Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Xiahou Dun
Jul 16, 2009

We shall dive down through black abysses... and in that lair of the Deep Ones we shall dwell amidst wonder and glory forever.

KitConstantine posted:

Mark is going to FEAST

DEMON FEAST

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007
An alright dude.
What are the odds that Alex Jones doubles down and goes full loving lunatic crazy on the stand.

Like just up and says the whole thing is a hoax by evil globalists.

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer
He's got to either go fully unhinged or maximum subdued. Nothing in between would make sense.

Tree Dude
May 26, 2012

AND MY SONG IS...
If Mark is right and their legal strategy is actually fishing for a mistrial I think full crazy Alex is most likely

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007
An alright dude.
I'm saying unhinged

Place your bets!

Seth Pecksniff
May 27, 2004

can't believe shrek is fucking dead. rip to a real one.

Chimp_On_Stilts posted:

:siren: Alex Jones will be taking the stand tomorrow :siren:

His lawyer just confirmed this to the judge.

:peanut:

JediTalentAgent
Jun 5, 2005
Hey, look. Look, if- if you screw me on this, I shall become more powerful than you can possibly imagine, you rat bastard!
What are the odds he no-shows? Not just a simple not showing up, but there will be a complicated "currently at the hospital" or "giving statement to the police" sort of thing.

Frank Frank
Jun 13, 2001

Mirrored

Chimp_On_Stilts posted:

I would have bet good money against this. His lawyers are loving awful if they let him go through with it

Edit: for the money my bet is that he goes the Tucker “it’s all just entertainment everyone knows that” route but I would have probably emptied my bank account to bet that he wasn’t dumb enough to take the stand so maybe don’t listen to me

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.

JediTalentAgent posted:

What are the odds he no-shows? Not just a simple not showing up, but there will be a complicated "currently at the hospital" or "giving statement to the police" sort of thing.

They'll just roll into closing arguments. The court isn't going to subpoena him for friendly direct.

B-Rock452
Jan 6, 2005
:justflu:

Frank Frank posted:

I would have bet good money against this. His lawyers are loving awful if they let him go through with it

It's absolutely insane and a terrible terrible idea (for the defense) but for us it will be hilarious. And holy poo poo he is going to get eviscerated during cross.

Can we get an over under for whether or not he takes his shirt off or mentions chili?

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

If you see me posting please remind me that I have Charlie Work in the reports forum to do instead

Chimp_On_Stilts posted:

:sickos:

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.
He's likely to be put on the stand by plaintiffs in the second phase of the trial, regardless, because they want to get testimony about his net worth.

Xiahou Dun
Jul 16, 2009

We shall dive down through black abysses... and in that lair of the Deep Ones we shall dwell amidst wonder and glory forever.

Frank Frank posted:

He must be insisting on it. No sane person could think this is a good idea.

Although I guess Shitball hasn’t exactly been a great advocate for his brand here lol.

wit
Jul 26, 2011
I think the DSM-I's definition of PTSD is "an imbalance of the four humours treatable with with a cocaine-opium tincture in men. And nymphomania in women treatable with witch burning."

Frank Frank
Jun 13, 2001

Mirrored

B-Rock452 posted:

It's absolutely insane and a terrible terrible idea (for the defense) but for us it will be hilarious. And holy poo poo he is going to get eviscerated during cross.

Can we get an over under for whether or not he takes his shirt off or mentions chili?

Yeah that’s the thing. There’s no pause button. Once he’s up there they are going to needle the poo poo out of him until he wigs out and no one will be able to stop it.

I still think they might find some way to weasel out of this because letting Jones testify is like putting Manson on the stand. His lawyers absolutely cannot predict or control what he’s going to say and that is terrible lawyering

Piell
Sep 3, 2006

Grey Worm's Ken doll-like groin throbbed with the anticipatory pleasure that only a slightly warm and moist piece of lemoncake could offer

Young Orc

Frank Frank posted:

Yeah that’s the thing. There’s no pause button. Once he’s up there they are going to needle the poo poo out of him until he wigs out and no one will be able to stop it.

