Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Piell
Sep 3, 2006

Grey Worm's Ken doll-like groin throbbed with the anticipatory pleasure that only a slightly warm and moist piece of lemoncake could offer

Young Orc
https://twitter.com/MoString/status/1554110008576589830
https://twitter.com/MoString/status/1554112345605083140

"Hey literally none of what this guy claims he did exists online other than a website he may have created, it's probably fine"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Random Stranger
Nov 27, 2009

Hollismason posted:

I don't understand how the bankruptcy proceedings can help the people suing Alex? Like how does that affect the Texas and CT proceedings?

Also can't the CT go forward since their suing Alex Jones himself?

I think the idea is that for bankruptcy you have to open your books and show where the money is coming in from and going out to and since Jones is trying (poorly) to hide his assets this will just make everything more accessible to them.

Basically, if they find out that the company is transferring money around to other "companies" that are under Jones's control, it's easier to say that they're really all just Alex Jones and not separate entities.

KitConstantine
Jan 11, 2013

Random Stranger posted:

I think the idea is that for bankruptcy you have to open your books and show where the money is coming in from and going out to and since Jones is trying (poorly) to hide his assets this will just make everything more accessible to them.

Basically, if they find out that the company is transferring money around to other "companies" that are under Jones's control, it's easier to say that they're really all just Alex Jones and not separate entities.

My understanding, Not A Lawyer:

Also Alex is being sued for illegally/deceptively transferring assets in connection to the bankruptcy case he filed in Texas that was thrown out. Discovery in this case would aid that case - according to the lawyer working on that case, who spoke at the bankruptcy hearing this morning, InfoWars/Alex has been resistant in discovery in the illegal transfer case so he wants the CT bankruptcy case to go forward in order to access the information they have been withholding.

Grand Fromage
Jan 30, 2006

L-l-look at you bar-bartender, a-a pa-pathetic creature of meat and bone, un-underestimating my l-l-liver's ability to metab-meTABolize t-toxins. How can you p-poison a perfect, immortal alcohOLIC?

My understanding is bankruptcy can also backfire on them too, the court can decide you're loving around too much and basically appoint their own CEO to run things.

teen witch
Oct 9, 2012
Whelp I’m gonna hear only half of this as my audio sounds mumbly

Trillhouse
Dec 31, 2000

another boring expert witness. bring back the crazies.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

Pirate Radar posted:

Are Jones’s bankruptcy lawyers the same people as his defamation lawyers? Normally I’d assume no, those are different parts of the law, but this is a, uh, weird case

It's the exact same lawyer and accounting firm as before with the same planned trustee. The judge was unsure of Mr. Schwartz's designation, though, because in the last bankruptcy he was hostile to FSS, LLC as a debtor to InfoW, LLC. The judge said he needs to explain by wednesday what the relationship between everyone is clearly because there seems to be a major conflict of interest.

teen witch
Oct 9, 2012

Trillhouse posted:

I have a feeling that shithead is going to try and be a tremendous dick to this guy

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

teen witch posted:

I have a feeling that shithead is going to try and be a tremendous dick to this guy

Mullet being an rear end in a top hat? Well I never.

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer
Far too much "please show your working".

Confusedslight
Jan 9, 2020
He's a little hard to understand and a bit mumbling. You would think after being an expert in over 100 trials he would be able to speak a bit more clearly.

Devor
Nov 30, 2004
Lurking more.

Confusedslight posted:

He's a little hard to understand and a bit mumbling. You would think after being an expert in over 100 trials he would be able to speak a bit more clearly.

The livestream audio is pretty garbage, and deeper voices are worse

teen witch
Oct 9, 2012

Confusedslight posted:

I think part of it is the audio setup in the court plus zoom being kinda crappy with audio at times

Confusedslight
Jan 9, 2020
Oh right! That makes more sense. Thanks.

Trillhouse
Dec 31, 2000

teen witch posted:

conspiracy guys hate psychiatrists, which feels a little on the nose but it's true.

Cat Puke
Apr 15, 2017

teen witch posted:

You mean shitball?

Klyith
Aug 3, 2007

GBS Pledge Week

Mr. Nice! posted:

No. He wants the TX judgment to finalize because it's effectively capped at $150,750,000.

Man, Alex Jones does not really have more than $150 million, does he? I don't want to live in a world where this idiot shithead has so many idiot shithead fans that he's been able to fleece them for that much.

KitConstantine posted:

In advance of the trial this week all the chili recipes in the thread that I could find have been added to the op :) So if anyone needs a hit of Forgetting there are now options listed!

Any additional chili recipes will go in the op as well! Please also let me know if I missed any.

Chipotle-Lime Pork Chili

2-2.5 lbs pork - boneless country ribs
3c yellow onions, diced
2-3 poblano peppers, chopped
5 cloves garlic
1 can chipotle peppers in adobo sauce
19oz can Diced tomato
Canned beans, drained (I like 1 big can black + 1 small can pinto)
1/2 small can tomato paste
1 Lime - zest and juice

1. 4+ hours ahead of cooking, cut pork into chunks & coat with spices:
- coarse salt
- chili powder
- coriander
- garlic powder

2. In a dutch oven, brown pork in hot oil.

3. When pork is done, remove to large bowl. Deglaze pot with some of the beer you're drinking. Pour the deglaze, the peppers & adobo sauce, and lime zest over pork and toss it a bit to mix it up and coat the pork.

4. Back to pot, sautee onions, then add poblanos & garlic. Add some thyme, cumin, oregano, whatever other spices you like. Maybe a tbsp of brown sugar. Sautee until onions are lightly browned.

5. Add tomato, beans, tomato paste, simmer 10 minutes.

6. Add pork, simmer 5 min, add lime juice at end.

7. Eat, forget that Alex Jones exists for 15 minutes because this chili is just that good.

teen witch
Oct 9, 2012

Cat Puke posted:

You mean shitball?

Yes, shitass

Rust Martialis
May 8, 2007

At night, Bavovnyatko quietly comes to the occupiers’ bases, depots, airfields, oil refineries and other places full of flammable items and starts playing with fire there

teen witch posted:

Yes, shitass

du kan säga skitröv

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

Klyith posted:

Man, Alex Jones does not really have more than $150 million, does he? I don't want to live in a world where this idiot shithead has so many idiot shithead fans that he's been able to fleece them for that much.

In the past two years, in transfers he'll admit to in the bankruptcy court, he's siphoned $62m out of Free Speech Systems, LLC. He's bled out probably a few hundred million at this point.

Reminder that he gets random million dollar bitcoin donations and such from time to time. He makes a fuckton of money from his grift.

teen witch
Oct 9, 2012

Rust Martialis posted:

du kan säga skitröv

Skitstövel?

Rust Martialis
May 8, 2007

At night, Bavovnyatko quietly comes to the occupiers’ bases, depots, airfields, oil refineries and other places full of flammable items and starts playing with fire there

teen witch posted:

Skitstövel?

Jeg er kanadisk, jeg forstår bare lidt Danske, Svensk er for meget

teen witch
Oct 9, 2012
I’ve dealt with disassociation prior and it’s terrifying. God, I loving feel for Scarlett. No one deserves to live like that.

E: actually this witness is quite informative but oooof there’s a lot of “oh so that’s what that is” going on rn

teen witch fucked around with this message at 16:14 on Aug 1, 2022

Grand Fromage
Jan 30, 2006

L-l-look at you bar-bartender, a-a pa-pathetic creature of meat and bone, un-underestimating my l-l-liver's ability to metab-meTABolize t-toxins. How can you p-poison a perfect, immortal alcohOLIC?

Trillhouse posted:

Yeah I haven't been paying attention. This seems like stuff that's useful for the jury but if you've been a policy wonk for a while there's not much to get from the experts.

Herbicidal Maniac
Jun 3, 2008

You will be the effigy I burn, infused with all the traits that make them the detestable little goblins they are.

This is the equivalent of getting steamrolled in a dungeon crawler or something. Just everything out of this witness' mouth is incredibly damning to the defence while being incredibly slow (and soft-spoken).

The guy clearly states that they've been threatened and interrogated about what happened, that it had a tremendous impact on their well being, and lists out why and how it's negatively impacted them.

boar guy
Jan 25, 2007

this chili wins money

2 teaspoons oil
2 onions, chopped
3 cloves garlic, minced
1 lb lean ground beef
3/4 lb beef sirloin, cubed
1 (14 1/2 ounce) can diced tomatoes
1 can dark beer
1 cup strong coffee
2 (6 ounce) cans tomato paste
1 can beef broth
1/2 cup brown sugar
3 1/2 tablespoons chili sauce
1 tablespoon cumin
1 tablespoon cocoa
1 teaspoon oregano
1 teaspoon cayenne
1 teaspoon coriander
1 teaspoon salt
4 (15 ounce) cans kidney beans
4 chili peppers, chopped

oil
garlic
onions
ground beef
sirloin
tomatoes
beer
coffee
tomato paste
beef broth
spices
peppers
beans
boil, reduce heat, simmer for 90
add other two beans
low simmer

KitConstantine
Jan 11, 2013

teen witch posted:

I’ve dealt with disassociation prior and it’s terrifying. God, I loving feel for Scarlett. No one deserves to live like that.

