Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Digital Jedi
May 28, 2007

Fallen Rib
Buckley was Alex's manager?! What?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Elderbean
Jun 10, 2013

Lmao at “I don’t know.” when asked if he’d verify something as a journalist.

ryde
Sep 9, 2011

God I love young girls
I'm just learning about all of these details now, and finding out about the InfoWars Cinematic Universe has been a trip.

mojo1701a
Oct 9, 2008

Oh, yeah. Loud and clear. Emphasis on LOUD!
~ David Lee Roth

"I see you brought notes..." and my first thought was whether or not that's another Wikipedia print-out.

Tree Dude
May 26, 2012

AND MY SONG IS...
oh man. I know we can't just sit here and watch the entire Kit Daniels depo but there are some real fireworks in there. Definitely recommend that KF episode linked earlier.

mojo1701a
Oct 9, 2008

~ David Lee Roth

"OK, we get it, you're actually qualified!" - Daria, probably.

Devor
Nov 30, 2004
Lurking more.

mojo1701a posted:

"I see you brought notes..." and my first thought was whether or not that's another Wikipedia print-out.

... ma'am this is the Wikipedia entry for "chili" in comic sans

Deptfordx
Dec 23, 2013

An expert, intelligent, verbally dextrous, and a Woman.

Gonna be real fun to see the defence cross-examine her.

Of course there's a non-zero chance they'll be so intimidated by a capable woman they'll just look at their shoes and mumble "No questions".

Xiahou Dun
Jul 16, 2009

We shall dive down through black abysses... and in that lair of the Deep Ones we shall dwell amidst wonder and glory forever.

ryde posted:

I'm just learning about all of these details now, and finding out about the InfoWars Cinematic Universe has been a trip.

ONE OF US ONE OF US GOOBLE GOBBLE GOOBLE GOBBLE

Tree Dude
May 26, 2012

AND MY SONG IS...
I am now shipping Mark Bankston and this expert witness.

SilvergunSuperman
Aug 7, 2010

Thread needs more family chili recipes imo

Xiahou Dun
Jul 16, 2009

We shall dive down through black abysses... and in that lair of the Deep Ones we shall dwell amidst wonder and glory forever.

Tree Dude posted:

I am now shipping Mark Bankston and this expert witness.

Hey now.

Don't be taking away my future spouse.

mojo1701a
Oct 9, 2008

~ David Lee Roth

"Impossible to research disinformation and not run into InfoWars" :laffo:

ILL Machina
Mar 25, 2004

:italy: Glory to Italia! :italy:

Ayy!! This text is-a the color of marinara! Ohhhh!! Dat's amore!!

Xiahou Dun posted:

ONE OF US ONE OF US GOOBLE GOBBLE GOOBLE GOBBLE

join us join us

on the discord

ILL Machina fucked around with this message at 21:31 on Jul 29, 2022

SpaceViking
Sep 2, 2011

Who put the stars in the sky? Coyote will say he did it himself, and it is not a lie.
Lmao Bankston just knows where the rule on Hearsay is, waiting on that motherfucker to try it.

Pyrtanis
Jun 30, 2007

The ghosts of our glories are gray-bearded guides
Fun Shoe
I'm sick and reading this thread has been a comfort, totally screenshotted those chili recipes for later. I take it the feisty judge hasn't called AJ to task for his impromptu stepping out streaming or the two (?) witnesses for discussing the case outside of the courtroom?

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

Piell posted:

As far as I can tell the punitive damages cap is only for specific types of cases (mostly medical malpractice) and doesn't apply here

Edit: From here (and a bunch of other places I saw trying to figure out all mentioned in in terms of personal injury/medical malpractice as well)

I saw that website yesterday, but I could not find that in the actual statute. The texas code on the matter states:

quote:

Sec. 41.002. APPLICABILITY. (a) This chapter applies to any action in which a claimant seeks damages relating to a cause of action.

The cap is explained here:

quote:

Sec. 41.008. LIMITATION ON AMOUNT OF RECOVERY. (a) In an action in which a claimant seeks recovery of damages, the trier of fact shall determine the amount of economic damages separately from the amount of other compensatory damages.
(b) Exemplary damages awarded against a defendant may not exceed an amount equal to the greater of:
(1)(A) two times the amount of economic damages; plus
(B) an amount equal to any noneconomic damages found by the jury, not to exceed $750,000; or
(2) $200,000.

