Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Nelson Mandingo
Mar 27, 2005

I mean. This defense lawyer is obviously bad. Baby's first case trial. But like- what does all this behavior do to win the case exactly? How is this getting him closer to victory by acting completely unprofessional and like the piece of poo poo he represents?

Nelson Mandingo fucked around with this message at 07:00 on Jul 28, 2022

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Megabound
Oct 20, 2012

Nelson Mandingo posted:

I mean. This defense lawyer is obviously bad. Baby's first case trial. But like- what does all this behavior do to win the case exactly? How is this getting him closer to victory by acting completely unprofessional and like the piece of poo poo he represents?

They're not after victory, they want to run the process out. They want a mistrial, and even if it doesn't go to that they'll do everything they can to continue kicking the can down the road for as long as humanly possible.

Pirate Radar
Apr 18, 2008

You're not my Ruthie!
You're not my Debbie!
You're not my Sherry!

Nelson Mandingo posted:

From Jones’s perspective having a lovely lawyer might be good, because if he can later claim that he had incompetent representation he can try to get the damages reduced, or even sue the lawyer and give that money to the plaintiffs instead of his own money.

Nigmaetcetera
Nov 17, 2004

borkborkborkmorkmorkmork-gabbalooins
I predict a fatal atrazine-induced hemorrhagic stroke in the near future.

ILL Machina
Mar 25, 2004

:italy: Glory to Italia! :italy:

Ayy!! This text is-a the color of marinara! Ohhhh!! Dat's amore!!
It also serves to feed the narrative that everyone in the courtroom is out to get them and it's not fair.

Nelson Mandingo
Mar 27, 2005

But this is a court. You have to reasonably present facts. If there is literally video and written evidence of you acting like a jerk like that- I mean. That's challenging your own narrative. Of course people are being less than charitable to you. Because you're being an rear end in a top hat. I can understand wanting to kick the can down the road as long as possible (so Jones can get assets in place so he's not financially ruined) and trying to do whatever you can for a potential mistrial/bias narrative. But they're even loving that part up with not being prepared and being obtuse jerks about it.

At the end of the day it's pretty clear Jones is hosed. He's going to pay a tremendous amount of money to these families. There is nothing that can stop that now. Just delay it.

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

After a Speaker vote, you may be entitled to a valuable coupon or voucher!

Yeah this all seems like it's just performance, whether for the furtherance of the grift, to satisfy the howling demons in his head, or both. I would hazard a guess that some of the point is to stay aggrieved and angry.

Strategic Tea
Sep 1, 2012

Lmao at expecting justice from a civil court except by accident.

It should be criminal harassment from the moment any judge establishes he bothered the families regardless of procedural timewasteing.

Herbicidal Maniac
Jun 3, 2008

You will be the effigy I burn, infused with all the traits that make them the detestable little goblins they are.

Dang, I missed the second half after the break. Sad that I missed Daria actually speaking and hearing rhnjudge rip into the defense. That Law & Crime channel audio seems jacked up in part 2, is anyone else experiencing that?

Nelson Mandingo
Mar 27, 2005

Herbicidal Maniac posted:

Dang, I missed the second half after the break. Sad that I missed Daria actually speaking and hearing rhnjudge rip into the defense. That Law & Crime channel audio seems jacked up in part 2, is anyone else experiencing that?

There you go. Part 1 and Part 2 of today.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HMG9FijZ3NI

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rRsHushXiXQ

teen witch
Oct 9, 2012
Hot drat, much better quality than the livestream. Are they streaming it live as well or nah?

I’ll be adding them to the OP, thanks so much!

E: if anyone else has anything you feel should go into the OP, let us know

Even if it’s an edit of the Daria TV show logo with Daria Karpova’s face.

teen witch fucked around with this message at 08:21 on Jul 28, 2022

Confusedslight
Jan 9, 2020
Much better visual quality but the audios not the greatest. Better than nothing I suppose!
Edit: Thanks for the links!

Nelson Mandingo
Mar 27, 2005

Yeah it seems they're actually filming it because they're getting angles I didn't see in the official livestream.

Potentially something to add from the same channel. I don't think they had day 1 for the most part. Your choice.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ptP2FbsYDDc <- Plaintiff opening statements.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jxD2XSZfrlE <- Alex Jones Defense Attorney opening statements. (Which I believe the judge ended up throwing out because it wasn't factual lol)

Nelson Mandingo fucked around with this message at 08:52 on Jul 28, 2022

Herbicidal Maniac
Jun 3, 2008

You will be the effigy I burn, infused with all the traits that make them the detestable little goblins they are.

Is part 2's audio not jacked up for you? It sounds like something caught in the spokes of a bike or something.

Nelson Mandingo
Mar 27, 2005

Herbicidal Maniac posted:

Is part 2's audio not jacked up for you? It sounds like something caught in the spokes of a bike or something.

Yeah. Missed that. It's bad audio until 46~ minutes.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pKb-ySKkN5Q

Here is a not bad audio version?

Nelson Mandingo fucked around with this message at 08:59 on Jul 28, 2022

Megabound
Oct 20, 2012

Audio comes good at about 46 minutes, hopefully it's something they can fix for the prior part but at least it's not the whole vid

AHH F/UGH
May 25, 2002

The plaintiff's lawyer got me thinking that not all lawyers are bad, this guy owns

wtf

Megabound
Oct 20, 2012

AHH F/UGH posted:

The plaintiff's lawyer got me thinking that not all lawyers are bad, this guy owns

wtf

If you want more of him he's done interviews with the boys at the Knowledge Fight podcast, and they've done episodes covering the deposition of several Info Wars employees which are interesting and elucidating.

