Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mederlock
Jun 23, 2012

You won't recognize Canada when I'm through with it
Grimey Drawer

andromache posted:

Also we need to find a new terrible game to play together. Life is Feudal was terrible and fun. New World with delta came close but it only took us a month to realize how bad that was.

Come play Sea of Thieves with Amok, its pretty dope. If you see Travis Wells or Rockafella unmuted in our Other Games channel its a fair bet that's what we're playing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zodium
Jun 19, 2004

1001 Arabian dicks posted:

why do the people who think the directorate is still being run or is friendly to the mittani think that banning him would do anything in the first place?

it's such a weird hill to die on

it's as if being in the in game corporation means anything at all

it's impossible to please these people

Because I know him much better than you do, globby. I’ve already explained the process, and how banning Alex stops that process in the phase where he hangs out as a professor emeritus type. Can I help further clarify it for you?

Cease to Hope
Dec 12, 2011

Gwailar posted:

The moral posturing in this thread is tiresome.
It strikes me as warmed- over religious fundamentalism by a bunch of presumably irreligious folks.

Stop LARPing paladins on an Internet forum.

cool reddit quote

Rhymenoserous
May 23, 2008

andromache posted:

You got me. There was a guy who exposed his ejaculated penis on an Internet forum without consent to a bunch of people. Probably should have ran that up through UCMJ as I believe he was still in the Navy at the time.

Not the best look considering the circumstances there.

Necros
Jul 23, 2003

GOOD TIMES ON METH posted:

Just thinking how its really unique how people play this MMO in so many different ways. A lot of people play it just as a spaceship shooting Number Go Up mmo but some people apparently actually roleplay based on the ingame lore stuff. You can obviously play it as a pure econ simulator/trading game and float around in big slow space trucks. You can roleplay as a pirate or mercenaries and pick out an area of space to be a dick in. You have the Mittani and other people who tried to make it a political thing and roleplay speeches and stuff like that. And other people play it as like a bureaucracy or corporation simulator, mainly focused on increasing output (people logging in), tracking metrics and other weird middle manager personality poo poo like the 'I was on vacation last week and look what I come back into' quote a few pages ago.

Anyways, it sucks the people running the game obviously have little interest beyond milking their remaining customers until it either dies outright or they find a way to move them into something they like more (first person shooters apparently). But it's neat that there is a MMO environment that accidentally mashed up all the * Simulator games out there.

Kaysette
Jan 5, 2009

~*Boston makes me*~
~*feel good*~

:wrongcity:

lollontee posted:

thanks for your opinion, j4g. now gently caress off

lol i forgot about this

Gwailar posted:

I am a Stupid Newbie.

According to "the rules," I should lurk before I post.
Thus, I am lurking. I have lurked my way to this Post.

According to "the rules," before I reply, I should ask myself the following question: "Does my reply offer any significant advice or help contribute to the conversation in any fashion?"
Having asked myself that question, I once again answer in the affirmative.

My significant advice to you, Alexandre DeLarge, is still:
Shut up, Idiot.

(USER WAS BANNED FOR THIS POST)

Johnny Five-Jaces
Jan 21, 2009

bigab is recruiting

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

Every revolution evaporates and leaves behind only the slime of a new bureaucracy

Lol directorate now all "you want me on that wall... You need me on that wall... To benignly remove the most toxic person in our community if they don't follow a bureaucratic process over the next 60 days"

Profiles in loving moral courage I tell ya.

Bigbillthaboss
Feb 25, 2013

TRASH ASS EDGELORD,
PUT ME ON IGNORE

Johnny Five-Jaces posted:

bigab Am0k is recruiting

fixed your typo friend

andromache
Aug 27, 2009

Lawful Neutral Paper Pusher Elemental.

Zodium posted:

are you pushing the people who can ban Alex to do so?

It was bullet 1 in the 4 point list I posted when I was asked by the directorate what the hell ya’ll even wanted at this point.

I think someone had a 4 point list a few pages back that was pretty close to what I sent over. Can’t remember the exact verbiage but it was something like ban mittens, apologize, unban whistleblowers, and publicly flay attack helicopters and blm are terrorists people.

Voyager I
Jun 29, 2012

This is how your posting feels.
🐥🐥🐥🐥🐥
We need Ullerm to come back so the thread can have one categorically good poster.

Rust Martialis
May 8, 2007

At night, Bavovnyatko quietly comes to the occupiers’ bases, depots, airfields, oil refineries and other places full of flammable items and starts playing with fire there

why do the people who think the directorate is still being run or is friendly to the mittani think that banning him would do anything in the first place?

It's partly symbolic, banning him from comms is seen as a punishment, no? Knowingly covering up for Xenuria got Mittens banned from SA and frankly GSF should do the same.

Obviously at the start he still had a lot of roles in holding corps, the executor corp, etc. and banning him could have led to him doing some massive damage in retaliation. Are they still afraid to ban him?

ShaneMacGowansTeeth
May 22, 2007

I think this is it... I think this is how it ends

andromache posted:

It was bullet 1 in the 4 point list I posted when I was asked by the directorate what the hell ya’ll even wanted at this point.

I think someone had a 4 point list a few pages back that was pretty close to what I sent over. Can’t remember the exact verbiage but it was something like ban mittens, apologize, unban whistleblowers, and publicly flay attack helicopters and blm are terrorists people.

Yeah, that was me

ShaneMacGowansTeeth posted:

I mean, it's pretty easy. In Asher's first meeting with all of the alliance corp directors and sub-directors he should simply say "in seven days I'm kicking Mittani from this alliance, banning him from services and blacklisting him. If any of you or your members have an issue with that, you know where the door is. Oh and anyone that wailed and gnashed about a cancel culture woke mob has seven days to get out as well"

ded
Oct 27, 2005

Kooler than Jesus
atrum is that guy at the dmv who invents problems with your registration to keep from getting bored. he doesn't actually care he just wants to gently caress with ~everyone~

hailthefish
Oct 24, 2010

Gwailar posted:

It strikes me as warmed- over religious fundamentalism by a bunch of presumably irreligious folks.

:fuckoff:

dragonshardz
May 2, 2017

Aedaxus posted:

No. I thank you for pointing it out. We all sometimes let things go by without action. Together, as a community, we can make it better. I remain in GSF and will work to make it become the best place to be. Some have moved out to goosefleet which from what I hear has renewed their enjoyment. And they deserve to have a good time, look at all the creativity, it's awesome. I do hope one day they rejoin us, but for that , we need to be good (or goon?) enough. Like in the movie "On deadly Ground", one could ask "What does it take for a human to change?" well, "It takes time". Time and experience is required. Talking to people and informing people takes a lot of effort. And yes, this is certainly not the only or the best or worst way. But it's my way, how I believe I get the best results. I want to enjoy being with my friends in EVE Online, and that will take an effort, for some a bigger one than others. Keep on keeping on. And if you need a break from GSF, you have a warm nest in goosefleet. And I am sure, one day we will be united again, one way or another.

:decorum:

andromache posted:

If someone got banned and wants to give GSF a try again they can reach out to our new exec either via PM on these forums, or I can get you hooked up with him on discord. GSF is back to shooting spaceships and there’s no appetite for litigating it over.

lmao yes we must beg forgiveness from the state for protesting unacceptably.

hard pass

Potato Salad posted:

querns was deadass right about people just having fun in w space playing a video game with people who uh *squints* have a record of going to the mat for any of their friends who get hurt by someone else.

Like, the last time Deltas threw down for one of their own, they Attacked and Dethroned the closest thing to God this dumb game has seen so far, so I retract my opinion about posting killmails itt. Keep em coming :honked:

:five:

psilocybin laden
Jul 29, 2022

andromache posted:

Like who? You guys ran off everyone of note in GSF other than like me, bill, and occasionally a wild xttz appearance. Seems like Asher’s play is to just do poo poo better and get back to playing eve. Let his actions speak for themselves and if that’s of interest to people ITT they can give it a try.

If someone got banned and wants to give GSF a try again they can reach out to our new exec either via PM on these forums, or I can get you hooked up with him on discord. GSF is back to shooting spaceships and there’s no appetite for litigating it over.

E: down below you basically said you requested everything that I mention in this post; so it seems we're on the same page

I apologize; like who for what? I am confused; I mentioned in number 3 that if Asher or theAdj made a statement actively condeming the behaviour; as an org statement, that would be appropriate.

It would be more appropriate to add an apology into that as well for the people who were harmed, and more appropriate still if they also mentioned that defense of the behaviour is innappropriate.

Furthermore it would be appropriate to unblacklist Solus, given the circumstances; I don't care if mittens is blacklisted, him being out of the org would be enough; but if he is not blacklisted and the whistleblower is, that's not good (I also know you are not in control of it, I'm saying this all as a general direction for the org to take)

I don't know what litigating means, but the fact there's no appetite to do this very simply thing is a problem - they may have a solution in place for the future, but it still means this whole thing that caused it still has not been fixed.

Prop Wash posted:

Over the past two weeks I've witnessed Dozer help out newbies (like, actual eve newbies) on several different occasions. He's contributed a lot of organizational knowledge and on one occasion walked a newbie through finding us through two wormholes and (somehow) their Selected Items window getting turned off. You, meanwhile, have posted here about how we need to get over toxic behavior and Get Back To Playing The Game.

So yeah, he can give you a lecture, and you should gently caress off.

E: It was inappropriate for the person (Rydis?) who manipulated him into doing so as well, they should be ashamed of themselves

He posted his junk where minors were exposed to it dude; and has a very sordid history completely regardless of that; trying to be a good person now is good and fine and what he should be doing but it does not excuse everything someone has done previously, and people who are done with him have every right to be.

Also this is not a defence of Atrum, he is a big boy and can handle himself. But I will also throw in that Atrum moved mountains for Delta and the survivors of abuse while all this poo poo went down and still advocates for us and the survivors. He may be wasting his time in trying to do so in the Imperium; but it's his time to waste. He was in the posting trenches with us and that's good enough praxis for me.

andromache posted:

You got me. There was a guy who exposed his ejaculated penis on an Internet forum without consent to a bunch of people. Probably should have ran that up through UCMJ as I believe he was still in the Navy at the time.

You are the absolute last person on this earth who can give me a lecture on anything, dickhead, and the fact that you are the Gatekeeper of Gooniness for 2022 SA is the most lol, lmao thing in this thread.

please don't quote people i have on my ignore list, thank you

psilocybin laden fucked around with this message at 22:21 on Aug 1, 2022

Good Dumplings
Mar 30, 2011

Excuse my worthless shitposting because all I can ever hope to accomplish in life is to rot away the braincells of strangers on the internet with my irredeemable brainworms.

same guy that posts this

and this

and again, is responsible for this bit of not-gaslighting

gently caress off with your disingenuous bullshit tia

Bigbillthaboss
Feb 25, 2013

TRASH ASS EDGELORD,
PUT ME ON IGNORE

hey how is your confederate flag avatar is allowed in this thread?

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh

Prop Wash posted:

You know it’s funny because I’ve actually been having some fun playing eve online! The secret I found was to play with a smaller group of nice, welcoming people instead of the toxic mess that is modern-day Goonswarm. Would definitely recommend you try it out :)

I know right, this is the game I re-joined eve for and remember from back in the early days of eve where every day was a new adventure with space friends. Just shooting the poo poo in game and on discord. This is a me thing not a them thing, but when I went out to delve as a industrialist it was like "oh well I guess everything's been done for me, I guess I'll mine then?" In wormhole I can Be Useful and go run round scanning every few hours.

I'm not saying all the GSF people should come join goose but gently caress me raw some of you lot are acting pure bitter as poo poo on the forums for hours and hours a day while we and that Black Flag dude are running around eve like Wheeeeeeeeee idk, maybe join a roaming fleet or something.

Га-га-га ga-ga-ga, гусь гогочет

lollontee
Nov 4, 2014
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

andromache posted:

thank you for being a stalawart knight in our eternal crusade against these actual vermin who make up a seemingly significant portion of your internet guild. and the response you got was....? gently caress you?

GOOD TIMES ON METH posted:

Just thinking how its really unique how people play this MMO in so many different ways. A lot of people play it just as a spaceship shooting Number Go Up mmo but some people apparently actually roleplay based on the ingame lore stuff. You can obviously play it as a pure econ simulator/trading game and float around in big slow space trucks. You can roleplay as a pirate or mercenaries and pick out an area of space to be a dick in. You have the Mittani and other people who tried to make it a political thing and roleplay speeches and stuff like that. And other people play it as like a bureaucracy or corporation simulator, mainly focused on increasing output (people logging in), tracking metrics and other weird middle manager personality poo poo like the 'I was on vacation last week and look what I come back into' quote a few pages ago.

Anyways, it sucks the people running the game obviously have little interest beyond milking their remaining customers until it either dies outright or they find a way to move them into something they like more (first person shooters apparently). But it's neat that there is a MMO environment that accidentally mashed up all the * Simulator games out there.
really, theres something to do for everyone, ultimately the game seems to be about who can create the most power collective of cooperating individuals. since there's so many different things to do and authorise, when it comes to shared resources and who can make what for the betterment of everyone, questions of power and who has it are decisive ones, at least regarding pedophilia enablement. it's a really fascinating game to just think about! the mechanics are really loving boring tho

Good Dumplings posted:

gently caress off with your disingenuous bullshit tia
:boom:

Frank Frank
Jun 13, 2001

Mirrored

Gwailar posted:

Lol how many fedoras do you own? I bet it’s more than one.

E: lmao this person’s solo rap sheet entry is more of the same.

Zodium
Jun 19, 2004

andromache posted:

Goonspeed, then.

You gonna apologize for the horse post? :colbert:

PhilippAchtel
May 31, 2011

andromache posted:

Like who? You guys ran off everyone of note in GSF other than like me, bill, and occasionally a wild xttz appearance. Seems like Asher’s play is to just do poo poo better and get back to playing eve. Let his actions speak for themselves and if that’s of interest to people ITT they can give it a try.

Good lord.

Exhibit A right here.

Rust Martialis posted:

I will say that while I want Alex banned, one thing I'm not actually worried about is him ninja-ing his way back into alliance leader without a fight from the new directorate. I doubt any membercorp CEOs want him back at this stage. And line member opinion is worth ... what, exactly, ever?

As to a blanket pardon, "not happening" is my understanding, but individuals can request it. But I don't see why you would want unbanned anyhow, posters here seem pretty determined to make a new start?

Who of you would go back anyhow, given the general opinion I see here that the new leaders are idiots and Alex's patsies who are circling the wagons and perpetuating racism, sexism, etc?

That's really not the point. People who raised hell about evil poo poo being done by the leadership of an org should always be openly welcomed back, because there's no clearer sign that the new leadership accepts the criticism.

If they choose not to come back, that's up to them, but "you don't want to come back anyway" is a true cop out.

yeah i mean they did 1

for 2, everyone i know stated that

for 3, i agree, but i'd also keep some of them kicked because they're insufferable people in general, has nothing to do with the sitch (situation, for short)

4 nah, you got scammers, robbers, theives, people who made death threats, the guy who leaked mittani's address, etc, those people can stay banned

This person really doesn't get it. Maybe they represent the leadership or the members and maybe they don't.

PhilippAchtel fucked around with this message at 22:23 on Aug 1, 2022

Gwailar
Jun 21, 2021

Frank Frank posted:

Lol how many fedoras do you own? I bet it’s more than one.

I went with the bowler instead.

Seriously, though. This thread (the last thread, actually) was useful at one point. It seems to me to have lost that usefulness. The crusaders seem unwilling to acknowledge that any progress has been made at all.

Given the changes that have happened which not so long ago seemed inconceivable, that strikes me as a sign of either bad faith or a fundamentalist approach to conflict resolution.

causticBeet
Mar 2, 2010

BIG VINCE COMIN FOR YOU
FWIW eve SA threads haven’t been useful since like 2015 so it’s not like this drama is any departure from the norm. What even is a useful thread? Aren’t most people here in the “well u see it is actually bad to try to be good at eve” bucket. Like ullerm could come in and post some dope small gang fits for the people who think having an empty ZKB isn’t a questionable sign for a wormhole group?

I say this not to take a shot at goosefleet, and fully with the understanding that everyone’s still getting situated and moved in and that that takes time, but if it still looks like that in a month that’s no bueno.

causticBeet fucked around with this message at 22:17 on Aug 1, 2022

corgski
Feb 6, 2007

Silly goose, you're here forever.

Of course he's a loving truck sunglasses brand of dumbass

Frank Frank
Jun 13, 2001

Mirrored

Gwailar posted:

Seriously, though. This thread (the last thread, actually) was useful at one point. It seems to me to have lost that usefulness. The crusaders seem unwilling to acknowledge that any progress has been made at all.

Given the changes that have happened which not so long ago seemed inconceivable, that strikes me as a sign of either bad faith or a fundamentalist approach to conflict resolution.

This is a terribly unfunny and transparent gimmick

lollontee
Nov 4, 2014
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

causticBeet posted:

FWIW eve SA threads haven’t been useful since like 2015 so it’s not like this drama is any departure from the norm. What even is a useful thread? Aren’t most people here in the “well u see it is actually bad to try to be good at eve” bucket

well, the "drama" is useful in determining which guild to join, one of which will ask you nudes, the other helping you to learn how to ruin your life by playing eve.

Cease to Hope
Dec 12, 2011
it's wild to me to see andromache trying to set himself up as the good cop when he spent the entire last thread trying to downplay problems in GSF and nitpick accusations, all while positioning himself as a hard-nosed neutral arbiter

andromache posted:

That’s the part that I take a bit of offense to with Aldani’s “I told literally every director” bit.

Because no you loving didn’t. I’m vaguely aware of who she was as being in charge of like sirenswarm and social groups in general, but the claims in her reddit post were the first I’d heard of them.

andromache posted:

Yes, by asking people to be accurate in their claims I’m defending my pals.

Must be very nice to live in your kindergarten crayola world. You are making this post from your tower in Atlantis aka Bolivia aren’t you.

andromache posted:

How is that anything like what I said. Not choosing to go further in a Reddit thread because the OP was going for the sensational emotional splash instead of factual accuracy is always the right call for media consumption. - social or traditional. Don’t fall for the clickbait.

andromache posted:

Yogizh sent some dumbass corpmails like a year ago. Some like identify as an attack helicopter poo poo and some alt right YouTube link.

But because he wasn’t publicly executed for it, people keep hanging onto it. I have no idea if he was privately disciplined for it or not, but fairly certain the policy isn’t to discuss that poo poo publicly anyway.

andromache posted:

It’s my imperium persona but it’s very much not my delta persona as most people in this thread will agree. I inherited reimbursement from Khefron and when initially hired I resolved to be a kinder, gentler, customer focused director than how Khefron ran the org.

I promptly realized Khefron was right, goons are loving terrible, and developed some very spiky thorns to dissuade anyone from bothering me unless they absolutely had their ducks in a loving row.

this isn't even cherry-picking, it's just posts one after another, just a few weeks ago.

FruitNYogurtParfait
Mar 29, 2006

Sion lied. Deadtear died for our sins. #VengeanceForDeadtear
#PunGateNeverForget
#ModLivesMatter

andromache posted:

I mostly just want to post on this thread without dozer leaping out of the trunk like That Scene from The Hangover (appropriate on several levels).

I ignored his rear end for two weeks but if he wants to be a bitter ex because someone’s not interested in carrying water for him anymore what am I supposed to do? Hit the report button and whine to Kaysette?

if he's being super aggro yes, if not you literally hit the ignore button and remove someone's existence from your mind

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

Every revolution evaporates and leaves behind only the slime of a new bureaucracy

This is what it looks like when you have armchair middle management trying to paper over a CEO level HR crisis.

Claim everything is fixed, cast doubts on those asking for change, focus on getting back to normal without actually addressing many of the core problems, throw up the cowardly suggestion that they are unable to do anything further etc.

corgski
Feb 6, 2007

causticBeet posted:

having an empty ZKB isn’t a questionable sign for a wormhole group?

I see 58 killmails on our internal dashboard and it's only been up a week.

corgski fucked around with this message at 22:24 on Aug 1, 2022

dragonshardz
May 2, 2017

causticBeet posted:

FWIW eve SA threads haven’t been useful since like 2015 so it’s not like this drama is any departure from the norm. What even is a useful thread? Aren’t most people here in the “well u see it is actually bad to try to be good at eve” bucket. Like ullerm could come in and post some dope small gang fits for the people who think having an empty ZKB isn’t a questionable sign for a wormhole group?

I say this not to take a shot at goosefleet, and fully with the understanding that everyone’s still getting situated and moved in and that that takes time, but if it still looks like that in a month that’s no bueno.

Our ZKB isn't empty, hth

Good Dumplings
Mar 30, 2011

Excuse my worthless shitposting because all I can ever hope to accomplish in life is to rot away the braincells of strangers on the internet with my irredeemable brainworms.

Gwailar posted:

a "fundamentalist approach" to getting rid of a man who has been documented doing the following:

• trying to prevent the ban of a documented pedophile
  • being banned from communities in his town for sexual harassment/abusive behavior
  • stonewalling moderation because the victim of an incident is an "amber heard bitch"

you're saying that disavowing this person in the exact way this site was able to do with far fewer resources is too heavy-handed, when there is already tacit support for his return visible in both in-game messages and GSF forum posts; I'd ask if you feel that banning Mittani is too "woke" but it seems like you already answered that

causticBeet
Mar 2, 2010

BIG VINCE COMIN FOR YOU

corgski posted:

I see 58 killmails on our internal dashboard and it's only been up a week.

dragonshardz posted:

Our ZKB isn't empty, hth

That’s pretty respectable. A lot of people are quick to dismiss killboards, and they should if it’s an argument about quality (gently caress efficiency ratios), but quantity is absolutely important and a good way to measure how much stuff a group (especially a WH group) does in space together.

CainFortea
Oct 15, 2004

Prop Wash posted:

Over the past two weeks I've witnessed Dozer help out newbies (like, actual eve newbies) on several different occasions.

He's just prepping his next victims. hth.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

ullerrm
Dec 31, 2012

Oh, the network slogan is true -- "watch FOX and be damned for all eternity!"

Voyager I posted:

We need Ullerm to come back so the thread can have one categorically good poster.

Thread can’t be redeemed, OP. Just unbookmark it and take your memories of the good times with you.

(I’m back to winning eve, but the Goosefleet folks seem cool, and I strongly suggest they make a separate thread so that the “is illum actually a bad thing, and can/should GSF redeem itself” prattle can be contained to this damned place.)

corgski
Feb 6, 2007

ullerrm posted:

Thread can’t be redeemed, OP. Just unbookmark it and take your memories of the good times with you.

(I’m back to winning eve, but the Goosefleet folks seem cool, and I strongly suggest they make a separate thread so that the “is illum actually a bad thing, and can/should GSF redeem itself” prattle can be contained to this damned place.)

Come visit our thread, it's in PGS!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bigbillthaboss
Feb 25, 2013

TRASH ASS EDGELORD,
PUT ME ON IGNORE

corgski posted:

Of course he's a loving truck sunglasses brand of dumbass

I drive a prius tyvm