So you get 2x economic damages and between $200k-750k in non-economic punitive damages.

Non-economic damages are defined aa

quote:

(12) "Noneconomic damages" means damages awarded for the purpose of compensating a claimant for physical pain and suffering, mental or emotional pain or anguish, loss of consortium, disfigurement, physical impairment, loss of companionship and society, inconvenience, loss of enjoyment of life, injury to reputation, and all other nonpecuniary losses of any kind other than exemplary damages.

The damages sought in this case are injury to reputation and emotional anguish. Exemplar damages will be capped at $750k.

Mr. Nice! fucked around with this message at 21:41 on Jul 29, 2022

Tree Dude
May 26, 2012

AND MY SONG IS...
IT'S IN THE WHITE PAPERS!

Xiahou Dun
Jul 16, 2009

SilvergunSuperman posted:

People spend too much time talking about ingredients when the actual quality of chili is technique and patience.

I don't have a recipe, but the sketch is :

You brown the beef or whatever meat you're using heavily, preferably in a cast iron pot. An enameled bouillabaisse form is perfect for this

Then you toss in diced onions. The amount I go by is the same my Oma taught me for goulasch : "dice onions until you want a cigarette" i.e. an insane amount of onions

Then you combine your aromatics into a crude spice paste ; your paprika, chili powder, chipotles in adobo, tomato paste, etc. Definitely lots of garlic, same rule as onions.

You do this in chapters, you brown the meat, then push that to the sides of the pot and make a well in the middle for the onions. Then push that aside and do it for the spice paste.

Add whatever veggies, beans, etc. in there now, then cover with broth and bring to a light boil. Make it good broth ; Better Than Bouillon at a bare minimum, if not bone stock*. Reduce to a light simmer and do extra tuning on the flavor. A couple of spoons of vinegar or Worcestershire sauce are good additions, as well as a bouquet garnis or any other herbs you like. Fresh rosemary sprigs can be really good, but are divisive so know your audience.

Let that simmer for hours. The longer you let it go, the better your flavor and the more tender your meat.

An hour before you want to eat, crank the heat up to high and reduce the chili. DO NOT ADD STARCH YOU FUCKER. It's the cheapest way to change the texture, at the cost of flavor. We're reducing this bad boy to get the best of both worlds. Just keep stirring and reducing until you're happy, like an hour, beating off anyone trying to take some because it's going to smell amazing.

Use this time to make a skillet cornbread cause you're gonna be next to the stove for a while. Serve with cheese, sour cream and minced chives. For decadence you can fry wedges of cornbread in butter until crispy then dip that into the chili.

*You make other meat right? Do you have a freezer? Keep your bones in a ziploc in the freezer and use that for stock : every time you make some ribs or whatever, you should be planning ahead for this.

mojo1701a
Oct 9, 2008

~ David Lee Roth

Wait, are they taking a break? Because if so, great. My earbuds just ran out of power.

Either way, long weekend and I'm leaving work a little early!

ILL Machina
Mar 25, 2004

:italy: Glory to Italia! :italy:

Ayy!! This text is-a the color of marinara! Ohhhh!! Dat's amore!!
The guard guy asked bankston if he thought he might testify. They laughed but maybe he had a technical reason to ask the question?

Mark and shitball had a spat where they talked about admitting evidence again. Mark said they sent them an email they didn't respond to I think.

Nelson Mandingo
Mar 27, 2005

SilvergunSuperman posted:

I'd tell you but I woke up on the toilet having clearly passed out making GBS threads myself and had significant brain damage and memory loss.

Songbearer
Jul 12, 2007

Fuck you say?
You and Alex both

Xiahou Dun
Jul 16, 2009

uh where the gently caress did the judge go

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

Xiahou Dun posted:

uh where the gently caress did the judge go

Her chambers to take a shot.

0konner
Nov 17, 2016

I WAS THERE
WHEN CODY RHODES
FINISHED THE STORY
Did the bald camera guy body check mark??

