Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
COSTCO!!!
PBUC
Executive Member
I make terrible financial decisions here.
BRING BACK THE COMBO SLICE
505 Club
Death To Sams Club
Goku waiting in extremely long gas line.
View Results

Poopelyse
Jan 22, 2011

by Fluffdaddy
kerrygold salted butter from costco in butter dish on kitchen counter at all times. always ready for a slice of toasted sourdough (bought from costco)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ohtori Akio
Jul 15, 2022
the bread of the beautiful man with the large arms and sick freakin guitar, i feel

halokiller
Dec 28, 2008

Sisters Are Doin' It For Themselves

Chunderbucket posted:

I got the executive membership card, then refunded it down to a regular account then next day :twisted:

pleb tier here but still rocking my black exec card for almost decade now

CaptainCrunch
Mar 19, 2006
droppin Hamiltons!

DeadFatDuckFat posted:

Slightly more butter than olive oil for the most part. Easily spreads when used right out of the fridge. I don't add salt just because most bread already has a decent amount of sodium but thats just personal preference

Sounds good. Thank you, I’m goin to give it a shot.

Dr. Fraiser Chain
May 18, 2004

Redlining my shit posting machine

Costco was how I was sourcing my tickets to Angels games and they haven't restarted that poo poo in 2 years.

feedmegin
Jul 30, 2008

Captain Toasted posted:

Went to Church yesterday to pick up some things for a seafood boil; Lemons, baby creamer potatoes, garlic, shrimp, snow crab, etc. Went down the sauce/dip refrigerated section and they had garlic toum for $0.97/1.5lbs. I triple checked the price before adding 3 of them to my cart and running to the checkout. The sell by date is pretty close but I can freeze it to stretch it out and at that point I’m practically LOSING money by not buying it. PBUC

As opposed to...garlic free toum? :shobon:

Alucard
Mar 11, 2002
Pillbug
Anyone got a line on a 5kg salt lick from Costco for my butter seasoning needs?

My last trip didn't yield too much interesting but I did pick up a big tub of pub mix nuts with some honey sesame straws, cashews, almonds, and two types of peanuts. Pretty tasty and more interesting than GORP

Pershing
Feb 21, 2010

John "Black Jack" Pershing
Hard Fucking Core

Poopelyse posted:

kerrygold salted butter from costco in butter dish on kitchen counter at all times. always ready for a slice of toasted sourdough (bought from costco)

Great post/AV combo...the satisfied look of a well-fed Commander.

Soul Dentist
Mar 17, 2009

Alucard posted:

Anyone got a line on a 5kg salt lick from Costco for my butter seasoning needs?

My last trip didn't yield too much interesting but I did pick up a big tub of pub mix nuts with some honey sesame straws, cashews, almonds, and two types of peanuts. Pretty tasty and more interesting than GORP

I hope the pub mix was unsalted so you could delicately season them yourself by individual ingredient

Wonderllama
Mar 15, 2003

anyone wanna andreyfuck?
I bought a stick of butter that was pre seasoned with eggs, flour, sugar, baking soda, and milk.

I bought a cake. PBUC

Alucard
Mar 11, 2002
Pillbug

Soul Dentist posted:

I hope the pub mix was unsalted so you could delicately season them yourself by individual ingredient

No but they were unbuttered so I still have to do that. Any recommendations?

Soul Dentist
Mar 17, 2009
Just use lube

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

Poopelyse posted:

Absolutely

Vegetable
Oct 22, 2010

Is the kirkland butter any good compared to the kerrygold?

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Goodpancakes posted:

Costco was how I was sourcing my tickets to Angels games and they haven't restarted that poo poo in 2 years.

Sorry the Long Beach/Tustin Angels suck Costco knows this and is saving you the heartbreak.

devmd01
Mar 7, 2006

Elektronik
Supersonik
just gas to top off the minivan since I was driving by, pbuc for long hoses

wife has my car but is nearby so she is gonna fill it at Costco as well.

devmd01 fucked around with this message at 19:31 on Jul 31, 2022

Bad Purchase
Jun 17, 2019

to be clear this is my WIFE’S minivan. i have my own cool car but you can’t see it in the photo.

devmd01
Mar 7, 2006

Elektronik
Supersonik
Ok fine but I’ll keep it Costco related.

