Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
COSTCO!!!
PBUC
Executive Member
I make terrible financial decisions here.
BRING BACK THE COMBO SLICE
505 Club
Death To Sams Club
Goku waiting in extremely long gas line.
View Results

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007
An alright dude.
So I'm going to get a membership to Costco since they do delivery, but I can't decide between just the 60 dollar regular or 120 dollar one. I mean I'm not going to use it for travel so I don't really see the point of getting the executive.

I'll save more than 60 bucks on protein shakes and it seems like delivery is free?

Is that right?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

testifeye
Sep 24, 2004

maroon moon

StormDrain posted:

I had a full house system installed and it went great. The salesman pointed out a couple of issues with the original install to be corrected and did a thorough calculation for my system. Install happened on the day we scheduled it and was very clean and well done. I got a Costco shop card, 2% back on the credit card as well, and a rebate from the energy company.

I had another contractor quote it and the Costco contractor was cheaper. The Costco guy was a better salesperson too and spent a long time with the options to help me choose.

I myself do construction management and treated it just like a larger project I normally do and I was very happy with the result.

Awesome! Thanks for the thoughtful response. I'll give them a call.

binge crotching
Apr 2, 2010

Pennywise the Frown posted:

Yeah weren't people out there making onion soup type stuff with all of the condiments?

Costco kimchi, with ketchup and mustard mixed in to a pile of onions.

EPICAC
Mar 23, 2001

Yeah weren't people out there making onion soup type stuff with all of the condiments?

Pre-COVID, I saw someone eating a pile of onions, relish, and ketchup off of a soda lid at the Everett, MA Costco.

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
I also miss the caesar salad at the food court. i used to buy 2-3 of them during the weekend and put them in my office refrigerator for lunches. :sigh:

FCKGW
May 21, 2006

Hollismason posted:

So I'm going to get a membership to Costco since they do delivery, but I can't decide between just the 60 dollar regular or 120 dollar one. I mean I'm not going to use it for travel so I don't really see the point of getting the executive.

I'll save more than 60 bucks on protein shakes and it seems like delivery is free?

Is that right?

Delivery is "free" but their online prices are higher to compensate. For example the Protein Plus shakes on the website are around $9 cheaper in store I think.

Most everything I've ordered from them online has been delivered via UPS.

If you go executive you'll need to spend roughly $3k per year to make the difference worth it.

Smugworth
Apr 18, 2003

binge crotching posted:

:haibrower:

fischtick
Jul 9, 2001

CORGO, THE DESTROYER

Fun Shoe

dphi posted:

Oh hey that's my local Costco :hfive:

Howdy, Oregoon. My Costco is in Beaverton; I think it’s one of the og stores. I hit up the one in Hillsboro every now and then. It’s like going from the Enchanted Forest to Disneyworld.

AHH F/UGH
May 25, 2002

binge crotching posted:

Behold:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JlDYpaqN_1k

Here's an LA Times article about it (paywalled so go incognito)

https://www.latimes.com/world/asia/la-fg-korea-onion-salad-20170919-story.html

Rollos
Aug 11, 2007

Hold on, won't be long

Chinatown posted:

I also miss the caesar salad at the food court. i used to buy 2-3 of them during the weekend and put them in my office refrigerator for lunches. :sigh:
My last trip I was remembering the pretzels they use to serve, they were bomb.

Original_Z
Jun 14, 2005
Z so good
Japanese Costco has removed the sauerkraut from the food court! Their reasoning was something like they can't get enough supply to satisfy demand, what a disappointment!

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...

Original_Z posted:

Japanese Costco has removed the sauerkraut from the food court! Their reasoning was something like they can't get enough supply to satisfy demand, what a disappointment!

those korean immigrants making costco kimchi

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

anyone else's co stop selling the aussie GOAT soap?

I like this stuff and only checked one location but i'll be sad if it's gone for good

Bibliotechno Music
Dec 30, 2008

Hollismason posted:

Is that right?