The formulaic objections episodes are deposition coverage, with clips from the depositions themselves: https://knowledgefight.libsyn.com/size/25/?search=Formulaic

Megabound
Oct 20, 2012

It's an interesting relationship too, the host of the podcast, Dan Friezen, is providing expert information to the plaintiff side, and was actually in the room for some of the depositions. He is the foremost expert on Alex Jones after doing a tri weekly podcast on him for something like 7 years. You can see him in the spectator seats at the end of part 1 of today's trial vid.

Nelson Mandingo
Mar 27, 2005

AHH F/UGH posted:

The plaintiff's lawyer got me thinking that not all lawyers are bad,

Lets not get ahead of ourselves.

teen witch
Oct 9, 2012

AHH F/UGH posted:

wtf

What’s hilarious is that Mark Bankston is the nice lawyer

Herbicidal Maniac
Jun 3, 2008

Megabound posted:

Audio comes good at about 46 minutes, hopefully it's something they can fix for the prior part but at least it's not the whole vid

Ah cool thanks. I only skipped to about 25 mins to check.

Also just watched the Mark's opening statements and holy poo poo the way he phrased the damages makes $150 mil sound reasonable. $1 for each person who was influenced by the conspiracy and that same amount for the medical impact it had on the family.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

Stolkin posted:

Up here, during a questioning on an affidavit (which is, I think, the equivalent of these depositions), if a deponent does not know the answer to a question, we usually ask for an undertaking to provide the information later in a written response. Do you folks down there not do that? Because I hear a lot of non-responsive answers without a demand for a real answer.

There are definitely ways to get written answers under oath, and they used some of those at trial the past two days as well. They’re typically called interrogatories or requests for admission, but they are normally part of standard discovery. They aren’t just part of a deposition.

Further, even if they had submitted written questions in advance of the depositions, the Jones team would have still stonewalled because that’s their strategy.

Megabound
Oct 20, 2012

Nelson Mandingo posted:

Yeah. Missed that. It's bad audio until 46~ minutes.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pKb-ySKkN5Q

Here is a not bad audio version?

Unfortunately that's the start of part 1, not part 2

teen witch
Oct 9, 2012
I believe it’s 30 min to uh…something or other folks.

In the interim

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b34UOPERE7k

mojo1701a
Oct 9, 2008

Oh, yeah. Loud and clear. Emphasis on LOUD!
~ David Lee Roth

Mr. Nice! posted:

Further, even if they had submitted written questions in advance of the depositions, the Jones team would have still stonewalled because that’s their strategy.

As I recall, the corporations as witnesses were given a list of topics that were going to be covered (don't know if they got specific questions, but I assume additional details were asked) and none of the corporate witnesses knew anything about what was asked.

That's why they kept having to ask Rob Dew, "Do you personally not know, or does the corporation not know?" when Dew kept answering that he doesn't know.

A corporation legitimately not knowing something is one thing, because records can be lost, informal poo poo, etc., but none of them did any research at all.

I assume part of that led to the summary judgment, but I don't know as I only recently started listening to this. I'm not a long-time listener/first-time caller.

mojo1701a
Oct 9, 2008

Oh, yeah. Loud and clear. Emphasis on LOUD!
~ David Lee Roth

Nelson Mandingo posted:

Also, underneath:

https://twitter.com/K0stroun/status/1552646343616782336?s=20&t=besiRE9J7ZTpTI5W_nC_Sg

Woooooooow, I wonder if there's going to be some fallout from this. An absolute shitshow.

Edit:

mojo1701a fucked around with this message at 14:53 on Jul 28, 2022

teen witch
Oct 9, 2012
We are live

https://youtu.be/9zdICB2Hhto

Lambo Trillrissian
May 18, 2007
Today's stream is up

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9zdICB2Hhto

e:fb

teen witch
Oct 9, 2012
And we got Alex!

Trillhouse
Dec 31, 2000

i like the stenographers star shirt.

Devor
Nov 30, 2004
Lurking more.
We're almost certain to have some spicy judge chat before the jury is brought in after that kerfuffle yesterday afternoon

Trillhouse
Dec 31, 2000

"your honor may I address the court"
"nope"

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

I forgot to post my food for USPOL Thanksgiving but that's okay too!

Fallen Rib
Hahaha "Your honor may I address the court?" "No"

AHH F/UGH
May 25, 2002

Shut the discord streams down!!!

SuperMechagodzilla
Jun 9, 2007

NEWT REBORN

mojo1701a posted:

Also, underneath:

https://twitter.com/K0stroun/status/1552646343616782336?s=20&t=besiRE9J7ZTpTI5W_nC_Sg

Woooooooow, I wonder if there's going to be some fallout from this. An absolute shitshow.

You can catch Reynal's agressive behaviour in the last couple minutes of the Day Two, Part Two recording.

Trillhouse
Dec 31, 2000

judge asks Alex Jones if he's chewing gum. he says he isn't. she said it looked like he was chewing.

"hmm, then why is he chewing" i ask myself.

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer
Chewing his tongue because the pills are wearing off.

Trillhouse
Dec 31, 2000

either that or chili.

(i assume he's grinding his teeth because he's on amphetamines.)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Piell
Sep 3, 2006

Grey Worm's Ken doll-like groin throbbed with the anticipatory pleasure that only a slightly warm and moist piece of lemoncake could offer

Young Orc
Judge not impressed with Alex's lawyer's poo poo