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer
Chat with the Jury? Piss? Piss with the Jury?

Seth Pecksniff
May 27, 2004

can't believe shrek is fucking dead. rip to a real one.
the judge is getting her orders from the globalists

sometimes it takes a few minutes

Your Gay Uncle
Feb 16, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Xiahou Dun posted:

People spend too much time talking about ingredients when the actual quality of chili is technique and patience.

I don't have a recipe, but the sketch is :

You brown the beef or whatever meat you're using heavily, preferably in a cast iron pot. An enameled bouillabaisse form is perfect for this

Then you toss in diced onions. The amount I go by is the same my Oma taught me for goulasch : "dice onions until you want a cigarette" i.e. an insane amount of onions

Then you combine your aromatics into a crude spice paste ; your paprika, chili powder, chipotles in adobo, tomato paste, etc. Definitely lots of garlic, same rule as onions.

You do this in chapters, you brown the meat, then push that to the sides of the pot and make a well in the middle for the onions. Then push that aside and do it for the spice paste.

Add whatever veggies, beans, etc. in there now, then cover with broth and bring to a light boil. Make it good broth ; Better Than Bouillon at a bare minimum, if not bone stock*. Reduce to a light simmer and do extra tuning on the flavor. A couple of spoons of vinegar or Worcestershire sauce are good additions, as well as a bouquet garnis or any other herbs you like. Fresh rosemary sprigs can be really good, but are divisive so know your audience.

Let that simmer for hours. The longer you let it go, the better your flavor and the more tender your meat.

An hour before you want to eat, crank the heat up to high and reduce the chili. DO NOT ADD STARCH YOU FUCKER. It's the cheapest way to change the texture, at the cost of flavor. We're reducing this bad boy to get the best of both worlds. Just keep stirring and reducing until you're happy, like an hour, beating off anyone trying to take some because it's going to smell amazing.

Use this time to make a skillet cornbread cause you're gonna be next to the stove for a while. Serve with cheese, sour cream and minced chives. For decadence you can fry wedges of cornbread in butter until crispy then dip that into the chili.

*You make other meat right? Do you have a freezer? Keep your bones in a ziploc in the freezer and use that for stock : every time you make some ribs or whatever, you should be planning ahead for this.

I cannot reccomend making cornbread in a cast iron pan enough. Iron pan absolutists can be very annoying, but they aren't wrong about castiron cornbread.

Just make sure you wash the skillet in the dishwasher on high before doing any recipes with dough

Songbearer
Jul 12, 2007

Fuck you say?
Everyone joins hands and communally floods the courtroom with piss, a biblical whizz tsunami to give the trial the dignity it deserves

Edmund Sparkler
Jul 4, 2003
For twelve years, you have been asking: Who is John Galt? This is John Galt speaking. I am the man who loves his life. I am the man who does not sacrifice his love or his values. I am the man who has deprived you of victims and thus has destroyed your world, and if you wish to know why you are peris

Your Gay Uncle posted:

Just make sure you wash the skillet in the dishwasher on high before doing any recipes with dough

Uhhh...

Xiahou Dun
Jul 16, 2009

Your Gay Uncle posted:

Please never touch any of my cookware.

Grand Fromage
Jan 30, 2006

L-l-look at you bar-bartender, a-a pa-pathetic creature of meat and bone, un-underestimating my l-l-liver's ability to metab-meTABolize t-toxins. How can you p-poison a perfect, immortal alcohOLIC?

Sophia Smallstorm? What is this D&D poo poo

Xiahou Dun
Jul 16, 2009

But don't you HATE ALEX JONES YOU LEFTY BITCH?!@?@?@?@?@?

-Shitball

teen witch
Oct 9, 2012
oh god this is going to be awful

teen witch
Oct 9, 2012
I’m legit tense and might make a drink I hate this maaaaan

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

I forgot to post my food for USPOL Thanksgiving but that's okay too!

Fallen Rib
I love this Judge

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer
It's ok, he'll probably be running for office next cycle targetting the chud vote.

red19fire
May 26, 2010

Hahaha Bankston just snorted at that ‘overruled’.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

teen witch
Oct 9, 2012
This lady takes shits more professionally qualified than you