Same. It's very scary, but only after because your emotions don't really work right at the time.

I perceive/d it as piloting my body from a spot about a foot above my head - I was able to go through the motions, but nothing really clicked or saved in my brain after the moment.

It's awful :(

Very familiar with the not wanting anyone around just in case they might trigger something. PTSD sucks, do not recommend

teen witch
Oct 9, 2012
Jesus Christ, Heslin’s friends ask him about Alex Jones like that? Fuuuuuck

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

I forgot to post my food for USPOL Thanksgiving but that's okay too!

Fallen Rib
Who is the witness today?

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007
FEEL FREE TO DISREGARD THIS POST

It is guaranteed to be lazy, ignorant, and/or uninformed.
Can I get a link to the trial?

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat

Hollismason posted:

Can I get a link to the trial?

The OP is updated with current link of the day

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

SalTheBard posted:

Who is the witness today?

I don't remember his name, but he's the second of Plaintiffs' expert witnesses here to explain mental anguish from a medical perspective and identify the specific issues suffered by the Heslins.

Fucking Moron
Jan 9, 2009

KitConstantine posted:

In advance of the trial this week all the chili recipes in the thread that I could find have been added to the op :) So if anyone needs a hit of Forgetting there are now options listed!

Any additional chili recipes will go in the op as well! Please also let me know if I missed any.

Any recipes for hobo chili? Preferably made by and with real hobos?

Today is going to be rough as hell trying to do anything other than watch these dueling poo poo fiddlers. Never thought I wouod get so into court cases.

Your Gay Uncle
Feb 16, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

UCS Hellmaker posted:

It is my firm belief that man can subsist on nothing more then chili and anger.

To that end, I have decided to share my own favorite chili recipe with the lot of you, so that you may convert your shame and anger into chili and anger. In this way, I am the best humanitarian who has ever or will ever survive.

I'm going to be breaking a few sacred chili rules here. Too bad; I apologize to no one.

Ingredients:

1 & 1/2 to 2 lbs of ground PORK (perfect way to uncover (slur))
2 packages of french onion soup mix (be prepared for your chili to surrender)
2 tablespoons of chili powder (less if you're a baby, more if you're a man)
4 teaspoons of ground cumin (omit this and I will devour your soul)
1 teaspoon of black pepper (slightly racist)
1/2 teaspoon of salt (or none if you're heaving a heart attack right now)
6 ejaculations (squirts) of Tabasco sauce
1 21-ounce can of red beans and 1 21-ounce can of black beans (I have a dream)
2 6-ounce cans of tomato paste with garlic (regular tomato paste = you're an rear end in a top hat)
2 8-ounce cans of tomato sauce (real men need more than just paste)
1 yellow, orange or red pepper, chopped up (green peppers are Satan's taint)
1 package of sliced mushrooms (yes, you can slice your own mushrooms, smartass)

Instructions:

Put the meat in a huge chili pot and brown it over medium heat
Add 4 cups of water and the french onion soup mix. Stir and let simmer for 10 minutes
Stir in the spices and the Tabasco and simmer for another minute or two
Add the beans, the mushrooms and the chopped pepper
Turn to low and let simmer for at least 20 minutes, 40 is better, stirring every 5-10
Call your mother and tell her she's not allowed to hug you anymore

And that's it, you're done. You just went from a pathetic, flaccid pushover to a chili-chewing boner-owner in about an hour. Your life will thank me.

Who's next? Don't even think about posting a recipe with corn in it. You should be ashamed of yourself.

One of the funniest forum things I can remember is this dude doubling down and saying people have sucked his dick because his chili is so good.
Then some brilliant goon said " anything to get the taste out of their mouth"

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3406045 for those of you who don't have internet poisoned brains

teen witch
Oct 9, 2012
I still can’t believe that so many people believe SH conspiracy theories

Like I should know better but Jesus

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007
FEEL FREE TO DISREGARD THIS POST

It is guaranteed to be lazy, ignorant, and/or uninformed.
Yeah this testimony by the forensic psychiatrist really demonstrates how painful a experience these people went through and are still going through.

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

teen witch posted:

I still can’t believe that so many people believe SH conspiracy theories

Like I should know better but Jesus

Americans are a deeply stupid and deeply broken, violent people, and poo poo like this really puts it on parade

red19fire
May 26, 2010

Did he say people fired guns at the SH families’ homes? Just vile people.

teen witch
Oct 9, 2012

MrQwerty posted:

Americans are a deeply stupid and deeply broken, violent people, and poo poo like this really puts it on parade

I hate to report it but it’s a global epidemic of very broken people.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

boar guy
Jan 25, 2007

MrQwerty posted:

just most of us