at comedically inappropriate times, it rules

I recommend that everyone tries playing dumb, strong detective.
About as convicing as a mormon, but really good at breaking stuff.

Troubadour
Mar 1, 2001
Forum Veteran
According to Karpova's depo she makes $125k lol

Songbearer
Jul 12, 2007

Fuck you say?
Jury demands Alex Jones repay those affected by being executed by combine harvester

When Alex objects tell him that the combine harvester might not even exist and if it does, who's to say if he really died when those glorious blades come thrashing

Piell
Sep 3, 2006

Grey Worm's Ken doll-like groin throbbed with the anticipatory pleasure that only a slightly warm and moist piece of lemoncake could offer

Young Orc

teen witch posted:

There isn’t a time stamp on the stream as it’s not being recorded, the judge specifically requested it.

Gotta wait for transcripts OR if anyone knows the knowledge fight episode and timestamp I’ll add it to the OP

Daria's deposition is Episode 641: Formulaic Objections part 4, though I don't have any specific timestamps

StrangersInTheNight
Dec 31, 2007
ABSOLUTE FUCKING GUDGEON

Robo Reagan posted:

she's part of the info wars system. she's part of the problem, not some random idiot they dm'd on craigslist

yeah she works for him, right? that's what I mean, I'd feel bad except....*waves arms*

weaponized ignorance isn't cute and it's not working on the judge

AHH F/UGH
May 25, 2002

lol the guy on this clip "My wife is sick of my poo poo and thinks I'm nuts"

StrangersInTheNight
Dec 31, 2007
ABSOLUTE FUCKING GUDGEON

Nelson Mandingo posted:

I'm...I can't believe I forgot the word, where you're curious but feel you know you will regret it?

morbid curiosity?

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

StrangersInTheNight posted:

yeah she works for him, right? that's what I mean, I'd feel bad except....*waves arms*

weaponized ignorance isn't cute and it's not working on the judge

Yeah she's paid at least $125k/yr.

AHH F/UGH
May 25, 2002

Being a stenographer sounds loving awful, I guess it's a good thing they get paid a pretty good salary

Piell
Sep 3, 2006

Grey Worm's Ken doll-like groin throbbed with the anticipatory pleasure that only a slightly warm and moist piece of lemoncake could offer

Young Orc
Daria is "ignorant" on purpose, she deliberately did not look into anything that she was ordered to by the court. (and lol she just said she was advised not to talk to Alex when preparing for the deposition)

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
whats going on guys is mattering happening or what

Nelson Mandingo
Mar 27, 2005

StrangersInTheNight posted:

morbid curiosity?

Thank you!

Robo Reagan
Feb 12, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Chinatown posted:

this is funny as poo poo and they have to do it all again in conneticut, but jones is gonna make bank from his dumbass viewers while hes ranting about the us justice system having a vendetta against him for telling the truth

StrangersInTheNight
Dec 31, 2007
ABSOLUTE FUCKING GUDGEON

Mr. Nice! posted:

Yeah she's paid at least $125k/yr.

ah yeah def don't feel bad for her then

still, it's sad that that's still just like, a pittance to Alex Jones, so ultimately she's still someone paid 'not very much' (from his POV) to take the dive in public for him.

StrangersInTheNight fucked around with this message at 17:50 on Jul 27, 2022

AHH F/UGH
May 25, 2002

Chinatown posted:

Yeah pretty heavily

Nelson Mandingo
Mar 27, 2005

Chinatown posted:

Yeah Jones is getting legally skull hosed. His only hope is jury nullification (which is ~probably~ why he requested it) and I suspect most folks without significant chemical imbalances don't look kindly onto conspiracy theory, intentional misinformation, and profiting from the death of children.

StrangersInTheNight
Dec 31, 2007
ABSOLUTE FUCKING GUDGEON
ugh her answer to the sane or not thing, she's truly twisted

definitely trained by jones yeah. ugh so gross.

KitConstantine
Jan 11, 2013

I can't believe she doubled down on "i'd rather imagine they were still alive than shot to death"

what the gently caress

Seth Pecksniff
May 27, 2004

can't believe shrek is fucking dead. rip to a real one.
"Any objection?"

"Yes your honor, its--"

"OVERRULED. It's admitted"

Piell
Sep 3, 2006

Young Orc
"look, just because we gave you the document doesn't mean we ever had the document" is the real argument being made in court

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

For those curious, the numbers he's reading off the bottom of the document that says FSS and a set of numbers are called BATES numbers. When a party produces something in discovery, it gets numbered for easy reference and authentication.

Fell Mood
Jul 2, 2022

A terrible Fell look!

Mr. Nice! posted:

For those curious, the numbers he's reading off the bottom of the document that says FSS and a set of numbers are called BATES numbers. When a party produces something in discovery, it gets numbered for easy reference and authentication.