I still think they might find some way to weasel out of this because letting Jones testify is like putting Manson on the stand. His lawyers absolutely cannot predict or control what he’s going to say and that is terrible lawyering

Honestly think they're just going for a mistrial

teen witch
Oct 9, 2012
I’m 100 percent unsure as to how to do a toxx or a mod challenge, but I give you my blessing should anyone wish to proceed with something or other, because I crave goon blood

Frank Frank
Jun 13, 2001

Mirrored

Piell posted:

Honestly think they're just going for a mistrial

They are rapidly running out of runway for that though

E: Think about it this way. Pretend for a moment you are Jones' lawyer. He is already guilty and you are in the penalty phase of the trial at this point. What could you possibly gain by putting Jones on the stand. There's literally nothing he can say that's not going to sound like either A) mealy-mouthed excuses or B) victim blaming or C) lol both

Jones could present a notarized memo from God and he'd still be turbofucked. This is insane.

Frank Frank fucked around with this message at 23:09 on Aug 1, 2022

wit
Jul 26, 2011

Frank Frank posted:

Well he's been all but pulling his pants down and making GBS threads on his "newsdesk" recently, screaming about interdimensional travel and fighting future robots. Maybe its a gambit to show how you can't possibly take what he says as of consequence. Which might have worked at the beginning but doesn't discount the fact that he is also a very rich crazy person who needs to loving pay up.

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Would that affect the ~~Sanctions~~?

B-Rock452
Jan 6, 2005
:justflu:

Frank Frank posted:

Yeah my guess is they want him to appear sympathetic and are probably going to go down some route like "I just lost control of this narrative and couldn't reign in my followers" and then during cross he will get asked a single question and then flip out completely negating any progress the defense makes. Which won't be much

Tree Dude
May 26, 2012

AND MY SONG IS...
Didn't he double down on the conspiracy narrative at his deposition in December?

Frank Frank
Jun 13, 2001

Mirrored

B-Rock452 posted:

Yeah my guess is they want him to appear sympathetic and are probably going to go down some route like "I just lost control of this narrative and couldn't reign in my followers" and then during cross he will get asked a single question and then flip out completely negating any progress the defense makes. Which won't be much

The time to do that would have been during the actual trial to determine whether he was at fault or not. We're past that now and everyone has already been instructed to assume he's guilty. Nothing and I mean NOTHING he could possibly say is going to paint him in a better light. They can straight up ask him why he refused to participate in the trial. They can play recordings of poo poo he said on the air and ask him questions about it. Putting him on the stand is an insane failure of lawyering.

I suppose you could make an argument that they want him to appear more sympathetic to people who were already receptive to Jones' particular brand of crazy but those people were already sympathetic so what's the loving point? The moment he says anything that isn't "I'm sorry, I was wrong" he's going to be utterly eviscerated.

Frank Frank fucked around with this message at 23:13 on Aug 1, 2022

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007
An alright dude.
Yeah Jones going onto the stand is a absolute disaster. He's going to get crossed about his net worth along with a bunch of other poo poo.

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993
maybe he'll fake a heart attack five minutes in to cross

Cat Puke
Apr 15, 2017
They just need to give him a chance to go to the bathroom and "hype himself up in the mirror." Then the sparks will fly.

Frank Frank
Jun 13, 2001

Mirrored

Hollismason posted:

Yeah Jones going onto the stand is a absolute disaster. He's going to get crossed about his net worth along with a bunch of other poo poo.

Yup. Just having him up there allows the plaintiff to ask him p much anything so long as it's germane to the case/sentencing from what I understand. Maybe Jones is gonna Bud Dwyer himself? That's literally the only reason I can think of to do this.

Scipiotik
Mar 2, 2004

"I would have won the race but for that."
This is going to end with him and his attorneys held in contempt. Intentionally

Grand Fromage
Jan 30, 2006

L-l-look at you bar-bartender, a-a pa-pathetic creature of meat and bone, un-underestimating my l-l-liver's ability to metab-meTABolize t-toxins. How can you p-poison a perfect, immortal alcohOLIC?

