Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

A Pack of Kobolds
Mar 23, 2007

Dawgstar posted:

That's ALSO David Warner. :smith:

loving oof, RIP.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SolarFire2
Oct 16, 2001

"You're awefully cute, but unfortunately for you, you're made of meat." - Meat And Sarcasm Guy!

"Don't I know you?"
"Aren't you me in another role?"

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

A Pack of Kobolds posted:

loving oof, RIP.

I just learned Warner was part of one of the best episodes of Star Trek: The Next Generation and did so by essentially reading cue cards over Patrick Stewart's shoulder. Shout out to a real one.

Animal-Mother
Feb 14, 2012

RABBIT RABBIT
RABBIT RABBIT
David Warner was great opposite David Warner in Quest of the Delta Knights. David Warner's performance was quite good as well.

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮 I wanna go home with the armadillo
Good country music from Amarillo and Abilene
Friendliest people and the prettiest women you've ever seen
𝅘𝅥𝅮

Pinwiz11 posted:

I totally blocked that with my hand, so glad.

"And that's lunch!" :v:

Julet Esqu
May 6, 2007

I heard that it was never actually planned for David Warner to play two roles in that movie, but they just couldn't find another guy and he was like, "Want me to do it? I'll do it." Dude's way better than the movie he's in and still being cool and helpful as gently caress. What a mensch. RIPD.

TL
Jan 16, 2006

Things fall apart; the centre cannot hold; Mere anarchy is loosed upon the world

Fallen Rib
David Warner once seated at a hotel I worked at. I made change for him at the front desk, he fanned out the bills and said “Hahaha! Money money money!” and it was so funny. He was just effortlessly charming.

A Pack of Kobolds
Mar 23, 2007

TL posted:

David Warner once seated at a hotel I worked at. I made change for him at the front desk, he fanned out the bills and said “Hahaha! Money money money!” and it was so funny. He was just effortlessly charming.

This is a wonderful mental image.

Fighting Trousers
May 17, 2011

Does this excite you, girl?
Cue the Sir Thomas Neville Servo Consort of the Middle Ages Right After the Plague Singers:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aathldHtnJA

Keromaru5
Dec 28, 2012

Pictured: The Wolf Of Gubbio (probably)

This avatar made possible by a gift from the Religionthread Posters Relief Fund
So I just got back from my first visit to New York City, which made me think of the Producers, which made me start listening to the Broadway soundtrack on the way home (it's the most New Yorky thing in my music collection), which made me look up the original 60's version on IMDB, and I never realized that Estelle Winwood played "Hold Me, Touch Me."

I just keep discovering Estelle in the most interesting places.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Fighting Trousers posted:

Cue the Sir Thomas Neville Servo Consort of the Middle Ages Right After the Plague Singers:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aathldHtnJA

Fantastic. I know I won't soon forget the cheese. :hmmyes:

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Creepy little garbage eaters

I'm getting caught up on a few of the new episodes I missed and I refuse to believe Demon Squad was made in 2019.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

howe_sam posted:

I'm getting caught up on a few of the new episodes I missed and I refuse to believe Demon Squad was made in 2019.

It was finished in 2019 but it was shot a few years before that.

Empty Sandwich
Apr 22, 2008

goatse mugs
my kid was like "that computer is ancient" and I said "well, it might be contemporary" and then the character said "this computer is ancient"

I would've guessed 2003 except for the quality of the digital effects

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Empty Sandwich posted:

my kid was like "that computer is ancient" and I said "well, it might be contemporary" and then the character said "this computer is ancient"

I would've guessed 2003 except for the quality of the digital effects

Quality is doing a lot of work there

Fezz
Aug 31, 2001

You should feel ashamed.
The Jackbox live show is on now. It's Team Servo vs Team Crow. Featuring 3 servos and 3 crows. With special guest Bill Corbett.

Artemis J Brassnuts
Jan 2, 2009
I regret😢 to inform📢 I am the most sexually🍆 vanilla 🍦straight 📏 dude😰 on the planet🌎

Fezz posted:

The Jackbox live show is on now. It's Team Servo vs Team Crow. Featuring 3 servos and 3 crows. With special guest Bill Corbett.
Pretty amazing that they’ve been able to pull so much of the historical cast together (even if just for one-offs) so far. I never kept up on The Who-won’t-work-with-whom drama but Bill’s the first of the mainline Riffttax guys to show up, right? Trace, Josh, and Frank were on Cinematic Titanic with Joel so I’m kind of surprised they haven’t shown up yet.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

At this point it seems like the only bad blood is between Trace and Joel. Not even between The Mads and the new cast because Trace and Frank have had Jonah on their livestreams multiple times and Frank has started promoting new MST episodes. Rifftrax and The Mads do cross promotion/show up on each others things and Mary Jo does a lot of stuff with all three as she appears on new MST3K, does her own Rifftrax and has a live show with Dumb Industries (the production company that does The Mads livestreams.)

Fezz
Aug 31, 2001

You should feel ashamed.
Also Kevin and Bill were in multiple episodes during season 11. And Bill was also part of those Migizi charity shorts.

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

I wonder if there’s a chance of Mike ever coming back for at least a cameo or if he’s too busy with other projects these days

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

muscles like this! posted:

At this point it seems like the only bad blood is between Trace and Joel. Not even between The Mads and the new cast because Trace and Frank have had Jonah on their livestreams multiple times and Frank has started promoting new MST episodes. Rifftrax and The Mads do cross promotion/show up on each others things and Mary Jo does a lot of stuff with all three as she appears on new MST3K, does her own Rifftrax and has a live show with Dumb Industries (the production company that does The Mads livestreams.)