This is kept in the Master BATES file for easy cross reference when trying to find a specific document.

red19fire
May 26, 2010

There’s a part of the deposition where she is told to review a 30 minute video during a one hour lunch break and reminded that the judge ordered her to review it, then comes back and says she skimmed 10 minutes of it.

The other attorney in the gray suit is the pit bull, Mark should let him loose.

E: also Alex said on his show last week that he can’t wait to face his accusers in open court, the truth will save him, etc.

loving gutless coward.

red19fire fucked around with this message at 18:11 on Jul 27, 2022

Deptfordx
Dec 23, 2013

Welp. If i'm Daria at this point. I'm using the lunch break to order an Uber to the airport and boarding the first flight to Tierra Del Fuego to live on the beach and what I can catch from the Ocean.

Anything rather than come back to testify some more.

its all nice on rice
Nov 12, 2006

Sweet, Salty Goodness.

Buglord

Deptfordx posted:

Welp. If i'm Daria at this point. I'm using the lunch break to order an Uber to the airport and boarding the first flight to Tierra Del Fuego to live on the beach and what I can catch from the Ocean.

Anything rather than come back to testify some more.

This is essentially how her deposition went. She's playing stupid on purpose, and is intentionally uninformed.

Piell
Sep 3, 2006

Young Orc
Yep, the strategy from Infowars has been the same the entire time, pretend you know nothing and ignore what the court orders as much as possible

https://twitter.com/gotobedjordan/status/1552342074975850496

Astrochicken
Aug 13, 2007

So you better go back to your bars, your temples
Your massage parlors!

Seth Pecksniff posted:

"Any objection?"

"Yes your honor, its--"

"OVERRULED. It's admitted"

I caught the stream just before this part. she is savage.

haljordan
Oct 22, 2004

the corpse of god is love.

Piell posted:

Yep, the strategy from Infowars has been the same the entire time, pretend you know nothing and ignore what the court orders as much as possible

Yeah even if a judgment is awarded, someone still has to collect that money

Grape
Nov 16, 2017

Happily shilling for China!

SalTheBard posted:

Sandy Hook which was built on top of a toxic waste dump

Well known industrial hellscape: Newtown.

Daniel Dales Dick
Apr 8, 2020

”With the coldest winter ever recorded, with snow setting record levels up and down the coast, the Nobel committee should take the Nobel Prize back from Al Gore"

Vim Fuego posted:

I dunno about Alex Jones but I reckon I could beat up the parents of kids killed in Sandy Hook

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Eat my rear end and balls Seth, you loser. Free Vim Fuego!

Crowsbeak
Oct 9, 2012

by Azathoth
Lipstick Apathy

Piell posted:

A perfectly sound legal strategy. If everyone thinks you’re a clinical moron you can pull off anything.

BigglesSWE
Dec 2, 2014

How 'bout them hawks news huh!
Daria brings horrid flashbacks to school of watching someone being stumped during a presentation they very obviously didn’t prepare for and everyone knows it.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
What if Alex Jones was thrown into a giant vat of elephant diarrhea

You ever thought of that

mojo1701a
Oct 9, 2008

Oh, yeah. Loud and clear. Emphasis on LOUD!
~ David Lee Roth

BigglesSWE posted:

Daria brings horrid flashbacks to school of watching someone being stumped during a presentation they very obviously didn’t prepare for and everyone knows it.

That was my impression with about half of the depositions.

Also I'm so glad I found this thread. I've only been listening to Knowledge Fight in the last month or two, and it's been my bright spot this whole summer.

Zil
Jun 4, 2011

Satanically Summoned Citrus

Shinjobi posted:

You ever thought of that

Just tell him its chili and he would dive in himself.

funeral home DJ
Apr 21, 2003

Pillbug

Shinjobi posted:

You ever thought of that

OK smarty pants but a) where you gonna get that vat of elephant diarrhea and b) how will you tell the difference between Alex jones and elephant diarrhea when he gets in the vat? He'll escape and the plaintiffs will never get the money!!!

Grand Fromage
Jan 30, 2006

L-l-look at you bar-bartender, a-a pa-pathetic creature of meat and bone, un-underestimating my l-l-liver's ability to metab-meTABolize t-toxins. How can you p-poison a perfect, immortal alcohOLIC?

mojo1701a posted:

Can't lie under oath if you legitimately don't know anything. :science:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

I forgot to post my food for USPOL Thanksgiving but that's okay too!

Fallen Rib

mojo1701a posted:

Also I'm so glad I found this thread. I've only been listening to Knowledge Fight in the last month or two, and it's been my bright spot this whole summer.

Yep I also just started listening to that podcast after they appeared on Behind the Bastards and that is the main reason I'm following it today.