Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ChickenWing
Jul 22, 2010

:v:

Maneck posted:

Yeah. It is hard to comprehend how addled someone would have to be to get upset with Chickenwing.

It's not that hard you just either have to be a client of mine or my wife :rimshot:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh

Maneck posted:

Yeah. It is hard to comprehend how addled someone would have to be to get upset with Chickenwing.

I literally never posted about chickenwing in my life.

Dalael
Oct 14, 2014
Hello. Yep, I still think Atlantis is Bolivia, yep, I'm still a giant idiot, yep, I'm still a huge racist. Some things never change!

learnincurve posted:

I literally never posted about chickenwing in my life.

This was a reference to Mandozer's post earlier.

1001 Arabian dicks
Sep 16, 2013

EVE ONLINE IS MY ENTIRE PERSONALITY BECAUSE IM A FRIENDLESS SEMILITERATE LOSER WHO WILL PEDANTICALLY DEMAND PROOF FOR BASIC THINGS LIKE GRAVITY OR THE EXISTENCE OF SELF. ASK ME ABOUT CHEATING AT TARKOV BECAUSE, WELL, SEE ABOVE

just lol

Mederlock
Jun 23, 2012

You won't recognize Canada when I'm through with it
Grimey Drawer

Dalmuti posted:

chili better have beans in it

It's also better with umami bombs like marmite, worcestershire, and straight high test MSG

feedmegin
Jul 30, 2008

Not An Arsonist posted:

What if we reboot a new good thread but don't tell the bad posters and leave them here to slapfight?

I mean THIS thread is like a week old reboot. Why is doing it again going to go better?

Potato Salad
Oct 23, 2014

nobody cares

Mederlock posted:

It's also better with umami bombs like marmite, worcestershire, and straight high test MSG

Now, this is how you make chili :haibrow:

Feliday Melody
May 8, 2021

With every new thread. The amok recruitment posts only get closer to the OP :argh:

Rust Martialis
May 8, 2007

At night, Bavovnyatko quietly comes to the occupiers’ bases, depots, airfields, oil refineries and other places full of flammable items and starts playing with fire there

Potato Salad posted:

You know drat well that we weren’t calling everyone in GSF pedophiles.

No, no, quite. You in fact called them merely

Potato Salad posted:

PEDOPHILE SHELTERING WOUNDED-BIRD-AMBER-HEARD-BITCH-SHOOTING QUEERBASHERS IGNORING SEXUAL HARASSMENT

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

CainFortea
Oct 15, 2004

FruitNYogurtParfait posted:

also the only people you can level possible accusations of grooming in goonswarm were xenuria and mittani afaik

Well, at least at this moment. Tomorrow can always bring a new fresh hell.

Potato Salad posted:

Now, this is how you make chili :haibrow:

Putting marmite in chili is worse than boiling ribs.

Potato Salad
Oct 23, 2014

nobody cares

Rust Martialis posted:

That's a string of Mittani quotes. The Mittani is one of the people directly and specifically implicated in sheltering a pedophile.

Further, that's a string of quotes where The Mittani was attacking sexual abuse victims and repeatedly pinging "actually this is Delta finding a fig leaf for goonfucking rather than about sexual abuse per se." Those quotes came back up during a period of time when a significant number of GSF posters were defending that specific outburst of chauvinism on GF.com and on Reddit.

You need to think this kind of thing through before you find a quote and think to yourself that you've found a silver bullet. It's funny--usually these days it's chuds going all, "no you've taken that out of context!!" but in this unicorn instance, I get to tell you that you've gone and taken a comment about chauvinistic posting on GF.com out of its obvious context and pretended that it was about pedophilia.

Nobody has panned all of GSF as pedos.

Waiting 10 minutes to shut someone's extremely tedious nonsense down is painful.

If mods are upset about bullshit itt creating a ton of reports, I propose to you a source of the trouble: people constantly driving by and transparently trying to rewrite recent history like Lowtax's worst defenders.

Potato Salad fucked around with this message at 17:55 on Jul 29, 2022

Mr. Grinch
Jul 2, 2007

They say that the Grinch's small heart grew three sizes that day.

Rust Martialis posted:

you realize anyone can follow your quote back to the post and see the context that you removed right?
gently caress off with this bad faith bullshit

Cenodoxus
Mar 29, 2012

while [[ true ]] ; do
    pour()
done

Every time I touch anything industry-adjacent in this game I think "drat, why isn't there an app for this" and then I black out and wake up four hours later staring at a new project in VSCode reevaluating my life choices

Today's is PI

ShaneMacGowansTeeth
May 22, 2007

I think this is it... I think this is how it ends

Cenodoxus posted:

Every time I touch anything industry-adjacent in this game I think "drat, why isn't there an app for this" and then I black out and wake up four hours later staring at a new project in VSCode reevaluating my life choices

Today's is PI

I had five characters doing six planets before I left Delve, but once you've got a setup going it's just a case of running out to collect your goods. Of course, if *things* hadn't happened, I'd be running six planets on eight characters to provide all of the required PI for dreads, carriers and faxes :negative:

NtotheTC
Dec 31, 2007

Feliday Melody posted:

With every new thread. The amok recruitment posts only get closer to the OP :argh:

amok still has several notable members who are toxic as poo poo in it, correct? Have you voiced any concern to people about that or are you turning a blind eye to it? A few posts ago you were shedding crocodile tears over "Groomswarm" and now you're back trying to acively recruit into an org like amok. Give it a rest, please.