If it's even bad blood at all at this point.

Could simply be that Trace doesn't want to go back to MST3K

Narsham
Jun 5, 2008

Burkion posted:

If it's even bad blood at all at this point.

Could simply be that Trace doesn't want to go back to MST3K

"I'm not going back, Joel!"*

*Quotation altered from a quotation that still didn't actually happen on Star Trek: TOS.

Hazo
Dec 30, 2004

SCIENCE

I was more confused by not having Kevin opposite Bill (though I constantly spammed "Kevin Murphy" in the drawing suggestions for Tee-K-O), but I didn't mind that much because Tim is absolutely hilarious.

"Ladies and gentlemen of the jurrah, my name is Cornelius P. Racism."

Hazo fucked around with this message at 20:00 on Jul 28, 2022

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose
Every time I watch Munchie I keep thinking "this movie isn't that bad". Then suddenly the movie becomes exactly that bad.

Hazo
Dec 30, 2004

SCIENCE

In case you're like me and couldn't find it on the website, here's the t-shirt link

https://twitter.com/MST3K/status/1552776154372784129?s=20&t=KSuKgNxhRonY9HwajXO1rA

I couldn't decide so I got one of each for my wife and me.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Larryb posted:

I wonder if there’s a chance of Mike ever coming back for at least a cameo or if he’s too busy with other projects these days

If the right thing comes up and Mike doesn't have to fly, quite possibly.

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
They've definitely been making a lot of Mike jokes and references- including a direct one. I don't think he's off the table

Splint Chesthair
Dec 27, 2004

The virtual production setup they use now should make getting Mike to show up easier, at least.

ringu0
Feb 24, 2013

Larryb posted:

Well, he's back as a cutout during the intermissions when the show characters fly around in space suits. I guess he gave Joel his permission to do that, so his appearance in person should be theoretically possible, too.

InsensitiveSeaBass
Apr 1, 2008

You're entering a realm which is unusual. Maybe it's magic, or contains some kind of monster... The second one. Prepare to enter The Scary Door.
Nap Ghost
Surely Kinga wouldn't be fooled by a cardboard silhouette and a tape deck...

Murdstone
Jun 14, 2005

I'm feeling Jimmy

Hazo posted:

In case you're like me and couldn't find it on the website, here's the t-shirt link

https://twitter.com/MST3K/status/1552776154372784129?s=20&t=KSuKgNxhRonY9HwajXO1rA

I couldn't decide so I got one of each for my wife and me.
I ordered one of these Thursday, it mailed yesterday, and already came today. That's probably the fastest turnaround I've ever experienced. I thought when I got the email there was some mistake.

It came from Richmond to Northern VA so it's not far, but still, I'm impressed.

Fighting Trousers
May 17, 2011

Does this excite you, girl?

InsensitiveSeaBass posted:

Surely Kinga wouldn't be fooled by a cardboard silhouette and a tape deck...

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮 I wanna go home with the armadillo
Good country music from Amarillo and Abilene
Friendliest people and the prettiest women you've ever seen
𝅘𝅥𝅮
Is there a Donna St. Phibes bit on the Synthia Selects of Giant Spider Invasion? I can't find one.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Robot Wars is a film made for me; horrifically offensive, shot like a tv show, and a rich beautiful time capsule for what the future might be.

But what really does it for me is the future suit the boss wears. You do not know how much it matters to me when movies commit to tryin to update menswear. God bless you costume designer.

Fezz
Aug 31, 2001

You should feel ashamed.

Edward Mass posted:

Is there a Donna St. Phibes bit on the Synthia Selects of Giant Spider Invasion? I can't find one.

Here's my note file:

July
Eegah - Dr. St. Phibes 37:09 - Emily 1:24:15 what makes a monster
Gorgo - Emily 1:02:43 rebuilding kaiju - DSP 1:21:05
Gila - Jonah 37:40 historical kaiju - DSP 1:25:14
Devil Fish - DSP 17:45 - Jonah 1:26:08 tiny bureaucracy
Gamera - Jonah 36:28 famous monster relatives - DSP 1:05:36
Giant Spider - DSP 17:36 - Emily 56:02 vacation to monster island

You probably weren't looking that early

Pershing
Feb 21, 2010

John "Black Jack" Pershing
Hard Fucking Core

Barudak posted:

Robot Wars is a film made for me; horrifically offensive, shot like a tv show, and a rich beautiful time capsule for what the future might be.

But what really does it for me is the future suit the boss wears. You do not know how much it matters to me when movies commit to tryin to update menswear. God bless you costume designer.

The male lead is so noxious it ruins the whole episode for me.

Morter
Jul 1, 2006

:ninja:
Gift for the grind, criminal mind shifty

Swift with the 9 through a 59FIFTY
I legitimately liked Robot Wars up until the lead exuded a whole 'Heh, she TOTALLY wants me' vibe which sadly kept up through the entire movie. If it was just pure shlock a la Escape 2000 I would've dug it. Oh well, I enjoyed the riffs.

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
It's extremely unlikely, but I'd kill for MST3K to get Vindicator or Robot Jox some time

A Pack of Kobolds
Mar 23, 2007

Morter posted:

I legitimately liked Robot Wars up until the lead exuded a whole 'Heh, she TOTALLY wants me' vibe which sadly kept up through the entire movie. If it was just pure shlock a la Escape 2000 I would've dug it. Oh well, I enjoyed the riffs.

Rat Woman is right!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Morter
Jul 1, 2006

:ninja:
Gift for the grind, criminal mind shifty

Swift with the 9 through a 59FIFTY
I am unreasonably excited for this week's Pumaman tribute.