Honestly for my DINK household, the executive is actually worth it. We always get something like 65-75 dollars back even though Costco isn’t the *only* place we shop, so it’s (just barely) enough to justify the more expensive membership. YMMV of course.

Remulak
Jun 8, 2001
I can't count to four.
Yams Fan
I just want the goddamn combo pizza back. Pepperoni and cheese are both so greasy and boring.

StormDrain
May 22, 2003

Thirteen Letter

testifeye posted:

Awesome! Thanks for the thoughtful response. I'll give them a call.

What I didn't think of until now is keep in mind it's a third party contractor. In Denver it was Cooper Plumbing and Heating that took care of me. He told me a lot of their business is Costco leads. Not sure if it's good or bad.

He kind of gave a little away too when he asked if he was going to use my Costco card, so I quickly upped my limit and he says "that's why I love Costco shoppers, they got the money!"

I was glad I got competing quotes.

NewFatMike
Jun 11, 2015

Hollismason posted:

Is that right?

IIRC if you don’t spend enough for the 2% rebate, they just send you $60 to cover the difference. It owns.

Chinatown posted:

My deli section has Caesar salads, have you checked there?

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe

NewFatMike posted:

My deli section has Caesar salads, have you checked there?

yeah but its not a single serving. i do buy that sometimes though.

Rollos
Aug 11, 2007

Hold on, won't be long

Alan Smithee posted:

I like this stuff and only checked one location but i'll be sad if it's gone for good
An important thing to note with stuff like this is to always check the price tag. If it has an asterisk it means the product won't be restocked.

Nfcknblvbl
Jul 15, 2002

Rollos posted:

An important thing to note with stuff like this is to always check the price tag. If it has an asterisk it means the product won't be restocked.

If the price ends with 97 cents that's a sign it could be on the way out too.

Spinz
Jan 7, 2020

I ordered luscious new gemstones from India and made new earrings for my SA mart thread

Remember my earrings and art are much better than my posting

New stuff starts towards end of page 3 of the thread

Nfcknblvbl posted:

If the price ends with 97 cents that's a sign it could be on the way out too.

I stroll the aisles head swiveling to and fro like the terminator scanning for 97s every trip

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

eVeN I KnOw wHaT CoRnEr gAs iS
costco auto is not helping me try to price match tires, how dare they be "out of stock" on what seems to be the most popular tire in its class. no possible explanation, clearly :v:

i'll just have to buy even more stuff in the store to make myself feel better. time for snack therapy!

Zeluth
May 12, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Silent Auto with betteries.

Ohtori Akio
Jul 15, 2022
you're speaking to an executive member

Seth Pecksniff
May 27, 2004

can't believe shrek is fucking dead. rip to a real one.

fischtick posted:

Howdy, Oregoon. My Costco is in Beaverton; I think it’s one of the og stores. I hit up the one in Hillsboro every now and then. It’s like going from the Enchanted Forest to Disneyworld.

I used to live basically next door to the Hillsboro one and my Saturday morning breakfast was always samples

Also polish dogs (rip)

Pitre
Jul 29, 2003

After nearly 3 years now? I finally missed having a hot dog bad enough that yesterday I brought my own deli mustard from home and hosed that weiner down in front of jealous onlookers who had to suffer with plain yellow mustard. I finally won at life. I can die happy now.

Lil Swamp Booger Baby
Aug 1, 1981

drat I could suck down a dog wit some celery salt, sauerkraut and pickles rn shawty

Lil Swamp Booger Baby
Aug 1, 1981

Correction, banana peppers instead of pickles mmm....

Barry
Aug 1, 2003

Hardened Criminal

Pitre posted:

After nearly 3 years now? I finally missed having a hot dog bad enough that yesterday I brought my own deli mustard from home and hosed that weiner down in front of jealous onlookers who had to suffer with plain yellow mustard. I finally won at life. I can die happy now.

You should compare notes with the poster from the other thread that would bring tupperware purse onions to the Co with them

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007
An alright dude.