Dalmuti
Apr 8, 2007
They are just waiting for calanthe to take over as waffe ceo to boot mittens out.

Feliday Melody
May 8, 2021

NtotheTC posted:

amok still has several notable members who are toxic as poo poo in it, correct? Have you voiced any concern to people about that or are you turning a blind eye to it? A few posts ago you were shedding crocodile tears over "Groomswarm" and now you're back trying to acively recruit into an org like amok. Give it a rest, please.

PM me some examples, and I'll look in to it.

I hope it isn't that Isabelle quote again.

Mederlock
Jun 23, 2012

You won't recognize Canada when I'm through with it
Grimey Drawer

CainFortea posted:

Well, at least at this moment. Tomorrow can always bring a new fresh hell.

If there's one thing we learnt from the last thread.... it's that there's always a bigger skeleton waiting to tumble out of the closet

CainFortea posted:

Putting marmite in chili is worse than boiling ribs.

Like this hot take

NtotheTC
Dec 31, 2007

Feliday Melody posted:

PM me some examples, and I'll look in to it.

I hope it isn't that Isabelle quote again.

I don't want you to PM me things I want you to say here what has happened with Rydis and Isabelle and why anyone should join amok

"oh don't bring up the ONE time she called black lives matter a terrorist organisation again" is a daft response.

BigPaddy
Jun 30, 2008

That night we performed the rite and opened the gate.
Halfway through, I went to fix us both a coke float.
By the time I got back, he'd gone insane.
Plus, he'd left the gate open and there was evil everywhere.

Chili chat is good also

Potato Salad
Oct 23, 2014

nobody cares

NtotheTC posted:

I don't want you to PM me things I want you to say here what has happened with Rydis and Isabelle and why anyone should join amok

"oh don't bring up the ONE time she called black lives matter a terrorist organisation again" is a daft response.

To be fair, it's not like all that many goons--other than maybe a sincere Trump toxx thread poster--would aim for Amok. once they see that screenshot.

There's plenty of warning signs planted around the spent fuel repository and tomb that is EvE Online.

Feliday Melody
May 8, 2021

NtotheTC posted:

That was last year, and she hasn't been a member of Amok for 5 years.

NtotheTC posted:

I've never met Rydis or ever seen her anywhere around in game or our services. I'm not even sure who she is.

DARPA
Apr 24, 2005
We know what happens to people who stay in the middle of the road. They get run over.

Potato Salad posted:

You know drat well that we weren’t calling everyone in GSF pedophiles. You know drat well. Shame on you for trying to pull this. You know better.

Potato Salad posted:

Nobody has panned all of GSF as pedos.
It was you.

Potato Salad posted:

Regardless of whether you agree with me or not, remaining in GSF past this point is a conscious decision. At minimum, it's a demonstration of apathy or willingness to mentally "find the block button" for everything that has come forward. At worst, it's a statement of approval or solidarity with pedophilia or unrestrained religious extremism.

The only way to reconcile these posts is that you don't know what solidarity means.

Vando
Oct 26, 2007

stoats about
Do you not know how to read the words "at minimum" and "at worst" or...?

NtotheTC
Dec 31, 2007

Also, Groomswarm was directed at Imperium under Mittani and the people who enabled and/or did nothing to admonish his behaviour. A lot of those people are still in leadership roles and to my knowledge no-one has stepped out to say "Mittani's grooming behaviour was not acceptable" so I don't see why it's an unfair nickname for the org. If you, the linemember are upset by your leaderships stance on grooming then I highly recommend taking it up with them or leaving. Not doing either of those things is tacit approval.

"Grooming is bad, people who did/do it are bad and not welcome" <- a PR statement that is free for Imperium leadership to use, if they wish.

Johnny Five-Jaces
Jan 21, 2009

goosefleet is doing some performance art here, where they have interpreted your posting as combat prowess. a challenging, but interesting piece

Potato Salad
Oct 23, 2014

nobody cares

DARPA posted:

It was you.

The only way to reconcile these posts is that you don't know what solidarity means.

Do... you know what "approval or solidarity" is?

And, yeah, it's up to each person to individually determine whether to remain with an institution that has this black mark on its books.

You even quote me on the conscious decision part. You are quoting me on the part that is pointing out that not everybody in GSF is implicated in the pedophilia.

Vando posted:

Do you not know how to read the words "at minimum" and "at worst" or...?

