Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Digital Jedi
May 28, 2007

Fallen Rib

BigglesSWE posted:

If you ever doubted the hard work Knowledge Fight goes through for us....

Gotta up my Patreon to them

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rampant Dwickery
Nov 12, 2011

Comfy and cozy.

Scam Likely posted:

It's painful to listen to uncut Infowars without the Knowledge Fight boys calling out the bullshit. I can hear their voices interjecting in my mind as this plays. Oh god, do I have the voices in my head?

Good thing Jordan's there to scream at you via Tweet.

https://mobile.twitter.com/gotobedjordan/status/1552683346588622849

BigglesSWE
Dec 2, 2014

How 'bout them hawks news huh!
So are they gonna argue that Alex couldn't have harassed the parents due to him not singling them out specifically on the day of Sandy Hook?

SamDabbers
May 26, 2003

Man, this is painful. Mark should object that this is needlessly cruel to the jury.

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

I forgot to post my food for USPOL Thanksgiving but that's okay too!

Fallen Rib
Please change my name to Nihilistic Liberal

Digital Jedi
May 28, 2007

Fallen Rib
IT"S OVER!!!!!!!!!!!!!

edit: Judge "It's fine"

KitConstantine
Jan 11, 2013

FREEDOM THANK gently caress THATS OVER*

*for now

SamDabbers
May 26, 2003

Ms. Karpova, what the hell was even that?

Digital Jedi
May 28, 2007

Fallen Rib
Alex is anti-war. Very good to know in this case cause....

Saltpowered
Apr 12, 2010

Chief Executive Officer
Awful Industries, LLC
Wait, are they really trying to give more detail to the conspiracy theories as a defense???

Like are they trying to say that Alex legitimately believed there was a government conspiracy (and wink wink, jurors, maybe there was) so they should take it easy on him?

Jesus Christ these people are stupid.

Grand Fromage
Jan 30, 2006

L-l-look at you bar-bartender, a-a pa-pathetic creature of meat and bone, un-underestimating my l-l-liver's ability to metab-meTABolize t-toxins. How can you p-poison a perfect, immortal alcohOLIC?

Seth Pecksniff posted:

Maritime law would also be interesting to me

Pursuing sovereign citizens all day every day

mojo1701a
Oct 9, 2008

Oh, yeah. Loud and clear. Emphasis on LOUD!
~ David Lee Roth

Lawlicaust posted:

Wait, are they really trying to give more detail to the conspiracy theories as a defense???

Like are they trying to say that Alex legitimately believed there was a government conspiracy (and wink wink maybe there was) so they should take it easy on him?

And yet they haven't explained what a Prozac-head is.

Grand Fromage
Jan 30, 2006

L-l-look at you bar-bartender, a-a pa-pathetic creature of meat and bone, un-underestimating my l-l-liver's ability to metab-meTABolize t-toxins. How can you p-poison a perfect, immortal alcohOLIC?

mojo1701a posted:

"The CIA created video games to make people into killers" is one I feel like I should've heard before, but haven't until now.

The 90s were a wild time

Edmund Sparkler
Jul 4, 2003
For twelve years, you have been asking: Who is John Galt? This is John Galt speaking. I am the man who loves his life. I am the man who does not sacrifice his love or his values. I am the man who has deprived you of victims and thus has destroyed your world, and if you wish to know why you are peris

KitConstantine
Jan 11, 2013

Daria would barely admit to knowing who Rob Dew (sp?) was yesterday. Now she can rattle off his history.

gently caress you lady

Fucking Moron
Jan 9, 2009

Seth Pecksniff posted:

i have not done anything that bad in life to deserve to listen to infowars

this is hell

You gave me a (well deserved) probation once. Karma!

All joking aside I still can't believe Alex thinks he is just and the good guy here. The cool side to this, as other people posted previously, is getting to see how this entire process works.

Saltpowered
Apr 12, 2010

Chief Executive Officer
Awful Industries, LLC

mojo1701a posted:

And yet they haven't explained what a Prozac-head is.

Oh they did, that was one of the definitions they had Daria do before the video clip.

Seth Pecksniff
May 27, 2004

can't believe shrek is fucking dead. rip to a real one.

loving Moron posted:

You gave me a (well deserved) probation once. Karma!

All joking aside I still can't believe Alex thinks he is just and the good guy here. The cool side to this, as other people posted previously, is getting to see how this entire process works.

and I'll do it again :kheldragar:

Fucking Moron
Jan 9, 2009

Seth Pecksniff posted:

and I'll do it again :kheldragar:

Don't hurt the ones you love.

I am pretty loving stupid but after seeing this attorney I think I could become one.

Scam Likely
Feb 19, 2021

They're literally going for a "Red pill the jury" defense. Mother of God...

mojo1701a
Oct 9, 2008

~ David Lee Roth

KitConstantine posted:

Daria would barely admit to knowing who Rob Dew (sp?) was yesterday. Now she can rattle off his history.

gently caress you lady

Holy poo poo yeah. I hope the jury remembers this.

KitConstantine
Jan 11, 2013

mojo1701a posted:

Holy poo poo yeah. I hope the jury remembers this.

It is genuinely pissing me off how much her memory has 'improved' now that the defense is doing the questioning.

It's infuriating.

Deptfordx
Dec 23, 2013

Strap yourself in Judge and Jury, it's time to meet Stevie P. :psyduck:

mojo1701a
Oct 9, 2008

~ David Lee Roth

KitConstantine posted:

It is genuinely pissing me off how much her memory has 'improved' now that the defense is doing the questioning.

It's infuriating.

I don't blame you. It's a complete 180.

Tree Dude
May 26, 2012

AND MY SONG IS...
Steve... Peechenick?

Herbicidal Maniac
Jun 3, 2008

You will be the effigy I burn, infused with all the traits that make them the detestable little goblins they are.

Oh my God they're going to try and shift blame onto all of the other people like Ron Dew, and say Alex was just influenced or tricked. I'm calling it now.

ryde
Sep 9, 2011

God I love young girls
obviously they're trying to go with "lots of people were talking about this its not Alex's fault" but I think they're doing a bad job of it.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.

Herbicidal Maniac posted:

Oh my God they're going to try and shift blame onto all of the other people like Ron Dew, and say Alex was just influenced or tricked. I'm calling it now.

They can't really shift blame for the defamation. They're trying to shift blame for the emotional distress.

Troubadour
Mar 1, 2001
Forum Veteran

Tree Dude posted:

Steve... Peechenick?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Steve_Pieczenik (if you're genuinely confused and not reacting to the live feed or whatever)

Edit: Also https://knowledgefight.libsyn.com/knowledge-fight-all-about-steve is an awesome intro to that absolute bastard

Digital Jedi
May 28, 2007

Fallen Rib
17 minute clip incoming!!!!!!!!!!!!

BigglesSWE
Dec 2, 2014

17 minute broadcast. Yipers.

KitConstantine
Jan 11, 2013

Fuckin hell

Grand Fromage
Jan 30, 2006

Your honor, I would like to show the entire extended Lord of the Rings trilogy

Tree Dude
May 26, 2012

AND MY SONG IS...

Troubadour posted:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Steve_Pieczenik (if you're genuinely confused and not reacting to the live feed or whatever)

Yeah sorry I was just reacting to the way Defense said it.

Digital Jedi
May 28, 2007

Fallen Rib
Just going to say gently caress Rham Emanuel

teen witch
Oct 9, 2012
Me: ugh loving uncut infowars ok guess it’s time to make dinner

[Comes back]

AND NOW A SEVENTEEN MINUTE CLIP

WHY

WHY WAS THIS ALLOWED

Herbicidal Maniac
Jun 3, 2008

You will be the effigy I burn, infused with all the traits that make them the detestable little goblins they are.

Mr. Nice! posted:

They can't really shift blame for the defamation. They're trying to shift blame for the emotional distress.

Anything to get Alex out of the spotlight, that's for sure.

Also what just happened with the video?

BigglesSWE
Dec 2, 2014

Grand Fromage posted:

Your honor, I would like to show the entire extended Lord of the Rings trilogy

Your honour I would like to show the Bee movie but every time they say bee I will slow it down.

Tree Dude
May 26, 2012

AND MY SONG IS...
They're waiting for somebody to get back. A juror?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SamDabbers
May 26, 2003

A juror had to go to the restroom?