With the V8 RWD, let’s just say that my rear tires wear out faster than the warranty says. I looked on the costco site logged in and as far as I can tell I can get tires installed potentially cheaper elsewhere. The availability in the size wasn’t great, either.

Renegret
May 26, 2007

THANK YOU FOR CALLING HELP DOG, INC.

YOUR POSITION IN THE QUEUE IS *pbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbt*

Cat Army Sworn Enemy
Minivans loving own bro there's so much storage space for Costco runs.

Comfortador
Jul 31, 2003

Just give me all the 3ggs_n_b4con you have.

Wait...wait.

I worry what you just heard was...
"Give me a lot of b4con_n_3ggs."

What I said was...
"Give me all the 3ggs_n_b4con you have"

...Do you understand?
Am I a snob for hating people who pull into the gas station with the gas cap on the other side of the vehicle?

AHH F/UGH
May 25, 2002

Comfortador posted:

Am I a snob for hating people who pull into the gas station with the gas cap on the other side of the vehicle?

Yes

We're just trying to get the lines shorter for everyone and most cars have it on the right side, I think.

Comfortador
Jul 31, 2003

Just give me all the 3ggs_n_b4con you have.

Wait...wait.

I worry what you just heard was...
"Give me a lot of b4con_n_3ggs."

What I said was...
"Give me all the 3ggs_n_b4con you have"

...Do you understand?

AHH F/UGH posted:

Yes

We're just trying to get the lines shorter for everyone and most cars have it on the right side, I think.

okay I'll accept that. Mines on the left. I just hate how it creates an extra obstacle when people are leaving or pulling through the center to get to the front pump.

AHH F/UGH
May 25, 2002

People at your costco drive through the center? wtf

At mine everyone just waits in line and doesn't angle themselves into spots. We have 3 pumps in a row and they just wait until all three cars pull out.

Bum the Sad
Aug 25, 2002
Hell Gem

AHH F/UGH posted:

People at your costco drive through the center? wtf

At mine everyone just waits in line and doesn't angle themselves into spots. We have 3 pumps in a row and they just wait until all three cars pull out.

That’s ridiculous. Why would you not drive through the center to the two empty pumps ahead. I think you’re making poo poo up.

AHH F/UGH
May 25, 2002

Bum the Sad posted:

That’s ridiculous. Why would you not drive through the center to the two empty pumps ahead. I think you’re making poo poo up.

I dunno, I guess it's hard for a car to pull into the middle spot or whatever considering the weird car sizes that sometimes are there so we all just wait patiently and go three at a time.

Also we don't wanna smack into any gas attendants or people walking around their cars that could be hard to see

BeastOfExmoor
Aug 19, 2003

I will be gone, but not forever.
There's literally signs indicating the pumps pull out to either side of the car and LED signs showing when a spot at the front opens up, so I'm quite confident using either pump and moving up through the center is the official Costco preference.

Poopelyse
Jan 22, 2011

by Fluffdaddy

Renegret posted:

Minivans loving own bro there's so much storage space for Costco runs.

minivans are easily the most convenient vehicle imaginable.
drive around lots of people? yep
pick up a whole bunch of unexpected poo poo from Costco? easy peasy
pick up a load of wood from home depot? no problem
haul furniture around? yep again
lay down an air mattress and watch movies while car camping? hell yep

AHH F/UGH
May 25, 2002

BeastOfExmoor posted:

LED signs showing when a spot at the front opens up, so I'm quite confident using either pump and moving up through the center is the official Costco preference.

Not at my costco there aren't vOv

I think everyone likes it better this way here too, it seems more fair and less cutthroat

AKZ
Nov 5, 2009

Comfortador posted:

:dafuq:

Ohtori Akio
Jul 15, 2022
i pray that one day the rear-wheel-drive stick shift minivan makes its triumphant return. hell i should just get a previa now

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
electric vans are going to own. lower floor and center of gravity. lots of torque for loads.

BeastOfExmoor
Aug 19, 2003

I will be gone, but not forever.

AHH F/UGH posted:

I think everyone likes it better this way here too, it seems more fair and less cutthroat

What's cutthroat about filling the next available spot instead of adding an extra few minutes to everyone's time?

Not saying I don't appreciate it when all three cars are synced up, which still happens pretty often here, but when some vehicles have huge tanks and other tiny tanks its just not going to happen.

Corn Glizzy
Jun 28, 2007

devmd01 posted:

Ok fine but I’ll keep it Costco related.

With the V8 RWD, let’s just say that my rear tires wear out faster than the warranty says. I looked on the costco site logged in and as far as I can tell I can get tires installed potentially cheaper elsewhere. The availability in the size wasn’t great, either.

Dope Hyundai bro

I bought a PHEV Volvo a couple months ago and my trips to Costco gas have gone from every week to once a month, but I’m still at church weekly

Costco need to put in some chargers, my goddamn Safeway has them, where you at Costco

AHH F/UGH posted:

The only issue with people not pulling up past the third car is inevitably, some rear end in a top hat takes the front spot and doesn’t back up into the middle spot

Corn Glizzy fucked around with this message at 04:57 on Aug 1, 2022

AHH F/UGH
May 25, 2002

BeastOfExmoor posted:

What's cutthroat about filling the next available spot instead of adding an extra few minutes to everyone's time?

Not saying I don't appreciate it when all three cars are synced up, which still happens pretty often here, but when some vehicles have huge tanks and other tiny tanks its just not going to happen.

I dunno just seems like a free-for-all of who sees that gap first in whichever line or whatever.

Plus I don't think people here like trying to get out of the middle spot, or parallel parking into it, or having cars drive past you when you're trying to get out. Just sounds like pure chaos to me!

Douche4Sale
May 8, 2003

...and then God said, "Let there be douche!"

You guys are way overthinking this.

Get in literally any line you want, the gas hose stretches to accommodate this to be efficient.

Are you next in your line and a pump in front of the car filling up directly in front of you opens up? Check around you, pull over slowly into the middle lane, move forward slowly, and take that open spot to be efficient.

This isn't weird, or rude, or dangerous. It just makes sense. If you'd rather wait longer then always get in the line that matches your gas tank and wait until all the pumps in your line open up. I'll certainly think it's odd, but will just assume you don't know any better.

ShowTime
Mar 28, 2005
Yea I don't see why this is even being talked about. The only time I take issue with it is when someone takes the forward spot, backs into it, as close as they can to me, while the person that is now behind me pulls up past the line. Now i'm wedged in there. I drive a truck and getting out of that now tight spot can be a little tricky.

In addition, as i'm backing up to make room to get out, the person behind me freaks out and honks at me. Homie, it's 2022. Not only do I have rare cameras, I have sonar thats beeps telling me just how close I am to someone. Calm down grandpa. I'm not gonna hit you.

QuarkJets
Sep 8, 2008

Vegetable posted:

Is the kirkland butter any good compared to the kerrygold?

It's totally fine, yeah. I prefer using the kirkland stuff for baked goods but throw some on toast and it's also good

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe

Douche4Sale posted:

This isn't weird, or rude, or dangerous. It just makes sense.

QuarkJets
Sep 8, 2008

BeastOfExmoor posted:

There's literally signs indicating the pumps pull out to either side of the car and LED signs showing when a spot at the front opens up, so I'm quite confident using either pump and moving up through the center is the official Costco preference.

At the Maui Costco pulling out through the middle is okay but going around a car mid-refueling to reach the front pump early will get your tires slashed

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ShowTime
Mar 28, 2005

QuarkJets posted:

At the Maui Costco pulling out through the middle is okay but pulling a car to reach the front pump early will get your tires slashed

To clarify, were they next in line or did they cut in line? Cutting in line is one thing, but just being next in line and taking the next available spot is entirely different. If people are overreacting at people just doing what they are suppose to, then holy poo poo.