Good point.

vvv Best answer, hands down. Edit: honestly though I don't know if he's strictly The Bad Guy but that's mgs for you :ocelot:

Potato Salad fucked around with this message at 18:23 on Jul 29, 2022

dialhforhero
Apr 3, 2008
Am I 🧑‍🏫 out of touch🤔? No🧐, it's the children👶 who are wrong🤷🏼‍♂️

Potato Salad posted:

Do... you know what solidarity is?

He's the bad guy in MGS2 right?

Potato Salad
Oct 23, 2014

nobody cares

I'm going to cut DARPA's coming bad-faith answer off.

Solidarity is unity and support, period. It's usually used within a group, sometimes across groups with a shared topic of interest.

Solidarity within GSF for those in leadership implicated in sheltering a pedophile would be "unity and support" for those people. In a video game guild and especially an N+1 competitive game, I'll mark down continued alliance membership and in-game tax revenue as "unity and support." Prepare to be laughed out of the room if you want to argue otherwise.

In this way, non-pedophiles can consciously show anything from apathy to solidarity and everything in between. I have regularly and consistently pointed out that this is a sliding scale presently, but as time goes on it will be less plausible to claim apathy.

We can apply this to the topic of the unaddressed transphobic leadership outburst as well as the publicly-apologize, privately-seethe policy regarding chauvinism and sexual harassment. People who haven't screamed "BLM are terrorists!" or "amber heard this wounded bird that" or "I'm a helicopter wololo" can show solidarity for those leaders by providing unity and support in their video game guild, which according to some "institutionalists" is "too important to fail."

Asher is a good egg who called out some of the worst chauvinists voicing their solidarity for The Mittani along these fronts before it was necessarily safe to do so. I'm not overwhelmingly optimistic but he's a good choice.

Thank you for coming to my third grade English class.

Potato Salad fucked around with this message at 18:49 on Jul 29, 2022

Bilirubin
Feb 16, 2014

The sanctioned action is to CHUG

Asher: CHECKBOX COALITION NAOW you know you want to

Potato Salad
Oct 23, 2014

nobody cares

I'm tired of writing words, you're tired of reading them, and honestly the best solution for everyone involved would be if the people who want to rewrite recent history could accept that they will not get away with it here, go to the perfectly serviceable forums and services infrastructure on GF.com that they so vehemently insist are under broad and inflammatory attack, and live the rest of their spacelives in peace.

You can go write your own story. Over that-a-way. There's a lot of pilots who signed up because they want to win space wars but might not feel comfortable about everything that happened. Go lie to them. Give them the comfort they desire.

Potato Salad fucked around with this message at 19:09 on Jul 29, 2022

Kaysette
Jan 5, 2009

~*Boston makes me*~
~*feel good*~

:wrongcity:

DARPA posted:

It was you.

I really don't think this is the dunk you think it is :shrug:

All, please stop digging through your posting pals' posts to sling mud ITT.

Johnny Five-Jaces
Jan 21, 2009

Kaysette posted:

I really don't think this is the dunk you think it is :shrug:

All, please stop digging through your posting pals' posts to sling mud ITT.

this u?

Kaysette posted:

p o o

b u t t

dragonshardz
May 2, 2017

Feliday Melody posted:

gently caress AMOK, join GANDR.

Johnny Five-Jaces posted:

goosefleet is doing some performance art here, where they have interpreted your posting as combat prowess. a challenging, but interesting piece

...what?

dragonshardz fucked around with this message at 19:08 on Jul 29, 2022

Sevorast
Sep 13, 2011

Incoming!

dragonshardz posted:

QFT~

Seriously, I've had more fun in the past week losing a DST jammed full of an Asshut and roadie-running a core into Nest with my Stratios than basically two entire bloc wars.

Goosefleet as an org is new and shiny and tripping over itself a little bit still but the future looks bright. Come flock with us and do something new if you've never touched wibbly wobbly space holes before!

Thank you to everyone who responded to me about this, didn't expect so many people to notice my post among all the heavy stuff going on.

I'm gonna Omega my account this weekend and hop in the discord with you folks.

Sevorast fucked around with this message at 19:07 on Jul 29, 2022

Kaysette
Jan 5, 2009

~*Boston makes me*~
~*feel good*~

:hmmyes:

i stand by every word

Bilirubin
Feb 16, 2014

The sanctioned action is to CHUG

Dalael posted:

Lock thread for a few days because i dont see an end to the non stop slap fights and rehashing of decade old feuds until everyone's had time to process wtf is going on.

This thread's been nothing but name calling, poo poo smearing and accusations of all sort from the get go and is not gonna stop.

*edit* emotions are too raw, rebooting the thread wont solve anything.

weren't you thread banned? Or did that end when the last thread got closed

Johnny Five-Jaces
Jan 21, 2009

im saying his posting is poo poo, OP

Kaysette
Jan 5, 2009

~*Boston makes me*~
~*feel good*~

Bilirubin posted:

weren't you thread banned? Or did that end when the last thread got closed

I never formally said it but that's kid of what I figured.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Warmachine
Jan 30, 2012

Johnny Five-Jaces posted:

im saying his posting is poo poo, OP

But we're talking about mud slinging not poo poo slinging. :confused: