Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sub-Actuality
Apr 17, 2007

Chuck Buried Treasure posted:

Also I think I'm going to make a project to watch each of the movies that Para-Medic talks about when you save, she talks about a lot of my favorites from the 60s and earlier and some of the ones I haven't seen are classics that I could use the excuse to finally watch.

very good idea, especially Forbidden Planet. mgs3 rules

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Major Isoor
Mar 23, 2011
MGS3 is so good. drat, I really wish they'd go back and port it over to PC

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

28) Metal Gear Solid: Peace Walker

Major Isoor posted:

MGS3 is so good. drat, I really wish they'd go back and port it over to PC

it's simply the best

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

MGS3 ftw. Having some darkness on the right hand side of the screen in first person after you lose the eye is so good

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

1. Tell Me Why
  2. Vampire Survivors
  3. SteamWorld Quest: Hand of Gilgamech
  4. Elden Ring
  5. Diablo III: Reaper of Souls
  6. Xenoblade Chronicles 2
  7. Shadow Complex Remastered

I replayed this randomly last night, took like 2 hours. It's crazy to think this game was considered a massive step in quality/size of downloadable games when playing in 2022, and the fact it was 15 dollars was seen as price gouging, lol. Simpler times, bros. 3/5.

bees x1000
Jun 11, 2020

1. Rift Wizard
2. Grand Cross Renovation
3. Doom 64
4. Elden Ring
5. Rolling Gunner Overpower
6. Sekiro
7. Blazing Chrome
8. Contra Hard Corps
9. Kirby and the Forgotten Land
10. RimWorld
11. Dodonpachi Saidaioujou
12. Dragon's Dogma: Dark Arisen
13. Metal Gear Solid: Ghost Babel
14. Deadly Premonition 2
15. Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance
16. Link Between Worlds

it’s decent but I think I would have had more fun with a LttP romhack

absolutely anything
Dec 28, 2006

~As for dreams, she has enough and more to spare~
live a live

fantastic remake of an already good game. keeps most of the content identical but makes a bunch of smart improvements around the edges to make the whole thing just play better, and looks and sounds beautiful. a must play for jrpg gamers. even if you've already played the original

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up
Metal Gear: Ghost Babel

Vadun
Mar 9, 2011

I'm hungrier than a green snake in a sugar cane field.

34) Mass Effect 2

Ending didn't feel as impactful as the first one, and the ending credits music was abysmal. Combat was a lot better

MeatwadIsGod
Sep 30, 2004

Foretold by Gyromancy
Devil May Cry 2

Maybe the worst game I've ever played. There's too many problems to mention but the major ones are that enemies have no AI, guns are OP, Dante is boring, stinger is useless, and the story makes no sense and is dumb. I knew it was gonna be worse than DMC1 but I had no idea it was this awful. At least I'll probably appreciate DMC3 a lot more now.

Arrhythmia
Jul 22, 2011
Soul Blazer

Mamkute
Sep 2, 2018
24. Super Mario Land 2 (No Easy Mode)

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo

Mamkute posted:

24. Super Mario Land 2 (No Easy Mode)

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

Mamkute posted:

24. Super Mario Land 2
:)

Mamkute posted:

(No Easy Mode)
:monocle:

little munchkin
Aug 15, 2010
Beat Dragon Quest 11. Very good game.

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

Kull the Conqueror
Apr 8, 2006

Take me to the green valley,
lay the sod o'er me,
I'm a young cowboy,
I know I've done wrong
Dark Souls III, first time. Had a blast

Arrhythmia
Jul 22, 2011

little munchkin posted:

Beat Dragon Quest 11. Very good game.

Did you beat it, or did you beat it?

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Arrhythmia posted:

little munchkin
Aug 15, 2010

Arrhythmia posted:

probably not going to gently caress with the endgame at all. there's too many drat games to play

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

little munchkin posted:

probably not going to gently caress with the endgame at all. there's too many drat games to play

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

little munchkin posted:

endgame is incredible nd super good

herculon
Sep 7, 2018

little munchkin posted:

gently caress those other games

Arrhythmia
Jul 22, 2011

little munchkin posted:

You're just gonna leave your friend dead?

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
Define "endgame" because if you just beat Act 2 and saw the credits roll then I'm going to kill you in real life with a rifle purchased from Dick's Sporting Goods.

sourdough
Apr 30, 2012

Arrhythmia posted:

You're just gonna leave your friend dead?

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

American McGay posted:

Define "endgame" because if you just beat Act 2 and saw the credits roll then I'm going to kill you in real life with a rifle purchased from Dick's Sporting Goods.

I did this and loved the game. Consider it a Top 3 DQ.

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

If you don't complete act 3 you haven't finished the game in any sense. Arguing otherwise is lunacy.

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

little munchkin posted:

There is no "endgame" in DQXI, it may be called that, but it's the actual end of the story. You haven't beaten poo poo.

Punished Chuck
Dec 27, 2010

Metal Gear Solid 4: Guns of the Patriots. Code name "Bear." Loved it. The movement and gunplay feel a lot better and more natural and a lot of the setpieces were really cool. The story provided a really satisfying end to both Solid Snake and Big Boss's storylines. I'm going to try and speedrun it with a NG+ to see if I can get a no kills run in before tomorrow's Game Club deadline, I somehow got exactly 1 kill, during the last mission--I might not have been careful enough when using the railgun to kill the Gekkos or I may have tranquilized a Haven Trooper when she was perched on a wall, which according to what I'm reading online kills them in that level even though it doesn't in all the others? :confused:

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

25.1) Metal Gear Solid 2: Substance (European Extreme Difficulty, Orca Rank)

Joan
Mar 28, 2021

Metal Gear MSX. It was a huge slog. The keycard juggling, the backtracking, the wall-punching, the bosses that have one specific thing you have to do 20 times. It's probably intentionally designed that way but it's really aggravating, especially on a deadline

little munchkin
Aug 15, 2010
very well

welcome
Jun 28, 2002

rail slut
Metal Gear Solid 2 (Pigeon)
Metal Gear Solid: Ghost Babel (Tarantula)
Metal Gear Solid 3 (Doberman)

Nutmeg
Feb 8, 2004

Mamkute
Sep 2, 2018
24+ Super Mario Land 2 (100% Completion)

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Metal Gear Solid 3: Subsistence (Pigeon rank, 100% non-lethal)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Plebian Parasite
Oct 12, 2012

58) Black Mesa

My only complaint is the Xen stuff should've really been edited down a little. Still looks and plays really good, it's just long in the tooth and there's a lot of sections where you're just wandering around plugging stuff in.

Also I believe I'm back on track for beating 100 games in a year.