FCKGW posted:

Delivery is "free" but their online prices are higher to compensate. For example the Protein Plus shakes on the website are around $9 cheaper in store I think.

Most everything I've ordered from them online has been delivered via UPS.

If you go executive you'll need to spend roughly $3k per year to make the difference worth it.

Thanks, I'll probably just go with the base membership then because I'm not going to spend 3K a year.

Good to know its that much cheaper in the stores because maybe I can get a ride to one of the stores.

Enos Cabell
Nov 3, 2004

Hollismason posted:

I'm not going to spend 3K a year.

famous last words

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

is there a good place to check what's the current "sell your soul for this costco swag"

AHH F/UGH
May 25, 2002

fischtick posted:

It’s like going from the Enchanted Forest to Disneyworld.

To be fair, almost anything looks like Disneyworld compared to Enchanted Forest

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

fischtick posted:

is this place cool or not I can't tell

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.

Too lazy to make breakfast. Just munchin on that Kirkland roasted seaweed instead

fischtick
Jul 9, 2001

CORGO, THE DESTROYER

Fun Shoe

Alan Smithee posted:

is this place cool or not I can't tell

A friend of mine who grew up here told me Enchanted Forest is awesome at two points in life: when you’re 8, and when you’re 18 (and on shrooms).

My kid has fond memories of the place, but it really is focused towards the younger crowd. I have a couple more years before she gives it a go on Kirkland signature shrooms.

sexy tiger boobs
Aug 23, 2002

Up shit creek with a turd for a paddle.

DeadFatDuckFat posted:

Too lazy to make breakfast. Just munchin on that Kirkland roasted seaweed instead

It's way too expensive if it's not on sale but the puffed rice & seaweed combo snack called bugak, I think, is tasty as gently caress. Tore through that bag we got last time.

Delpino
May 12, 2001
Forum Veteran

Hypnolobster posted:

New thread, can't let that stand without doing The Thing again.

Yes I drove 20 minutes to costco to do this today.
Looks like a Friday night baby!
https://imgur.com/gallery/peqAvm3

Jingleheimer
Mar 30, 2006

Rollos posted:

This is true like 85% of the time but there are rare times where an item has an asterisk on the sign but it doesn't go away forever or at all. Here are a couple examples:

Seasonal items will go away and have the asterisk on the sign, but when the season comes back around the item gets brought back. A good example of this right now is soup. Soup items that they got rid of months ago are starting to trickle back in to my Costco as fall approaches.

And sometimes they get rid of an item but replace it with almost the exact same thing. So if you see the asterisk on the sign of your favorite item that Costco always has like cereal or granola bars or something, they might just be getting rid of that specific item number and replacing it with the same exact thing but a different size or count of the item. Like, a 45 count package of granola bars getting replaced with a 48 count package, and because of that, Costco designates the new item with a new item number and a new price. So you'll see the asterisk on the old one because technically they will no longer be carrying that specific item, but they won't tell you "don't worry, we're just replacing it with a bigger package so it won't really be going away".

Also, due to the supply chain being so messed up right now, sometimes they'll get rid of an item but will still have it on order from ages ago. Sometimes the 'deleted' item actually does get restocked, and sometimes it doesn't.

One more thing. Different Costcos sometimes carry different items, even if they are very close to each other. So if one store gets rid of an item you like, check other Costcos in the area if there are any. Just because one Costco stopped carrying an item doesn't mean the one 15 miles away from there stopped carrying it as well.

Jingleheimer fucked around with this message at 21:32 on Jul 28, 2022

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chunderbucket
Aug 31, 2006

I had a beer with Stephen Miller once and now I like him.

Hollismason posted:

Thanks, I'll probably just go with the base membership then because I'm not going to spend 3K a year.

Good to know its that much cheaper in the stores because maybe I can get a ride to one of the stores.

I got the executive membership card, then refunded it down to a regular account then next day :twisted: