Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Vulpes
Nov 13, 2002

Well, shit.
Not quite as impressive but this was my last Hunter run. Exterminate adds its damage to the next attack, so damage was scaling geometrically with crits taken into account. I think I killed Dante in three hits.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SynthesisAlpha
Jun 19, 2007
Cyber-Monocle sporting Space Billionaire

Vulpes posted:

Not quite as impressive but this was my last Hunter run. Exterminate adds its damage to the next attack, so damage was scaling geometrically with crits taken into account. I think I killed Dante in three hits.

That is a deeply impressive deck. I think I like the value of the blacksmith's "upgrade all basic attacks" too much to remove everything. I did kill the last boss on difficult in two hits with my stupid OP warmace run. 712 hp I think. My highest damge in a single hit was 560.

I assume that's the "when you add a duplicate, upgrade all copies 2 times" talent?

Vulpes
Nov 13, 2002

Well, shit.

SynthesisAlpha posted:

I assume that's the "when you add a duplicate, upgrade all copies 2 times" talent?

Yeah, and also 'when you upgrade a card, upgrade it again' which I think fires per level of upgrade (i.e. upgrade twice becomes upgrade 4 times, not 3)

mirror123
Jan 17, 2006
rice barrel

Vulpes posted:

Yeah, and also 'when you upgrade a card, upgrade it again' which I think fires per level of upgrade (i.e. upgrade twice becomes upgrade 4 times, not 3)

When you get the additional upgrades talents the swap upgrades shrines are super fun because they double upgrades on both cards.

SynthesisAlpha
Jun 19, 2007
Cyber-Monocle sporting Space Billionaire

mirror123 posted:

When you get the additional upgrades talents the swap upgrades shrines are super fun because they double upgrades on both cards.

Oh goddamn I never suspected the interaction would be handled like that. That's disgusting.

I'm STILL trying to make a firecast deck work but it just seems too easy to bury all the cards that bury cards and just ruin the firecast chain. It's also terrible because trying to force burning as a damage source just completely fails on the final boss because he clears an affliction every turn.

Also I had three attempts at a bleed hunter go south in the grove of the dying star because the boss just copies your bleeds onto you and you can't trigger them until his barrier is down. I would just end up at 25 bleed stacks and he'd draw 3 attacks the moment his barrier goes down and bring me from full to dead. Finally got it to work by buying a cleansing potion beforehand. That run went on to be the first time I got a deep wounds build to work, Duel Mastery (deep wound every 5 basics), whirling strikes (conjure a free basic when you play a non-conjured basic), cutting words and two follow throughs. Last boss still had like 450 hp when deep wounds killed him. Also helped that I had heal 1 when you inflict bleeding, +2 to in combat healing, and imbued carnage (melee attacks inflict 1 bleeding). I healed 30-40 hp every turn against any enemy.

Really having fun exploring different builds on difficult mode.

Xtanstic
Nov 23, 2007

Just saw this pop up on my twitter feed:

https://twitter.com/tinytouchtales/status/1554829439988547584

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.tinytouchtales.cardcrawladventure

I recognized the art. I enjoyed greatly Miracle Merchant by the same dev, was too dumb for Card Thief and played Card Crawl a bit. I'll probably give this a whirl soon-ish but I'm sure other people in this thread will probably enjoy it.

GreenBuckanneer
Sep 15, 2007

I am so tired of deck building dungeon crawlers on mobile apps

leper khan
Dec 28, 2010
Honest to god thinks Half Life 2 is a bad game. But at least he likes Monster Hunter.

GreenBuckanneer posted:

I am so tired of deck building dungeon crawlers on mobile apps

How do you feel about clones of magic survival?

mirror123
Jan 17, 2006
rice barrel

SynthesisAlpha posted:

Oh goddamn I never suspected the interaction would be handled like that. That's disgusting.

Oh and it also works for the shrine where you shuffle all upgrades. I was running duplicity once so I had multiple upgrades everywhere and got the shuffle shrine late and it just made almost every card super upgraded.

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

Xtanstic posted:

Just saw this pop up on my twitter feed:

https://twitter.com/tinytouchtales/status/1554829439988547584

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.tinytouchtales.cardcrawladventure

I recognized the art. I enjoyed greatly Miracle Merchant by the same dev, was too dumb for Card Thief and played Card Crawl a bit. I'll probably give this a whirl soon-ish but I'm sure other people in this thread will probably enjoy it.

I don't like this game much. Super confused out the gate with the symbols on the cards and the mechanics in general. The art seems nice tho

Lowness 72
Jul 19, 2006
BUTTS LOL

Jade Ear Joe

explosivo posted:

I don't like this game much. Super confused out the gate with the symbols on the cards and the mechanics in general. The art seems nice tho

This was my same reaction. Tutorial was throwing aloooot at me.

Alehkhs
Oct 6, 2010

The Sorrow of Poets

BoldFace posted:

Seems like a mobile version of Papers, Please will come soon.

https://twitter.com/dukope/status/1550895020861181952

Out now!

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.llc3909.papersplease

VelociBacon
Dec 8, 2009

Yeah that's an instant purchase thank you.

Morpheus
Apr 18, 2008

My favourite little monsters
Papers Please is one of those games that I'm interested in but the failure state is so devastating (narratively, I mean) that it's hard for me to play it without the fear of failure getting in my way.

Relentless
Sep 22, 2007

It's a perfect day for some mayhem!

Morpheus posted:

Papers Please is one of those games that I'm interested in but the failure state is so devastating (narratively, I mean) that it's hard for me to play it without the fear of failure getting in my way.

How do you not enjoy Job Stress: The Game?

(I can't play it either. It's a great game but I do not enjoy playing it.)

leper khan posted:

How do you feel about clones of magic survival?

I have seen ads for 3 separate lovely Magic Survival games in just the last day or so. I downloaded the blobman one and it's so soulless, I'm honestly impressed.

Zet
Aug 3, 2010
If you're interested in some behind the scenes decisions, the dev for Papers, Please made a post about it: https://dukope.com/devlogs/papers-please/mobile/

NinjaDebugger
Apr 22, 2008

SynthesisAlpha posted:

I'm STILL trying to make a firecast deck work but it just seems too easy to bury all the cards that bury cards and just ruin the firecast chain. It's also terrible because trying to force burning as a damage source just completely fails on the final boss because he clears an affliction every turn.

Also I had three attempts at a bleed hunter go south in the grove of the dying star because the boss just copies your bleeds onto you and you can't trigger them until his barrier is down. I would just end up at 25 bleed stacks and he'd draw 3 attacks the moment his barrier goes down and bring me from full to dead. Finally got it to work by buying a cleansing potion beforehand. That run went on to be the first time I got a deep wounds build to work, Duel Mastery (deep wound every 5 basics), whirling strikes (conjure a free basic when you play a non-conjured basic), cutting words and two follow throughs. Last boss still had like 450 hp when deep wounds killed him. Also helped that I had heal 1 when you inflict bleeding, +2 to in combat healing, and imbued carnage (melee attacks inflict 1 bleeding). I healed 30-40 hp every turn against any enemy.

Really having fun exploring different builds on difficult mode.

I have burned Dante out once by having Elemental Conflux so that burn also added slow, and he cleared the slow instead of the burn and that was GG because I had dropped like 300 burn and slow on him in the first turn.

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

I never got real into Papers Please on PC because it felt very overwhelming at the time but 8 years later or whatever this android version is really sticking with me. The UI is very usable and after reading the devs blog I understand why, dude put a lot of thought into it.

staplegun
Sep 21, 2003

We're working on swapping out some inactives in the goon Shop Titans guild. We have one spot open right now, drop a post with your player ID if you want an invite!

Vulpes
Nov 13, 2002

Well, shit.

Zet posted:

If you're interested in some behind the scenes decisions, the dev for Papers, Please made a post about it: https://dukope.com/devlogs/papers-please/mobile/

This is an extremely pro-click if you are a UX nerd.

The Duggler
Feb 20, 2011

I do not hear you, I do not see you, I will not let you get into the Duggler's head with your bring-downs.

Dawncaster is loving dope and if you have Bux to spend it's definitely a good choice. It's a battery killer on my.pixel 5 though.

Will probably pick up papers please just because I haven't played it more than a few minutes on PC and it seems suited perfectly to mobile

Android games are.... Good?

Xun
Apr 25, 2010

Anyone know of some good idling games or whatever that aren't too full of ads? I picked up animal restaurant again which fits the "something to play on my commute and progresses while I'm at work" type of gameplay but it's just a straight wall of ads ads ads.

Hand Row
May 28, 2001
Been talking about it in the iOS thread and would highly recommend Paragon Pioneers. It’s like an Anno idle supply chain game. You can play a demo version for free that limits you to one island. Paid version is a few bucks and well worth it, even more so because it’s a solo effort developed game. No ads at all in either version and nothing more paid so no walls you’ll hit.

incogneato
Jun 4, 2007

Zoom! Swish! Bang!
Into The Breach question:

It seems to (usually) use the single use turn reset when I close the game mid-mission. Which is a fairly annoying issue on a mobile game. It's turn-based so I had enjoyed being able to pick it up and pause it as needed.

Is this working as intended, or am I doing something wrong? Is there some way to pause/close the game mid mission without losing the reset?

CaptainBeefart
Mar 28, 2016

incogneato posted:

It seems to (usually) use the single use turn reset when I close the game mid-mission. Which is a fairly annoying issue on a mobile game. It's turn-based so I had enjoyed being able to pick it up and pause it as needed.

Is this working as intended, or am I doing something wrong? Is there some way to pause/close the game mid mission without losing the reset?

Have you tried clicking the gear icon and Main Menu and then exiting the game? I have not come across this issue when closing the app mid mission.

Farquar
Apr 30, 2003

Bjorn you glad I didn't say banana?

incogneato posted:

I've been playing this a lot, and just turning off my phone screen, or pressing the home button when I'm done. I haven't had this issue at all. What method are you using to quit?

Xtanstic
Nov 23, 2007

Hand Row posted:

Been talking about it in the iOS thread and would highly recommend Paragon Pioneers. It’s like an Anno idle supply chain game. You can play a demo version for free that limits you to one island. Paid version is a few bucks and well worth it, even more so because it’s a solo effort developed game. No ads at all in either version and nothing more paid so no walls you’ll hit.

Quoting this so I can add it to my list when I need something new in the fall. The concept sounds like it'll scratch an itch when I have it. Thanks!

e: Just realized I already had this wishlisted on Steam hahaha

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

Paragon Pioneers is cool but I got frustrated pretty quickly with the multi island management. Unlike Anno it takes hours irl for a trade route to finish so it was hard to impossible for me to keep my main island supplied with enough from my other islands because I'd use up what was brought over before the trade ship was half way back. I tried to mitigate this by just adding a lot more trade routes but the UI made it hard to keep track of boats and where they were at any given time.

Hand Row
May 28, 2001

explosivo posted:

Paragon Pioneers is cool but I got frustrated pretty quickly with the multi island management. Unlike Anno it takes hours irl for a trade route to finish so it was hard to impossible for me to keep my main island supplied with enough from my other islands because I'd use up what was brought over before the trade ship was half way back. I tried to mitigate this by just adding a lot more trade routes but the UI made it hard to keep track of boats and where they were at any given time.

You don’t need to manage and track them. You really just need to know how many ships are needed for a trade route and you can see the numbers assigned to each route in the initial Trade Route screen.

The trickier part is knowing how much a ship can provide per hour but once you know a cog can provide roughly 28 per hour on a trade route it’s light math. If my island demands 60 bread/hour, I’ll need 3 cogs on the bread trade route to get over 60. In this case the cogs could supply 28*3 so 84 bread per hour. Then obviously you have to have production on the other island that’s producing the bread to match.

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

Got my first Dawncaster win last night with the Warrior, which I initially thought was bad because of all the self damage in the red deck but holy poo poo was I wrong. My basic attacks were all doing 20-25 damage per hit plus the bonuses from whatever my Anger level was plus the damage from the stacks of Brittle and in most cases I was killing things before they had a turn. I think the last boss got one turn in on me.

CainFortea
Oct 15, 2004

Infinite brittle basic attack warrior is the only way I can beat the game on hard/difficult. And i've only faced the spine one time.

FistEnergy
Nov 3, 2000

DAY CREW: WORKING HARD

Fun Shoe
Papers, Please for $4.99? Absolutely! Now just offer me Tropico for the same price.

Kris xK
Apr 23, 2010
I'm still waiting for Xcom2 to go on sale.

Vulpes
Nov 13, 2002

Well, shit.
One-shot Spine on Impossible today, Knight with Greatsword and Blessed Weapon is OP. Actually Blessed Weapon is crazy OP for every class using basic attack (e.g. Onzil). Might be my favorite card in the game.

I can't post a deck screenshot because fighting Spine destroys a bunch of your cards, so your run ends up with a weird busted deck. But Greatsword with lots of upgrades, Blessed Weapon, the one that lets you draw a card on basic attack and Consecration (basics deal burning equal to their damage). Just (almost) infinite chunky basic attacks that each leave a big burn. Think I applied about 2k of burn to Spine on the first round.

Shrimp or Shrimps
Feb 14, 2012

Kris xK posted:

I'm still waiting for Xcom2 to go on sale.

It's worth it at full price. Plus I think the studio that did the port don't put their games on sale? Not sure on that one.

I can't get over how perfect a mobile game Into the Breach is. I understand it can't be monetized easily so it's not perfect for developers, but I would think there'd be more games that follow that basic turn based pick up and put down whenever premise.

I've now played it more on my phone than I ever did on PC. I do also get that bug where the reset gets used to I always go to main menu if I'm putting down my phone.

If FTL could somehow be adapted to be turn based that'd be awesome.

Shrimp or Shrimps fucked around with this message at 04:31 on Aug 14, 2022

CainFortea
Oct 15, 2004

Paragon Pioneers desperately needs a "leave only when full" setting on waypoints on trade routes. Instead of having to set an alarm to remind me when to add another ship to the route

Corbeau
Sep 13, 2010

Jack of All Trades
I just discovered that Duelyst is on Android and has a playerbase. Super stoked - nothing ever scratched the same itch, so I'm ecstatic to play again.

A Cup of Ramen
Oct 16, 2012

Wait what I thought Duelyst shut down ages ago, it came back?

Sandwich Anarchist
Sep 12, 2008
Yeah just dropped, looks like a reboot

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Corbeau
Sep 13, 2010

Jack of All Trades
Seems to be back in multiple forms, actually. What I've been playing is the Android client for duelyst.gg, which is a re-creation of the original game by a fan developer. There is also an official Duelyst II with IP rights that had an alpha test sometime in the past month, but it's back to closed development.

I've no idea what, if anything, will happen to duelyst.gg after Duelyst II releases. In the meantime, duelyst.gg is great because it has no metaprogression designed to microtransact your wallet into the grave. You just have access to every card implemented, straight-up.