Frank Frank posted:

That's literally the only reason I can think of to do this.

He's so delusional he thinks he can pull off a defense

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Dirty protest.

Your Gay Uncle
Feb 16, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Tree Dude posted:

Didn't he double down on the conspiracy narrative at his deposition in December?

He said he believed that real children were really killed by adam lanza, but he still has questions about Sandy Hook and the jurors should research it himself. Since he is a massive liar he probably thinks it was a cross dimensional Hillary clone attack, so who knows. Him being under oath means nothing.

I'm guessing he does ok with his lawyer, and then Bankston just needles him until he explodes in rage.

Can a defendant having an insane screaming fit in front of a jury be a cause for mistrial?

Frank Frank
Jun 13, 2001

Mirrored

Grand Fromage posted:

He's so delusional he thinks he can pull off a defense

This is why you pay lawyers to tell you to shut up and sit down. Don’t get me wrong, this is going to be loving hilarious (and I still don’t think it will happen) but no one in their right mind will ever hire that law firm again if they let him go up there and make an rear end out of himself.

Hell, if the lawyer didn’t agree with this approach I think this would be the sort of thing that would allow him to bow out of the case, wouldn’t it? “Sorry, I can’t represent Mr. Jones he won’t listen to me and I don’t think I can continue to defend him”. That’s a thing, right?

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!
In the end a lawyer can’t stop their client from doing what they want. As long as people know whose idea it is

Nelson Mandingo
Mar 27, 2005

Butterwagon posted:

Super cool that the Sandy Hook guy can livestream himself saying "I am trying to commit fraud right now" and apparently the courts can't do anything about it

This is from a few pages back but could you elaborate on this? Was he actually ranting about this on his livestream?

Also close to my actual genuine reaction to Alex going on the stand. Yeah calling it now he either is completely subdued or he goes full ham. I don't understand why they're doing this though? I mean. They might be fishing for a mistrial but short of Alex freaking out and rage making GBS threads himself on the bench I don't know how they could justify it at this point.

teen witch
Oct 9, 2012
I really want to know the thought process of S. Ball attorney at law, when taking on this case.

Seeing all the lawyers he’s gone through and who he is, what he’s known for, the very horrific nature of this case, and thinking “yeah I got that”

Nelson Mandingo
Mar 27, 2005

Cat Puke posted:

They just need to give him a chance to go to the bathroom and "hype himself up in the mirror." Then the sparks will fly.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LhqUk28OwHs

Saltpowered
Apr 12, 2010

Chief Executive Officer
Awful Industries, LLC
Can’t wait for him to get asked about his videos this week talking about the trial and how he filed for bankruptcy to defraud the government.

Grand Fromage
Jan 30, 2006

L-l-look at you bar-bartender, a-a pa-pathetic creature of meat and bone, un-underestimating my l-l-liver's ability to metab-meTABolize t-toxins. How can you p-poison a perfect, immortal alcohOLIC?

teen witch posted:

I really want to know the thought process of S. Ball attorney at law, when taking on this case.

:10bux::10bux::10bux:etc

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

If you see me posting please remind me that I have Charlie Work in the reports forum to do instead

Frank Frank posted:

It really sucks that the stink of cases like this doesn’t stick to lawyers. Sure, everyone is entitled to representation but lawyers also have the ability to say “lol not it”. This mofo should be pilloried

this one might actually stick to him, there are reasons for the distinction between "these offenses are sanctionable" and "these arguments are merely the inevitable result of a lawyer being handed a disaster of a case and impotently flailing to try and make his client's outcome less cataclysmic", and repeatedly breaking trial rules after multiple, increasingly angry judge admonishments is more like the first one

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

Tree Dude posted:

I like the little aside from the Judge while deciding on the questions. It was something like

Question: are you aware of other members of the community who have been harassed such as teachers or first responders?

Judge: or judges

oh no